The Prince (Harry Styles)

By amandaJtommo

Book #1 in the Kingdom of Ula Series In the kingdom of Ula, Prince Harry has come of age to look for his ne... More

Before You Read
World Confusion
To My New Readers....
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Week One
Week Two
Week Three
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Epilogue
Acknowledgements
2019 Acknowledgments

Chapter 32

49K 2K 861
By amandaJtommo

I felt a hand gently rubbing my arm up and down. My eyes fluttered open, I saw Queen Anne standing over me in Harry's hospital room. I slowly sat up careful as not to disturb Harry's peaceful slumber. I saw King Desmond standing at the foot of Harry's bed with his arms crossed and was looking at his son.

"You didn't call, we got worried," she whispered brushing her fingers through my hair pushing my jet black hair out of my face. "Everything's okay?"

"Yeah," I nodded. "He's got morphine so he's good."

"That's good," she nodded looking to Harry whose head was now slouched against my arm. "Where was he shot?"

"The stomach," I said. "They removed the bullet and had to sew his actual stomach. The bullet nicked it."

"My poor baby," she said placing her hand over his which he had thrown over my lap. "Des you should never have let him go."

"Anne—"

"He could have died, Des," she snapped turning to him. "Is it worth having your son killed for the sake of teaching a lesson? I don't think so. You can replace a soldier, but you can't replace your son."

"Anne—"

"We'll talk about this later," she said. "I'm here to see my son who is in the hospital because of you. Think about that and go get Emerald something to eat. Don't beckon a nurse to get it, walk yourself to the cafeteria and get her something to eat."

King Desmond walked out of the room with pursed lips. I looked over at Anne with an alarmed expression evident on my face. She caught my eyes and let out a sigh leaning back against her chair. 

"Obviously there's more going on than you and Gemma know," she whispered to me. "We're not as happy as we used to be. The arguments are endless, it's tiring actually. Divorce is highly uncommon, but it's something we're waiting to do until Harry secures his place as king."

"Divorce?" I asked, my eyes wide.

"There's no fixing an old married couple, Emerald," she sighed. "Too much has changed between Desmond and myself. He's hungry for the most powerful life, I want the people to be cared for. We're complete opposites as of now. We weren't when we met," she said sadly. "Things began to change when you came into our lives."

"Me? Why?"

"There is something between the both of you than is indescribable. The love you two have for each other is so powerful. When you move, he moves along with you. As unconscious it may be, it happens. You two aren't those lovesick teenagers I see getting married in our country. No, you two are like bonds. The positive and the negative charge come together and makes you both stronger.

It's hard to explain, I get that. But when Desmond and I were talking about you, he was adamant that you were only temporary. Within a few weeks of your being here, I knew you would be my successor. The light in my son's eyes had never been that bright. His smile reached his eyes and he was always chatting about you. I remember when he came up to me during the ball. He said, 'Isn't she just the most beautiful girl in the world, Mum? She is the most beautiful girl in this room.' I knew you weren't actually to a relationship stage yet, but I could tell he was already so in love with you. I didn't want to believe it at that time, but I knew it was true. My son had found his queen."

I could feel the tears in my eyes at her kind words. I sniffled wiping the tears from my eyes. I gave her a smile looking at her with watery eyes. She placed her hand over mine patting it gently.

"Desmond and I are nothing like you and Harry. We don't work with heaven and earth, we work between heaven and hell it seems. You and Harry bring out the best and worst in each other. This much was evident this morning when we were talking with his commander. Your tantrum was the most violent I've ever seen you. You knew something was wrong and you knew it was about Harry. How?"

"His commander."

"You recognized him," she stated. "You acted out on something you didn't even know. That was what told me you truly love my son and will take care of him. He's told me of your doubts to acquire my title. You're ready."

"How are you so sure?"

"With my baby by your side, anything is possible," she smiled. "He'll be as scared shitless as you are. You will bring life back into Ula; that much is certain. Say yes to him, I can't bear to see him in pain any longer."

