The Life of Leah Clearwater (...

By Thewordsofthephoenix

We wondered what had happened, once the Volturi were confronted. Well six years later, Leah, and Hunter are t... More

Introduction
Chapter 1 - I've made amends, well some at least.
Chapter 2 - If only you knew what I'd gone through.
Chapter 3 - A broken wrist, and blue lines.
Chapter 4 - Disappointment. Honesty, and what have I done?
Chapter 5 - No longer a threat.
Chapter 6 - Just a typical Sunday
Chapter 7 - Valentine's Day
Chapter 8 - We're living our lives. Nothing exciting.
Chapter 9 - Well I passed with a 4.0
Chapter 10 - Updates and nothing more
Chapter 11 - Volturri Dreams Baby Marry Me?
Chapter 12 - Impromptu wedding, and pregnancy
Chapter 13 - It's life. Just take the hand you're dealt.
Chapter 14 - A mouthful, and a handful of emotions.
Chapter 15 - Imprint isn't your typical relationship word.
Chapter 16 - Surprises aren't always a happy moment
Chapter 17 - Grapes are a girls best friend
Chapter 18 - So what's the plan?
Chapter 19 - Giggles, and thrills
Chapter 20 - Seattle and Romanians all in one weekend.
Chapter 21 - What doesn't Jake know?
Chapter 22 - Enough surprises.
Chapter 23 - Two Pink Lines
Chapter 24 - Thanksgiving dinner I'll pass.
Chapter 25 - 8 weeks and 2 days
Chapter 26 - It's called Hyperemesis Gravidarum.
Chapter 27 - I now pronounce you...
Chapter 28 - Marriage is a Pisa of Cake
Chapter 29 - Pisa is breathtaking in many ways.
Chapter 29B - All eyes on her Volturi on me
Chapter 30 - Amazing you confront the guard, but run upon seeing us.
Chapter 31 - Um... did she just?
Chapter 32 - Oh yeah... She did
Chapter 33 - Intrigue
Chapter 33B - Letters, visitors and hurt
Chapter 34 - Curiosity gets the better of enigma.
Chapter 35 - Ghosts and Revelations!!!
Chapter 36 - A shock, a slap, a little too much of that?
Chapter 37 - Fuzzy Electricity
Chapter 38 - Daydream
Chapter 39 - Nightmare
Chapter 40 - It's time
Chapter 42 - Our first day home
Chapter 43 - Paris, France
Chapter 44 - Runaway Vampire
Chapter 45 - Being truthful is terrifying
Chapter 46 - Shots, and Panic
Chapter 47 - Premptive "Happy" Halloween
Chapter 48 - Turkeys in the oven, and in my family.
Chapter 49 - Black Friday, and Monday's Relief
Chapter 50 - Christmas Eve
Chapter 51 - Christmas Day
Chapter 52 - End of the old year
Chapter 53 - Fire and ashes
Chapter 54 - Looks like it, we can finally breathe.
Chapter 55 - It's for business. I'll be back soon.
Chapter 56 - Stay safe sweetheart.
Chapter 57 - Aro I'm declining your offer
Chapter 58 - Soul mates. When two souls, are perfect mates.
Chapter 59 - A shred of hope
Chapter 60 - The Final chapter to this book

Chapter 41 - Delivery

758 10 4
By Thewordsofthephoenix

"She's resting. She's only at two centimeters." Hunter walked out to the waiting area. He rubbed his forehead.

"Active labor has been six hours now?" Charlie asked.

Hunters voice was concerned, "Her water broke at eight thirty this evening. Contractions weren't too long after. It's what now?" Hunter asked.

"Two thirty in the morning." Jasper answered.

"I've left a message at the school that I won't be in today. Someone will cover the final."

Edward smirked, "Usually it's the kids anxious to get out on the last day. Hunter smiled.

I'm just passing reception, the guard tries talking to me, "not now, not ever." I continue to the lift, I can't wait, instead I run at human pace to the delivery ward, had to go home to change, Fred is meeting me later today, I spy Edward, Charlie and Hunter, I wave.

Edward smiled, "She's only two centimeters."

Charlie smiled, "Hi Ara." Hunter barely looked up.

"Hi guys," I take Hunter down the hall, "I know you're frightened, so are we, she's in good hands," hugging him, "sometimes it's out of our hands, rest assured they'll both be good, all of this labour will be worth it."

