The Life of Leah Clearwater (...

By Thewordsofthephoenix

We wondered what had happened, once the Volturi were confronted. Well six years later, Leah, and Hunter are t... More

Introduction
Chapter 1 - I've made amends, well some at least.
Chapter 2 - If only you knew what I'd gone through.
Chapter 3 - A broken wrist, and blue lines.
Chapter 4 - Disappointment. Honesty, and what have I done?
Chapter 5 - No longer a threat.
Chapter 6 - Just a typical Sunday
Chapter 7 - Valentine's Day
Chapter 8 - We're living our lives. Nothing exciting.
Chapter 9 - Well I passed with a 4.0
Chapter 10 - Updates and nothing more
Chapter 11 - Volturri Dreams Baby Marry Me?
Chapter 12 - Impromptu wedding, and pregnancy
Chapter 13 - It's life. Just take the hand you're dealt.
Chapter 14 - A mouthful, and a handful of emotions.
Chapter 15 - Imprint isn't your typical relationship word.
Chapter 16 - Surprises aren't always a happy moment
Chapter 17 - Grapes are a girls best friend
Chapter 18 - So what's the plan?
Chapter 19 - Giggles, and thrills
Chapter 20 - Seattle and Romanians all in one weekend.
Chapter 21 - What doesn't Jake know?
Chapter 22 - Enough surprises.
Chapter 23 - Two Pink Lines
Chapter 24 - Thanksgiving dinner I'll pass.
Chapter 25 - 8 weeks and 2 days
Chapter 26 - It's called Hyperemesis Gravidarum.
Chapter 27 - I now pronounce you...
Chapter 28 - Marriage is a Pisa of Cake
Chapter 29 - Pisa is breathtaking in many ways.
Chapter 29B - All eyes on her Volturi on me
Chapter 30 - Amazing you confront the guard, but run upon seeing us.
Chapter 31 - Um... did she just?
Chapter 32 - Oh yeah... She did
Chapter 33 - Intrigue
Chapter 33B - Letters, visitors and hurt
Chapter 34 - Curiosity gets the better of enigma.
Chapter 35 - Ghosts and Revelations!!!
Chapter 36 - A shock, a slap, a little too much of that?
Chapter 37 - Fuzzy Electricity
Chapter 38 - Daydream
Chapter 39 - Nightmare
Chapter 40 - It's time
Chapter 41 - Delivery
Chapter 42 - Our first day home
Chapter 43 - Paris, France
Chapter 44 - Runaway Vampire
Chapter 45 - Being truthful is terrifying
Chapter 46 - Shots, and Panic
Chapter 48 - Turkeys in the oven, and in my family.
Chapter 49 - Black Friday, and Monday's Relief
Chapter 50 - Christmas Eve
Chapter 51 - Christmas Day
Chapter 52 - End of the old year
Chapter 53 - Fire and ashes
Chapter 54 - Looks like it, we can finally breathe.
Chapter 55 - It's for business. I'll be back soon.
Chapter 56 - Stay safe sweetheart.
Chapter 57 - Aro I'm declining your offer
Chapter 58 - Soul mates. When two souls, are perfect mates.
Chapter 59 - A shred of hope
Chapter 60 - The Final chapter to this book

Chapter 47 - Premptive "Happy" Halloween

247 10 2
By Thewordsofthephoenix

I pulled over to an empty parking space. I pulled out my phone, and dialed Emmett.

"Hey there mama wolf. What's up?" Emmett grinned.

"Can, can you, can you come to Port Angeles?" My voice was trembling. I was stuttering.

"Yeah. Where are you? Are you ok?" Emmett's usually casual voice was stern, with concern.

"I'm three blocks from my grocery store. I, I can't drive." I had my head against the steering wheel. My body was trembling. Sebastian was safe, and sound. He was asleep in his car seat.

"What happened? Are you ok?" He asked again.

"I had an anxiety attack or something. I saw this car accident unfold, in my head. I can't drive anymore. I have the car on so it's warm. The baby is asleep." I clutched my phone.

"Yeah, Edward, and I are on our way. See you soon." He hung up, and sat quietly.

Next I sent Hunter a text

"My brothers are coming to drive me home." I hit send

He replied within seconds, "Why? Is everything ok?"

I wrote back, "Had an anxiety attack. I will explain when you get home. We're ok. I'm just too shaky to drive."

He wrote back, "Alright. Go home. Get some rest, and have lunch. I will be home early. I don't have a last period class. I love you."

