Zodiac Heroes - Cast Down to...

By confusions-scrolls

The first step of Orion's plan is complete. The Zodiac Signs have now been banished down to Earth, with no me... More

Character Introduction
Prologue - Plan Complete
Chapter 1 - High School
Author's Note 1 - Happy (late) Sagittarius Season 2019!
Chapter 2 - Crushes
Chapter 3 - The Dorms
Chapter 5 - Free Period
Author's Note 2 - Happy Capricorn Season 2019 (Plus An Anouncement)
Chapter 6 - The Piano
A Christmas Special That Nobody Asked For But Here It Is Anyways
Chapter 7 - That Girl
200+, Actually No, 300+ Reads! (I Got Tagged)
Happy Aquarius Season!
Chapter 8 - Long List of Ex-Lovers
A Lil' Announcement Before We Move On To Chapter 9
❤️🧡💛Valentine's Day Special💚💙💜
Chapter 9 - Detention
¡Not A Chapter! Something Smells A Little Fishy (Pun Intended)
Chapter 10 - Two Broken Boys
Chapter 11 - A Scientific Mystery
Chapter 12 - Cold Autumn Day
Bonus Chapter - Truth Or Dare (This Chapter Is Cursed)
A Special Chapter Because It's My Birthday!
Chapter 13 - Everything's Suspicious
Chapter 14 - Fallen Stars
Chapter 15 - Rainbow Scarf
Chapter 16 - Brother to Brother
Chapter 17 - Sincerely
Chapter 18 - Family Reunion
Chapter 19 - Fork In the Road
Chapter 20 - The Code of Lady Liberty
Incorrect Quotes For 2K Reads!
Chapter 21 - Scrolls
Chapter 22 - Code Cracking and a Confession
Chapter 23 - Panic Attack
Chapter 24 - Planets
Chapter 25 - Why Orion Keeps Popping Up In Every Conversation
April Fool's Special - The Zodiac Signs On April Fool's Day
Chapter 26 - Who's Ouranos? (Plus Another Tag)
Chapter 27 - Meet Up At Starbucks
Chapter 28 - Stargazing
Get To Know The Planets And Stuff
Chapter 29 - The Truth Is Proven
Chapter 30 - Our Classmates Are Stars, Literal Stars
Chapter 31 - Cafeteria Catastrophe
Sorry This Isn't A Chapter
Chapter 32 - A Little Too Depressing
Chapter 33 - Ophiuchus Appears Again
Chapter 34 - Deciphering a Portal Spell
Chapter 35 - Afraid of Love
Chapter 36 - Urgent Video Call
Epilogue - The Contract
Final A/N
Memorable Quotes
Confusion's Other Books
Bonus Short 1 - Everlasting Friendships
SEQUEL! (Also Kind of Bonus Short 2 - Christmas Spirit)

Chapter 4 - Attendance

1.3K 40 79
By confusions-scrolls

Cancer

"I hate homeroom." I grumbled.

"Why?" Taurus asked. It was almost 10am, and the bell had gone a few minutes before.

"All my classmates make fun of my name." I replied.

"Oh," Taurus responded. "They might not."

"Most likely will."

"But they might not."

By the time we got to our homeroom, it was 10am. My brother was there, as well as the rest of the "squad", as Leo says.

"So," He said. "Looks like we're all in homeroom together again."

Scorpio rolled her eyes. "Yayyyyy." She said in a sarcastic manner.

I walked all the way to the back of the line, where Aquarius and Capricorn were.

"Hello Cancer." Capricorn looked up from his book.

"Hi." I said back.

My new roommate Aquarius leaned back onto the classroom walls and sighed. "I wish the teacher would hurry up."

I said nothing. I was busy worrying about things. What if this new school gives out way more homework than our old school? Will there be assessments almost every week? How many more weeks until Christmas?

Suddenly, Pisces jumped up from behind me and tackled me with a hug.

"Ouch, Pisces!" I complained.

