Running For Miles | ✓

By Gemma_Grace_

Eden Rivers is the new girl, she transferred from Pennsylvania in the middle of the year, on the run from an... More

Running For Miles
Characters
Prologue
01 ➳ Meeting Lila
02 ➳ New Girl
03 ➳ My Personal Bully
04 ➳ Your Fly's Undone
05 ➳ Tater Tots
06 ➳ Emotionless Player
07 ➳ Are You Stoned?
08 ➳ Few Screws Lose
09 ➳ You're All Pathetic
10 ➳ Loneliness And Anxiety
12 ➳ Lila Fucking Hayes
13 ➳ Jump Off Of A Cliff
14 ➳ I'm Just Fucked Up
15 ➳ Drugs Are Bad
16 ➳ Rich People
17 ➳ My Old Friend Molly
18 ➳ In A Friend Way
19 ➳ Lila's Almost Doppelganger
20 ➳ As In Lakyn Westbrook?
21 ➳ Option Two
22 ➳ The Comedown
23 ➳ The Party
24 ➳ The Rooftop
25 ➳ Arden Roson
26 ➳ Sorry Dad
27 ➳ New Haven
28 ➳ Pinky Promise
29 ➳ Trauma
30 ➳ I Love You Too
31 ➳ Hard, Meaningless, Sex
32 ➳ Kian Karrington
33 ➳ I Don't Do Relationships
34 ➳ This Taste's Like Shit
35 ➳ Feelings Are Overrated
36 ➳ Eden Likes Hale?
37 ➳ Until Lila Hayes
38 ➳ Baby Steps
39 ➳ You Looked Pretty Too
40 ➳ Until Miles Hale
41 ➳ Four Different Blood Types
42 ➳ Suck Him Off
43 ➳ Enemies With Benefits
44 ➳ I Love You
45 ➳ Lila's Story
46 ➳ Beautiful Ghost
47 ➳ Boys Can Cry Too
48 ➳ He's Broken
49 ➳ That Wasnt Sex
50 ➳ Bye Mom
51 ➳ Found You
52 ➳ Bit Fuckin' Weird
53 ➳ The Kian Thing
54 ➳ Forever And Always
55 ➳ I Would Punch Hale
56 ➳ Are You Two Fucking High?
57 ➳ Forever And Ever
58 ➳ Incest
59 ➳ Goodbye
60 ➳ Truman, Kian and Blaire
61 ➳ Lakyn or Boston
62 ➳ Let's Play A Game
63 ➳ I Killed Arden Rosen
64 ➳ They Will Never Find Him
65 ➳ Get Off Me
66 ➳ Blood, Tears, And Heartbreak
67 ➳ I Deserved Hale
68 ➳ What Did You Do?
69 ➳ Beautiful and Damaged
70 ➳ It's Just Us Now
Epilogue

11 ➳ It's A Drug Thing

10.4K 255 351
By Gemma_Grace_

R U N N I N G

F O R M I L E S

It was Hanna and I's first sleep over ever. We had tried to have sleepovers at her place numerous times but Boston never allowed them all because he didn't like that Hanna had a brother. Boston said it was all because he wasn't there and dint trust another male being around me but him and I both knew it was because he was jealous.

So, after pestering the living daylights out of him he finally gave in and compromised with me. Hanna could stay, but only if it was at our apartment instead of her house. It was way too good of an offer, so we took it and that leads us to now.

Hanna and I were pretty much fast asleep on the mattress we had dragged out from the spare room of the apartment and into the lounge room, we had to push the expensive coffee table out of the way so that Boston didn't freak out.

It was probably more logical if we slept in the spare room but there wasn't a massive television that we could binge watch Teen Wolf on. The night consisted of us eating way too much pepperoni pizza and popcorn, crying over Allison dying in Scott's arms and finally probably annoying everyone with the immense amount of noise we were making.

