Moon River -YunGi-

By angel_youngmi

Vampires and werewolves are known to be enemies since hundred thousand years ago but now in a new era, these... More

Introduction
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Final Chapter

Chapter 4

5.2K 254 140
By angel_youngmi

"How is he?"

"Still unconscious, I think it will be a while until he wakes up. His body is very weak right now. The wolves really had done a lot to him. He needs a lot of blood once he wakes up, but I.. He told us that he's a vampire right?" Seonghwa says as he looks over to Mingi.

"Yeah, why?"

"He's warm Mingi ah. In human terms, he is having a fever."

"Well that can happen when we are poisoned right? The pain enhancer is a poison to us hyung. I don't think it's a big deal?"

Seonghwa shook his head, "No, we already gave him the antidote. His body is free from the poison thus the fever should've gone a few hours after the antidote was given. It's been 2 days Mingi ah. His fever is still there."

Mingi tilted his head a little, "Then are you saying that Yunho lied about being a vampire?"

"I don't know. Maybe? I mean we're still not sure if he's a vampire or not. He never proves it to us."

"Well, I guess we just have to wait for him to wake up then"

--

Yunho awoke to warm soft blankets and comfy bed, unlike at the mansion where he was held, cold and hard floors. Slowly and reluctantly, Yunho opens his eyes and he blinks a few times to adjust to the lighting in the room. He slowly rises to a sitting position on the bed, his blankets quickly pooling around his waist as he looks around the room.

Yunho didn't get to finish roaming his eyes around the room as his throat felt parched and dry, making him cough and wince as it felt like sandpaper each time. After the coughing fit, Yunho takes a few deep breaths and suddenly there is a glass of blood in front of him making him look over to whoever is holding it.

Yunho blush as he sees Mingi is the one that is holding the glass. He was about to take it from Mingi's hand but when he saw the red from the glass, he cringed a bit. The blood certainly won't help soothe his throat, only his thirst. Yunho bit his lips, he did take the glass from Mingi's hand saying a small "Thank you" but he didn't drink it, only put the glass down on his lap.

Mingi tilts his head but he stays silent. Waiting.

Yunho sighs softly, I hope they won't beat me up like the alphas did.. he thought softly and tilted his head so he could look at Mingi's face. "Uhm.. Can I have a glass of...water..too? Please..?"

Yunho yelps and jumps when San suddenly teleports in front of him and if not because Seonghwa already predicted that this will happen thus he uses his power at the glass that Yunho is holding or it might fall and stain the blanket. Yunho had scooted backwards until his back was met up with the headboard of the bed, eyes widened as he trembled a little.

"Why do you need water? You said that you're a vampire and we don't need anything other than blood! Did you lie to Mingi and Seonghwa hyung so that you would be free from the mansion? Who are you? Are you actually dangerous? That's why the alphas locked you up in a different room? Hm?!" says San as he crawls up to Yunho menacingly.

Yunho had his knees near his chest as he now viciously trembles as San really scares him right now. Seeing how scared Yunho is, Mingi's eyes involuntarily turn to the golden red hue as he felt the need to protect him from San and he yanked San's arm making the smaller yelp and fell onto the floor.

Perplexed by Mingi, San looked up to him from the floor with a pout on his face, all his menacing features gone. "Why the hell did you do that Min?"

Mingi huff and run his hand through his hair before looking at San and tilt his chin towards Yunho. "You're scaring him. Stop that. You could just ask him nicely. He can't get away if he wants too you know."

San pouts but he didn't say anything and didn't move from his spot on the floor, only having both of his arms on the bed and laying his head on it while looking at Yunho.

What they didn't notice is that Yunho's breathing is gradually getting quicker as he is lost in his own thoughts and bad memories. Memories of the alphas beating him up, slicing his skins, strangled him and more.