I looked down at the sleeping boy. His breathing still light as he breathed in and out as he dreamed. I glanced back at Anne with a smile on my face. This life I had found myself inserted into, it was a life I couldn't picture myself leaving. This was the life I wanted. I have known this for a while and I'm becoming redundant, but life without Harry isn't even a possibility. I'm determined to make that happen. You fight for someone you love, you don't let them walk out of your life.

Harry shifted beside me taking in a deep breath. He tilted his head up with a smile and opened his eyes to look at me. His smile grew when our eyes locked. I glanced over at his mum who held a smile on her face, a few tears brimming the surface. Harry glanced over to look where I was looking and he smiled.

"Hey Mum," he smiled slowly scooting up on the bed. I instinctively helped him slide up on the bed. "Thanks Em."

"How are you feeling?" she asked walking to his side of the bed and giving him a kiss on the forehead. 

"Ask the little red button that projects morphine," he chuckled holding it up. "I'm fine. As long as Emerald is here, everything's perfect." Harry grinned over to me taking my hand in his. I smiled to him. "How are you? Where's Dad?"

"Daddy went to get Emerald something to eat," she smiled. "I'm good, but don't worry about me." Harry looked at her with a questioning look. He looked as if he was left out of something and he was. He looked at me and I had to turn away.

"What's going on?" he asked with a frown. "Is it Gemma?"

"Oh no, sweetie, your sister is as sassy as always," she laughed. "It's nothing you need to worry about especially with you recovering."

"Mum, I'm not dying," he said with a pointed look. "Tell me."

"It's a story for a rainy day," she said patting his knee. "Oh look, your father's back."

Sure enough, Desmond stepped through with a tray full of food. He placed it on the table and slid the table over toward me and Harry. Harry sighed looking at the food sitting in front of him. I knew he couldn't eat solid foods since he had a perforated stomach. 

"I'm sorry," I said to him. "I can eat later."

"No, it's okay Em. You go ahead and eat," he smiled. "I get my food injected."

"Because that's so satisfying," I rolled my eyes.

"I miss food," he muttered letting his head fall against my shoulder. "I miss steak."

"You'll get better and then you can have some," I laughed. 

Harry looked back up at his father who still stood there with crossed arms. A frown was permanently placed on his brow as he looked at us. I began to feel uncomfortable with the look he was giving us. Why wasn't he happy just to see his son alive? I wasn't able to comprehend why he wasn't pleased with this information. 

"Dad," Harry nodded acknowledging his presence. Harry picked up the water cup and sipped the water.

"Son," King Desmond said. "Feeling better."

"I guess," he shrugged looking at his father. "You wouldn't know what it's like getting shot though would you?" 

"No I wouldn't."

"Pity," Harry said sucking on some more water. "It hurts like a bitch. The worst pain I've ever felt in my life you know. You want to know something else? I wouldn't have been fucking shot if it weren't for you and your ignorant attitude towards your people."

"That's enough Harry," his father said harshly. "I did what I thought was best."

"Because me in the hospital is for the best?" Harry scoffed. "Un-fucking-believable."

"Enough," King Desmond snapped. "I am your king—"

"You're my dad!" Harry yelled. "I don't give a fuck about titles. Titles are for people to hide behind when they're cowards. You're my father! It's your first job. Your job is to protect your family and you then willingly sent me into a warzone. What kind of father does that?" Harry asked. The hurt on his face was genuine.

"I did it—"

"To prove that what I said was wrong. Right, what did that accomplish? Nothing," he said crossing his arms. "I just want to do those things even more than I did before because it's the right thing to do. Helping people, it's what a good king is supposed to do."

"I do help people!" King Desmond defended.

"Besides throne room," Harry added. "Let's face it dad, you're a shit king. The day I become king things are changing. I'm going to make it my mission that I don't make the country even more fucked than it already is. You broke it and now I will fix it. You know what else I'm going to do dad? When I become a father, I'll show them what you did to our home and tell them what not to do," he spat. "You broke everyone."

"I did no such thing," King Desmond said.

"You are a pathetic excuse for a king. I am counting down the days."

"I don't see a ring on her finger yet," King Desmond pointing nodding to me. I looked over to Queen Anne feeling uncomfortable by the sudden scrutiny. She gave me an apologetic look.