"Nice to see you again, Cancer!" Pisces ignored my complaints. "How was your summer?"

I paused to think. "Well, it was actually quite-"

My words were interrupted when a middle aged black haired man walked into my line of sight. He was carrying a pile of paper, as well as a laptop.

"Hello, class." The man said, trying not to drop the pile of paper. "Sorry for being late. Let's go in, shall we?"

Pisces and I stared at each other.

"That can't be." Pisces said.

"Didn't he leave Brooklyn Astrological High School?" I asked.

"Yeah, but he didn't tell us that he was coming here." Pisces responded.

"Wait a minute," Taurus, who was listening to our conversation, suddenly said. "Isn't that Mr Perseus? From Brooklyn Astrological High School?"

~~~

All of us took our seats as the teacher, who we recognised as Mr Perseus from our old school, wrote some things on the whiteboard with a whiteboard marker.

"I bet some of you are wondering why you haven't seen me around here before." Mr Perseus said as he continued writing. Then, he turned around the face the class. "You can call me Mr Perseus, or Mr Algol. I recently transferred here from Brooklyn Astrological High School, and I see that I can see some familiar faces around here."

Mr Perseus started looking around at us, his eyes darting around the room to find more of our "squad" members. Nothing more embarrassing than seeing an old teacher teach at your new school, then having him notice that you were from his old school and pointing that out in front of the entire class.

"Let me start the day with the attendance." Mr Perseus sat down at his desk and opened his laptop.

I could hear students whispering from behind me, as well as some members of our "squad" asking each other, "Isn't that Mr Perseus from our old school?", and "He didn't tell us he'd be here.".

"Alright." Mr Perseus' voice rang loud and clear. "Aquarius?"

"Present."

"Aries?"

"Here."

Great. I'm next. I thought to myself. I was positive that everyone was going to laugh at me.

"Cancer?" Mr Perseus called.

"Here." I said.

I waited for the laughter to begin. Nobody laughed.

Mr Perseus kept going with the register.

"Corona Australis?"

"I'm here."

"Corona Borealis?"

"Present and here."

Strange. I thought. Usually everybody makes fun of my name. Then again, it really isn't my fault that I share my name with a disease.

Mr Perseus finished doing the register. "Okay class." He said. "Why don't we all go find our lockers, assuming that you've all spent the time before homeroom doing things in your dorms."

~~~

The students ran out of the room, chatting with each other. Taurus walked up to me and tapped me on the shoulder.

"Nobody laughed." He said.

"That's a first." I replied.

"See? You didn't have to worry."

"Let's go find our lockers."

Turns out that each homeroom's lockers are in the same area. I unlocked the lock with the key I found in the dorm. I opened the door. Just looking at the locker felt cold and un-welcoming. It was empty, as all lockers are at the start of the school year.

I sighed and put my books in my locker. I heard the locker to the right of me slam shut. My brother was standing right beside me, the same cocky grin on his face.

"Our lockers are together again." He noted.

I groaned. "Yes, I know, Leo."

"And the whole 'squad' is in the same homeroom." Leo added.

"Yes, and?"

"Will we be having free period at the same time?"

"Yes."

"So we'll have lunch and recess at the same time too, right?"

I rolled my eyes at Leo. "The whole school will be having recess and lunch at the same time. What are you implying anyways?"

"The illuminati is real~" Leo said in a dramatic voice. I slapped him.

"Aw, come on." He complained, rubbing his cheek. "Give your brother some love, will ya?"

Just then, the bell rang.

