Renovatio

By scolric

We have died. In a previous image. When we were completely unaware Of the self-known as "I". We had abandon... More

Foreword
Part 1
Part 1
Part 1
Part 1
Part 1
Part 1
Part 1
Part 1
Part 1
Part 1
Part 1
The Metamorphoses
Part 2
Part 2
Part 2
Part 2
Part 2
Part 2
Part 2
Part 2
Part 2
Part 2
Part 2
Part 2
Part 2
Part 2
Part 2
Part 2
Part 2
Part 2
Part 2
Part 2
Part 2
Part 2
Part 2
Part 2
Part 2
Part 2
Part 2
Part 2
Part 2
Part 2
Part 2
Part 2
Part 2
Part 2
Part 2
Part 2
Part 2

Part 2

243 23 0
By scolric

"Oh, baby look! The sun is setting," but Jennie looked into Chae's eyes instead, the beams of the light reflecting in them. Glancing down, Chae grinned then gently turned her face towards the orange sky. Jennie puckered her lips, making Chae squeeze her cheeks further.

"Lemomaby," mumbled Jennie and Chae burst out laughing. Some of the other guests turned to them, and as Chae bent forward Jennie swatted her lightly.

"It's not that funny," she said.

"It is," laughed Chae. Controlling herself she smiled and returned her arm around the brunette's shoulder, who was now holding up some food for her, "Thank you," she said and gobbled it up.

Nodding Jennie placed some in her own mouth and took a moment to gaze at the sunset. The main path was fuller now, many people with their families. The sky glimmered above, spatters of dark blue coming into view. Her eyes lowered slightly.

"Baby uhm, today," she felt Chae pull her closer, "We pledged an oath to Jisoo. Confirming my loyalty to her and her future reign."

"Okay..." Chae's face was thoughtful, "It's long overdue actually," she continued, "How do you feel about it?"

"We've made small promises here and there but now Jisoo is taking her position seriously." Chae kissed her cheek, "It got me thinking," Jennie continued, "I know we've spoken about it before but when I take over my mother's position, I'll be expected in the court quite often."

"That's true," said Chae, "And you're going to be the absolute best, even better than your mother."

"Stop," Jennie nudged her playfully, "Baby" her voice softer, "There are going to be more times than I would like that I won't be at home. And I know you and Chu don't really get along," understatement came a voice in her head, but Jennie shrugged it away, "So I just want to make sure, are you okay with it? I don't know how it will go but we might have to change some of our plans when it happens."

She looked at Chae who seemed thoughtful, "If you have any reservations then I won't do it," Jennie smiled and caressed her cheek, "You come first baby, if you feel I shouldn't do it, then I'll go to Chu and let them know."

Jennie's heart was thudding. She'd been working non-stop to finally become the Commander of the Royal military. It had been a lifelong pursuit, for all three of them, to be together and rule the kingdom as best as they could. However, Chae...was someone she couldn't learn living without. And her dream was something she could learn to do that with.

Chae placed a gentle kiss on her lips. There were many times in the past where she wanted to be selfish. Have Jennie all for herself. But she also knew that in the end, that would make the brunette filled with resentment. And quite frankly, she wanted to be there as Jennie fulfilled all her dreams. No matter who or where she had to share that stage with.

"Baby," she gave her another kiss, "You're going to be the Royal Commander," two more kisses, "AND my wife," she squeezed Jennie's waist, "I don't want you to give up one of you're dreams for me Jen. No matter how hard it will be, you can have it all. And I'm going to be there every step of the way. Okay?"

Jennie nodded giddily, "Okay Chae," they hugged, and she giggled as she felt soft nibbles on her neck, "Chae, not here," she pulled her back.

"I know, I know," Chae pouted innocently. Jennie whisked away a strand of pink hair.

"YOH LOVE BIRDS!" Chungha crashed down across them. A woman in a white dress walked up behind her, as she looked at her a pain etched in her head. Meanwhile, Chae held out a hand to the woman.

"Hi, my name is Jean," said the woman as Chae shook her hand.

"Nice to meet you," she sat down next to Chungha. Jennie drank some water, with each sip the pain ebbed away.

"This was the new androgyne I was talking about," continued Chungha as Jennie re-joined the conversation.

"Aaah," said Chae, "Well it's a pleasure, Chungha has spoken very highly of you," she smiled.

Jean's eyes lit up, "I'm glad. I-I'm honoured to have the chance to speak to you," she looked at Chae shyly, "I've heard nothing but wonderful things of you. And when I heard you were back in the village, I-I had to coerce Chungha into introducing us."

Chae laughed, "You're too sweet. I'm honestly nothing special."

"That can't be true," Jean shook her head, "Then you wouldn't have one of the capital's rising stars ready to be your wife."

