The Prince (Harry Styles)

By amandaJtommo

Book #1 in the Kingdom of Ula Series In the kingdom of Ula, Prince Harry has come of age to look for his ne... More

Before You Read
World Confusion
To My New Readers....
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Week One
Week Two
Week Three
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Epilogue
Acknowledgements
2019 Acknowledgments

Chapter 31

42.8K 2K 787
By amandaJtommo

"What do you mean he's coming home?" I asked stepping away from her with a frown on my face. 

"He—" she stopped when she started talking. I could feel the tears beginning to well in my eyes. My heart began to race at whatever the possibilities could be. Queen Anne reached over and wiped the underneath of my eyes. 

"He's dead isn't he?" I sniffled looking down at the ground not being able to face the look she was going to make. I felt her hands touch my shoulders. I took a large step backward as I felt sobs begin to rack through my body. 

I felt my legs give as I began to fall to the ground. A large pair of hands caught me before I fell flat to the ground. I was crying, my life feeling like it had been ripped from my soul. She hadn't even directly answered me yet, but I knew. Her silence seemed to be the answer to everything. Her silence said everything.

"He's injured, Emerald," she said resting her hand to my cheek. "He's been admitted to the hospital. He's lost a lot of blood and—"

"Take me to him," I said looking at her. "Now."

"Emerald," King Desmond said interjecting. I raised my hand up to stop him from continuing.

"You've done enough," I stated through gritted teeth. "Just take me to H, dammit."

"Y-yes, of course," Queen Anne nodded brushing the stray tears from my face. "We'll all go together and come back—"

"I'd prefer to go alone, thanks," I said closing my eyes. "I understand he's your son, but please. Please just let me go alone."

"I understand, Emerald," she nodded. "Did you want to change to something nicer?"

"No," I snapped. "Just take me to him now."

The only thing that was on my mind was Harry. As always. My mind was still registering that he was alive, but unwell. He was injured. I was never told to what extent, but I didn't care. He was alright for now. He was home and away from the turmoil of war. I can feel his touch once more.

A driver came up to us and said he was ready to go. Queen Anne handed me a phone and told me to call the driver when I was ready to come back home. Honestly, if it was up to me, I was going to stay there until he goes home. I didn't care about anyone else. He was the only thing that mattered in my world. He was more important than any clothes that I had on my body. 

"You seem nervous, Ms. Price," the driver noted looking at me from the rear view mirror.

"Yeah," I shrugged not really wanting to talk with the stranger in the front seat. 

"You know, for a girl your age, you seem so grown up. Why is that Ms. Price?"

"Being in the palace does things to you," I said nonchalantly. "I had a tough life. People grow up."

"But you're so young. No one should have to face a tough life," he noted sadly. "That's what I want to change. The poverty is so unbelievable. I wish I could erase it," he said with a sigh. "That's what Anne tells me, too. She knows Harry'll fix it. He's always been a people pleaser."

"What's your name again?" I asked.

"I'm Robin," the large, gruff man smiled. "Robin Twist." 

I nodded and looked out the window as the car turned. I glanced and saw the medical cross on a large sign. Robin pulled up to the building and handed me a piece of paper with a seal on it. I gave him a confused look.

"That piece of paper will get you to Harry," he said tapping the edge of the paper. "Anything with the royal seal will. Show that to the nurse at the front desk and you will get a one way ticket to his room."

"Okay, thank you," I nodded with a smile folding the paper back up. I opened the car door and stepping into the brisk November air. I had a long sleeve nightgown on and I pulled it tighter around me as I walked into the hospital. 

"Hello," the nurse said eyeing my clothes. "Do you need to be admitted?"

"No," I said handing her the slip of paper Robin had given me. "I need Harry's room."

"You're affiliated with the royal family?" she asked with a raised brow. "You're taking the piss right now."

"You give me his room right now or I swear to God—"

"Oh my!" Someone gasped. I looked up to see another nurse. "Miss Emerald! Oh my!"

"She's actually affiliated with the royal family? The girl standing here in her nightgown?" 

"Yes, Magdalene," she snapped. "She's quite possibly our future queen."

"WILL SOMEONE JUST TAKE ME TO HARRY NOW?" I screamed having enough of this waiting. He was literally minutes away and I felt as if the world was stalling. "Please, I don't know how hurt he is. I just know he's here. I need to see him."

"Of course, Miss Emerald," she nodded beckoning for me to follow her. I did at a hasty speed. I just wanted to see Harry and witness that he's still alive and well.

"What is wrong with him?"

"He was shot in the side," she said as she pushed open a heavy metal door. "The bullet perforated his stomach. We stitched him up and removed the bullet. He lost a bit of blood, but we have it going in his system. We're monitoring to make sure he doesn't go the septic route. He's looking good right now," she smiled. "Last I checked he was dozing as he had just come from surgery."

"Thank you," I smiled to her. He was fine. Just had some injuries, but he will be fine. 

"Right through those doors," she motioned to me. "Feel free to find me or anyone else if you need something."

"Thank you," I repeated as she walked away. I turned back to the door and quietly opened it.