After a while we had calmed down and stopped being hyper and excited and managed to go to sleep, well that is until I felt someone lightly brushing their hands on my body, at first, I thought it was Hanna in her sleep but that wasn't the case as their hand trailed under my shirt and grasped my breasts.

"What th-" I started to say but a big hand was tightly cupped over my mouth.

"Shhh, be quiet." Boston whispered, as he tore off my shirt.

"Boston, what the hell are you doing, I liked that shirt." I said softly through his hand.

He let out a grunt, I just wanted to be able to see what's mine." he said with a smirk as I felt his eyes looking at my breasts, "besides ill buy you a new one."

I rolled my eyes "That's not the point." I took a breath and grasped my hands in his bigger ones. "I have my friend right beside me.

"So, who care darling let's have a bit of fun." he said as he drew tiny circles on my chest.

"Kitchen now." I somewhat ordered him.

Now Boston never ever listens to me but this time he did without another word or trying to fight me on it. It felt good normally it would result in me being called ungodly names or having something thrown at me. It shows that he somewhat can put his damn ego or whatever you want to call it away and do what someone else tells him.

We both retreat into the kitchen where Hanna won't be able to hear us talking, well I hope she won't. Once we are in there Boston pulls my small frame into him and bends down to kiss me, the kiss only lasted a few seconds before I pull away. He looks into my eyes and an evil grin plastered onto his face while his eyes are full of lust.

With a blink of an eye, I'm being picked up and placed on the kitchen counter, I stare into Boston's heavily lusted eyes as he started to kiss my again and rub circles into my thigh going higher and higher up my leg.

"Boston." I let out a soft whimper, "you have to stop."

"But your mine I can do whatever I want to you darling." he whispered into my ear as he lightly bites my neck.

"Boston, you're doing it again." Was all I had to do for him to instantly stop his attack on my body and have his face filled with disappointment in an instant.

"I'm sorry, darling." he says as he looks down at his feet, "I forget sometimes that you aren't just using me for money or. . .or my body 'n shit"

It breaks my heart in an instant. 

I know it shouldn't because he can well has done some pretty messed up things to me  but I know he doesn't mean to its his messed up way of trying to show he cares about me but he doesn't understand why or it freaks him out as it makes him feel as though he's soft and not scary or dominant like he thinks he has to be.

I grab his face and hold it in my small hands, making him look into my eyes, "I love you, all money aside."

"Say it again" he ordered

And we are back to square one.

"W-what." I stutter.

"Please, baby. . .just please. I need to hear you say it." 

"I love you, all money aside." I repeat again.

This seemed to break him, as he fell down to the kitchen floor in complete defeat. I've never ever seen him crumble like that in my life, it's like those small but powerful words had managed to wash away all of the darkness within him. then he falls to the ground and breaks down and starts crying at her feet

"I need help, baby." He whispered, "I'm so fucked up, I keep hurting you and using you and i don't know how to stop."

One thing about Boston was that I was a known fact Boston hates admitting when he's wrong or when he needs help to people and well himself.

His father knew from when Boston was only a little kid that he would grow up into a monster, he tried to make sure it didn't happen but it did, it result in many kids being out into hospital and many suspensions from school. His father got sick of it and sent Boston into counselling and therapy but even with professional help very little was done.

"I know, Boston. But I don't know how else to help, you've tried counselling, therapy. . the whole lot." 

A tear ran down his face "I feel like they all take me as a fucking joke, they look at me like I'm insane" he said as he whipped the tear away, "Fuck why am I so fucking weak."

"Boston it's okay, you're not weak, you're so strong you prove that every day, I'm here and I don't think your insane, well maybe sometimes but that's just one of the many reasons why I love you." I said as I pulled him into me where he just let it all out onto my bare shoulder.

"I love you so much darling and I will never ever let you go."

I sat up instantly as i noticed it was nothing but a dream, it wasn't real well it was but i had dreamt it, looked around me as i noticed my blankets were scattered on my floor and where i was laying was covered in sweat.

"Eden."

"Eden!"

