ANAM CARA || A MaNan Fanficti...

By Iris270902_

[Under editing] Anam Cara : A person with whom you can share your deepest thoughts, fears and feeling. ... More

• Nandini Murthy •
• Manik Malhotra •
1. A Tune that Struck
2. Tangled Cords
3. Negotiations
4. Cupids
5. Frustration & Feelings
6. Mending with a Thread
7. An Eventful Evening
8. Locked Away
9. Bending To His Will
10. Shattering Prejudices
11. "She Is A Mystery!"
12. Poking The Tigress
13. Pulling The Breaks
chapter 15 : Imagination
chapter 16 : Preparations
chapter 17 : My Buddy
chapter 18: Manan Missing??
chapter 19: Drunken Moments
chapter 20 : Aftereffects
chapter 21 : Surprises And Shocks.
chapter 22 : Love Story
chapter 23: The Bachelor's
chapter 24: Ammu
chapter 25 : Past By The Sea
Chapter 26: I Am With You
chapter 27 : Stalking Him
Chapter 28 :Forlorn Lanes
Chapter 29 : The Escape.
Chapter 30 : Realization Hits!
Chapter 31: #Muku ka Abhi
Chapter 32: The Family Brunch
Chapter 33 : Unofficially Official
Chapter 34 : Indirect Confession
Chapter 35: The Language of Love
Chapter 36: Growing Relations
Chapter 37: Ray of Hope
Chapter 38: Mantra For Life
Chapter 39 : Misson Is On.
Chapter 41: Sanam Mere Sanam
Chapter 42: One Time Wonder
Chapter 43: The Fab 5
Happy New Year!!!
Chapter 44 : Coupling
Chapter 45: Solitude
Chapter 46: A Day Out
Chapter 47: Sunset And You
Chapter 48 : Re-living
Chapter 49: Goodbyes
Chapter 50: Without You...
Chapter 51: Tashan
PROMO
Chapter 52 : The Begining of US
Chapter 53: The Night of Love
Chapter 54 : Flowers for You
Chapter 55: Will you be my date?
Chapter 56: Understanding Manik
Chapter 57 : My Metanoia
Chapter 58 : Badimaa
Chapter 59 : The Charity Gala
Chapter 60 : Broken
Chapter 61: Bhula Dena Mujhe
Chapter 62 : THE Day
Chapter 63: Truth of The Past (1)
Chapter 63: Truth of the Past (2)
PROMO
Chapter 64: The Last Fight
Chapter 65: Forever?
(Bonus) Chapter 66: The Sea of Love
Sequal

Chapter 40: A Whole New World

3.5K 286 32
By Iris270902_

*unedited*

After seeing off Aryaman, Manik was walking towards Nandini's room. He opened the door and found Nandini frantically looking for something. She didn't notice Manik standing there and went on with her search. Manik fake coughed to gain Nandini's attention. Nandini looked at Manik standing at the door, but ignored him irking Manik a little bit. "Miss Murthy don't you think ignoring me is not good? " , said Manik walking towards Nandini. "Why do you think so Mr Malhotra? ", asked Nandini in full attitude. "Miss Murthy aap meri marzi pe hai yeh 3 din. (Miss Murthy you are on my whims for these 3 days)", said Manik. Nandini raised her eyebrows. By now Manik was standing close to Nandini's bed. Nandini taking the opportunity punched Manik's stomach lightly using her uninjured arm, making Manik surprised. "Ab yeh mat kehna Malhotra. Murthy kisi ki marzi pe nahi rehti sabko apni marzi pe rakhti hai (Now don't say this Malhotra. Murthy doesn't stay at someone's whims, she keeps people at her whims) smirked Nandini.

Manik smiled at this and asked, "Anyway what were you looking for? ", Nandini at once remembered and started looking for it again," I am looking for my glasses", she said. "Nandini you're inside, its almost evening what will you do with glasses? ", asked Manik. Nandini looked on completely dumb struck ," Idiot i am talking about my glasses. My specs ", informed Nandini. "You wear specs? ", asked a puzzled Manik."Happy Realization Malhotra", said Nandini with sarcasm dripping tone. Manik rolled his eyes and started helping her.

As soon as they found the specs Manik's requested ," Wear these naa Nandini. I wanna see how you look in these", the child like tone in Manik's voice had Nandini's heart. She wore the glasses and then looked at Manik.

Manik's face was devoid of any expression. He just kept on looking at her without speaking anything. Seeing Manik standing like a statue Nandini's lips broke into a serene smile and she concentrated on the desgins kept in front of her.

Manik on the other hand was adoring Nandini. The smile she gave to him pierced his heart like the cupid's arrow. Just one innocent genuine smile from her was enough to brighten up his day. Not being able to control his urge, Manik bend down in front of Nandini's bed while she was busy analyzing the desgins and pulled her cheeks tightly.

"Ouuu", said Nandini rubbing her cheeks , she was not only surprised but also shocked. Nandini's eyes were ready to bounce out of their sockets anytime. With the same surprised expressions she looked at Manik, who seemed to have no effect of her small shriek. He was still staring at her and she still had her plams rubbing her cheeks. She was trying to see that emotion in Manik's eyes with which he was staring at her. Their eye lock was broken by a sudden knock at the door.

