Home Sweet Home

Grace's POV   *3 Months Ago*

  "Grace, can we please take a break?" Enid asked, panting heavily as we continued to run from the horde of walkers.

"Yeah, yeah just set our stuff down there." I pointed next to the tree.

Enid threw the backpack down and threw herself down right after.

"We need to find a place to settle down. All we do is run." I panted.

"Wait, are you talking about finding a group? Because I can't do that." Enid pointed out.

I shook my head. "No, no just a place to hide us from the walkers."

A look of relief crossed Enid's face along with the tired look.

The sounds of moans, groans, and growls made me snap my head to the direction we came from.

"Damn it." I cursed.

"You're right, all we do is run." Enid sighed as she got back up.

*Present*

"How long is this gonna take? I want some spaghetti." I pouted.

Eric chuckled. "Would you stop complaining. You don't even know if you won the bet in the first place."

"From how long this is taking, I wouldn't be surprised if they killed the man."

I turned and look at Eric and saw the look of worry on his face. Crap.

"Oh shit, I'm sorry. I forgot he was your boyfriend for a second." I apologized.

"It's alright. You don't have a boyfriend, you wouldn't understand."

I immediately thought of Daryl but shook it off quickly.

"You're right. I wouldn't understand." I mumbled, loud enough for Eric to hear me.

There was a moment of silence before Eric spoke up.

"There they are." Eric pointed to the rode from behind the haystack.

I looked but all I could see was five figures.

"We couldn't be closer?" I asked mostly to myself.

"Nope, we couldn't risk it. At least that's what Aaron said, even though he never makes the right calls."

I laughed softly. "He made the right call making that bet with me. Because now you guys owe me spaghetti."

"Hey, you don't know that yet." Eric disagreed.

"Oh trust me, I think I know."

3rd Person

"When the world was still the world, I worked for an NGO. Our mission was to deliver medicine and food to the Niger River Delta. Bad people put guns in my face every other week," Aaron explained to Rick before sighing.

"You're not bad people. You're not going to kill us, and we are definitely not going to kill you." Aaron finished.

Rick looked through the cracks of the barn before speaking. "Just because we're good people, doesn't mean we won't kill you."

Rick looked down at his watch. "If the five of them aren't back in an hour, I will put a knife in the base of your skull." Rick growled.

Grace's POV

We watched as the five figures walked down Route 16.

"Seriously, how long is this gonna take?" I groaned.