Magi: Hiraeth

By lilyofthelamplight_

"Even the mightiest of kings fall once forced to the edge." The longing for a place you called home that neve... More

Author's Note
Epigram
Prologue
1: Xue Kingdom
2: The 23rd Dungeon
3: The Boy Who Emerged from the Wormhole
4: To Sindria
5: Sinbad, King of Sindria
Character Profile: Yukiko Heiwa
Character Profile: Aoren Heiwa
6: Lady of the Tundra
Omake
7: Dawning
8: Memories from Kou
Omake
9: Before the storm
10: Birthday
11: Glorious Sindria
Lost Scroll
12: Feelings
13: Shattered
14: The Fallen
15: Emptiness
16: Gone
17: The Kingdom of Kina
18: Snow Child
19: Realization
20: The Flame Emperor
21: Welcome Home
Omake
22: Rebellion
23: News
24: Ascending
25: His Decision. Her Decision.
26: Queen Yukiko Heiwa
27: The Kou Empire
28: Stay with me
29: Back in Sindria
Omake
30: Decisions
31: The Road to Magnostadt
32: The Darkness
33: Missing you
34: The Place She Once Called Home
☆☆** 2017 **☆☆
35: As A Representative
36: Her Return
37: To Be Like Before
Lost Scroll: The Past (A Recap Chapter)
38: Sinbad and Yukiko
39: Vulnerable
40: Prelude to Darkness
41: Resurfacing Darkness
42: The Difference Between Us
43: Sorrowful Feelings
44: Tears
2nd Anniversary
45: Forms of Love
46: By the Sun
47: King Vessels
48: King Vessels pt.2
49: Balbadd
50: Impasse
51: In Each Others Arms
53: Moon
54: Summit

52: Different

684 38 3
By lilyofthelamplight_

Trigger warning: self-harm

Different

After crying for so long, letting out her suppressed emotions, she fell asleep in his arms. Sinbad felt her go limp in his hold so he took a peek and indeed saw her eyes closed, peacefully adrift.

He slowly shifted their position and had her head lie down on his lap. He was careful with her hair as to not tug at it since it might wake her up, disturbing her slumber.

Looking down at her peaceful face under the shade of the parasol that the lady was holding earlier, he smiled a bit. He closed his eyes, gently stroking her hair to lull her to sleep.

It was just like the old times they shared but now it has him taking care of her instead of the other way around.

"You sure have the nerve to assume such a position, King Sinbad."

A voice called out from behind him. He lift up the parasol he was holding to see who it was.

Aoren stood there his eyes slightly glaring but stood as if he's calm. He was eyeing him, expression stoic.

"My apologies, Lord Aoren but I can't just leave her like this. I know you will not believe me but I genuinely care about her, about your sister. I care for Yukiko."

"You dare say that after the hell you put her through? I will never forget about the pain you inflicted in her life. In her very soul." The young man clenched his fist. "Yet at this trying time, you are the only one she needs more than ever right now."

Sinbad look at him and saw him stare down in care at his sleeping sibling. He dared not to speak and just met his gaze head on.

After a brief silence, Aoren spoke.

"I will leave her with you for now. But do not, I repeat, DO NOT dare to do anything that will hurt her in any way imaginable, because I will completely forget whose land I am stepping on right now and bring down the hammer of revenge on you ."

Listening in on the conversation as an outsider, only knowing the basis of Aoren's tendencies and personality, one would assume that it was just an empty threat by an overprotective elder brother who won't give up his beloved sister, but Sinbad knew better. The person infront of him is not only standing before him as a brother to the female by his side, but a genuine royal and valiant soldier from the dragon country of the north, Xue.

"Understood."

A short and simple reply one might say, but that word alone carries a heavy conviction of not commiting the same mistake he did in the past.

Aoren stared at him for a little while longer before clicking his tongue in slight annoyance.

"Give this to her later."

Sinbad was then handed a roll of bandages and what seems to be a confectionary made from glutinous rice wrapped in bamboo leaves. After he received it, Aoren walked off away from them.

"We still have eyes watching you. Do be mindful where your hands may land." Was the prince's parting words to the king.

He slightly tilted his head downwards as a sign of thanks of some sort, while Aoren's figure vanishes from sight.

The song of small tropical birds filled the air before the sound of a small groan was hearf from the female who stirres in her sleep.

"Good morning, Yuki." He smiled kindly at her who immediately sat up.

Yukiko has both her hands on her cheeks, eyes still somewhat sleepy. She looked at the small pond infront of her then to the man beside her. She stared at his eyes that seems to light up together with the sunlight filtering through the trees.

She reaches out a dainty hand and touched his face, seemingly trying to confirm something.