I heard Mr Perseus' voice call from inside our homeroom. "Come back here to collect your bags. Hopefully I'll be seeing some of you later for English class!"

~~~

I finally found my classroom. I spent a whole three minutes trying to find my math classroom with a couple of other people who also had math this period. There were many people having math this period.

I looked at my schedule on my phone.

I stared at the number on the door. It said "818", just like the room on my schedule.

"Well, at least I didn't get lost this time." I said to myself.

Just then, my phone buzzed in my pocket.

"Must be a text message." I thought as I took my phone out.

Da Squad

10:24

Leo: 'sup peeps

Aquarius: What do you want, Leo?

Leo: eh nothing

Leo: what class you guys got?

Cancer: Math

Leo: oh that sucks

Sagittarius: wbu leo

Leo: music

Sagittarius: lucky i hv english

Virgo: Mr Perseus teaches English.

Sagittarius: yea ik

Sagittarius: i wonder why hes here tho

Virgo: What do you mean?

Sagittarius: it cant just be a coincidence that hes teaching at the same school that we're in

Sagittarius: after he left our old school too

Cancer: That's true

10:25

Gemini: saggi where r u

Sagittarius: outside homeroom

Gemini: SERIOUSLY IT WAS THERE ALL ALONG?

Virgo: Yes, yes it was.

Gemini: UGH

Leo: gtg guys à plus tard

Aries: SHUT UP YOU GUYS IM TIRED OF GETTING ALL THESE TEXTS

I turned around to look at Aries. He was hastily stuffing his phone in his pocket. When he looked up at me, he glared at me, and I decided not to question him about the group chat.

Just then, I heard a voice from the front of the line.

"Two lines, please." I saw a blonde haired woman standing a the front of the line. "When you go inside, choose a desk and sit down."

Great. I thought. Math

~~~

"And remember class," The science teacher said before I left the classroom. "You do not need to memorise the entire periodic table."

"But I already did!" I heard someone from the back say.

I slung my bag over my shoulder and walked out the classroom. I immediately took out my phone and swiped through the text messages from the "squad" group chat. I was about to put my phone back in my pocket when I saw a message from Taurus.

(left is Taurus, right is Cancer)

Taurus

11:35

Hey

Next class?

I smiled. It was nice of Taurus to ask me how I was doing after being given an assignment to do.

(left is Taurus, right is Cancer)

Taurus

11:35

Hey

Next class?

11:36

English

You?

French on the 4th floor

Gotta go get my books from my locker

Wanna come?

Sure

I'm coming up right now

Ok

I put my phone in my pocket and smiled again. So far, first day was going off to a good start.

~~~

So that's another chapter done.

I've been playing around with this fake text message website called https://ifaketextmessage.com/aanv/, and I'm having loads of fun making these fake text messages.

Cassie: This is a really weird chapter.

Polly: Be quiet! You're hurting the AP's feelings

Me: *sighs* You guys really need to stop breaking into my room.

Cassie: You're probably going to overuse these text message thingies.

Me: Yeah, probably, but they're fun, right?

Polly: Yes indeed!

Cassie: Okay whatever. At least translate that French text.

Me: Oh yeah, right!

À plus tard - See you later

Cassie: That's better.

Polly: Can we go now? I've been dying to get Gemini to try that new ice cream shop!

Cassie: Ugh fine.

Polly: YAYYYY! *drags Cassie out the door*

Well they're gone now.

A little announcement here. This story has been ranked #15 for the libra tag out of 5.2K stories. This is really surprising to me, since this is only the fourth chapter and libra has only been mentioned in two of the chapters. I also have 10 votes now!

Anyways, thank you all so much to all you lovely readers out there! I hope that you'll give this story a read, vote and share it!

Peace out,

The Author

Edit: just ignore this AN, I stopped using the text message website because I thought it was stupid

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10K 185 26
The Zodiac's are coming to earth. No one except 2 other constellation know they are there. When the other constellation on earth find out the battle...
2.9K 40 24
Cetus finally got the controller to his shock collar, and now is unleashing destruction on the universe! It's up to the zodiacs to stop him! Can they...
2.1K 50 11
Fate. Secrets. Teenage angst. And of course the occasional life-threatening disaster. Welcome to the Three Realms. In the depths of space, there exi...
3.6K 46 16
First Book in the Zodiac Series The signs are split up into the groups of the 12 zodiac. Aries Taurus Gemini cancer Leo Virgo libra Scorpio Sagittar...