As they both straightend themselves Nandini said, "Come in". The door opened and walked in Nyonika along with Raj. Manik as well as Nandini was surprised. On seeing Manik's surprised face Nyonika said, "Kya aise look kyu de raha hai? Apni beti se milne aayi hu (Why are you looking like this? I have come to meet my daughter) ", Manik opened his arms shrugging his shoulders ,"Mai bhi! (I too) ", said Raj and Manik's eyes spread wider. "Haan Haan Jaao Mukti bhabhi aur Nandini ke aane ke baad se meri aur bhai ki toh value hi nahi hai (Yes yes go, since Mukti and Nandini have come me and Abhi have become valueless) ", said Manik acting as if jealous. Nandini giggled loudly. Seeing her giggling the three of them too giggled.

Nyonika and Raj displaced Manik from his place and took their seats in front of Nandini. She too kept her things beside her and started talking to them. "Can I get a glass of water please? ", said Raj. "Of course uncle", and she took the water jug from the side table and poured in a glass of water for Raj. The expressions on Raj and Nyonika's faces changed suddenly. "Umm... Beta yeh nahi thoda thanda milega? (umm... Child not this can I get cold water?) ". The change in expression was easily read by Nandini. She found it extremely weird but said, "Sure! ", and was about to get out of her bed when the trio shrieked, "Stoppp! ". Nandini stopped right there, taking the position of the statue. "Nandini beta, Yeh hai naa tumhara part time care taker Kaho isse Yeh jaake leke aayega. (Nandini he is here naa your part time care taker, tell him, he will get it.) ", teased Nyonika. Manik rolled his eyes while Nandini tried her best to suppress her giggles and managed to give him a tight lipped smile.

"Manik, you don't need to get it just go to the kitchen, Hari must be there, tell him he'll bring water", instructed Nandini. Manik nodded his head and moved out leaving behind a laughing trio. As soon as Manik left, the giggles died down and the atmosphere turned a little tense. Everyone sensed it but none voiced it. Nyonika and Raj were looking at each other poking each other to start the conversation. Nandini was silent and observing everything. It definitely was weird for her. Finally putting a full stop to the prevailing awakwardness Raj pushed forth a piece of paper which looked like a card. It was a business card of Mumbai's most famous Security Agency.

Nandini looked at both of them and said, "Uncle yeh kis liye? (Uncle what's this for?) ", Nyonika took her hands in hers and said, "Baccha it's needed for your safety after all what happened that night" . Nandini smiled at the concern and said, "Aunty it was just an accident", the couple exchanged glances and gathered their strength, "Nandini we know it wasn't an accident it was an attempt to murder". Nandini was beyond shocked. The face which was oozing brightness went paler. "Aunty...aisa Kuch nahi hai (Aunty... It's nothing like that) " , she tried her best to not let that nervousness show but she was caught. "Nandini please don't take chances at your health. We heard you talking to Nikhil at the hospital", tired Nyonika to make her understand. "Nandini do you have any suspicion on anyone?", asked Raj. "No Uncle ", replied Nandini, trying to remember every possible incident ," My profession is like this, it doesn't have any revenge game beyond the ramp world", explained Nandini. "Maybe someone from your past times who is seeking revenge? ", Nyonika out forwards a valid point. It made Nandini think too. There were high possibilities of this being the reason but to tell them this meant giving them an insight to her past, which she can't at any point of time in near future. "I don't think so uncle aunty ", she answered. "Nandini I promise no one I repeat no one can even touch you. No one can harm my daughter ", reverberated an angry Raj.

Nandini's eyes were taking rounds from looking at Nyonika and Raj. She was amused to see so much love in their eyes. Their concern regarding her was enough to moisten her eyes. She bit the corner of her lips tightly to control the sob coming up through her throat. She managed to give them a smile. Nyonika came near her and hugged her and Raj's anger to quietened down a bit. Though Nandini was taken aback as little but not for anything in this world she was going to miss such display of motherly affection. She smiled to her heart's content and hugged Nyonika back. The held back tears made their way out from Nandini's eyes and fell on Nyonika's shoulders. By this time Nyonika had understood that one thing which was missing in Nandini's life was love. Be it a mother's love, a Father's love or be it the love of a partner. She wanted Nandini to take her as her mother. She soothed her by rubbing her back. For Nandini this moment was not less than heaven. She was getting that comfort and peace from Nyonika which she yearned to get from her mother.

As she got back a little normal, Nyonika once again said ," Baccha please consider taking security, I am worried for you", Nandini smiled and nodded, accepting her request. "Aunty please Arya and Manik should not come to know about it. Manik will forget everything and be with me whereas Aryaman will come leaving all his work. Let this be between us. ", requested Nandini. How can a mother refuse her child for something? Nyonika though hesitantly but promised not to let them know.

