Hidden | Bucky Barnes

By chasingmarvel

"Trust me Barnes, I'm pretty hard not to be attracted to." --- [Bucky Barnes x Female OC] *TRIGGER WARNINGS:... More

cast
act one
prologue
one
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
fifteen
act two
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty one
twenty two
twenty three
twenty four
twenty five
twenty six
act three
twenty seven
twenty eight
twenty nine
thirty
thirty one
thirty two
thirty three
thirty four
thirty five
thirty six
thirty seven
thirty eight
thirty nine
forty
forty two
forty three
forty four
forty five
forty six
forty seven
forty eight
forty nine
fifty

forty one

8K 166 68
By chasingmarvel

•••

Ellie groaned as she felt someone shaking her awake, her eyes fluttered open and she saw Tony and Thor stood above her, looks of relief flooding onto both of their faces.

"Well that was bloody rude." She groaned irritatedly as Tony pulled her up off of the ground.

"Oh thank god. She's fine." Thor sighed as she attempted to brush herself off before giving up and realising that there was no point.

"What the hell happened?"

"After the missiles hit, I grabbed you because you weren't going to be able to protect yourself in time. We can't seem to find the rest of the team. For all we know, they're dead." Tony told her with a sigh, wiping some of the blood from his forehead.

Ellie squinted, desperately looking around for another member of their team. "Steve!" She cried suddenly, running towards the unconscious super-soldier as she spotted him from a distance and collapsing onto her knees beside him. "Come on. Wake up." She muttered hopefully as she shook him awake, much to everyone's relief.

"That's my man." Tony said enthusiastically, dropping Steve's shield to the floor beside him, as the soldier sat up. "You lose this again and I'm giving it to your godchildren as a toy."

"You two didn't look very hard for anyone else did you. I found him in less than a minute." Ellie told them sarcastically as she pulled Steve off the ground with a bit of help from Thor.

"Oh I'm sorry, next time we'll make sure to find Steve before we resuscitate you." Tony replied, raising his eyebrows.

"You resuscitated me?" She clarified in shock. Her heart had stopped beating.

"We had to use point breaks hammer to shock you back to life." Tony smirked but Steve interrupted by asking them what Thanos had been doing.

"Absolutely nothing." Thor informed them gruffly as the four of them reached a ledge that had a clear viewpoint of the Titan.

"Where are the stones?" Steve asked quietly, straining his neck to see if he could find them.

"Don't know why you're asking these two, they're as blind as fucking bats." Eliana mumbled as she looked around.

"Somewhere under all this. All I know is that he doesn't have them." Tony replied honestly, choosing to ignore Ellie's wisecrack.

"So we have to keep it that way." Steve nodded, strapping his shield to his arm.

"You know it's a trap, right?" Ellie confirmed curiously with the three men
who all simply nodded.

"Yeah. And I don't much care." Tony shrugged, the helmet of his suit clamping shut again.

"Good." Thor cracked his neck to each side, "Just as long as we're all in agreement." He nodded holding out both of his hands, summoning Mjölnir and Storm-breaker. In a flash of lightening and a clap of thunder, Thor's casual clothes transformed into his armour and his hair and beard were now tucked neatly into Norse braids. "Let's kill him properly this time."

"That was literally the coolest thing I've ever seen." Ellie muttered in astonishment, chapping her hands together and creating a small ball of fire. The four avengers walked through the debris towards the Titan who sat on a rock with his blade wedged into the ground beside him, his helmet resting on top of it.

"You could not live with your own failure. And where did that bring you? Back to me. I thought by eliminating half of life, the other half would thrive. But you've shown me that's impossible. And as long as there are those that remember what was, there will always be those that are unable to accept what can be. They will resist." Thanos sat calmly before the four of them, his arm resting on his thigh and his chin rested in his palm.

"Yep. We're all kinds of stubborn." Tony replied, glaring at the man who had taken everything from them.

"I'm thankful. Because now, I know what I must do." Thanos nodded his head thoughtfully as he stood up, towering over Ellie and making her feel slightly intimidated. "I will shred this universe down to its last atom." He growled as he placed his helmet onto his head. "And then...With the stones you've collected for me, create a new one. Teeming with life, but knows not what it has lost but only what it has been given." Thor held his hands out causing thunder and lightening to sing and dance around them. "A grateful universe."

