Bad [Harry Potter Fanfiction]...

By Emmalee_Sky

[Completed] (Fanfiction / Romance) Who's Bad? I'm Bad. * Five years ago, the Second War ended in the Wizardin... More

Bad
1 | A new case
2 | The Leaky Cauldron
3 | An answer to her prayers
4 | A break with friends
6 | Plagued by what ifs
7 | Pieces fall into place
8 | Today was the day
9 | Polyjuice Potion
10 | Not the Ministry
11 | A priceless token
12 | Perfect Opportunity
13 | Anticipation
14 | Display of magic
15 | Fyrefox
16 | Do you understand?
17 | Whiplash
18 | The oddest feeling
19 | Another shot
20 | Parkinson Manor
21 | A few things to say.
22 | Priority
23 | Something has changed.
24 | Letters
Timing is everything.
25 | Dinner
26 | This was business.
27 | Cut out the competition
28 | We need a plan.
29 | Monkey Suit
30 | Promise me.
31 | Ready
32 | The Ball
33 | No man
34 | So much for exciting.
35 | The future together
36 | Handled
37 | Lure
38 | One option
39 | Aren't you forgetting something?
40 | Home
Epilogue | The future
Epilogue | It's time.
BAD Series
All in BAD Company
A Few BAD Men

5 | New client

16.2K 473 94
By Emmalee_Sky

Heat warmed Ginny's face, and it crawled through her body. Her heart pounded as she tightened her fist around her bag strap. She stomped past tables and the Leaky Cauldron patrons. How dare Neville bring up that bastard? How dare he? If she didn't step out of the public eye right now, her temper would flare, and that meant bad things.

Some nasty choice words were on the tip of her tongue when she collided with someone. She stumbled but caught herself before she hit a table of drunk wizards. She exhaled, unclenching her fists. Relax. But why couldn't people just look where they were going? She turned. "Watch- oh, it's you." Today just wasn't her day.

"Weaslette," Draco Malfoy said, grinning.

"There's no need for that." She took a step to the side, but he blocked the way. She pursed her lips. "Let me through so I can destroy something, preferably where there aren't so many witnesses." Her temper begged to get out.

He chuckled, and her eyes narrowed. What was with him? Was he was drunk?

He leaned forward and whispered, "Let me buy you a drink." His breath brushed against her skin.

But she wanted nothing to do with him. She was in a mood, and he would just make it worse. "No. Better things to do then have a drink with you." She pushed around him and started for the door.

"Better than discussing a job offer?" he asked.

She stopped in her track, back to him. A job offer? Her mood lifted. "I'm in between jobs right now," she admitted, turning around.

"I'm sure," he said, nodding.

What did he know? Better yet, what did he want?

She took a few steps and stopped in front of him. She scrutinized his pale blond hair that fell to his shoulders, framing his aristocratic face. His charcoal gray silk dress shirt was tailored to his upper body and his black trousers snug against his legs. When her eyes returned to his face, he flashed a wicked grin. She rolled her eyes.

Too bad he was mad, it ran in his veins. At least it had to with a father like Lucius Malfoy and an aunt like Bellatrix Lestrange. But his views and beliefs didn't matter. All she cared about was the money and the things she could procure for people. If that's what he needed, well, that she could provide for him.

"Do you approve?" He tilted his head.

"You're not my type." She shrugged, leaning against an empty table. Why did men always want to discuss personal stuff? Hadn't he mentioned a job? 

An eyebrow rose. "What? Good looking wizards?"

She straightened. "Ferrets," she told him, poking his chest. "Now, get to the point."

"As you wish." He bowed. "Little Weasel- Well, you aren't little any longer, are you?" He took a step back and looked her over. She crossed her arms over her chest.

"Quit it, or I'm walking."

The left side of his lips tilted slightly, and he grabbed her arm, pulling her towards the door. "Yes, I know what you do, and I'd like you to retrieve something special... It belonged to my late mother," he said, his voice dropping faintly. Ginny hadn't even known that Narcissa had died. A pang of loss rolled through her, but she pushed it down.

But at the end of the day, this was her job. Who came to her didn't change that. "How about you buy me that drink now?"

He laid his hand on her arm, stopping her, his eyebrows knitted together with a hard look. "First you tell me you'll do what I ask."

Her eyes narrowed then after a moment, she nodded. "Yes, I'll get back whatever was your mum's."

He grinned, releasing her arm. "Splendid." He looked over her shoulder then back at her. "Now, let's get that drink."