Seongwha sees the changes in Yunho's breathing and he alerts Mingi which Mingi frowns in worries. Mingi then gently put a hand on Yunho's shoulder making Yunho flinch so hard that he fell to the floor at the other side of the bed. Yunho didn't even register the pain from the fall, instead he scoot backwards as far as he can until he can no longer go as his back met up with the walls.

"I'm sorry! I'm sorry! P-please don't hurt me! I didn't m-mean to! I'm so sorry!" says Yunho repeatedly making San feel a bit guilty seeing Yunho like that.

"Now look what you've done Sani..." Mingi says as he sighs at San and San can only scratch his neck sheepishly. "Sorry.."

Mingi then slowly walked up to where Yunho is and sat down in front of him, minding not to be too close to him. "Yunho ah, no one is going to hurt you. Calm down please."

Yunho shakes his head, still trembling and crying while repeatedly saying "I'm sorry".

Mingi is at loss. He's not sure how to calm Yunho down and he is worried as Yunho seems to become paler by the minute. He still has a fever and having a panic attack won't help lower it down. Mingi tilt his head to Seonghwa and San silently asking for help. Seonghwa shrugs and says, "You're the one that calmed him down back at the alphas mansion. Do it again then."

Mingi huff at the answer. He looks over to Yunho and sighs softly. "Yunho ah, listen to me. No one is going to hurt you. I promised you didn't I?"

Yunho seems to finally hear Mingi as he slowly stops repeatedly saying "I'm sorry" and looks at Mingi though still sobbing a bit. Yunho is about to talk but his throat suddenly felt like sandpapers again that he had to double over and cough. Yunho can't stop coughing. He struggles to take a breath while coughing, making a few tears fall from his eyes as it hurts.

Mingi panics seeing Yunho having a coughing fit and barely breathing and he remembers that Yunho had asked for water so he turned over to look at San, "Sani ah! Get the water! Now!". San disperses from where he is seated and appears again with a glass of water in his hand which he hands it to Mingi and Mingi gladly takes it from him.

Mingi put the glass of water on the floor, scoot over a little bit closer to Yunho, "Yunho ah, I'm going to touch you okay? It's just me Mingi." he says and waits for Yunho's reply. After a few seconds, Mingi sees a little bit of nodding comes from Yunho and he immediately grabs Yunho and gently hauls him up to his lap, Yunho back to his chest.

Mingi runs his hand on Yunho's chest hoping it can stop the coughing a bit and surprisingly, Yunho gradually stops coughing after a few minutes. Seeing Yunho had stopped coughing, Mingi took the glass of water and held it up to Yunho's mouth and Yunho drank it greedily. "Slowly Yunho ah, you don't want to suddenly choke with it do you." Mingi says as he pulls the glass a bit making Yunho whines but compiles and drinks it a little bit slower than before.

After he finishes the drink, Yunho lay his head on Mingi's shoulder, exhausted. Mingi had put away the glass as he let Yunho lay on him. He can feel the heat radiating from Yunho so he puts a hand on Yunho's forehead and frowns as it seems that Yunho is a bit warmer than before.

"Yunho ah, can you tell me the truth now?" says Mingi softly making Yunho tense a bit but he calms down when Mingi says, "I won't be mad. I'm curious that's all."

Yunho sighs softly as he pulls himself away from Mingi and turns over so he can face him properly.

Yunho bit his lips, not sure how his future will be after he says the words but he sighs and mumbles softly, "I'm a vampire. I didn't lie about that... but I'm also...a... werewolf.."

Yunho clenches his eyes shut as soon as he finishes talking and lower his head down, hands clutching his shirts.

Silence.

Yunho starts to become anxious by the minute as no one in the room makes a sound. After a few more minutes, he sighs softly, slowly rising from where he sat only to see the room spinning as he stumbles, clutching his head and he would be on the floor if Mingi didn't catch him by the waist on time.