A chuckle escaped from the lips of the King, who found this aloof action of the woman infront of him adorable.

"You aren't dreaming. I'm really here." He held the hand that reached out to him, bringing it close to his lips. Before he could give it his sign of affection, the lady had pulled it away.

"You didn't have to do that." She replied, covering her mouth as a small yawn escapes. "I'm sorry if I inconvenience you in someway. Thank you for providing me comfort."

Handing her the wrapped snack, a faint and small sound eminated from the lady's stomach. The calm facade she had immediately flared up red in embarassment.

"It seems that the Queen is hungry!" He beamed as he pushed it closer to her.

"Don't you dare laugh!" She almost screamed, covering her face in utter shame.

Despite the threat, the King of Sindria laughed from the bottom of his heart seeing her act like a child.

"That was a cute sound. I can listen to it forever!"

"Stop!" She cried out.

Continuing the useless banter, Yukiko accepted the food and started eating it. There was a faint light in her eyes as she enjoys the confectionary.

Moments later, they found themselves walking in the private gardes near the Purple Leo Tower which have limited access to others who aren't permitted by the king.

"The summit is drawing closer each day. Have you prepared, Yukiko?"

"I don't necessarily have to prepare for we are to join with the Kou Empire, but... I am conflicted at the recent development of events happening with the system they have." She explained as she walked along side him, with Sinbad shielding them from the sun's rays using her parasol.

"Hm? What do you mean?"

"Prince Kouen and I have reached an impasse about my people." She openly said to him.

"...are you sure that you should be saying that to me? Aren't our countries enemies?" He peeked at her face.

"Maybe Sindria and Kou but not Xue. I do not plan to drag my people to meaningless territorial wars. If I could be the sacrifice for my hundred thousand people, I would gladly offer myself to fight in their stead."

Those words were heavy, Sinbad had thought. For some unknown reason her words lingered in his mind and gave him an unsettled feeling in his chest.

"I may have come to a decision that will sorely affect our future but its for the best. Some may not understand it immediately but I do hope they accept. Afterall, is there a ruler who would want to see his people suffer and languish in pain?" She continued being awfully cryptic of her statements that makes Sinbad's conscience nag him.

Shaking off the feeling of unrest in him, he guided her to one of the small marble pavilion and made her sit down on the stone bench situated in the middle of it.

"Let me see your arm."

To his surprise, she immediately obeyed and presented it to him. Observing the long and faint red scratch marks that ran from her wrist to her arms with little crescents littered here and there, he held her hand tightly. She also stared at the damage she has done to herself.

Sinbad sighed inaudibly before starting

"...please don't hurt yourself like this. Do not shoulder the pain by yourself. Aoren and Kurosaki are there for you. Aladdin and the others are here for you... I'm here for you." Sinbad looked at her which surprised him yet again, because because Yukiko was smiling at him softly, kindly, blissfully.

"I knew that I wasn't completely wrong for holding you dear in my heart, Sin. You are a kind person through and through. Your ideals and plans are different from mine and some may perceive you as someone twisted but that is carefully calculated. You belive in a future that you think will make everyone live in peace and prosperity, but your methods are something I frown upon to be honest. That is one of the reasons why we can't seem to agree with each other sometimes." A small chuckle escaped her lips. "...a king will do anything to protect his own country. In that, we are similar."

She held his hand back giving it a light squeeze when she saw his face contort to quivering fury for himself. It was because of recalling his method of using her and warping her feelings to fully control her as some mere pawn, all the while spatting insults to her very being. Yukiko pushed his fringe to the side and took a peek at his face.

"I'm over it. Do not think about it anymore. We can never return to the past but we can always fix the present, Sinbad. Didn't we already reconcile?" She let out a small laugh after Sinbad sighed deeply.

"Let me dress your wounds. Please take care of yourself more." He used the bandages to wrap it around her arms after applying a healing balm on it. "There."

"Thank you, Sin."

It was silent after that, but it was comforting. It was just them together, at peace with each other.

"We are different from each other, yet so similar. What have we done to reach this place? What could've we done differently?" She said meanigfully. "It feels like time is about to end...and it terrifies me."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.4K 297 29
[ SINBAD X OC ] 12 long years have past since Sinbad and the princess have seen each other. Sarnai is now the Queen of Liones due to her fa...
62.5K 2.1K 34
Amir, King Sinbad's son, and prince of Sindria finally gets to leave the kingdom to travel along side his father. They travel to the trade kingdom o...
524 40 10
Book 2! First book is "One Little Push Is All It Takes" Based in the years 2015 but I kinda changed our time period a little. I also wanted to make...