"Get your ass up!" Sam's annoying voice yelled from downstairs.

That was all I needed for my body to instantly jump straight out of my bed and fly towards my closet and trying to quickly button up my shirt while also trying to find clean black socks. Once I had accomplished that I ran out of my room and down the stairs.

"Sorry, I just woke up my alarm didn't go—what the hell are you doing here?" I asked in shock as my eyes diverted to Lila who was standing rather close to my brother.

Lila smiled, "Good morning to you too." she replied sarcastically, "I bought you your skirt." she said tossing the material over towards me. 

"Oh. . ." I scoffed, surprisingly catching the emerald fabric in my hands, but it almost caused me to drop my sweater, "Thanks."

I then awkwardly unbuttoned the button on the side of my skirt before stepping into it, pulling it over my Nike shorts, then tucking my shirt into it. 

Lila nodded, "No thank you necessary." she stated, "Now, you've already made me late, so I'm leaving."

There was no way that I'm getting a ride with Lila.

"Sam, can you drive me now?" I asked, sighing in annoyance.

Sam's eyes reroute from mine to Lilas, I instantly knew what he was about to state and there was no way I wanted to do it even though it was probably the most logical thing to do.

"Lila could drive you, right?" Sam asked, "You're both going to the same place."

I watched as Lilas jaw clenched but she kept a tight smile on her face. Mine was more of a pleading puppy dog look, begging him to take a hint and not actually make me take a ride with Lila.

Lila bobbed her head up and down as she nodded, "Sure." 

"Bye, Sam." I said as I walked past him making sure to give him my best death stare.

Sam stood at the door holding it open as he watched us walk over to Lila's car, "Bye, kiddo!" he shouted.

He's going to wish he was never born.

We both got into her car in unison, the inside warm from her having the heat on previously, I shivered, though I was pleased by the warmness as Lila reversed her car out of the driveway and then exiting my gate.

Lila snorted, "Kiddo, huh?"

I knew she would have heard him call me that. He's going to get it.

I glared out the window imagining my brother fat head, "I hate him." I muttered under my breath.

This seemed to make Lila chuckle, I rolled my eyes as she drove around the lake and exited the estate, officially beginning the relatively short drive to the one and only; Dayton Academy.

The drive was relatively quiet the only noise that seemed to fill the silent car was the tapping of my black cracked nails on my phone screen, I was replying to a text from Hanna she said that Boston had beaten up another kid and sent him to hospital she also said that he's been purchasing drugs from a town called Ridgewood or something like that.

"Are you going to Boston?" Lila asked out of nowhere.

Where the hell did, she get that false information from.

"W-What?" I stuttered, after a few seconds I put two and two together and realised she could see my phone screen, "Oh. . ." her mouth formed an 'o' shape, "Don't read my messages." I snapped, clutching my phone to my chest, away from her prying eyes.

Lila laughed, "I didn't, I just saw that one word." she rolled her eyes, "Besides, you're rather inquisitive when it comes to my life."

I mean she has a point.

"Well no." I answered, "I'm not going to Boston."

Lila pouted, feigning sadness, "Aw, no!" she cried out, "I was really hoping you were moving there."

Fucking bitch.

"Shut up." I rolled my eyes.

Lila snorted, "Never."

"Can I ask you a question now?" I asked after a few minutes of us sitting ins silence.

Lila giggled, tapping her nails against her steering wheel as she stopped at a red light, "Well, you're going to regardless, aren't you?"

I shrugged, "I guess." I replied honestly, "This is going to sound really rude, but I don't know how to word it nicely so—" 

"Just say it!" she cut me off.

"Why wasn't your mom at dinner last night?" I blurted out, my voice loud as I forced the words out of my mouth, "It's just. . .I noticed that your dad had a wedding ring on, but I didn't notice any family pictures or anything."

"She's in Madrid." She answered, the words slipping from her tongue with ease, "She's an editor, so she's there working on setting up her own company."

