Renovatio

By scolric

We have died. In a previous image. When we were completely unaware Of the self-known as "I". We had abandon... More

Foreword
Part 1
Part 1
Part 1
Part 1
Part 1
Part 1
Part 1
Part 1
Part 1
Part 1
Part 1
The Metamorphoses
Part 2
Part 2
Part 2
Part 2
Part 2
Part 2
Part 2
Part 2
Part 2
Part 2
Part 2
Part 2
Part 2
Part 2
Part 2
Part 2
Part 2
Part 2
Part 2
Part 2
Part 2
Part 2
Part 2
Part 2
Part 2
Part 2
Part 2
Part 2
Part 2
Part 2
Part 2
Part 2
Part 2
Part 2
Part 2
Part 2
Part 2

Part 2

237 23 4
By scolric

"Close the door behind you boy," said Elder Dupont as they left the common room.

"If I may ask Sir," E'dawn hurried up to him, "Where are we going?"

"To the Eastern quarters," he smiled, "The Library is situated there."

"Oh..." E'dawn's face turned, "I've not been there before."

"Yes well, it's not the first place we send our novices," smirked Elder Dupont, "Come, we can talk in private there and I can show you some books," he continued, "Though it's open to the public, it's not usually busy."

"I see," said E'dawn as he followed him through the halls.

Placing an arm around her shoulder, Lisa hugged her softly, "What's on you're mind," she whispered.

"Many things," Jisoo replied quietly. They were standing outside on a higher balcony off a section of the Royal Courts. A group dressed in red, strolled passed. Some catching a glimpse of the princess, calling the Spirit of Meta, as they waved to her. Lisa looked at them dubiously.

"You shouldn't scowl," said Jisoo as she smiled and waved, "It will age you quicker."

"It's because of that some in the military think you are planning a revolt," whispered Lisa.

"What if I am?" Jisoo smirked as she crossed her arms

"But you are not," said Lisa as she faced forward, both looking out to the city now.

Jisoo's mouth turned sadly as her eyes roamed around, "Let them think what they want," she said scornfully, "This city will one day be mine. Just like my mother intended."

Lisa peered at her, "And what is it you intend Chu?" she shifted closer to her, their arms grazing, "Is this what you want?" she whispered.

"Yes," said Jisoo.

"Is that true?" Lisa stared at her intently.

"It must be," said Jisoo.

"So never have you wished for another life? One away from all these responsibilities," Lisa waved to the city, then turned to her, face serious, "Away from your parents' burdens?"

Jisoo smiled in a way that made the breeze cooler, "Is this where you purpose, we run away?"

"Perhaps," sighed Lisa.

"Where would we run to?"

"It doesn't matter, as long as it's away," Lisa's voice...sounded hopeless.

"Away from what Lali?"

"From whatever is coming..." Lisa knew she made no sense. But there was also something inside of her. Urging her, to run as far away as possible. Jisoo turned, admired her for some seconds. Lisa's beauty was a sharp sort of gentle. She grabbed her hand and leaned down.

"I'll protect us," she whispered between the kiss, "So don't carry so much worry in your heart," she stroked Lisa's hair then kissed the top of her head, "I'll bring peace to our land. I'll make a heaven on earth. Entirely for you," she lifted Lisa's chin, they stared deeply, "Just...don't leave me."

"I would never," whispered Lisa and Jisoo smiled genuinely as she pulled her into a warm hug.

She was met by a delicious smell when she stepped inside the hut. Confused, she headed to the kitchen, and found Jennie taking out the pudding from the oven. Placing it on the table, she blew over it gently. On the second flap of the cloth, she felt the eyes on her. Looking up, she revealed her gums and walked over to her.

"You're home," she whispered as she threw her arms around Chae's neck.

"And so, are you," said Chae and captured her lips, "What is all this?" she asked hugging her.

Jennie's shoulders shook excitedly, "It's for you baby," she grabbed Chae's hand.

"Me?"