"Born out of blood." Steve argued back but the Titan shrugged off his remark.

"They'll never know it. Because you won't be alive to tell them." Thanos shrugged simply, before quickly pulling his blade out of the ground and swinging it at the avengers.

"Here we go." Ellie muttered quietly, taking a deep breath as Thor and Tony ran straight at Thanos.

Ellie slid along the floor, ducking under the sharp blade that grazed her cheek slightly, drawing blood to the surface of her face. She tried to push the blade out of his large hands with her powers but she was no match for him as he swung his arm at her, sending her flying to the ground.

"Okay, Thor. Hit me." She heard Tony yell as she groaned in pain, taking Steve's outstretched hand. Thor smashed Mjölnir and Stormbreaker together, sending a flash of lightening towards Tony, his suit instantly absorbing it. Thanos twirled his blade in a clockwise direction in order to divert the energy that Tony sent towards him. Thor grabbed Stormbreaker in one hand and used it to bat Mjölnir to hit Thanos who quickly grabbed Tony and held him out in front of him as a shield resulting in damage to his suit's system.

"Tony!" Ellie cried out as he was sent flying into a pile of debris. Steve tried to attack Thanos once again, but was easily shielded away by the Mad Titan.

Thor's attack on Thanos was blocked by his sword and he quickly grabbed the God around the neck. Mjolnir was flicked away as Thanos relentlessly beat Thor. Ellie ran towards the giant, leaping up onto a rock and propelling herself into the air using her powers. Her legs collided with his upper body knocking him back momentarily, but he quickly recovered himself and threw Thor away into a tree before grabbing Ellie around her neck and shoving her into the ground.

"You are weak." Thanos growled, punching the woman so hard she felt her cheekbones crunch. The tight grip he had on her neck made it more and more  difficult for her to breathe as the seconds passed.

"Fuck. You." She choked out, if these were her last words she wanted to mean them, and she did.

As Ellie felt the life begin to drain out of her body, she heard the faint 'whoosh' that Mjölnir made as it flew through the air, confusing her as Thor was still down. She lifted her eyes as best as she could, tears spilling down her cheeks as a result of the lack of air.

Steve stood a mere metre away from Thanos, his shield in one hand and Mjölnir in the other.

"I knew it!" She heard Thor shout smugly, as Steve ran at Thanos spinning Mjölnir in a circle to create power.

"Now Tony!" Steve yelled as Mjölnir collided with the titans blade, forcing him to release the tight grip he had on the small woman, allowing her to breathe once again. She felt herself be lifted off of the ground and into Tony's arms who had flown over to her, and then he placed her down gently behind a rock.

"You okay?" He panicked, checking her over for any injuries that weren't obvious.

"I thought I was going to die." She panted, attempting to regain her breath as Steve and Thor fought against Thanos.

"So did we, kid." The Iron man replied with a small sigh of relief.

"You're bleeding." She mentioned weakly, wiping away a drop of blood that rolled down his forehead with the pad of her thumb.

"Yeah, well, so are you." He joked, but quickly stopped laughing as he realised that both Thor and Steve were down, once again. "Stay down." Tony told her quickly as he sprinted towards Thanos.

"Don't have to tell me twice." She groaned to herself, placing her hand on the open wound down her stomach and quickly cauterised it in an attempt to stop the bleeding. "Get up. C'mon get up." Eliana hoped as she looked up over the top of the rock and saw Thor and Tony on the ground and winced as she heard Steve's shield shatter into 3 pieces and he was tossed across the battlefield. Thanos took a few mighty steps towards Steve, raising his arms in triumph as if he was summoning something.

"In all my years of conquest...violence...slaughter... It was never personal. But I'll tell you now... what I'm about to do to your stubborn, annoying little planet... I'm gonna enjoy it. Very, very much."

"Shit." Ellie swore under her breath as Thanos' entire army appeared in front of her, shaking her to her very core. This gigantic army included the Children of Thanos, Chitauri and the Outriders. Upon seeing the army descending on Earth, Steve slowly got back on his feet and with a fierce determination, he tightened his broken shield to his arm and stood against Thanos' giant army alone. Ellie managed to pull herself up off of the ground and stumble over to Steve, standing beside him. The two best friends shared a glance before Steve spoke up.