I nodded, "Oh." I responded.

"Yes." Lila replied bluntly, obviously irritated that I even asked about her mother, "What about yours, huh? You have the audacity to question me about mine, so where's yours?"

It stung but she had a point.

"My dad is more better off than my mom, so I transferred here, so that I could have a better education and more opportunities." I said trying to muster up the most believable lie I could.

But just like Lila my words rolled off my tongue with little to no effort, could she be lying as well?

Lila raised an eyebrow, "Oh, so it's a money thing?"

It's a drug thing.

I rolled my eyes, "No, it's a 'I want a good future' thing."

"Sure." Lila laughed, "You know that I know you're lying right?"

Fuck, How?

"About what?" I said trying to cover up my lie.

Lila again snorted, "About why you moved here." she said, "I know a liar when I see one, and that whole little story that your father and you have created. . .I mean, it's adorable, honestly. But if I'm being completely honest, it's rather pathetic."

I remained silent as Lila drove through the silver gates, entering the Dayton Academy parking lot, parking in her usual spot, before twisting her keys and pulling them out of the ignition, finally daring to look at me and when she did, she was shocked to say the least. 

My cheeks were red and boiling with anger as I clenched my jaw, bawling my fists, but after a few deep breathes, my olive complexion washed over the red and I was back to normal. 

"Well you know what?" I asked rhetorically, "I'm a firmly believe that it takes one to know one, so thanks for the ride, Lila, but grow up." were my last words before I hopped out of my car, and stormed into school, passing Hale, Lakyn and Blaire, whom all sat down out the front of the entrance.

I didn't care though I just never ever want to see any of their stupid faces again, I was mad at what she said because it was in fact a lie, a pretty shit one I have to admit but it needed to protect me from the truth, the real reasoning for my arrival at Dayton Lakes.

I was also mad because I didn't want her to ask me about that part of my life, it's just a part that I wish I could lock away and never have to think or worry about again, plus if Lila found out her big mouth would tell everyone and anyone that was willing to listen, I moved here to start fresh but it just feels like I'm being tortured again and I hate it.

As I sauntered down the hallway, I made my way to my locker, I noticed that the odd person or two would stop and stare at me, probably thinking I'm a slut or whatever other nasty words come to their head.

Once I'm at my locker I somehow put my locker combination in wrong twice but on the third I got it right so I quickly tried to find the books I needed for mathematics but as I was shuffling around a book fell out as I bent down to grab it another fell out and smacked me on the head.

As I quickly stood up and shoved the books back into the small metal space, I noticed that people were looking at me with blank yet excited expressions plastered to their faces. 

"what the hell are you all looking at?" I snapped at them making them turn to look at some one down the hallway.

It was none other than Lila Fucking Hayes.

Lila was staring back at me with a tight fake smile on her face, her phone was in her hand and the other perched on her hip, she looked like she was extremely satisfied about something but it just made me want to smack that stupid expression off of her face.

"What the fuck are you looking at? Leave me the fuck alone!" I yelled frustratedly.

Maybe it was a bad idea moving to this good for nothing town.

Hey Hi Hello

I really hope you enjoyed the chapter, sorry it took a while to get out but here it is.

Is there anything that you think or want to happen next?

Please don't forget to vote, leave a comment and go read 'Loving Lakyn' by @sharnahespinosa

GemmaGrace

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.1K 377 78
---A mistake that went way before she was even born. A mistake that started it all.--- Alyssa wants to escape her past, but what she doesn't know is...
388 52 27
Do we truly know those we consider as our family? This is the last year before the beginning of the rest of Cara and Mia lives! Mia Carter still has...
1.3M 28.7K 30
Cordelia Holland had everything and then in one second she lost it all. She was the girl that everyone was jealous of but when her father gets impris...
Come At Me By <3

Teen Fiction

270K 7.5K 40
Anna Nicole is such a simple name, but is she really as simple as she is made out to be? She moves to Florida to be with her grandparents, but an une...