"Mmmm," hummed the brunette as she used the cloth and picked up the pudding. Leading her to the back, Chae gasped as she saw their back yard. There was a table set with food, the garden brightly filled with red and white roses. Moreover, there was a large roped hammock between two of their trees. She ran over to it gleefully.

"Woah this is so cool!" she jumped on it and it swung, the trees creaking. Jennie laughed as she walked to her.

"I'm glad you like it, Kat helped me out," she said as she smiled at her. Chae looked across the yard, her eyes landing on Jennie, whose own was glowing at her.

"This is amazing Jen."

"You're amazing," came a reply and Jennie kissed her gently, "I love you baby," she continued and kissed her deeper.

Moaning at her sweetness, Chae pouted as they separated. Chuckling Jennie gave her a peck then guided her back towards the table, "Let's eat baby, we can come swing afterward."

"Okay," smiled Chae heart filling with more love at the effort the brunette had put in.

Covering their mouths, Bella was the first to step inside of Eon's chambers. Clive and Chaerin followed behind her, the stench of alcohol all-consuming. Shaking him roughly, Bella saw that Eon was not stirring. Throwing the sheets off him, they saw his chest rising.

"Well, he's still breathing."

"This is disgusting," said Chaerin. Clive shook his head as Eon turned in his sleep, kicking some bottles off the bed.

"He's in no condition to attend the funeral," Chaerin looked at them.

"Let alone a public announcement, "said Clive, "I wonder what he is thinking."

"Well, we won't find out with him like this. Perhaps we can return later? Ask what it might be."

"I doubt he'll tell us," said Clive as he glanced at the guards. The three sighed collectively, looking at their friend pitifully and decided to try again when he was sober.

Jennie giggled as Chae piled her plate with more food. She'd just finished her second bowl of pudding. Pouring herself another glass of juice, she picked a white rose from the vase. Tearing off the bud, she placed it on Chae's ear, who was focused on her food.

Tucking the hair back in place, Jennie giggled, "You know I could become your wife just like this," she kissed Chae's cheek, "You look so adorable."

Turning to her, Chae pecked her lips, "No way, you're going to get two wonderful ceremonies," she kissed her again, a little more meaningful, "Do you know how lucky I am? Getting to make you mine twice in one go."

Jennie grinned, "Oh really?" her eyebrow rose.

"Yeah, I've been thinking about it," smiled Chae, "It's rare to get to see the most beautiful woman I know in a communion dress. Yet I get to see it twice," Chae's heart beat happily as she felt Jennie smile into another kiss, "And on top of that," she continued, "She's going to be walking towards me," Chae smile as Jennie giggled into the flutter of kisses, "Be my wife. Did you and Lisa find anything you like?"

Jennie shook her head as she fixed the rose in Chae's hair, "Not yet. Her father offered their wine farm estate just behind the Royal gardens."

"Ah that's actually a good choice, and it's connected to the gardens? We can take a walk after the ceremony to one of our first spots. Maybe let Zaza out her cage," smiled Chae.

Jennie laughed, "Imagine if she started running? That would make the day even better."

"Then I better start praying to Ina/Anna," Chae clasped her hands and Jennie laughed.

"Zaza doesn't need prayers," she pouted.

"You're right," said Chae, "She needs an intervention. She's beyond fat."

Jennie wacked Chae's shoulder, "How dare you call Zaza fat."

"She is," laughed Chae, "There's no way she's running at either ceremony. Unless we introduce her to another rabbit," Chae clicked her fingers, "Actually that's it! Let's introduce her to another rabbit, that way she can lose weight while having fun."

"Zaza has class Chae. She isn't just going to jump onto any old rabbino we chuck in her cage," grumbled Jennie.

"Zaza has a fat ass Jen," whispered Chae.

"Since when have you complained about that?" smirked the brunette and Chae chuckled. Setting down her utensils, she stood and picked Jennie up. Slapping Jennie's butt cheek, she enjoyed the little yelp that came from her. She placed Jennie down on her lap and kissed her cheek.