Chae looked at Jennie a smile of love reflecting in her eyes, "You know," the smile lowered onto her lips, "I think you might have a point."

She kissed Jennie's temple, sensing the brunette wasn't comfortable, "Anyway we must go," she said guiding Jennie with her as she stood.

"Aww but we just got here," whined Chungha. Jean made eye-contact with Jennie who gave her a shallow smile.

"Sorry but it's been a long day," said Chae as she gripped Jennie's hand, "How about we make plans for some other time."

"Cool cool," said Chungha, "Bye Jen," she waved, and Jennie blew her a kiss and gave Jean a short bow.

The evening air was cool, and music played between various vendors. Chae pulled Jennie closer to her and kissed the top of her head. In turn, the brunette hugged her fiancé's waist possessively.

"I don't like her," said Jennie.

Chae chuckled, "You weren't hiding it either."

"Do you like her?"

"I just met her."

"So?"

"Mmm?"

"Do you like her?"

"Jen..."

"You do."

"I don't know her."

"You said she was sweet."

"I said she was being sweet."

"Same thing."

"No, it's not."

"Yes, it is."

"I disagree."

"She was giving you heart eyes."

"And I was giving YOU heart eyes."

"You still called her sweet."

"Maybe she is," Chae waved her free hand as they reached their hut, "You shouldn't judge someone on the first meeting."

"I'm not," said Jennie as they made their way inside, "It's just...I know."

Chae's face turned in perplexity, "Huh? Have you met her before?"

Something in Jennie was telling her exactly that and she didn't like it. Not one bit.

"No, I haven't," she said tentatively, "But just..." Jennie pouted not sure how to say what she was feeling. Chae sighed, hands on her hips as she walked over to her.

"Jen," she twirled a brunette lock, "You're gorgeous when you pout like that," she whispered.

Her lips unintentionally jutted out further, "You're distracting me."

Chae grinned naughtily, "So," she placed both hands on Jennie's cheeks and kissed her slowly.

"Why," Jennie pecked her, "Are you," she bit Chae's bottom lip, "So," she snaked her fingers up her back, "Cute," giggling Chae wrapped her arms around her.

"You're the only one who thinks that."

Jennie's hair shook, "You'd be surprised," her arms around a slim neck, "You could have a whole harem if you wanted."

"Is that why you gave Jean the stink-eye?"

"Yes, and other reasons," Jennie frowned and Chae laughed.

"There's honestly nothing to worry about Jen," she let her go, "Now would you like some tea or coffee before we go to bed?"

"Coffee please," and Chae nodded as she went to the kitchen. Turning around and walking towards the bedroom, Jennie still felt uneasy and the pain from earlier returned.

The room was quiet except for their soft breaths. Lisa blinked slowly, the dark forming odd shapes in front of her. Somin traced a circle over her chest as they held onto each other.

"You know...you have very sad eyes," said Somin.

Lisa smiled to herself, "I know someone whose eyes are even sadder than mine."

Somin's fingers paused, "Mmm I doubt it."

Lisa shifted and the two were facing each other now, "It's true, she's..." Somin saw her eyes flicker.

"Do you know her?"

"Not as much as I would like?"

"Why don't you speak to her then?"

"I can't"

"Why not?"

They were silent for some moments, Somin's eyes boring into her. Even the dark couldn't hide her, and Lisa did not enjoy it. She looked away, needing the sheets beneath them to distract her.

"I can't."

Somin's fingers were gentle on her skin. It made Lisa close her eyes, "Alright...I won't force you to tell me. But know that you can."

"Thank you," she whispered and felt Somin give her a soft kiss.

"You're tired," Somin cuddled into her, "I think we should get some sleep."

"I think so too," she leaned forward, eyes asking permission and with a smile Somin met her halfway.

Some days had passed, yet the mourning bells were still ringing. E'dawn looked across the gardens, bright purple and pink petals blossoming. The breeze was fresh, making the greens of the cut shrubs shake. Elder Dupont's brush strokes were clean, the image they filled refined.

"Beautiful isn't it," said the old man.

"Certainly," said E'dawn and returned to his own painting.

"This villa, it used to be a fortress in my grandfather's childhood days," said the Elder.

"How so?" E'dawn's eyes moved around, "It doesn't look defensive."

Elder Dupont smiled, "Modifications have been made. Whenever my grandfather spoke of those times, his eyes would wander, lost and broken," E'dawn wondered if it was like how the Elder's own eyes looked.

Elder Bulvar and Elder Ruraan walked towards them, small smiles on their lips. They stopped before them, admiring the paintings.

"My William you're work has certainly improved since the arrival of Duncan," said Elder Ruraan as he bowed to E'dawn, his blonde moustache curling further.

"Aah I must agree," said Elder Bulvar, "Perhaps you may share your inspiration?"