"Careful, I think you need to lie down. You still have a fever." says Mingi as he picks Yunho up and lays him down on the bed not waiting for Yunho to answer him. Yunho closes his eyes when his back meets with the soft bed and his head on the soft pillow but he whines a little when he feels there is an arm slid right under his neck, gently hauling him up into a sitting position.

"Sorry Yunho but I think it helps if you drink this blood a little bit so you will have your energy back." says Mingi as he puts the glass of blood near Yunho's lips. Yunho opens his mouth as Mingi tilts the glass for Yunho and he drinks it, his eyes half open. After he is done, Mingi puts away the glass and gently lays Yunho down again.

Yunho slowly looks over to Mingi with his eyes half open and mumbles, "I'm sorry.. I can't heal an illness.. only wounds.. so I can't heal my fever.."

"You're too weak right now to be using your power anyway Yunho. Rest for now." says Seonghwa as he stood beside San near the bed.

"Are you guys angry with me..?" says Yunho, making everyone tilt their head.

"No. Why?" says Seonghwa and Yunho shrug a little, "You guys didn't say anything after I said I'm half werewolf.. I will leave if you guys want me to.."

"Oh, I'm sorry Yunho. We didn't mean to. Really. We're only surprised, that's all." says Seonghwa as he gently runs his hand on Yunho's hair, making Yunho close his eyes and hum a little, making everyone in the room smile.

"Go to sleep Yunho ah, you need to rest." says Mingi as he tuck Yunho in with the blanket until the blanket reaches his chin. Yunho hums and after a few minutes, the other 3 vampires can hear Yunho's steady breathing indicating that he had fallen asleep.

"Well, I guess we found our hybrid then." says San.

"What should we do hyung?" says Mingi as he still has his hand running through Yunho's locks while watching him sleeping.

"Keep him here of course. I think he's fine being here seeing how attached he is with you and vice versa." says Seonghwa, eyeing Mingi and Yunho making Mingi tilt his head in confusion.

"What do you mean, hyung?"

"Really Min? Everyone can see how protective you are with him. He might be your mate after all seeing you never did all of this behaviour before." says San and Seonghwa nods agreeing.

"Uhm.." says Mingi as he still can't really believe their words making Seonghwa huff and flick his forehead.

"Your eyes change colours every time someone tries to get close to him or touch him. You never left his side since we found him and he only ever responded to you. I'm 80% sure that you guys are mates right now."

"What about the other 20%?" asked Mingi stubbornly.

"Well that is for you and Yunho to solve." says Seonghwa and Mingi huff.

"Fine. Maybe I am his mate. Maybe I do want to be his mate. We'll see how it turns out after he is well enough." says Mingi.

"Good." says San as he disperses to who knows where, maybe to find his mate and cuddles.

"I'll go tell Eden about this, and bring a nurse from the Mutual Pack, I'm not familiar with wolf health so it's better for them to look over him. As far as I know, his vampire side is getting better, you only need to feed him blood every 3 hours so he can regain his energy. We have to wait for the nurse to tell us about his wolf well being." says Seonghwa and he left the room after receiving a nod from Mingi.

--

"His fever is high but he will be fine if he rests well, and uhm did he say something about suppressant or pills to any of you guys?" the nurse asked looking at Mingi and Seonghwa.

"No, I don't think so." says Mingi and the nurse nod his head.

"Well, I guess I have to ask him after he wakes up then. Let me know if he wakes up and for now, just let him rest and maybe some food later if he wants it. Blood is fine too I guess. Whatever he prefers." says the nurse and he walks out of the room after confirming it with Seonghwa.

"Hyung?"

"Hmm?"

"Do you think Yunho is an omega? As far as I know, only omegas need the suppressant or pills."

"Maybe, if not, why did the nurse ask the question. That's good Mingi ah, you can have little hybrids in the future."

"Shut up hyung. We're not official yet you know." says Mingi as he blush a little imagining his little hybrids in the future.