"Why should that matter? Who I marry should be my choice and whether or not I become king is also my choice," he said and winced holding his injury. "I know one other thing I will be changing which will further piss you off."

"What's that?"

"My children, whoever is the first born, girl or not, they will be my successor," he said to his father.

"That's preposterous! Women—"

"Are just as capable as men. Mum, Gemma, Dorothy, Trish, and Emerald have all proven that men being their superior is a load of bullshit. Not once have I treated Emerald as if she was anything less than me."

"There was that one time," I whispered.

"Right, the fight," he nodded. "Once I did that, but I learned my lesson. You know what else dad? I'm not going to marry my daughter off to someone for the convenience of the kingdom. I'm going to let her find someone who she loves as much as I love Em. I'm not letting her live the life you made for Gemma."

"She likes Prince Louis! That's good enough for me."

"It's not good enough for me," Harry said shaking his head. "She doesn't love him."

"He's not really that into her either," I added. King Desmond looked over to me. "Gemma and him have nothing in common. She feels lonely."

"Why wouldn't she tell me this herself then?"

"Because she was raised to never stand up for herself," Harry glared. "You taught her to be helpless. Under my rule, that is all going to change. I can guarantee that."

King Desmond scoffed pacing in front of Harry's bed. He looked between the two of us and shook his head as he stared at the floor. He looked upset with Harry and how his son could betray him in that sense. I understood where Harry was coming from, he had every right to want to change the world he grew up in. Hell, I wanted to change the world I grew up in.

"I can't deal with this anymore," he said shaking his head. "You are to run things the way I started them."

"Nurse!" Harry called. A nurse came in almost immediately. "Please get my father out of here, he's being a huge dick and it's not helping my recovery."

"Boy—"

"I'm afraid I'll have to ask you to leave Your Majesty. Prince Harry suffered a huge blood loss and too much strain is bad for him," she said ushering King Desmond out of the room. Queen Anne walked over to him and kissed his forehead.

"You leaving too?"

"Someone has to calm your father down," she said with a half-smile.

"Queen Anne," I said. She looked at me. "Feel free to use my quarters if you need to escape."

"Thank you," she smiled gratefully. "I may do just that."

"Wha—"

"Bye my love, I'll be back tomorrow," she said kissing his cheek once again. "Emerald do you want me to bring anything tomorrow?"

"A fresh pair of clothes please. You might as well bring him something comfortable as well," I said motioning to the hospital gown clad Harry.

"Yeah, what she said."

"I'll do that," she nodded. "Bye kids, don't have too much fun."

I watched as she walked out of sight. Harry almost immediately turned to me with a questioning look. It was even more evident something was happening that he wasn't sure about. I exhausted a sigh relaxing into his bed.

"Your parents are having issues," I said simply. "They aren't exactly the happiest of couples. Your mum is thinking about splitting things off when you become king. That's all I know right now."

"Divorced?" he asked, his eyes wild with surprise. "That's almost unheard of."

"She knows that," I confirmed. "Your mum doesn't want to be stuck in a lifeless marriage you know?"

"Do you know what made her do this?"

"Funnily enough; us."

"Us?" he asked. A shocked expression all over his face. "What do we have to do with it?"

"Ask your mum sometime soon," I said. "She has a tear jerking explanation."

"What am I going to do when I get out of here, Em?" he asked soundlessly. "Everything feels as if it's falling apart."

"Get through it like we always do," I grinned. "Right?"

"Yeah," he nodded. "One step at a time."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Needy By ally

Fanfiction

36.9K 589 3
***THIS IS A SHORT STORY*** Harry Styles is a 32-year-old single father who only wants the best for his little girl. He hates that he couldn't be the...
256K 6.4K 99
#1 in harryfanfiction #1 in harryimagines #1 in 1dsmut Alexandra is in trouble. Her jobless no-good brother, Avery has lost all of the money their p...
146K 6.4K 45
In a struggling medieval kingdom, a young princess must rise to the occasion of saving her kingdom. But when a childhood friend makes a reappearance...
229K 8.6K 53
UNDER EDITING. warning: i wrote this book when i was twelve years old. there are grammar errors along with a confusing plot and cringe all over the...