I smiled, and wrote back, "I love you too."

I dozed off in the car, with the doors locked. Emmett knocked on the glass. I unlocked the door, and stepped out. I hugged him tightly.

"Hey you're ok. You're both ok." Edward walked over, and looked in the back.

"He's still asleep. Let's get you both home." He smiled, and returned to his car.

Emmett opened my door for me, and I climbed in. He walked around, and climbed in. "Alright home we go." he grinned shifting the car into gear, and we were on our way.

"Trick or Treat?" A little minion is holding out their pumpkin pale to collect candy.

"Here you go sweetheart. Happy Halloween." I place the piece of candy in the bucket, then shut the door.

"How do humans eat this stuff?" Emmett is loud, and I roll my eyes.

"How do vampires eat this stuff?" I hold up Sebastian's stuffed animal of a bear.

Emmett gives me a devilish grin, "Easy. Here Mr. Bear. I have some honey for you."

I laugh, shaking my head.

"Oh that's such a lie. We tell the bears we have Eeyore, Rabbit, or Tigger." Edward smirked.

I just shake my head, "So why do I have my two brothers here babysitting me?" I sit down, curling up.

Emmett walked over, and sat down beside me, putting his arm around my shoulder, "Well, Hunter was taking care of some things at the book store. Plus total strangers knocking at your door. Plus earlier, just put you on the family radar."

Edward smiled, "Hunter didn't want you home completely alone. Just in case trick, or treaters came. If Sebastian needed you, once of us," Edward smirked, "primarily I could hand out candy."

The girls all decided to go out together. I wasn't in the mood. Renesmee, had gone to a party with Jacob on the reservation. Carlisle, and Esme had the house to themselves, and Jasper was away with some business to attend to.

"I could just shut off the porch light, and not pass out any candy." I smiled at my brothers.

"Five bucks you'd be eating it all by yourself." Emmett laughed.

I shook my head, "No I'm a Lindt Chocolate kind of girl."

Edward smiled, "Chocolate has changed over the years, but doesn't everything?"

That was the god honest truth.

The doorbell rang again, and this time, Sebastian started crying. I got up, and headed upstairs, while one of the guys answered the door.

"Honey I'm so sorry. I know shot's stink." I cradled Sebastian carefully. He'd had his shots today at his four month check up. I still hadn't felt good since the appointment. He moaned, and was so irritable. I was trying so hard.

"Why not let me hold him. You relax, and get some tea." Edward had come up quietly.

"Thank you. Can you give him some Motrin please?" I was tired. I hadn't slept the night before, and today was the icing on the cake. I kissed Sebastian's forehead, and went downstairs.

"Whoa you're a vampire. That's such a cool costume." Emmett's enthusiastic voice could be heard I would swear for miles. The door shut, and he came out to the kitchen.

I poured a glass of ginger ale. I didn't have patience for the tea tonight.

"Stomach upset?" Emmett nodded towards my glass.

"Yeah. After Sebastian had his shots, my stomach turned." Emmett grabbed some crackers from the cabinet, and handed them to me.

"Go put your feet up, and I will turn on the fire if you want?" He smiled.

"That would be great." I hugged him, and curled up on the couch.

Emmett flipped the switch for our new gas fireplace. It warmed the room quickly.

I set down the glass, and crackers. It wasn't going to work.

"You ok there?" Emmett turned looking at me. My stomach made this horrible groaning sound.

"Emmett, can you and Edward stay until Hunter's home?" I quickly got to my feet.

"Of course sis." He stood up, looking at me.

"I'm just feeling crummy. I'm going to lay down. You can watch what ever you want." I laid back down on the couch, and pulled the blanket off the back.

Emmett sat down, and flipped on some horror movie. I could see him watching me out of the corner of his eye.

I closed my eyes, and was able to fall asleep.

"He's back down. Is she ok?" Edward quietly walked in, and sat down.

"She looked like she might bolt, then laid down, and fell asleep." Emmett shifted.

Edward spoke softly, "She thought she was going to be sick."

Hunter arrived shortly after nine o'clock. "Hello there." He smiled walking into the living room, setting his keys down. "How was everything here?"

Edward smiled, "Good. Quite a few candy seekers. Sebastian had a little trouble."

Hunter nodded, "How's she doing?" He asked leaning over, and kissing my forehead.

"She wasn't feeling too good. Passed on dinner. I think she's overtired, plus today was quite hard." Edward spoke softly, and stood up. Emmett followed him.