He hugged her, "Will she need a c-section?" He looked down at her.

"At this moment in time, no," I smile, "she might need it, to help but I doubt it."

Hunter nodded, "That's good. They said an epidural at four centimeters."

"She will need it, and she will need you." I nod.

Hunter looked at Ara, "It's like a piece of her is missing."

"After what she has been through, yes, there is a piece missing, soon she will find it again, she may never be quite the same but she will find that missing piece or make a new one." I wink.

Hunter smiled, "I just want her happy."

"Time," I pat his hand, "time, after adjusting and adapting, she should feel more comfy and so be more content."

Hunter looked at Ara, "She won't have postpartum right?"

Sue walked over, "She's suffering from some blues now."

"It's more common than you think," looking at Sue, "she's right, it's gonna take time, I will run the bookshop for a while, if you like? It'd take pressure off you both."

Hunter nodded, "That would be helpful. Maybe Stefan, and Fred could help also."

Sue looked at Ara, "She's been crying."

Hunter added, "A lot."

"Oh trust me, I'll rope Fred and Travis in ha ha, Stefan is on a business venture," I look between them,"want me to go talk with her?"

Hunter nodded.

Sue smiled at Hunter, "She can have liquids. How about some juice, and coffee for you."

Charlie came over, "Want me to go with you?"

Hunter shrugged.

"Why don't you. Maybe get her some flowers." My mom suggested. Hunter perked up a little hearing that.

"Good idea, I'll go in for a while," Ara smiled, and headed into the room. I see Carlisle and Lucas, "Hi," I walk over to Leah, "So, all this," I point, "magic, you can talk if you wish or I can sit here and stay with you. Your choice sis."

I looked at Ara, and try to stifle another onset of tears. Lucas walked over, and patted my shoulder, "Easy ok." Carlisle looked Ara, and smiled.

I wrap an arm around her, "Go on let it out, may as well," smiling, "it's only natural."

I start to cry, "It's all wrong.

"What is all wrong?" She asked gently.

"He's being born to the wrong person. I can't be a good mom." I start to cry even harder, admittig how I feel.

"How do you know? All mothers to be go through this, they ask exactly the same, all I tell them is do your best, cherish each moment, no one can ask more of you or any new parent, it is an adventure."

I hold onto Ara's hand, and continue to cry. I'm already exhausted.

"I know all this is exhausting, you've been through so much," kissing the top of her head, "you can do this, take one step at a time, when you can relax, do, we are all here for you."

Lucas walked over, "I don't mean to add more discomfort, but can we see if any progress has been made?"

"Want me to stay? Or step out?" I ask both Leah and Lucas.

I whisper, "Stay." Lucas smiled.

Carlisle moved to the top of the bed by my head, and held my hand, "Esme went to see if she can get you some ice chips." I nodded. Lucas was quiet, and it was uncomfortable.

"He's moved down a little. She's at two still." He covered me back up, and washed his hands.

That's when he looked at Carlisle. My adoptive father looked at me, "Alright we're waiting. It's quarter to three. If by five o'clock there's no progression, they need to start pitocin." I shook my head. "Your blood pressure is slightly elevated, and it's for overall safety." Lucas stepped out, and in came Christine.

"I'm here to start an IV." I felt defeated. I pictured Joan's statue in France. She went in, showing no fear, but knew what could come. Then I saw Ara.

"Okay, I have my orders I stay," smiling, I listen to the conversation going on, "you're in safe hands, they know what they're doing, they have you and Sebastian as top priority," the woman starts messing about starting an IV, I think back to the time when my heart was driven by freedom, fear never entered my mind, that was the day I was wounded by an arrow, Leah stares at me, "trooper." I kiss her hand.

I nod, looking at her, "Should have stayed home." Christine finally got it started, and hung the bag of fluid. I knew what happened when women had epidurals. You were at the mercy of a catheter, no using the bathroom on your own. What if it didn't work.

Carlisle stroked my hand gently, "I know, and listen, I will step out." I looked up at him, "No difference. You'll be here for the delivery." He smiled, "Only if you wish me to be." I nodded, and felt a bit woozy.

"If we had stayed at your house, it could have been more dangerous." Listening to the conversation, looking up at Carlisle I smile, the drugs must be kicking in.

He mouthed, "No drugs, Jasper."

I grumbled, "No epidural."

Carlisle sighed, "Sweetheart, in case they have to do a c-section."

