"One Night Stand"

By gayle2019

After Summer experienced her first heartbreak, she & Dylan meet for the first time. Dylan's quiet & simple li... More

"The First One Night Stand"
"The Fall"
"Second Night Stand"
"Making a Move"
"Caught the Love Bug"
"Fun & Games"
"Mistakes"
"Dylan the Magnificent"
"The Past, Present & Future"
"My Remedy"
"Healing"
"Serena"
"Sisterhood"
"I'm Ready"
"Last Notice"
"The Car Wash"
"I'm Positive"
"Atta Boy!"
"Home"
"Summer of 2013"
"When Samuel Met Dylan"
"Friends? Friends."
"Brian, the Witness"
"Summer Nora Harper"
"The Tie Breaker"
"Grateful"
"I Love Summer"
"Lingerie Shopping"
"Climax"
"Reginald & Jane"
"The Christmas Tree"
"Ice Try"
"New Opportunities"
"Good-bye Sex"
"Phone Sex"
"Michelle"
"Visitors"
"Your Father"
"Summer's Dream"
"Iowa"
"The Blizzard"
"Virginia Bound"
"Never Have I Ever"
"Devon Marshall"
"Take Care of Her For Me"
"Sadness into Strength"
"Memorial Service pt.1"
"Memorial Service pt.2"
"Dust to Dust"
"Returning the Key"
"The Letter & The List"

"Miles Away"

81 3 0
By gayle2019

Jay: She still hasn't eaten anything & she hasn't left her room. She's been in there all day.
Grandma: Her one & only parent just passed away. What do you expect from her?

Serena sensed the tension between Grandma & Jay & interrupted.

Serena: Ok, why don't I go & talk to her?

Jay nodded. Grandma walked out & into her room.
Jay went up with Serena & stood by Summer's door to hear the conversation. Serena walked in with a plate of cookies. She noticed the tray of uneaten food & untouched water. Summer looked a mess.

Serena: Hey sis, I just baked theses they're oatmeal raisin.
Summer: No thanks.
Serena: May I?

Summer nodded to allow Serena to sit on her bed.

Summer: Dylan hasn't called me back or returned any of my messages.
Serena: I'm sure he's fine. He's probably out of cellphone range or his phone might be out of battery?
Summer: It's just that... I really need him now. I wish he was here.
Serena: I know.
Summer: And... Why did he have to leave?
Serena: Wasn't this a planned family trip?
Summer: I'm not talking about Dylan. I'm talking about my dad. Why did my dad leave me?

Summer broke down & laid her head into Serena's lap. Jay poked his head & looked at Summer. Serena looked at Jay with a worried look. Jay remained outside the room. Serena stroked Summer's tangled hair.

Serena: You know, when I left my parents' home & came to find you, that was one of the hardest things I've ever done. But when we met & when you helped me, I knew from that point on that I wouldn't be alone. Summer, you've helped me come out of a dark place in my life. And I may not completely understand all that you're going through, but I know I want to be here for you.

Summer lifted her head up, wiped her tears & tucked her hair behind her ear. Her eyes were swollen from all the crying. Her nose was red & her the rest of her face pale.

Summer: Thank you, Serena.

Just then, Summer's phone started buzzing. She picked it up & didn't recognize the number.

Serena: It might be Dylan.
Summer nodded & answered the call.
Summer: Hello?
Dylan: Baby, it's me. I called as soon as I could. My phone died & we're completely out of cellphone range. I'm so so sorry...
Serena walked out of Summer's room & closed the door.
Jay: So?
Serena: I think she'll be fine now that Dylan called.

Serena headed downstairs & Jay lingered at the top of the stairs.

Serena: Coming down?
Jay turned to look at Summer's door.
Jay: Yeah.
Jay reluctantly followed Serena back downstairs.

Summer cried as she explained everything to Dylan. Dylan felt helpless as he was miles away from Summer during this time.

Dylan: I wanna be there for you, Summer. I'll be there, ok.
Summer: Ok.
Dylan: I'll call you back, ok? I love you so much!
Summer: I love you, Dylan...

They both hung up. Summer fell asleep.

Serena: She's on the phone with Dylan.
Grandma: Oh good. Maybe he can come home. I think that's just what she needs.
Jay: You think he's gonna make it?
Grandma: Well, I know he's gonna try.
Jay: Where's he at?
Serena: Visiting family in Iowa.
Jay: I heard there are blizzards in Iowa. Not sure if those are the best traveling conditions.
Grandma: Jay, it's getting late. I think you should probably get going?
Jay: Is it ok if I say bye to Summer first?
Grandma: Don't wake her if she's sleeping. She needs her rest.
Jay: Ok.

Jay walked up the steps & noticed the crack under the door that it was dark in Summer's room. He quietly knocked before he entered. She was still laying on her bed. Jay whispered goodnight & walked out.

Dylan talked to his dad about going back to Washington to be there for Summer.

Dylan: Look, dad I know this is all bad timing, but I really need to be there for Summer. She's not doing well. It kills me that I can't be there for her right now.
Dyxon: Son, I completely understand. Everything is closed now. Tomorrow we'll look at plane tickets & see what we can do.
Dylan: Ok.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

54.4K 2.2K 29
Betrayed by the two people she loved., she decides to move away for a new beginning. She always did things by the book and never went wild in her lif...
132 6 12
She's not had the best year, or really the easiest life. This was her last year and she wanted to spend the year being a normal high school student...
283K 10K 37
When she wanted to forget her first one night stand, he wanted to remember it forever.
24.5K 1.3K 46
After having spent two years trying to forget their mistake, two troubled souls meet again in unlikely circumstances. Warning: this book was written...