not just a pretty face [sasus...

saccharinskies tarafından

i fell in love with a person, not just their pretty face ˏˋ°•*⁀➷ "Tell me why you love me." "You're beautiful... Daha Fazla

one
zero
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
thirteen
fourteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty one
twenty two
twenty three
twenty four
twenty five
twenty six
twenty seven
twenty eight
twenty nine
thirty
thirty one
thirty two
epilogue
a final note

fifteen

1.7K 77 41
saccharinskies tarafından

S.H 

"What do you think, girls?"

Sakura and the other girls in the dorm watched as Ino stepped out of her room, decked out in her full outfit. The main ensemble was a deep, violet purple two-part dress. The material was a smooth satin, tight enough to show off Ino's curves. 

The top was plain and simple, with no sleeves and cutting off just after her belly button. The bottom part of the dress loosened out around her slightly to form a small, elegant train. On her feet were diamante encrusted heels, and a necklace to match was settled snugly on Ino's throat, as well as some plain silver studs in her ears. 

Her hair was styled in its usual long ponytail, but all of her hair was slicked back except for her fringe. Her ponytail was brushed and conditioned, and at the base a diamante encrusted barrette sparkled. 

Light, shimmering lip glossed glazed across her lips. Her eyeshadow was a natural brown, with black winged eyeliner on top. Fake lashes with mascara had been applied, and foundation had been used subtly, even though Ino had no need for that. Or any of the products, actually. 

"You look stunning," Temari remarked in awe, earning nods all around. 

"Like, extremely stunning," Tenten agreed. 

"I second that," Sakura smiled. "The whole world should."

Ino twirled around before clapping her hands together. "I knew it. Love you guys! Now it's time for Hina to show off her beauty!"

The door opened again, and this time Hinata stepped out instead of Ino. She blushed shyly as the whole dorm took in her appearance. Like Ino, her dress was made mainly out of satin and was purple. However, her purple was more of a lilac shade rather than what Ino chose. 

The main dress was sleeveless and was propped up by itself. An embroided elbow-sleeve shirt of the same colour was worn over the dress, connected by a lilac sash to an exquisite satin layered asymmetrical train. 

She wore golden heels and a matching set of teardrop earrings. Her long hair was straightened with curls at the bottom, enhancing her look. On the top of her hair was a thin golden halo piece, which made her seem like a princess. The golden eyeshadow and scarlet lips made her look even more like royalty. 

"Damn Hina," Ino surveyed her like a proud mother. "Sis snapped."

"Ino you cringy-ass person," Sakura muttered. "But she's right. Hinata, you look absolutely amazing!"

"You look like a queen," Tenten gaped in amazement. "You are a queen!"

"R-Really?" Hinata blushed again. "Thank you so much!"

"You're welcome, Hina," smiled Temari. "Now, Sakura. It's your turn. You're in your dress but you need to get your makeup and all that stuff done."

"Yeah," Sakura walked into her room. She immediately started preparing her full outfit, her hands moving by muscle memory. She had been practicing this for ages. Ino was too preoccupied in doing her own hair and makeup, so Sakura had to cope on her own. And she couldn't look like a complete mess. Not when the wedding was going to be huge with big media coverage, when there are hundreds of other girls who were prettier than her envied her place, when Fugaku was already mad at her. 

She sighed, placed the last pin into her hair and walked towards the mirror, wanting to get a full look at herself before the others could. 

Her dress had been ironed to look its smoothest, and it fit was comfortably as it did the day when she tried it. It was plain compared to Hinata's and Ino's outfit, but everything else made up for it. 

Pink hair was tied up in a crown braid that circled her hair. Usually she would let strands fall out, but today she tidied up everything to look neat and professional. Her makeup was quite natural, with soft brown eyeshadow, mascara, blush, eyeliner and a light pink lipstick. On her feet were a pair of shining shoes, almost identical to Ino's. The only piece of jewelry were diamante-encrusted ribbons looped around her arms as if they were a ballet shoe.  

She tied a silver sash (diamante-encrusted, again) around her waist. It was a last minute change that Izumi decided to go with to match the bridesmaids with Izumi in terms of colour scheme. Sakura looped to sash before knotting it together on her right hip, and letting the two ends fall down to her ankle. 

Sakura took a deep breath and stepped out. The chatting that had been going in the room subsided, and everyone gazed at her in silence. 

Temari spoke first, "You look incredible!"

"You look gorgeous," chorused Tenten and Ino. Hinata nodded in agreement. 

Now it was Sakura's turn to blush, "Thanks a lot, guys. Ugh, I wish we were all going!"

"I know!" groaned Temari. "I'm getting jealous looking at all those dresses and accessories while Tenten and I are stuck in our PJs."

"I don't mind," Tenten said in the middle of eating a bowl of spaghetti. "Comfort over looks! But, the after party is going to be wicked. I heard that so many celebrities are going to be there, even Madara Uchiha!"

"I know it's going to be wicked," Ino said smugly. Temari looked at her as if she was going to punch her. Ino let out a shaky laugh, "Just kidding!"

"Be sure to take lots of photos for us," Tenten said. 