She looked towards the bar. "Yeah, I'll have-"

"Oh, no. We'll have our drinks somewhere secure where we can discuss this job without any disturbances." He nodded toward the front door, and Ginny had no choice but to follow.

*

It'd been the longest week Harry had in a while, and he was no closer to figuring out Fyrefox's identity then when this all started. The stress added to his already fitful sleep, and for some reason, he couldn't get his mind off that woman from the Ministry earlier. She wasn't physically familiar, though her voice had poked at something, but not enough to recognize. She'd acted oddly after he helped her, almost as if she knew who he was. Well, he guessed that wasn't too far off. He was Harry Potter, after all.

He set his jaw, rubbing his forehead. A headache was at large.

He'd forever live with being the Chosen One. After the Second War, he'd hoped he'd be able to have a normal life, but life just never seemed to go the way he wanted it to. It'd been foolish of him to think otherwise.

He entered the Leaky Cauldron to get some lunch when he spotted Neville and Luna sitting at a table. He smiled. What a pleasant surprise. Since Neville took the Herbology position at Hogwarts, Harry hadn't seen much of his friend. Plus, this was also a good opportunity to see if anyone at the school had heard about Fyrefox. With Neville working there for about a year, maybe he could ask the man to set up a meeting with McGonagall. Maybe there was some background information there. That had to be where he heard the name and why it was familiar. Not to mention the warning urged him on.

"You're next. Fyrefox."

He frowned as he made his way to the bar and ordered a Butterbeer from Hannah.

She smiled. "Harry! How's everything going?"

"Tiring," he admitted, rubbing the back of his neck. "And you?"

"I'm great. Let me get you that Butterbeer." She moved down to get it for him.

As she did, he turned in his seat to see Neville and Luna in a deep discussion. She leaned over the table, pointing her fork at him. Luna was worked up over something. Weird. He shook his head and noticed Hannah waving her wand, a cloth cleaning the bar.

Harry never would've thought the two of them would get together, but maybe he wasn't the best one to figure who would end up with who. He sighed, took off his glasses and rubbed his face. Merlin, he was in an odd place today. He needed something for this case or he'd start to lose his mind. He was too focused on it. It was all he thought about.

Maybe this whole deal with Robards was a bad idea.

Hannah laid a glass in front of him, and he smiled gratefully. He took a sip.

He should get to talking with Neville. He got to his feet, glass in hand, and started for Neville and Luna when he caught sight of the most beautiful redhead he'd ever seen in his life. The fireplace in the corner set her aflame, and he was mesmerized. It was her, he'd recognize her even she was facing away from him. Ginny. The haunter of his dreams, equally as troublesome as the nightmares. 

He'd recognize her anywhere, and a deep dread filled him when he noticed the man on the other side of her.

Draco Malfoy.

His heart skipped a beat, and he veered towards them when Malfoy noticed him. He said something to her. She looked towards the bar, but Malfoy nodded to the front door and off they went.

Harry's heart dropped when Malfoy laid his hand on Ginny's lower back, winked at Harry over her shoulder, but then they were out the door, two loud cracks following.

A cold bitter feeling in the pit of his stomach spread through him while he reminded himself it wasn't any of his business who Ginny went around with. He'd broken up with her, he'd lied, said things when the Final Battle was finished. But he was still heartbroken watching her with another man. Even worse that it was Malfoy.

But the worst, though, was he had no one else to blame but himself for the pain he was feeling. It was his fault, after all.

*

Ah, Harry sees Ginny for the first time in ages... or that he knows of. And who is she with? Sounds about right. And all that pain poor Harry's dealing with. But he brought it upon himself. And a new job offer for Ginny. What is she going to get? What about the peace offering between the M.o.M and MACUSA? Well, as always, thank you to all my new and old readers. New ones, I hope you're enjoying BAD. Old/re-readers, I love you guys so freaking much. It's because of you this story has reached almost 400k+ reads. I appreciate you so much even if I go radio silent a lot. You're why I keep coming back. You're why BAD is still here, and I plan to keep it going for a few more pieces <3

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

85.6K 782 53
After the War there's cry, after the War there's pain, after the War there's distruction, but after the War there's also hope, there's love, there's...
16.5K 414 35
His past keeps up with him, no matter how hard he keeps the fight with his inner demons. He tries to forget but oblivion doesn't come to those who su...
606K 12.9K 58
It had been too long, why reveal the truth after years? Hermione Granger was believed to be Muggleborn most of her life, till she found out some une...
1.2K 52 13
Harry returns for his final year of Hogwarts, much to his dismay. Ron and Hermione at his side, things have changed and not many people know how to d...