"My baby's ass is nice and thick, just the way I like it," whispered Chae in her ear as she patted her buttcheek, "However," she smirked, "Zaza's ass is a no-no. And maybe jumping on a random rabbino is exactly the type of exercise she needs."

Throwing her arms around her, Jennie let out a bright laugh, "Stop," she pouted, "You know she's going to be moving in here soon."

"If she does, then I'm going to eat her," Jennie's mouth dropped, but in a way that showed emerging laugh lines.

"You wouldn't!" she smiled.

"I certainly would," Chae pulled her closer, "Unless she loses the weight."

"Liar," whispered Jennie against her lips.

Chae tried pulling her in but she moved back, making her grin, "Watch...I'll make a fire right here, and cook her in her own fat juices," Jennie placed both her arms around her neck.

"You're going to take care of her," she whispered, "Because you love me," she licked the slit between Chae's lips, "And I love Zaza and we both know you do too."

Standing she lifted Jennie in her arms. The brunette wrapped her legs around her, allowing Chae to have another smack and squeeze. Jennie giggled, shyly ducking her head into the crook of the taller woman's neck but tightening her legs too. Smirking at the feel of Jennie's lips against her skin, Chae held onto her as she walked them to the hammock, whispering sweetly, "That is true baby, and do you know what else? It's cuddles and kisses time."

As the monk led them through the racks of books, Jaehyun continued to ask him questions. They walked further down the building, hitting a lower floor as the monk spoke in a monotone voice. Dahyun had drowned them out, amazed by the vast number of books this one section of the monastery housed. As they passed another rack, she saw a cut of bright blonde hair. A shade that made her stop. Eyes narrowing, she whispered for the other two to return.

When they did the monk that guided them stared on blankly, while Jaehyun was in complete confusion.

"That's Elder Dupont and novice Duncan," started the monk."

"Duncan?" Jaehyun's confusion turned to Dahyun's bafflement.

"Ah yes, he recently joined the ranks, Elder Dupont struck a quick affinity to him. Anyway, what you're looking for is this way," the monk began walking again. Glancing at one another, they hesitantly turned around and followed him.

Leaning closer, E'dawn saw Elder Dupont's fingers flatten the sheet. It was brown and crinkles on every fold. The Elder had asked him to also fetch a book, whose spines were no longer there. It had come in a plastic cover.

"What is this?" E'dawn's eyes traveled across the contours.

"A very old map," said Elder Dupont, "In fact, most likely the oldest."

E'dawn took in the vast shape, the landmass spanning across the whole page, "Where is this?"

"This is Agara," he pointed towards a shape E'dawn didn't recognise. But as he outlined it, he saw that in fact, it was Agara. But attached to it was far larger pieces of land below and beneath it.

"Did the land split that drastically?"

"Yes," nodded Elder Dupont, "But it wasn't naturally done."

"Magi-energy?"

"Yes and no," continued Elder Dupont, "The stories vary of what it may have been, but there is one consistency in them all," he gestured for E'dawn to open the book. He paged through until Elder Dupont told him to stop. As his fingers flicked through the pages, he saw pictures as well.

"Is this..."

"A fairy-tale book but also a historical document," said Elder Dupont, "This story," he pointed, "I believe, and many others, explains the rifts that cause this," his finger returned to the map, "But the tale documented here is only a snippet. Barely an introduction."

"Then how can you make the connections? I don't understand," E'dawn's eyes were expectant.

"Because," Elder Dupont's smile was feint as he pointed to the book, "There's documentation of their existence. Even my great-great grandfather met them," E'dawn's face scrunched.

"But you said this map is very old? How old is it?"

"Before the way we understand time as it works now."

"Huh?" Elder Dupont chuckled at E'dawn's face.

"I don't expect you to understand boy," his fingers ran along the crinkles of the page, "Often I don't either," he folded the map, "Why don't you read it to me," he turned to E'dawn.