"She was very upset after his appointment. She wouldn't put him in his car seat, until we were actually getting in the car." He sat down, carefully moving my feet.

"Well they're both asleep now. Have a good night. We'll see you this weekend hopefully?" Edward asked.

"May be a visit up here, if that's ok. She's really been working a lot, and it's caught up to her." Hunter suggested.

"We'll figure it out. See you later." Edward smiled.

Emmett grinned, "Behave you two." Then he slipped out the front door.

I stirred a little, "Mmm."

Hunter smiled, rubbing my thigh, "Hey babe. Want to go to bed?"

I nodded, sitting up. "Did my brothers leave?" I yawned, rubbing my eyes.

"About five minutes ago." Hunter took the blanket, and folded it up.

It is 6am, just got home with the girls, well were at the Cullen house, time to go back to an empty house. I refused to speak to him about my feelings, avoiding him ever since, I feel so drained, I have no idea which way to turn. After saying my goodbyes I begin the journey home. It is so peaceful and dark, just the way I like it. There is a brisque wind.

Fred waited on the porch. His heart broken. The girl he loved, had been avoiding him for several days now. He sighed, and held the flowers.

Walking up the driveway, I can tell he is there, I stop, I don't know what to do, I have never yet avoided a problem, until now and of course the whole running away thing, but in my defense it gave me time to gather my thoughts, somewhat.

He looked up smiling, "These are for you. Lilies, or Fleur De Lis. The meanings vary. I see it for

Hope

Faith

Birth

Purity

Renewal

Promise

Passion

Becoming

Innocence

Transitioning

These are all things you're going through. He handed her the Lillie's smiling.

I take the flowers carefully, smelling them they let off such a sweet scent, looking up at him, "Dad told you I suppose?" My voice is quiet.

Fred shrugged, "I've been where you've been. Running is an ability, and I use it at times still. Not since I've met you.

"So you've been spying on me?" I click my tongue, I need to keep calm, "you seriously want to know how I feel? And yes I know you feel lost because I have gone off on one."

Fred shook his head, "No not at all. I just could tell. It's weird recently, it's like I know what you're going to do." He looked concerned, and some what afraid. He couldn't lose the one person he loved.

I stamp my foot, "Damn everything," my hands start to shake, "I'm changing, I'm not prepared for it, I will feel pain, part of me says I'm fine, the other part of me says I'm having a nervous breakdown and if I don't come to terms with it, that will be the end, not to menion," growling, "the god killer element has partially activated," sitting on the porch, "What scares me more is having to let you all watch this happen, I'm falling and no-one but me can stop it." Tears are so close so I take a deep breath.

Fred walked over to her, and hugged her, "Watching is hard. Experiencing it, is even more difficult. Being there for my future wife, that is my pleasure, as well as my job. We'll be ok."

I hug him back tightly, "I'm breaking," wiping the tears away, "so Alice said you wanted to discuss something with me." I try hard to smile.

Fred smiled, "Everything breaks eventually, but then it's reborn. Yes I want to know when do you want to get married?"

"That's not a discussion," standing up, "right now I have no clue, I haven't even given it any thought," best tell him, "taking Leah and myself away for a few days, it will do us both good, I've ok'd it with Dr Martin." I stand there waiting for the answer.

Fred nodded, "Ara, would you rather remain free?"

I take a few steps back, "What?" Anger is stirring and I can't stop it.

Fred looks concerned, "I just worry. You tell me your changing, and you've been ok your own for almost 600 years."

"Because I thought that's how I would always be, this change could make you change your mind also," grabbing my car keys, "I wouldn't have said yes if I wasn't willing to go forward," I take the ring off and plant it in his hand, "go tend to the business it needs you,hope it makes you happy, right now we're both screwed, I always wished for someone to hold me, you were that one person," getting in the car, "when you get chance listen to demons by Imagine dragons and Of the night by Bastille." Revving the engine, "I've never felt so destroyed in my entire life."

Fred blurred quickly getting into the passengers side, "Stop and just listen. Jesus Christ." Fred never swore, I mean never. He looked at Ara, and if Fred could cry, he would be, "For starters, "I will stay with you, if you grow old and die; or if you lived forever." Fred put the ring back on her finger, "As for the business, I'm all done. I just had to get it started. Now I'm home." He looked at her. He picked up her phone, and looked up a song. "Here. To show I'm true to you." Fort Atlantic took over the car stereo.

