Shift βœ”οΈ

By bearjordan

Edited Version Available on Amazon!!! β˜ΊοΈπŸ‘πŸ» Shift - A Vampire Romance by Kayla Jordan 1 in Shapeshifter 3... More

Tell Me - 1
The Passenger - 1.1
I'm Stuck - 2
Strange Boy - 2.1
Into The Black - 3
The Judge - 3.1
Patience - 4
Like it's Over - 5
Lights Out - 5.1
Wild Sun - 5.2
Number One - 6
We Don't Know - 6.1
Good Days - 7
Innocent - 7.1
Shovels & Dirt - 8
Mirrors - 8.1
Lost Boy - 9
All Night - 9.1
I Wanna Know You - 9.2
Use Somebody - 9.3
Machine - 10
La Vie En Rose - 10.1
Fireflies - 10.2
Safe - 11
So Much More Than This - 12
End of the Day - 12.1
There's Nothing Holding Me Back - 12.2
Thunder - 13
Safe and Sound - 13.1
River - 13.2
Girls Like You - 14
A Million Dreams - 14.1
Centuries - 14.2
I'm Gonna Be 14.3
NOT A CHAPTER - PLEASE READ THOUGH!!!
Pompeii - 15
Sweet Creature - 15.1
Never Gonna Let You Down - 15.2
Indiana Jones - 16
From the Dining Table - 16.1
This is Me - 16.2
With You - 17
In Betweenin' - 17.1
I will follow you into the dark - 17.2
Two Ghosts - 17.3
Somewhere Only We Know - 18
Safe With You - 18.1
Memories - 18.2
Another Place - 18.3
The Next Right Thing - 19
Get Up, Get On - 19.1
Go - 19.2
NEW STORY - the price of a soul
THE EDITED VERSION OF SHIFT IS NOW ON AMAZON!!!!
Announcement!! SHIFT 2

A Drop in The Ocean - 17.4

3.9K 175 16
By bearjordan

Jace's POV

The two dead bodies lay on the floor at my feet. Their necks snapped. We would burn the bodies along with the rest of them. Vampire's bodies should be burned after killing them. It saves any chance of them coming back.

I had thought killing Vampires would feel wrong, but I did not feel any sympathy at all for killing these men. They did not deserve sympathy.

My heart did hurt thinking of the war that was brewing. Most of us had been through one before and we can all confirm it was brutal. It was useless hoping for another path but I could not help it at this moment.

My mind had been easily swayed and my father, Ezekial, is the greedy bastard that started the first war. However, not everyone has an Annabelle to change their minds.

I know this won't be changed by words. This will have to end in blood. My fathers, or mine.

I guess I didn't even notice Annabelle leave the room, because when I looked around for her, to comfort her, or for her to comfort me (I wasn't sure which), I couldn't see her. With all of this blood around me, I couldn't smell her.

"She is with Elizabeth, Jace, it is okay," Franklin spoke calmly, as if to a spooked animal.

Before I knew it, I was swinging open Elizabeth's office door revealing Annabelle and Elizabeth having a very serious conversation. A conversation that they did not look like they were going to readily share. Before I knew it, I was cradling a sobbing girl in my arms and trying to decipher what Annabelle and Elizabeth had been talking about.

I know it has something to do with the reason Elizabeth is suddenly leaving, I am not an idiot, I can tell when someone is trying to deceive me, it was something I was trained for. Despite how horrible my father is, he wanted me prepared. Prepared to fight beside him, or more likely, for him. To be smart in battle and wits.

Once in our room, I sat Annabelle and myself on the bed. I hoped she would be honest with me, "Can you tell me what's wrong? I know what happened was a lot but you need to talk about it."

She shook her head and continued to cry. I sighed in frustration. There was no way I was getting her to tell me anything tonight. It upset me that she wasn't going to confide in me. I thought she trusted me... however, I would not let this ruin us. We are stronger than this. If she needs me to be there for her in other ways tonight, I will help her in whatever way I can.