"Yo-you'd like me to Sir?"

"Yes," nodded Elder Dupont.

Eyes flickering, E'dawn turned to the book. Settling in his seat, brought he picked up the book and begun, "The Princess and The Angel of Death by Jung Yoon Oh..."

Jennie covered her mouth, but it didn't stifle her snort. Chae giggled openly, their bodies entangled and swinging gently.

"It has a ring to it, don't you think?" Chae squeezed the brunette's shoulder.

"There is no way we are naming our child Fungi," Jennie laughed.

"Yeah well, we're going to have more than one, so..." Chae pursed her lips.

"No baby, you're not going to trick me," she pinched Chae's side who giggled, "None of our children are going to be named that."

"But it would be so funny. Okay, how about Shrooma or Shroom or Silo? Cybin?"

Jennie kissed her as she smiled, "What you need to do is stop thinking of names while you and Kat are smoking those mushrooms."

Chae laughed, "Okay, give me some moments. I'll come up with something," she wiggled their noses together, "What about you baby? Thought of any?"

"Well if we're being funny then maybe Avocado," Chae's face pulled.

"I rebuke it!" she said, making Jennie laugh again.

"Okay well," she stared off, a smile on her face, "If our first is a girl then Amina, if a boy then maybe Omari," she looked at Chae, smile fully there now, "They come from one of my favourite tales my mother used to read us. I always liked it."

Lifting her chin, Chae placed a soft kiss on her cheek, "I like those too," she whispered, "What do they mean?"

"Amina means trustworthy and Omari highest," Jennie shook her head, "I may be wrong, but they're beautiful names don't you think?"

"They are," said Chae, "Much like the children who'll own them and the mother who'll bear them," Jennie smiled cutely.

"Do you think I'll be the one to bear the children?" Chae nodded and Jennie hugged her closer, "....me too..." she whispered.

"I've always liked Suleiman if it's a boy, and Zola if it's a girl," revealed Chae as she turned to Jennie, "They're both associated with peace or peaceful. I hope when they grow up, that is exactly how the times would be."

Jennie caressed her cheek, "It will baby, and I like those too," she sighed happily has they swung, the sky was darkening, "I also really like the name Roxana," smiled Jennie as she trailed a finger over Chae's stomach.

"But if I'm being serious," grinned the pink-haired woman, "Shrooma is still a good choice," she laughed as Jennie punched her lightly, "I'm kidding you," laughed Chae as she got Jennie to stop.

"You better be," grinned Jennie as she snuck in a quick peck before they settled into a soft silence, as the swung between the trees.

Casting a spell as she closed the door, Hyuna gave Taehyung a rumpled smile as she led him to the common rooms. Kai stared at the door, then turned to YG, who stood up to sit closer to him.

"So?" YG stared at him.

"It's going well," said Kai, "Except," he sighed, "Some of her Council might need further convincing."

"How long do you think that will take?"

Kai shrugged and YG clicked his tongue, "We need answers."

"I am doing my best," said Kai, "Moreover, I follow the orders given to me by Meta," he pointed to his head and pulled out the cloth rubbing it over his face, "I act according to his will."

YG restrained himself, urging his hand not to act, "How do you expect us to follow that same will if we do not know anything."

"I've given you plenty of information," said Kai.

"We need more," emphasised YG, "What of Park Chaeyoung?"

Kai's eyes pierced. He didn't like the way YG kept insisting. Particularly when it came to that monster. The Spirit of Meta had been clear, there could be no peace if that girl was still alive. But it was his and the rebellions job to ensure it is done in a way that will not affect the princess or her Council. Too much.

"There's nothing to say," YG leaned back, "We must focus on princess Jisoo," continued Kai, "The Spirit of Meta is our salvation and the princess is its vessel. If eternal peace is what we seek, then she must be our center."

"I am aware of this," said YG as he stood up, "It is just...best to understand who our enemy is."