"Ah, I see," I feel empathy for Leah, "it might happen, best to be safe than sorry." I shrug my shoulders.

Carlisle got down to my eye level, "I swear on my life, I will keep you, and everyone safe. The epidural is uncomfortable, and yes somewhat painful. It's unfair, and limits you to the bed, but once he's born, you'll be rid of everything."

"That's gonna be a huge task, especially when Emmett and I get together," I laugh trying to make light of the subject, "agreed, when this is over it will be worth it and I also swear to do my up most to keep you all safe."

I closed my eyes, and listened to the beeping of the monitor. The blood pressure cuff would tighten up, then slowly release every so often. "They're starting the antibiotic now to combat the fever." Carlisle spoke.

A warm hand was against my stomach, "He's quiet right now." Hunters voice was tired.

"He's probably resting up, just like his mom." Ara smiled.

"It's four thirty eight. He'll be back soon." My mom spoke.

"So they'll just run it through her IV, and then what?" Charlie's voice was shaky.

"It will kick start the contractions. She'll become more uncomfortable. Then hopefully her body will repsond properly, and she'll start dialating. He's already paged anesthesia. They're just waiting." Carlisle spoke quietly.

"She said she didn't want the epidural." Hunter was protesting slightly.

Lucas walked back in, "So I want to do a quick exam. She's asleep, so let's wake her up a little. We have the pitocin ready."

Hunter gently stroked my cheek, "Baby I hate to wake you, but Dr. Martin wants to examine you."

Charlie, turned slightly red, and my mom took his hand and slipped into the hall. Carlisle, and Esme followed as well.

"Deep breath Leah." He quietly checked.

I squeezed Hunters hand, "This one's really strong." Ara held my other hand.

"Breath ok. Smell the roses, and blow out the candle." She smiled, and watched the monitor.

Lucas nodded to Christine, who attached the pitocin to the iv, and started it. Hunter sighed, and rubbed my knuckles with his thumb.

"Don't I get a say. I'm a nurse. I know what's going on. This is my body. This is my delivery." I was upset.

Christine started to put my bed back up.

Once he'd washed again, and I was covered; Lucas sat on the edge of my bed. He gently placed his hand on my thigh, "You know, as well as myself I don't want to do this. Leah you're at three centimeters. Your contractions are every three minutes. Your blood pressure is one fourty three over ninety one. The longer he stays in there, the more stress we're putting on him, and you. The pitocin will kickstart labor, and we'll get the ball rolling." He smiled at me.

"You have one hell of a smug smile. You think because you're a doctor, you can call the shots on my body. GET OUT NOW!" I barked at him.

He stood up, and looked at me, "You know it's for the best. I'm sorry you're angry. I will come back and check on you shortly." He walked out, shutting the door behind him.

Christine cleaned up, and washed her hands, "Can I get you anything?" She asked smiling.

"Out of my room would be a great place to start." I glared at her.

Hunter looked at me, "Leah!"

I whipped my head towards him, "You too. Not like you're going to miss anything. Everyone get out NOW!"

That's what they did. I was left sitting there. I could take the IV out myself. I could sign myself out AMA, Against Medical Advice. I was angry. I was scared. I was ill prepared. No where in those stupid pregnancy books, do they ever tell you the truth. You feel as though your life is being stripped away from you. Your last few hours of being child free, are spent in a bed hooked up to various tubes, and monitors. I wasn't sure what I wanted. I was thrilled to be a mom, but at what cost. Something was going on, and it was scary. For once other people called the shots. It wasn't in my hands. I'd passed the ball to the other team, and it was their turn to make the moves.

"Hunter?" My mom looked up as he walked out of the room with Ara.

He walked down the hall, and to the waiting area where the rest of the family was. The eyes were on him.

"She kicked us all out. She blew up on Dr. Martin, then Christine. Then Hunter, and I." Ara rubbed herarms, unsure of what anyone could do at this point.

I put my bed down, and turning onto my side. I looked out the window, and it was dark. Rain started pelting against the window. The pitocin took to work, and the first contraction was a lot harder, and I gripped the side rail of the bed. I tried to breath through it, but it seemed as though it would last forever. I started to cry, and whimper. I was so cruel to those I loved, I couldn't tell Hunter this didn't feel right. Jesus it was what we've waited for all this time.