"El, you have to leave." He pleaded as she readied herself.

"I'm not leaving you to die Steve." She growled, although she wanted to leave, she wouldn't. Eliana wanted nothing more than go home, well not home, her home for the last five year's had just been blown up. She wanted nothing more than to see her children, her husband, because they were her home.

"We're going to die." Steve mumbled taking one of her hands in his free one, and squeezing it.

"I know." She whispered her reply through the tears that threatened to spill down her face. "It's okay, everyone will be okay once..." Ellie stopped halfway through her sentence as her earpiece began to crackle as if it was picking up a signal.

"Hey, Cap, El, you read me?" Ellie let out a muffled sound of joy as the two battered and bruised heroes heard a voice that they hadn't heard in over five years, a voice they missed dearly. Steve looked around trying to work out where they were whilst Ellie kept her eyes locked on Thanos who stood smugly in front of them, his army ready and raring to go behind him.

"It's Sam. Can you hear me?"

Ellie smirked at the Titan as a yellow portal began to form behind them. They were back.

"On your left." Sam reminded them of the past, using Steve's words against him as he flew through the portal and landed beside them.

Ellie watched in awe as the whole Wakandan army, Doctor Strange with his mass of Masters of the Mystic Arts, the remaining members of the Guardians of the Galaxy, all the Asguardians, Peter, Sam, T'Challa and Wanda all stood out of the shining dimensions. Happy tears fell down her face as an enlarged Ant-man burst through the ground with a rescued Rhodey, Rocket, Pietro and Bruce in hand. Clint too stood beside Bruce, the red gauntlet tucked safely under his arm for protection. Even Pepper, who was clad in the blue armour that Eliana has helped Tony build for his wife had landed on the ground beside Tony and Thor who were now back on their feet.

"He's here." Steve muttered to Ellie as they readied to fight, "I've just seen him." He was back. After five years she finally had her husband back. She had began to panic when she didn't see him come through any of the portals, but now she knew that they stood on the same ground once again she felt a huge weight be lifted off of her shoulders.

"Then lets do this." She nodded nervously, safely tucking Bucky's wedding ring under her suit so not to loose it.

"Avengers!" Ellie shouted powerfully above the noise, bringing silence over the large group of people. Mjölnir flew into Steve's hand as he summoned it and Ellie grabbed the hand gun out of the holster that was strapped to her thigh, already feeling drained from using her powers. Eliana glanced over at the super soldier and gave him a reassuring nod that told him what he needed to say. They were going to do it. Everyone had finally returned. She wouldn't lose any of them. Not again. She took the safety off of her gun as Steve finished what she had started.

"...assemble."

- - -

Sorry you've had to wait for this, was very busy over Christmas!! Exciting things to come as the book nears its end ahh. Kinda never want it to end, but when falcon and the winter soldier comes out I might add bits from that on the end.

Thanks for reading and I hope you enjoy lads💓

2216 words xx

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

122K 2.7K 101
[complete!] "π˜πŽπ” π‘π„π€πƒπ˜?" "𝐀𝐒 𝐈'𝐋𝐋 𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐑 𝐁𝐄." 𝐉ames "Bucky" Barnes had been lost for a very, very long time. He didn't know what i...
5K 277 17
𝐁𝐀𝐓𝐓𝐋𝐄 πŽπ… πƒπ‘π„π€πŒπ’ *SLOW UPDATES* ❝In which a little girl is cursed by the people she once trusted, and is forced to save the world. All...
364K 8.8K 145
A Captain America Romance. πŸ₯€ Melanie has a dark, unknown void in her past. It ultimately leads her into a position with S.H.I.E.L.D. As a new threat...
35.2K 973 26
'𝘣𝘢𝘡 𝘸𝘩𝘒𝘡 π˜ͺ𝘴 𝘨𝘳π˜ͺ𝘦𝘧 π˜ͺ𝘧 𝘯𝘰𝘡 𝘭𝘰𝘷𝘦 𝘱𝘦𝘳𝘴𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳π˜ͺ𝘯𝘨?' ...