Seonghwa chuckles, "Sorry, I'm going to find my baby. If he wakes up, tell me." and walks out of the room leaving Mingi alone with the sleeping hybrid.

After letting Yunho sleep for 3 hours, Mingi gently aroused from where he was sitting in a chair close to Yunho's bed and went out of the room to retrieve a glass of blood for Yunho.

Mingi put the glass on the drawer next to the bed and sat on the bed near Yunho's waist, gently shaking the hybrid's shoulder to wake him up. After a few shaking, Yunho finally opens his eyes slowly and looks over to Mingi with a pout making Mingi a little bit flustered seeing how adorable Yunho is right now.

"Why did you wake me up..?" asked Yunho with a croak and sleepy voice.

"I'm sorry, but you need to drink more blood. You can sleep after you finish the blood."

"I'm not hungry.."

"I know bub, but you need this for you to be well again." says Mingi absentmindedly giving Yunho a pet name.

Yunho blush but stay silent and nod his head. Mingi then gently hauls Yunho up and helps him drink the blood from the glass. After finishing it, instead of lying down on the bed, Yunho lay his head on Mingi's shoulder and scoot closer.

"Yunho? I'm not the pillow, you will have back and neck pain if you sleep like this."

"But you're warm and I'm cold.. You feel so good and warm.."

"I'm warm? Are you sure?" says Mingi as he felt himself smiling. If a vampire is warm with another vampire, it's another sign that they are mates.

Yunho nods, cuddling closer, mumbling, "Why did you ask?"

Mingi strokes Yunho's hair, "Do you realize that we're mates Yunho ah?"

Yunho opened his eyes. Mates? He has a mate? Yunho looked over to Mingi searching his eyes for the truth.

"Mates? We are? How do you know?"

"Only mates can provide warmth for their partner for vampires. Not to mention that you only respond to me when you're in a panic state, and they said that my eyes change colours whenever I feel the need to protect you from harm."

Yunho blinks at the information. He didn't realize it but he knows how Mingi calms him down. He searches for his inner wolf and his wolf gladly purrs when he looks over to Mingi.

"Well, my wolf seems to like you."

"I'm glad then because if you are fine with this, I won't ever let you go Yunho ah."

Yunho blush and smiles making Mingi smile and kiss his forehead.

"Come on, you still need to rest. This mate thingy can wait until you're better." says Mingi as he tries to push Yunho down so he can sleep again. Yunho whines and clutch at Mingi's shirt.

"L-lay down with me? Please? The blankets still make me cold.." says Yunho giving Mingi a pout with his puppy eyes.

"Alright alright." says Mingi as he can't really deny Yunho with that kicked puppy face so he lay down next to Yunho and Yunho absentmindedly lay his head on MIngi's chest and wrap his arm around Mingi's waist.

Mingi smiles softly at how clingy Yunho is right now before he takes the blanket and puts it on Yunho until it reaches his neck. If Mingi hears Yunho purrs, he doesn't say anything about it as he kisses Yunho's head instead and closes his eyes.

--

"Someone wake them up please."

"Why don't you do it yourself hyung?"

"I can't. They look so cute."

"Me and Jongho are cuter."

"Psh..Please, it's WooSan okay."

Mingi groans as he hears people chattering somewhere near and open his eyes slowly looking over to where he assumes the voices are.

"Shut up will ya? Yunho is sleeping. Do your bickering somewhere else." croaks Mingi in annoyance as he turns to Yunho and wraps his arms around Yunho's waist and rubs his chin on Yunho's head, closing his eyes again.

"Sorry Mingi but you and Yunho have to get up now. Eden and a few of the higher ups are downstairs." says Seonghwa apologetically making Mingi lift his head up and look at Seonghwa with wide eyes.

"What? Why are they here so early? Yunho is still sick!" Mingi hissed as he is annoyed at Eden and the other higher up vampires. Can't this wait until Yunho is better? Why are they rushing things? Mingi grumbles in his mind and sighs looking down at the still sleeping Yunho.