"You have far too much interest in said enemy for my liking," said Kai, "Besides, why weren't the rest here?"

YG's jaw tensed, "As I said, they have other arrangements."

Kai shook his head, "Taehyung has seen only you and if he talks there might a misrepresentation of a hierarchy within the rebellion leadership. That will not bode well," said Kai, "Once Jisoo takes the throne we must be unified under the guidance of Meta."

"I see this role of a divine priest is suiting you very well," chuckled YG, "Alright, However, I was wondering...is there any possibility that we may take Park Chaeyoung...alive...for research purposes."

Kai's eyes burned, "Ofcourse not! If we do, then this hell all the people of this land have been subjugated to will not end. Along with others like her," he got up close to YG, studied his face, "Have you forgotten what we all swore to?" he whispered.

"No, I have not," YG stepped back from him, "I know what we must do," Kai stared as he left the room, unable to shake the feeling that he had been looking into the eyes of a different man.

Kissing the side of her neck, Jennie wrapped a leg over Chae's thighs, "Baby," she whispered.

"Mmmm?"

"Are you going to re-join the military, after the ceasefire I mean?"

Chae breathed out, the stars were appearing in the sky, "I haven't really thought about it."

"Well, I was just wondering," continued Jennie, "With Jaehyun having left to help Uncle Devlin with this project for the village. And numbers increasing, I thought you might want to stay and help."

Mouth falling a little open, Chae placed her hand on Jennie's which rested on her stomach. It twined, tightly, "Can I tell you something?" she looked at her and saw only care, "I...hate fighting," her heart skipped a beat as the words continued, "And at times I love it."

Jennie saw her face shift, slightly darker, "Sometimes...no all the time...when I'm placed in a position where I need to take the lead, make big decisions. My stomach," she gripped Jennie's hand, "It boils, twists," Chae laughed, "Sometimes it feels like a fire is being lit inside of it."

"On one end, it repulses me, and that feeling reflects it. But then on the other, it's like I'm being awoken from a deep slumber, and it excites me to no end," Chae's eyes lowered and stuck her tongue against her cheek, "I don't know which feeling scares me more...disgusts me more."

"Baby," Jennie placed a tender kiss on her cheek, "Every soldier experiences some form of anxiety. Especially within the battle zone. What you're feeling, is a sign of how difficult the entire ordeal of battle is for you."

"Then why do I often feel a sense of desire...even lust to be apart of the violence. Jen, when Taemin came that day, asking my help, I" she gulped, "I didn't show it but inside I was flaming with joy. Here was another opportunity for me to...play," it didn't sound right, and she frowned in distaste because it didn't sit right with her either, "I'm not meant to enjoy killing people."

"And you don't baby," Jennie grabbed hold of her, turning her face to her, "You're the most caring person I know. Always putting others first, no matter how much it hurts you," she kissed her, "Don't doubt your humaneness, Chae. Trust it, like you always have."

The taller woman curled her closer, the hug feeling like everything she needed, "I'm trying baby, I really am."

"I know," whispered Jennie, "And I'm so proud of you. We all are. And I'm so excited for the day when you get to share all your strength, kindness and patience with our children. I love you Chae and I have faith in every decision you make," Jennie held onto her with all her heart.

And Chae felt every tremor of it, "Thank you Jen, for being the...only one," whispered Chae arms tightening, "I love you too. Always, even passed my dying breath." 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

23.3K 1.1K 36
You think you know the story. Just never told like this before. Copyright Disclaimer: I hereby state that I do not own any of the characters being us...
286K 9.9K 17
Jennie is about to get married in a month as excitement washes all over her mind and body like other brides should have. She spreads the news to eve...
388K 13.4K 45
A story about two souls bound to their past. One without a heart, and one without a soul. What if fate decides to bind them twice? What if their pas...
49.9K 1.3K 16
In the darkest corner of Seoul laid the worn out Luxury Ten theater. It was still running but only the lowest of the low went to hang out there. Gang...