All my days are spent

All my cards are dealt

Oh the desolation grows

Every inch revealed

As my heart is pierced

Oh my soul is now exposed

In the ocean deep

In the canyons steep

Walls of granite here I stand

All my desperate calls

Echo off the walls

Back and forth

Then back again

To believe I walk alone

Is a lie that I've been told

So let your heart hold fast

For this soon shall pass

Like the high tide takes the sand

At the bitter end

Salt and liquid blend

From the corner of my eye

All the miles wrecked

Every broken step

Always searching always blind

Never fear, No Never fear

So let your heart hold fast

For this soon shall pass

There's another hill ahead

He kissed her softly, and stepped out of the car. The decision was hers.

I listened to every word the song offered me, I look at him longingly, I'm in such a hard place, turning the engine off, I find a CD and put on Demons by imagine dragons -

When the days are cold

And the cards all fold

And the saints we see

Are all made of gold

When your dreams all fail

And the ones we hail

Are the worst of all

And the blood's run stale

I wanna hide the truth

I wanna shelter you

But with the beast inside

There's nowhere we can hide

No matter what we breed

We still are made of greed

This is my kingdom come

When you feel my heat

Look into my eyes

It's where my demons hide

Don't get too close

It's dark inside

It's where my demons hide

At the curtain's call

It's the last of all

When the lights fade out

All the sinners crawl

So they dug your grave

And the masquerade

Will come calling out

At the mess you made

Don't wanna let you down

But I am hell bound

Though this is all for you

Don't wanna hide the truth

No matter what we breed

We still are made of greed

This is my kingdom come

When you feel my heat

Look into my eyes

It's where my demons hide

Don't get too close

It's dark inside

It's where my demons hide

They say it's what you make

I say it's up to fate

It's woven in my soul

I need to let you go

Your eyes, they shine so bright

I wanna save that light

I can't escape this now

Unless you show me how

When you feel my heat

Look into my eyes

It's where my demons hide

Don't get too close

It's dark inside

It's where my demons hide

I open the car door and step out letting the music spread, "dance with me." I whisper softly in his ear.

He walked over, carefully lifting her up, and started dancing with her.

"So, our first major bust up," I yawn, "wow," I press my lips against his.

He kissed her back, with feverish passion. "I don't fight. I just stay quiet, and let people blow off."

"I blow like a volcano, habit I guess, I couldn't bare driving off, I revved the engine out of fury," I touch his cheek softly, "take me to bed." My eyes showed longing, passion and acceptance, he was here to stay, forever, how ever long that maybe. My little demon stayed quiet, good.

Fred looked at her, nervously. This was his first love. His first crush. His first of many kisses with Ara. He was a virgin to every aspect of a romantic relationship.

I look at him, yep he's nervous just as I am, "Okay, take me to bed," I look at him, "not like that, you look too nervous, we can discuss when this wedding should be held? Guests, all that dreamy stuff." I kiss him on the lips.

He smiled, laughing nervously. "I just want you to know its with love that I'd do anything. If I'm intimate with you, I want to worship you. If you want to, I'm slow at this. I want to learn you, and your body." He smiled a genuine smile, not like the ones Ara had received from other men.

"And with love I have to say, I'm just as nervy as you, my first love, my only love, no other can match up to you, never," smiling a bright smile, "let's work on the worship thing, hey we've got forever so time is of no issue," I whisper, "I didn't know what love felt like, the boyfriend girlfriend thing, until I saw you," I snuggle into his neck, "I love you with everything I have, I want to make you happy, pick you up when you're down," I'm starting to fight the draw of sleep, "forever."

I remember all the smiles guys had given me since moving here, none were geniune, all were lustful.

He held her tightly. "Let's get you into some pajamas. I don't sleep, but I will hold you all night." He kissed her deeply.

"Can't argue with that, sleep is new for me, very odd," smiling, "and I will stay with you forever." I kiss him on the cheek.

Fred smiled carrying Ara, and scooped up her flowers, and headed inside.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

386 4 21
Jasmine knows all about the vampire world.. she doesn't wanna follow in her father's foot steps. She loves her dad but she fights with him verbally o...
128K 3K 21
This story happens 2 year's after Renesmee's birth, therefore she appears to be a 12 year old. The battle with the Volturi may be over, but will a ne...
42.4K 621 41
Life After Twilight Renesmee is all grown Up In love with Jacob Black Her two friends by her side Seth Clearwater finds an Imprint do they still face...
12.2K 448 15
There's something about small towns where secrets are hard to keep, but the Cullen's have always been the exception. When Alec Kade and her family m...