The next round of contractions, were becoming more, and more unbearable. "I'm not usually, um good with this stuff. I get squeamish, and I uh.' Charlie's voice was beside me. He stood there, and took my hand in his. "Squeeze as hard as you need to." He leaned over, and placed a soft kiss on my forehead. "It's hard when we can't be honest with how we feel. We're afraid of hurting those we love. Sweetie we hurt them more so, if we don't say anything at all."

I whimpered, "Dad I'm not ready. It's not a matter of, every women feels this way. I'm not ready."

He looked up at the ceiling, like advice might just fall out. "We're never ready for anything. We can prepare until it actually happens, and we'll still notice how things should have been done different." I nearly crushed his hand when the next contraction started, "Damn it. Carlisle, someone." he called out, offering both of his hands.

Carlisle came in quickly, "What is it?" He moved briskly, and started looking at the monitors. "The pitosin is working. Her labor is becoming more active now. This is why we were pushing for an epidural. They're only going to get worse. It won't take away the pain, but should help ease it." Carlisle felt around on my stomach, "They're much stronger. I'm going to speak with Lucas, and let him know. Do you want them to come back in? The family is waiting. I know it's a lot of people."

I looked at Charlie, and nodded, "I need them."

Charlie nodded, "Yes please. Thank you Carlisle."

I closed my eyes, and Charlie remained by my side. Hunter came back over, and kissed me, "I'm not angry with you. I know you're going through a lot, and feeling all sorts of things. I'm here to supoort you, no mattter what happens." Charlie let go of my hand, and Hunter took it in his. He looked at me with those beautiful blue eyes of his.

The other's filed in. Alice, Jasper, Edward, Bella, Rose, and Emmett. Carlise, and Esme came in with Ara, and Leslie, She came over beside Hunter, "How strong scale of 1-10." She felt my stomach, and watched.

"I, I will say," I cringed, "eight."

She nodded, "Ok. So you're not peaking yet." She rubbed my hip, and that provided some relief. "Try and sleep ok. I know it's hard, but you need it." I closed my eyes, and the soft whispers, helped ease me off the edge and into a light sleep.

"Would they wake her for an epidural?" Hunter asked watching me with concern.

"Sometimes they do. If she's sleeping peacefully, they'd rather let her sleep." Leslie answered.

I'm awoken some time later, by a painful contraction, that takes my breath away. "Page anesthesia to her room now." Lucas's voice is in the room. "Alright Leah. I need to examine you again. Everyone stepped out." I tried looking around. "Hunter, Ara, and Leslie are here. Your mom is waiting in the hall ok." I nodded. "You've progressed to four centimeters. We have anesthesia coming ok. You're in so much discomfort."

After the epidural, I was carefully laid back down. I didn't feel much relief. My legs were heavy, and now I felt just more pressure then before. I was a combination of feelings. The easiest thing to do, close my eyes and slip away.

She's resting now. Just keep it quiet." Ara spoke, stroking my hair.

"It was very hard. The contractions decided to come more rapidly as they did it." Hunter spoke quietly.

Then it hit me, "Basin quickly." Lucas spoke quickly. After twenty minutes of being violently ill, I laid back down shivering.

"Get the epidural. It will help. It's not done a damn thing. This is a baby, who's part wolf. Instead of contractions, the pressure is agonizing. Now I'm sick." I'd been in labor for over twenty four hours. I was just tired because we had stalled.

Lucas looked at me, "Anesthesia is coming, they're going to check the epidural. I'm also giving you some compazine to help. We have to wait it out. I have Erica bringing in some heating pads to help as well."

I looked at him, and my lip quivered.

"Oh Leah. I'm sorry. I know it's so much to take in. Being a nurse yourself makes it much harder. He's doing ok, and your fever has broken, so it's better to just wait it out. I've stopped the pitocin. You're going to have contractions still. I'm giving him time to work down." I looked at him nodding. He smiled at me, "Try and rest."

Several hours had passed it was well after midnight. The lights were dim, and Hunter had dozed off. The others sat quietly, talking softly, or reading. My mom, and dad were quietly watching me. Alice looked at Edward, he nodded and she proceeded to make her way over to me.

"Hi beautiful." Her small stature, looked so big at the moment.

I smiled a little, "Hey Pixie."