Manik soon walked in the room, Hari following him with a tray in his hands. The group chatted for sometime and then Nyonika and Raj took their leave. "Nandini take care beta. Manik don't you dare be lazy in helping her," Raj said to Manik. "Papa, aapse pehele Nandini meri hai... (Before you Nandini is mine...)" , Nandini started at him, trying to digest his words while Nyonika and Raj gave a 'Chori pakdi gayi ' expressions. "I mean... meri friend hai aapse pehele. Mai uska acche se dhayan rakhunga (I mean... She's my friend first. I'll take good care of her) ", said Manik covering up for his blunder. Laughing it off, Nyonika hugged Nandini. While in the hug, Nyonika whispered, " We will find the person behind it" and kissed her forehead.

Manik walked in after sending them off. When he came inside he saw Nandini lost in he own world. She was sitting in the same position with her back against the headrest. Her eyes were fixed at the ceiling. Not being able to understand the reason behind this aloofness , he came and sat near her and slowly let his fingers entangle themselves with her hands kept in her lap .

She didn't flinch at all but held onto those entwined hands tighter. Manik, just by the intensity of her hold easily understood that something is going on inside her. He could have asked her but he knew she will tell him when she wants to, because right now she needs him and his support the most. He like always was more than ready to support her.

Just like he expected Nandini after sometime looked at him with her eyes teary . "Aaj jab Nyonika aunty aayi (Today when Nyonika aunty came) I felt as if my mom came", Manik flashed his small smile and let her talk whilst he enjoyed her face. Rubbing the back of her hands, giving her courage to speak.

"Manik when I left Belgium and came to live here I forgot the feeling of being at home. Office , Home everything felt the same. You know why?... Because this mansion is just a house made of concrete, the presence of a family makes a house a home", the unfiltered emotions of Nandini had started to pour in and Manik as usual was beside her holding her. He was rubbing her arms letting her speak out everything that's disturbing her deep down.

"I didn't like coming back here, to these empty and silent rooms, they used to haunt me, I missed that cheerful happy family I once had ", Nandini was reminceing her past. The beautiful part of it. "Now, because of you I have people who treat me as a family. Raj uncle and Nyonika aunty treat me more like their own than they treat you. How to say thank you Manik? How? You have given me a whole new world. Abhi and Cabir called me their sister. Mukti requested me to be there by her side on her wedding. Alya, Ammu and Navya called me to know about my health. I got my buddy back. I got you. You are a star Manik. My shining star", Nandini was facing Manik and expressing everything that her heart had in it. She was somehow getting that assurance from Manik that he will be with her. Always.

When it was overbearing for for Manik to see Nandini crying like that, he pulled her into his chest. Engulfing her in his hold . Manik's one hand encircled her shoulders. Nandini's ears were pinned to Manik's chest, and the soothing beats of Manik's heart were calming her. Manik, totally understanding her condition, moved his fingers in her hairs ,playing with her locks. In the hug even Nandini was continuously whimpering 'thank you to Manik.

When Manik felt her breaths were even and those whimpers have died down he shifted a little to look at Nandini's face. Just like a baby Nandini was almost asleep. Her weight was totally over Manik as if telling Manik that in times as such he is the one she will always lean on. Manik didn't have the heart to wake that half asleep half awake Nandini but her health was the topmost priority. Removing the loose strand from her face and seeing her baby like smile and expressions , Manik slowly said, "Nandini... Nandini wake up". Shaking herself up Nandini opened her eyes weakly and looked at Manik's serene face. "Take your medicines ", requested Manik. She got up and signalled him to bring her medicines. Without any bickering Nandini took her medicines (too unlike her) . As she was half asleep Manik made her lie down on the bed covered her with a blanket , switched off the light and sat beside her tapping her head making her dive into deep slumber. Seeing her longing for those happy times, made her more determined to do what he aimed for. Maybe the dawn tomorrow will bring happiness in Nandini's life and help her take a step closer to being what she used to be.

*Next Morning*

It was quite early in the morning and Nandini was fast asleep in her room. Out of a blue moon a voice came and disturbed Nandini's sleep. Lazily she opened her eyes adjusting to the brightness. She heard the unexpected sound and automatically her legs started to take her towards the source. The sound was coming from the balcony. Upon reaching there , the scene which she witnessed was something neither she ever imagined nor was it ever expected.

Hellooo guysss! FINALLY. I am so sorryyy but please understand I'm 12 class student.
Guess what was happening in the balcony? What was there which left Nandini surprised?
Tell me how it was. I'll be waiting for the views. ❣️❣️❣️

Next update after 60+ votes and 10+ comments.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

145K 6.5K 46
" #1 Ranking - truelove " (7/4/2023) After talent hunt compitition Nandini was blamed by Dhruv and Alya for the separate of FAB 5. Where as the truth...
48.9K 7.8K 36
Travel- the best way to be lost and found at the sme time. I want to fly, want to make memories, wants to do mistakes learn from them, I want to find...
2M 83.7K 65
#5 in fanfiction 01/10/16 #12 in fanfiction 28/10/16 Written By Mawara Ejaz
54K 6.9K 41
Sai is all set for her another solo tour. She loves to travel during her vacations. Virat was nervous as it is the first time he is travelling alone...