Alive

Shane's POV

  I look down at the ridge again and tears rush into my eyes. No way my Gracie went through all this trouble to look for a little girl. A little girl who Gracie believes, got lost because of her. I shake my head. My sister is possibly dead because of a little girl who couldn't tell her left from her right?!

  I take a deep breath, calming myself. I start to make my way back to the farm. But I stop when I hear a small whimper.

  "Hello?" I ask, my voice just a little bit lower than a shout. "Over here." I hear a small voice answer me. I turn to the direction of the voice. It was a little girl, and she was coming out of a bush. I had hope for a little second that it was Sophia, but once I see her face I knew it wasn't her.

  She runs to me and hugs me. "Oh my goodness! I haven't seen a human being since this whole thing started. My parents got eaten by those...those things and I had nobody else with me and those things just keep coming." She rants. Immediately she reminds me of when Katelynn when she was 8 or 9. Katelynn would rant when she was nervous or scared. "It's alright. I'm here. What's your name?" I ask her.

  "Reagan." She replies.

  Grace's POV

  It's like I was awake, but I wasn't. My breathing started getting heavy and I was sweating. Am I dead? "Grace, wake up." Someone says. My eyebrows furrow. Who is that? My breathing gets heavier. "Grace wake up!" They get louder. My eyes flutter open. I see who was trying to get me up. Daryl.

  I sit up quickly but I slow it down when my vision gets blurry and I get light-headed. "Woah, slow down." Daryl says. I obey, laying back down. "What did I miss while I was asleep?" I ask. And my voice was raspy, cue the sexiness. Note the sarcasm. "Well Sophia is still missing but Shane brought a little girl back with him. Her name is Reagan." He explains. I nod.

  Silence filled the room but it wasn't awkward, it was comfortable. "You want something to eat?" Daryl asks me. I think for a moment. "A sandwich would be nice." I reply. He nods before getting up and leaving the room. About 5 minutes later the door opens but it's not Daryl. It's Shane.

  "Hey little sister." He says. "Hey big brother." I reply. He hands me my sandwich and I take a huge bite. "So, how old is that little girl you brought back with you?" I ask, my mouth full of food. Shane chuckles at me. "9." He replies.

  "Where's her parents?" I ask. He shakes his head no indicating that the parents are dead. "Well, if you want I'll take responsibility of her." I say. He looks at me like I'm crazy. "Gracie no."  He answers.

  "I want to. Plus I've always wanted a child. I don't see what's wrong with it." I say. He thinks about before finally giving in. "Alright fine. But you're going to have to train her. She can come to gun training with us but you have to do the rest." He says.

  "Yay." I cheer, clapping my hands. "So when can I get out of bed so I can meet Reagan." I say, getting excited. "Woah, slow your roll. You can when you feel better." He says. "But I do feel better, see." I say standing up quickly but I wasn't light-headed. YAY!

  "Alright fine." He gives in. "Ha ha. I got you wrapped around my finger." I laugh. "Shut up." He complains. I walk out the room and see everyone in the livingroom, including Reagan. "Grace!" Glenn shouts since he was the first one who saw me. "Hey Glenn." I smile. I walk outside and walk down the steps. This air feels good.

  I start off walking and then I get faster and faster and soon enough I'm full out running. "Woo hoo!!" I scream, running into the field. I end up tripping over my own foot and I fall in the grass. "Gracie?!" Shane shouts. I just burst out laughing so hard I start to cry. I hear footsteps running towards me. "Gracie how do you feel?" Shane asks. "I feel...alive." I reply after I recover myself.

---------------------------------------------------------------

  "Hello Reagan, I'm Grace but you can call me Gracie." I introduce myself to the 9 year-old. "Hi." She says shyly. "Don't be shy, I'm just a normal 25 year-old woman who wants to meet you and take care of you. And we can't do that if you are shy now can we?" I question her. She shakes her head that was full of long brown hair, just like mine. It was creepy how she looked a lot like me.

  "Alright, so tell me about yourself." I say. "Well, my favorite color is blue, my favorite animals are panda bears, my favorite fruits are apples. And the rest you have to find out for yourself." She replies.

  She has additude, I like it. I smirk at her. "Well I have to say, we have a lot in common." I tell her. She smiles at me. I like this little girl. And I have a strong feeling that we're going to be very close.

  Authors Note:

  Heyy guys so I decided to update today :). I notice it's a short chapter but it's 1:47 in the morning over where I live which is Oklahoma and I'm tired so I made it short don't get mad at me!!!! I know some people see my book as a resemblance to 'Angel With A Shotgun' because in that book she's Shane's sister and she has a little girl to take care of and she was abused just like Grace was.
Honestly I have to admit I used some of my stuff from that book because it is my favorite TWD/Daryl Dixon fanfiction. So yes that's why there is so much in common.
Actually before I wrote Bitten on Wattpad I wrote it in note books and in the notebooks, she was Daryl's sister and she hated Shane. So nothing in common there. Anyways love ya guys!!! Byeeeee!!!