"Okay, can I run you a bath then?"

"Yes." She croaked. It broke my heart to see her struggling.

I nodded, happier with having something to do.

I ran her a bath while she sat on the bathroom counter, her head hung low. I tried to ignore the fact she was sitting in just her underwear. She was beautiful in every state of despair.

"It's going to be okay Annabelle." I did not know if it was true.

"Ok," she said sadly. She didn't believe me.

I helped her off the counter and into the bath. She leaned into the water.

I slid down on the floor beside the bathtub. I did not know when things were going to be okay again. When things could be normal. But when had things ever been normal with us before? Maybe this was our normal.

She fell asleep in the bath. I made sure her hair was washed and she was smelling like herself, not of the horrors she just witnessed. I was careful to keep her modesty. Despite my deepest desires for her, this was not the time.

I woke her up so she could groggily put on dry pyjamas and made sure her hair was dry enough so she could sleep comfortably.

Once she was back in the warm bed, she was instantly back asleep.

I left the room silently, looking for the solace of my own.

I found Flynn waiting for me in the hallway.

"Hello, cousin."

I nodded at him in acknowledgement. He walked in pace with me. I don't know where we were headed just yet. It was around 6 AM at this point, the day had broken so outside was a bad option. The Vampires had attacked around 4 AM, at the end of the day for them.

Time was getting more and more confusing as we moved around. Species operate with different timeframes, which makes me wonder if we are all just too different to operate as a proper society. I was a prince, however, which meant I was used to changing my times around. It was just, before, I had a schedule.

We wandered the large manor aimlessly.

Flynn broke the silence. I knew he would eventually.

"So, Elizabeth is gone. What is the plan?"

I sighed. "First I needed to make sure Annabelle was alright, I haven't had a chance to think about that yet."

Flynn frowned. "You can't be her everything you know. Give her a chance to breathe."

We continued down the hallways, turning where it felt natural.

Silence.

"I can't lose her. Not now."

Flynn understood. I had already lost so much. She had already lost so much.

"We are going into a war, you need to prepare for the worst-case scenarios. You may be gone... or she may be gone."

"If she has gone, don't expect me to be around either." I meant it too. I would die protecting her. She had given my life a new purpose. I understand, rationally, that I need to be around to change things for the better. But, without her, what's the point?

"Let's just focus on what we can control then. Plan of attack. I think we need to go with the original plan. I believe it still our best bet."

I nodded. "I agree, but we have to be prepared, and we have to go when we have the highest chance of listeners. I say we sneak in before sunset. It will be risky for the vampires, but probably our easiest way in. We broadcast after sunset. The majority should be awake at that point. We want people to hear us. Our opposition, and our allies."

Flynn nodded.

Then I heard Annabelle scream.

I sprinted down the hallway, Flynn hot on my heels.

Bursting into the room, I saw Annabelle, sitting up on the bed, her eyes completely white, as if possessed.

She blinked and her eyes turned to her normal cat-like colour.

"My brother. I saw him. He is still alive, and he is coming." She was gasping. Her face regained colour as she had looked ghostly pale a second ago.

"Coming?" Asked Flynn, horror written across his face.

"Yes," said Annabelle, smiling slightly. "With help."

-----

Does anyone remember Kyle? Well, here he is. We will be formally meeting him in the next chapter. Maybe find out a little more about who Annabelle really is!

ONLY 31 MORE DAYS UNTIL 2020. 

My main goal right now is to have this book finished before 2020. Only would have taken me 3 years then... lol.

How you guys doing?

Vote!! Comment!!!

Kayla

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

157K 8.3K 41
β–ͺβ–ͺβ–ͺ They spent 3000 nights watching each other from afar. Both plagued by a sense of longing towards the other, girl and wolf. Stuck, on opposite s...
93.3K 4.2K 54
Ayn is a witch with healing powers. Shapeshifters have killed her parents and the only animals she cannot speak with are wolves. When she graduates...