"Other than talks of my deceased grandfather," laughed Elder Dupont, "But thank you for the kind words."

"Oh yes the Great Danté Dupont," smiled Elder Ruraan, "Did you know Duncan, that Elder Dupont's Great-Great Grandfather had a glorious duel here."

"Oh yes, I remember that tale," said Elder Bulvar, "We were taught it back in our youth when war was ferocious. Much like our current times."

"If not more so," added Elder Dupont, "Anyway gentlemen, we must return to our duties."

"And so, must we," bowed Elder Bulvar.

"Have a wonderful day further," said Elder Ruraan.

"You as well Elders," bowed E'dawn and watched the two walk off. He turned back to Elder Dupont, "Sir, it seems that you come from a far more distinguished family than I first assumed," he smiled.

"Distinguished..." Elder Dupont looked off again, "Aah yes, for many we are so considered. But I myself...see us nothing other than vagabonds, who partook in stealing this land away from those who were here first."

He looked at E'dawn, "Our family has had a long line of nobility, close companions of the Travern Dynasty," he stepped off his chair E'dawn jumping to help him, "Of which the Park branch holds current reign. However, that too was out of debauchery, fit for which the Travern family line has been known for."

He shuffled over, pointing for E'dawn to pack up the brushes. He did so quickly, while the old man took hold of their paintings. Hurrying over to him, they began to walk slowly to the common rooms.

"I'm not familiar with these histories Sir," said E'dawn as he hurried to catch up with him.

"Not many are, dear boy," gruffed Elder Dupont, "So many tales have passed through generations of mouths, that the truth is difficult to decipher."

"Yet I get the impression that Sir is speaking from experience."

"That I am," nodded Elder Dupont, "The Travern Dynasty much like many noble families were so engrained in their preposterous practices that it drove many of their branches to madness."

"In-breeding, drinking the blood of virgins to keep their youth, human sacrifices to the god above and Mother Nature," Elder Dupont shook his head, "And then they had the nerve to call the forest folk spawns of darkness."

E'dawn's eyes widened, "That sounds...quite inappropriate Sir."

Elder Dupont burst out in laughter, "What a polite way of putting it child!" E'dawn ducked his head shyly, "There have been some very horrendous periods for Agara. Some so dark I do not want to speak of. My own tales pale in comparison to that of my father and his father and his."

E'dawn gulped, "Is that why...so many branches of the royals have been taken over by madness."

"Every family in every province can speak of madness boy. Everyone's affected by it in some manner. However," he stopped walking, face turning, "when it comes to the ills of the Traverns and their various branches, along with noble families such as myself," he shuddered.

"What is it Sir?" E'dawn eyes were filled with concern.

"I'll tell you later, we must not speak of such things in the open. Then again...the walls have ears here as well," Elder Dupont looked towards the common rooms.

"Elder Dupont?" E'dawn tapped his arm and the old man stirred.

"We'll talk later, come, let us pack these away," he stated and E'dawn followed with a belated nod.

Jennie smiled as Kat walked out to the back garden of the hut. She returned to the kitchen and continued dicing the carrots. The stew was going well, and the rice had just finished cooking. Walking over to the oven she saw that the mango pudding was going well. Dipping a spoon in the stew she nodded happily.

"KAT LET ME KNOW IF YOU NEED ANYTHING!"

"SURE, THING JEN!"

Adding the carrots to the salad she stirred it. It had been an eventful couple of days. She'd had to return to the capital, help Jisoo arrange some minor mourning ceremonies for the belated queen, attend some meetings with other Commanders in place for Namjoon and she and Lisa squeezed some time in for potential communion ceremony venues. She was tired but more than that she missed Chae.

So much so that she'd asked Kat to help her arrange this surprise for her. She was making one of her favourite meals along with one of her favourite deserts. And being able to prepare all of this had given her renewed energy. Reaching for her glass, she sipped the water quickly. There had been less nightmares recently, but sudden bouts of head pain had replaced them. She didn't know which was worst. It happened more in the capital than when she was in the village. Another reason why she was glad to be back.

"Jen?" She lifted her head to find Kat looking at her a little worried, "You alright?"

"Yeah," she nodded, "Is it done?"

Kat smiled, "Yup, come take a look," she waved, and Jennie wiped her hands off with a cloth and eagerly followed her.

Lisa sighed as Suga continued, "He refuses to gather an audience with you Your Highness. I do not trust his reasoning at all."

"He's refused to see everyone," Lisa repeated, "Jisoo is not the only one the king is neglecting."

Suga glared at her, "HER HIGHNESS, is of the utmost importance. A legitimate successor. Daughter of the deceased Queen. Speaking with her should be a king's priority."