I walked in silently quietly closing the door trying to make as little noise as possible. The room was dimly lit and silent. I couldn't see Harry as he was shielded by a pastel multi-colored curtain. I pushed it aside just enough for me to walk through. He was laying on the bed, eyes closed, in a deep sleep. I pulled a chair up to his bed and sat down on the stool. I rested my arm against the arms of the bed and gently brushed his loose curls out of his face. He stirred a bit, but didn't wake.

Harry looked tired, worn out, and he lost some weight. The bags under his eyes told me enough. He was skin and bones, no meat to him. I could feel the happy tears begin to erupt from within me. I was so happy he was here and in one piece...as much of one piece as he could be. I sniffled and rested my hand against his cheek running my thumb over his warm skin. He stirred again adjusting his body. I took my hand away. He smacked his lips and raised a hand to rub his eyes.

"Hey there handsome," I said running my hand through his hair. His eyes flickered open to look at me. "Long time no see."

"Em," he croaked through a hoarse voice. A smile cracked on his lips shortly before he began coughing. 

"Did you want some water?" I asked.

"Please," he said. I got off my seat and walked to the sink. I grabbed a greyish pink water cup and filled it with water. I took a straw and walked back over to Harry holding it out to him. His wired hand caressed the cup as he sipped from the straw. I placed the cup on the table next to me.

"You don't know how nice it is to see a familiar face," he breathed looking at me. His vibrant green eyes looking over my face. "I'm glad you're here."

"Me too," I smiled. "Does it hurt?"

"Only when I move," he chuckled holding a hand to his side. "My parents aren't here?"

"I didn't let them come," I sighed. "It's complicated I guess."

"You didn't let my parents come see me? I'm impressed," he laughed. 

"First of all, there was an attack on the palace which I have no further information about. Then they weren't going to tell me what was happening and I threw my first ever tantrum today. How about you?" 

"I got shot," he chuckled. "You threw a tantrum?"

"Stupid Waters trying to avoid the situation," I sighed. "He didn't understand I could see them talking with your commander. I was upset that they were brushing it off like it was nothing."

"Yeah, that was rude," he said frowning. "I'm okay though."

"I know," I smiled. 

"You know what I want?" he asked rolling his head against his pillow.

"What's that?"

"For you to kiss me," he said with a smirk.

"I can do that," I nodded standing up and walking closer to his bed. I leaned over him. He met me half way to press his lips to mine. Five weeks was far too long to not feel his lips against mine. His warm hand pressed against my cheek, his fingers spread out covering my entire cheek.

"I missed you so much, Emerald," he said. I saw the glimmer in his eyes as they filled to the brim. 

"Aww, Harry," I said as tears overfilled and cascaded down his cheeks. "I missed you too. So, so, so much."

"I didn't know how much I could miss someone until I was away from you," he hiccupped. "It felt like a wound in itself."

"I know," I nodded running the back of my hand over his cheeks. "I didn't get a lot of sleep because I was worried about you."

"You don't know how many times I wanted to run away and come back to you," he said. "Every minute of every day you were on my mine. The times I wanted to disappear into a world where it was only you and me. You're the only thing I wanted to wake up to. I never want to go through that again," he sobbed. I carefully crawled in the bed beside him and held him in my arms.

"You'll never have to go through that again, Harry," I promised kissing the top of his head. "I won't let them take you away again. You can stay home."

Harry's face was buried in my chest. His arm wrapped around my waist as we lay there. His quiet cries sounded. I can only imagine what he went through when he was away. The sights he must have seen are unimaginable. The horrid things he must have seen and quite possibly done. 

"I never want to go back," he murmured. "Their faces—"

"Shh, you're here. You'll never face that," I promised pulling his head off my chest for him to look at me. "I'm sure you won't ever go back. You call the shots, Harry. Not him. He's made a mistake by letting you go. I'd rather you sit through throne room sessions than be shot again," I said. "That I can handle."

"Me too," he confirmed. "Thank you for being here."

"I wouldn't want to be anywhere else," I smiled. "You're where I want to be."

Harry pressed his lips against mine and then nuzzled his head into the crook of my neck. He intertwined our hands together and kissed my hand. His large hand wrapped in mine was something I missed. I slid down on the bed pulling Harry's blanket over my legs. He intertwined our legs together and looked back at me.

"I missed this," he mentioned. "You and me. Nothing to talk about. We just...are."

"Yeah," I nodded understanding what he meant. "I know exactly what you mean."

I let out a soft sigh curling against Harry leaving a slight gap between us. 

"I just pressed the morphine button so I imagine I'll be out soon," He mumbled into my shoulder. I let out a soft laugh closing my eyes. "Night Em, I love you."

"I love you too, H."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

335K 3.7K 28
Book Six. Just a bunch of One Shots as you and Harry spend your life together. (NONE OF THESE ONE SHOTS ARE IN ORDER. IN ONE CHAPTER HARRY MAY BE 20...
655 18 7
This is the first part of my hopefully forthcoming book series because I want to write a book series about Harry Styles with your kind of playing the...
229K 8.6K 53
UNDER EDITING. warning: i wrote this book when i was twelve years old. there are grammar errors along with a confusing plot and cringe all over the...
281K 5.7K 24
Book One. Just a bunch of Harry Styles one shots as you both prepare to marry one another.