"They want to make sure Yunho is the hybrid so they can stop the other groups from searching for him and if Yunho truly is the hybrid in the premonition, they will do anything to make Yunho stay with them at the coven." says Yeosang.

"He's staying with me. Here." Mingi says as he glares at Yeosang, eyes a golden red hue.

"Ooh, you're doing it again! San was right about your eyes changing. Mingi ah, the problem is, it's not you who can decide where Yunho will be staying. It's them. We're just their underdog you know." Wooyoung says shrugging his shoulders.

"I want to stay here..." says Yunho, making everyone look over to him. He had woken up after Mingi whispered something about someone was here and had been listening quietly until he couldn't stop himself from blurting out that he wanted to stay.

"Well, maybe if you persuade them, they will comply Yunho ah. Let's go?" says Seonghwa as he push Yeosang and Wooyoung out of the room.

Mingi sighs but he does get up from the bed and helps Yunho as Yunho is still struggling to stand up. His body is still too weak. Mingi had offered to pick him up which Yunho had turned down quickly saying that it's uncomfortable for him to be seen in Mingi's arms in front of the higher ups. Mingi then helps Yunho to walk very slowly until they reach the living room downstairs.

Yunho is nervous. He can feel his heartbeat beating too fast when he sees there are about 5 people he didn't recognize in the living room. They all look very serious with no emotions making Yunho slightly recoil and move towards Mingi, bumping their shoulders.

Eden can sense how nervous Yunho is so he clears his throat and introduces himself to ease the tension in the room a bit.

"Hello Yunho, I'm Eden, please don't be too nervous, we just want to confirm your status."

Yunho nods but he stays quiet.

"Alright.. Uhm, this is Lord Hwan, and his partner, Hyunil. They are the founder of KQ Coven. This is Ray and his partner, Shin, the founder of the Mutual Pack." continue Eden as he introduces the others and Yunho gives them a small "Hello".

Without warning, Hyunil walked up to Yunho using his enhanced walk and slit his own hand with his long nail making a long thin wound as blood trickled from it. Yunho widened his eyes and he automatically grabbed Hyunil's hand and healed the wound quickly. After healing it, Yunho looked over to Hyunil with a frown on his face, "W-why did you hurt yourself?" making Hyunil finally smile and chuckle before pinching the hybrid's cheek.

"I'm just checking, the wound will heal itself in one hour though if you didn't heal it just now."

Yunho blush and Hyunil pinch his cheeks again before he can hear a low grumble from Mingi and he looks over to him tilting his head and smirk before going back to where he was, next to Lord Hwan.

Before they can say anything, once again without warning, Ray, who had turned into his wolf form, pounce on Yunho making him fall on his back on the floor. Yunho grunted as he hit his head on the floor but he tense when Ray growled on top of him, one of his paws on Yunho's chest. "Submit to the alpha." Shin says as he stands by near Yunho and watches his mate growls at Yunho.

Yunho instantly let his hands fall on the floor, and expose his neck towards Ray, whimpering. Mingi's eyes flash as he was about to yank the wolf from Yunho but was stopped by Eden who is holding him tightly. Ray lingers his snout over Yunho's exposed neck for a few seconds before he stands back and shifts into his human form.

Yunho is trembling on the floor and Mingi instantly crouches beside him after Eden had let him go after Ray had backed off earlier and helped Yunho into a sitting position. Yunho had moved from the floor to sit on top of Mingi's laps, still trembling as he wrapped his arms around Mingi's neck and burying his head there. Mingi runs his hand on Yunho's back attempting to calm his mate down.

"State your status." Ray says in his alpha's voice as he walks to where Yunho and Mingi is with his mate tailing along. Yunho who is still whimpering and burying his head in Mingi's neck, slowly lifts up his head but his eyes stay downcast as he mumble, "O-omega". Ray and Shin nod their heads and look over to where Lord Hwan and Hyunil is and nod their heads and smile.