"We will," Hinata promised, and Sakura nodded. Then the doorbell rang.

Temari smirked slyly. "Looks like some people's dates are here."

The five made their way outside of their apartment, where the guys were waiting. Naruto gaped as soon as he saw Hinata, rendered speechless. "Hina...you look...just wow..."

Hinata giggled and planted a kiss on his cheek, "You do too, Naruto-kun."

It was hard to believe that they had recently had drama. 

Sai had a similar reaction when he saw Ino. His eyes raked over her whole body, "Absolutely gorgeous."

"If anyone looked at me, I would punch them," Ino replied before blushing. "But if it's you, I don't really mind. You look so handsome, Sai!"

Even though Temari and Tenten weren't dressed up, Shikamaru and Neji still approached them and smothered them with compliments. All of the boys were wearing similar outfits of pressed tuxedos and trousers. 

Sakura looked down at her feet, the familiar loneliness approaching. She scanned the entire group of boys which included Choji, Gaara and Kankuro too. She felt her heart sink when Sasuke was no where to be seen, even though it was what she had wanted. 

"Okay, we should probably get going," Ino interrupted the romance session once she saw Sakura all by herself. "So, who's car are we going in?"

"Car?" Naruto asked, confused, much like the rest of the guys were. "What do you mean car? Aren't we going in yours?"

"The girls?" Ino laughed. "That's not etiquette. Boys always provide for the girls. How did you even get here then?"

"We walked," Sai said simply. 

Sakura face-palmed. "Well, we're a bit dumb."

"For once, I'm glad I'm not going to the wedding," Temari chuckled. She and Tenten went back into the room. "See ya dumbasses."

Shikamaru rolled his eyes, but a small grin was on his face as he watched his girlfriend take her leave. 

Neji, who had turned out to be on the phone most of the time, put the device into the pocket and said, "Uncle is giving us a limo to rent."

"Really?" Hinata asked, dumbfounded that her father would do such a kind thing. 

Neji nodded. "We can use it along as we don't crash the limo or destroy it, stuff like that. Because of that, Naruto isn't allowed to drive."

The group laughed collectively. Hinata piped up, "I'll drive. It's my property, so it would make sense that I drive the limo."

Her cousin shook his head. "No, I will. It's my property too, and besides, " he paused, looking as if he was in pain saying the next few words. "I want you to have fun with Naruto."

Hinata flushed. "T-Thank you."

"Now, let's get going!" Choji interrupted before smacking his lips. "I'm hungry!"

Gaara stared at him. "You just finished three deluxe packets of barbecue chips."

 "So?"

------------------------

L is for the way you look at me

Ino pouted as 'FANCY' by TWICE was silenced as the limo pulled up to the church. Speakers had been set up, the song 'L-O-V-E' pouring out. Sakura surveyed the scene in awe. It looked so magical. The illuminated church stood out from the evening sky, and fairy lights were hung across the branches of trees. 

Security guards had been set up everywhere, majority of them holding back the paparazzi and flashes of light. A red carpet had been set up, for the people attending the wedding. Numerous celebrities Sakura recognized stepped out of fancy cars and limos, looking absolutely glamorous.

O is for the only one I see

Among the many celebrities, Sakura spotted some A-Listers including, of course, Madara and Izuna Uchiha. It seemed like the whole Akatsuki was there, from Hidan to Sasori. Everyone was decked out in extravagant clothes and make-up, looking their best. 

Several friends gathered together, chatting away to make up for the time they spent away from each other. Suddenly, Sakura felt extremely small. Everyone attending the wedding was a celebrity with a high status. Yes, Sakura and her friends were celebrities too, but compared to legends like Madara Uchiha they were amateurs. 

V is for very, very extraordinary 

Sakura fiddled with the hem of her dress, her anxiety rocketing up. This was her millionth time getting intimidated by people with a bigger name than her and an even bigger wealth, but it was still as nerve-wracking as always. It felt like something that would never be easy for her. 

Among the rich, one familiar stood out. A family that prided themselves on their reputation, their wealth and their looks, which transcended most people's. The attention was on them, even if the eldest child wasn't there. For Sakura, all that mattered was the youngest child. 

E is even more than anyone you adore

This was a timeless move that the two never seemed to get sick of. Forest green met onyx black, holding each other's gaze for what was eternity to them, but a mere second to others. Then Sakura blinked, and Sasuke went inside to the church. The fairy tail was over. 

Sasuke was the rich, famous kid that had everything his way. Sakura was the one who had stood up to Sasuke, yet had the most defeating fall. 

"Come on Sakura, we're going!"

Stepping out of the limo seemed like fantasy. So many people were watching her. Cameras thrusted to her as close as possible, the flashes never seeming to stop. The cries and shouts of paparazzi and the fan girls who had to be escorted out by the police. 

The nerves started playing up with all their might. Sakura realized that if she made a mistake here again, Fugaku would not be so forgiving, even if everyone at the wedding stood up for her. So many people were watching, just seeming to be waiting for her to mess up. 

A hand squeezed her own, and Sakura glanced sideways to see Hinata smiling gently at her. She managed a smile back, and squaring her shoulders, walked more confidently with Hinata and the others by her side. 