She stroked my face along my hairline. "He's absolutely breathtaking Leah. He's a perfect clone of you, and Hunter." She smiled. That's when the words poured from her soul. "Leah I was a child when I was turned. I'd been an outcast for so long. Nobody listened to me, and what I was saying. I know how you feel right now. I've seen all this. Lucas is right on course. Please trust me. This is how it was supposed to be." I looked her, and she smiled. "Now can I join you?" I looked at her, she carefully climbed up on the bed with me. She laid beside me, and touched my stomach.

This song reminds me of you, and I think you need to hear it at this very moment.

I remember tears streaming down your face
When I said, "I'll never let you go"
When all those shadows almost killed your light
I remember you said, "Don't leave me here alone"
But all that's dead and gone and passed tonight

Just close your eyes
The sun is going down
You'll be alright
No one can hurt you now
Come morning light
You and I'll be safe and sound

Don't you dare look out your window, darling,
Everything's on fire
The war outside our door keeps raging on
Hold on to this lullaby
Even when music's gone
Gone

Just close your eyes
The sun is going down
You'll be alright
No one can hurt you now
Come morning light
You and I'll be safe and sound

Oooh, Oooh, Oooh, Oooh
La La (La La)
La La (La La)
Oooh, Oooh, Oooh, Oooh
La La (La La)

Just close your eyes
You'll be alright
Come morning light,
You and I'll be safe and sound...

Oooh, oooh, oooh, oooh oh oh.

I hadn't realized who Alice was. She whispered softly, "I would love to be a mother. Have children with Jasper, but it's not meant to be. You're meant to be a mother. Even though it feels wrong, it's right." Skissed my forehead, and stayed with me until I fell asleep.

"It's four thirty in the morning. She's stirring." Hunter started to become alarmed.

"What is it?" Esme asked concerned.

"This is the time usually the dreams start happening." He held my hand quietly.

Alice had moved once I'd fallen asleep, and was curled up on Jaspers lap. Edward looked out the window, and Bella read a book.

Carlisle looked at the monitor, and hit the nurses call button. Lucas came in swiftly, along with Erica, and several other nurses. The room cleared out of family. Except for our parents, Hunter, and Ara. "She's at ten centimeters." The bustle of the room, alerted me it was time.

"Leah, it's time Hun." Ara's soothing voice was by my ear.

I felt it now, the contractions were on top of one another. They gave me a booster, to help ease discomfort. The bed was broken down, and I looked at Hunter. Charlie kissed my forehead, "Kiddo I need to step out. I can't be in here." I smiled, "Go get me a coffee please." Charlie grinned, "With pleasure." He left the room.

It was time, "Leah Hun push." Everyone was helping. My mom, and Esme stayed still as statues watching. Hunter, Ara, and Carlisle were my coaches. "Let's get her some oxygen" Lucas called out. "Leah three pushes at most I promise." That was it. Three pushes, and my body was done. A soft cry, filled the room. Emmett's voice could be heard, "That's my nephew." Hunter kissed me, and I laid there crying.

I was brought a small bundle, of dark hair, and blue eyes. "Hi buddy." Hunter smiled, "Your mom is right here. So is Auntie Ara, and your grandmas, and grandpa." I kissed his forehead, "You're really here." Lucas smiled, "Yes he is. He needs a bath, and you could probably use a shower, and get dressed into some pj's." I nodded. My mom smiled, "I will go to the nursery and watch ok?" I nodded.

We were in my room. They'd moved us, and the family filed in. "He looks so much like both of you." Bella smiled.

"Mmm" I pushed the food away, and layed down.

"What is it?" Hunter asked.

"I'm nauseated. Plus it hurts." I curled up.

Carlisle spoke softly, "Nausea is from the left over anesthesia. You'll be sore for several days. We can get you some pain relief." He covered me up.

The nurse came in, and did my vitals. Some pain relief, and some compazine were given to me. I whispered to Hunter, "Sorry for the outburst."

He smiled, "No hard feelings." He kissed me, and I finally was able to sleep.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

42.3K 621 41
Life After Twilight Renesmee is all grown Up In love with Jacob Black Her two friends by her side Seth Clearwater finds an Imprint do they still face...
288K 10K 55
Pandora had lost everything with her father's death. Her friends, the support of her mother and sister, and her home in Seattle. Her mother decided i...
25 0 17
Leah Clearwater finally finds her imprint, as told by Oliver himself from his early pre teen years to his death bed.
361 16 6
Daughter of Sue Clearwater and siblings to Leah and Seth, Nova is just a normal girl with a hidden life. Slowly things unfold for her, and she finds...