Lord Hwan then walks over to where Yunho is, and says softly, "I'm sorry if our way of confirming is a bit harsh Yunho. It looks like you are the hybrid that we've been looking for for a few months now."

"W-why are you guys looking for m-me?" says Yunho and Hyunil comes over and crouches down so he can be the same level as Yunho. "Because you're the one that will make a huge impact within vampires and werewolves truce in the future Yunho ah. You are our key. I assure you that we are not the bad guy. We only want the best in both but there are wolves and vampires out there who want your head as you could interfere with their evil plans."

Yunho blinks as he absorbs the information Hyunil gave him.

"Now, I need you to come with us, you have to stay there to assure your safety." says Lord Hwan as he grabs Yunho's arm without thinking, making Yunho panic thinking that they will lock him up like the alphas did at the mansion. The traumas are still fresh in his memories, making him yelp and yank his hand away from Lord Hwan's and bury his head in Mingi's neck, trembling.

Stunned, Lord Hwan tilted his head at the hybrid and Mingi. "What is the meaning of this?" Lord Hwan says as his eyes turn into a golden gray hue. Mingi's eyes also had turned into a golden red hue as he tightened his hold on Yunho.

"My lord, I'm sorry, but I found out that Yunho is my mate, I do not wish for him to be far from me. He needs me. Especially now."

"Why did he have to act like I was about to hurt him?" says Lord Hwan and Mingi somberly replies, "Because that is exactly what he had thought, my Lord. He was tortured in the alphas mansion for 2 weeks. They beat him up everyday, and used pain enhancers while slitting his chest open. I apologize for his behaviour."

Eden, Lord Hwan, Hyunil, Ray and Shin were stunned by what Mingi had said, they didn't realize how bad it was and they felt a bit guilty for doing what they did earlier.

"My lord, I think he will be fine staying here with his mate. About his safety, I think he will be fine too as these 7 vampires in this household are very powerful. We can always set the time for him to come and have lessons in the coven." says Hyunil softly to his mate.

Lord Hwan sighs softly and agrees, making Mingi smile at them. Mingi then looked down to look at Yunho and he frowned when Yunho had his eyes close as his arms that were wrapped around his neck are now lay limp. "Yunho?" Mingi whispers as he shakes Yunho's shoulder gently but Yunho didn't respond. Mingi panicked and he tried once again to rouse Yunho but Yunho still won't wake up.

Seonghwa frowns, he walks up to where Mingi and Yunho are seated on the floor and crouches down, having his hand on Yunho's forehead. "Oh my.. He's fever worsened.. I think he fainted.."

"His body must've been exhausted because of the trial he had done earlier.." says Shin as worries mark his face.

"May we go now? Yunho really needs to rest without anyone disturbing him until he is fully well again." Mingi says.

"You may go. Shin, have a nurse come by and check on Yunho again." says Lord Hwan as Shin nods.

Mingi quickly holds Yunho and hauls him up and uses his enhanced walk so they arrive in the room in seconds. Mingi then gently put the unconscious hybrid on the bed and he slid himself down next to Yunho, grabbed the blanket and put it on the both of them before he pulled Yunho closer and closed his eyes, sighing softly.

"Rest well Yunho."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

5.2K 184 45
VAMPIRE SERIES The unknown world inside of Seoul Forest where mystic creatures like vampires, werewolves and witches lived. The history of pure blood...
5.2K 447 16
When a dark secret is revealed, Yibo and Zhan embark on a journey that does not lead them into the woods, but into a much darker and more dangerous p...
144K 7.6K 25
Vampires and Werewolves are sworn enemies, so how could such a strong bond appear between two people who were born hating each other? WAITING TO BE R...
6.4K 462 21
"I turned you into a cool vampire and you made me your weird mate?!" Vampires and werewolves are enemies. Huge enemies. They should never EVER be wi...