"I do not disagree with you on that," said Lisa, "However, his behaviour is odd overall. It's been this way for very long," she looked over to Jisoo, "Perhaps Suga has a point," he sat back surprised, "King Eon is not of the right mind. We should be wary."

Impressed with her words Suga clapped, the whole table turning to him, "Exactly."

Lisa tried not to roll her eyes, "That is one thing we should be skeptical of. The other,"

"Is the funeral?" asked Max

Lisa shook her head, "Not necessarily, Jen stated that due to the nature in which the king has been be behaving, we must be wary of the decreed public announcement the king will be making the following day."

Suga frowned, "Why would Jennie suggest that? Is it not to announce the imminent succession of princess Jisoo?"

Jisoo sighed, "Jen spoke to me of this as well. Before she left."

Lisa continued, "We must just be wary."

"Is it a possible assassination?" suggested Jeongyeon.

"The king wouldn't dare it!" said Max, "He's already lost so much favour from the public."

"Again," Lisa's voice boomed, "We must just be wary that is all."

Suga was surprised that she and Jennie would think this far, "Your Highness," Jisoo turned to him, his eyes focused on Lisa, "It appears your future Council shall do well indeed."

Jisoo burst out with a laugh while Lisa just scoffed, "Why thank you Suga, your blessings are always welcomed," she mused as they finished off the meeting.

Dahyun looked over at Chae as she placed on her coat, "So he just wants to re-kindle his relationship with you two?"

"That's what Jim says," shrugged Chae.

"Isn't it a little late for that," said Jaehyun as he closed his bag.

"I definitely feel so," said Chae, "But Jim believes him."

"Why didn't he tell you sooner though?" asked Dahyun, "Seems a bit strange that none of them told us about his visit," Chae shook her head, still trying to figure it out herself.

Jaehyun placed the bag over his shoulders and patted Chae's back, "We'll get some answers soon enough," Dahyun nodded at that.

"Is Jennie back yet?" he asked as he led them to the door.

"She should be returning this evening, "Chae smiled softly, "I'm so glad, the hut was feeling a little empty."

"Well tell her we say hello," said Jaehyun.

"Hopefully she'll still be here when we return," said Dahyun.

"I hope," said Chae, "Once the funeral is done, we'll most likely spend some days with her parents. I don't want to be there while there's still a frenzy."

"Makes sense," nodded Jaehyun, "We should be back before then. This shouldn't take too long... well I think so," he looked at Dahyun who stared back blankly.

"Please do stay safe. Though there's a ceasefire, the Midlands is still rebellion territory," said Chae.

"We'll do so," said Dahyun, "Make sure to do the same here."

"Could you lock the door for us," asked Jaehyun as he hugged her.

"Ofcourse," laughed Chae and hugged Dahyun too. The two waved then vanished. Releasing some air, Chae opened the door, and locked it as she left.

Seeing who was in the room, Hyuna hastily backtracked out. She waited, listening against the wall and breathed out, as they continued speaking. They did not see her and she cast a spell morphing her face.

"I did not expect you to come personally," said YG.

"Yes well, I knew Tae would need accompaniment," said Kai, "Who better than it to be me."

YG looked over to the other young man, "And how have you found your stay Sir Kim?"

Taehyung looked away from the wrinkled lady who rattled the tea tray in, "It's been very well Sir. The Midlanders are indeed very hospitable."

YG nodded, "That is very good to here, especially coming from a young noble who graces a very esteemed house."

"Thank you," bowed Taehyung nervously as the old woman placed down a cup of tea for him.

"Please excuse the fact that the rest of the leadership is not present. General Tschlone and Koben are with our troops. While General Tulip and Lady Nina are currently preoccupied with a..." he glanced at Taehyung, "another engagement."

"That is no issue Sir," said Kai, "The fact that we have been given room with even just one of the Midland's leaders, is more than enough," Taehyung took a sip of the tea and smiled over to the old woman who stood in the corner.

"Well then," YG crossed his arms, "What is that we may do for you gentlemen?"

"It's actually for her Highness, princess Jisoo," said Kai.

YG's face twisted in surprise, "...Well even better then, please do continue," and so Kai did, pleading their case to him. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

489K 7.3K 37
Just read it! I'm not good in writing description. This would be my first story, please support! I will try to write this story in full english hahaha
24.3K 1.1K 36
You think you know the story. Just never told like this before. Copyright Disclaimer: I hereby state that I do not own any of the characters being us...
32.2K 842 9
I honestly believe that the universe has brought us together, we are meant to be. You're my only one. I love you. ... This story is MINE so please...
Gain By scolric

Fanfiction

58.1K 3.1K 47
"You placed me in a position I never knew I needed. But here I am in front of you. Desperate and ashamed." Park Chaeyoung A fanfiction dedicated to a...