"You are?" the security guard in front of them grunted, looking as though as if he was carefully evaluating each of them behind his clipboard and lists. 

"Did you just ask that?" Naruto asked cockily. "Well then, I'll make sure you'll remember my name! I'm Naruto Uzumaki, son of Kushina Uzumaki and Minato Namikaze, and I am the number one knuckle-headed model and soon to be the most famous person on this world!"

Silence followed as Hinata giggled and the security guard looked even more suspicious. "Are you sure you're invited? This is a high class, upper-crust wedding. This isn't some frat party for silly teens."

Ino flicked her hair and retorted, "Okay, we get it that we're silly teens. But at least we're silly teens with a good future. And stop talking like you're invited."

She began to sashay away sassily, when the security guard grabbed her arm. "Hey, I didn't say that you could go in!"

Ino glowered. "Well you didn't say we couldn't go in!"

"What's all this commotion about?" 

Everyone's heads turned to the new figure on the scene. He was dressed impeccably, with a pressed and tailored tuxedo that suited his body just right. Mikoto had slicked his hair back (or at least attempted). Bangs still framed his bored complexion, and the back of his head still stood out like a duck's ass. 

"Master Uchiha," the security guard bowed down so low, Sakura thought he was going to kiss the floor. "These lousy teens say they are invited-"

"So of course they are," Sasuke walked over to their group, slinging his arm around Naruto's neck. "This is my best friend. Surely you recognize him? Naruto Uzumaki? And these eyes - " he pointed at Neji and Hinata " - only the prestigious Hyuga family has them."

Sasuke's eyes lingered on Sakura for a second, and she believed that for a second he was going to make a comment about her. But then he didn't care for her again, and was speaking to the security guard, "Don't you recognize these models? Leader of the Suna branch from Senju, Gaara? Everyone here has outstanding looks and outfits, yet you think of them as lousy teens?"

The security guard gulped, much to Ino's delight, and muttered out. "Sorry, Master Uchiha. Apologies to all of you too."

"Good," Sasuke nodded. Then he walked away, disappearing into the church yet again. 

As the group began to make their way into the church, Sakura and Ino exchanged glances. It was so weird the way Sasuke had surprisingly showed up and complimented them all to sway the security guard, then left suddenly. 

Sakura opened her mouth to speak to Ino, but was interrupted by the sound of a crash. 

"Ouch!"

By instinct from her medical days, Sakura flew to the direction from where the crash came from, near a tree. An elderly lady had tripped over the roots, sending her things everywhere. The Uchiha symbol helped Sakura identify her as one of the elders at the ceremony who was against Sakura. Regardless, the pinkette handed the woman her handbag and cane, "Here you go."

"Oh," the woman let out a sigh of relief as the two stood up again. "Thank you so much, I just...oh."

The look of relief on the lady's face was replaced by disgust when she realized who Sakura was. A knot formed in Sakura's stomach as the elder scowled and stepped back. "Sakura Haruno, I hope you realize just how important this wedding is."

Sakura nodded silently. The woman continued, "You've been involved in quite a lot of the Uchiha's problems. This night, you better stay back and not cause any mayhem."

"I won't," Sakura promised, even though she was being threatened. The elder sniffily lifted her nose into the air and walked away, leaving Sakura alone with only the tree and a pair of black eyes watching her for company.

S.U 

He watched from inside the church as Sakura helped the elder so quickly. It amazed him to know that Sakura knew she was going to get harsh words from the elder, yet still had helped her anyways. 

It amazed Sasuke to see that. In this world, most people's thinking are, "I'm not going to do it for them if they won't do it for me." 

Sakura had thrown that rule out and helped the Uchiha elder who obviously disliked her. Sasuke would never do that. Sakura...she's so kind. 

He continued watching her as she stood sullenly by herself for a moment. He wanted nothing more than to walk up to her and tell her about everything. 

But a second later she was whisked away by her friends, and he was left staring at a blank space. Slouching, he walked back into the church. Many couples were chatting, laughing or even kissing together. It seemed like everyone had a partner. Everyone was here because Itachi had a partner. 

An actual partner. Not someone he was forced to marry. An actual person he had fell in love with. Sasuke collapsed into a chair. 

Why can't I have that? 

-----------------------------

this took forever, i'm sorry

REMEMBER...VOTE...COMMENT...SHARE!!!

Word count: 2760

Okumaya devam et

Bunları da Beğeneceksin

222K 7.3K 26
Disclaimer: This is a fan fiction written by moviefan-92 in fanfiction.net. All rights goes to her. I do not own this story & did not contribute to t...
878K 40.8K 61
Taehyung is appointed as a personal slave of Jungkook the true blood alpha prince of blue moon kingdom. Taehyung is an omega and the former prince...
14.4K 474 30
~Being around him is difficult. It's quite difficult to like her and keep his feelings hidden. She has no idea. He is powerless. She really wanted to...
136K 3.6K 36
The students graduated and are now registered heroes and they are living up to their dream. Bakugou unexpectedly meets Uraraka one day during a battl...