The Avenger's Soul

Av baeareavibez

Billy doesn't know what her powers are. She has too many to count. She was taken by HYDRA when she was just a... Mer

Author's Note
CopyRight/CopyWRITE
Escape Attempt #9
New Life - Take 1
New Life - Take 2
0-8-4 (Part 1)
0-8-4 (Part 2)
The Asset (Part 1)
The Asset (Part 2)
The Girl in the Flower Dress (Part 1)
The Girl in the Flower Dress (Part 2)
FZZT
The Hub (Part 1)
The Hub (Part 2)
The Well
Repairs
The Bridge
The Magical Place (Part 1)
The Magical Place (Part 2)
Author's Note
Seeds (Part 1)
Seeds (Part 2)
T.R.A.C.K.S
New Life - Take 3
Hello, Goodbye
Lexi - Defender of Man (New Life - Take 4)
Meeting the Team
Loki
Thor
Discord
Author's Note
Released
Publishing?!
Phase 2
Potential Crossover
Loki's Escape
The Battle of New York (Part 1)
The Battle of New York (Part 2)
Suspicions
New Life - Take 4
There's No Place Like Shield
End of the Beginning (Part 1)
End of the Beginning (Part 2)
Turn, Turn, Turn (Part 1)
Turn, Turn, Turn (Part 2)
Providence (Part 1)
Providence (Part 2)
The Only Light in the Darkness (Part 1)
The Only Light in the Darkness (Part 2)
The Cap's Birthday
Nothing Personal (Part 1)
Nothing Personal (Part 2)
Nothing Personal (Part 3)
Ragtag (Part 1)
Ragtag (Part 2)
Beginning of the End (Part 1)
Beginning of the End (Part 2)
Shadows
Making Friends & Influencing People
The Secret Room (Part 1)
The Secret Room (Part 2)
A Fractured House
The Writing on the Wall (Part 1)
The Writing on the Wall (Part 2)
The Things We Bury (Part 1)
The Things We Bury (Part 2)
Ye Who Enter Here
Author's Note/New Story!
Another New Story

TAHITI

1.2K 45 10
Av baeareavibez

3rd Person POV

"Finally. I was beginning to think you'd forgotten –" Quinn said as the door to his holding cell opened to reveal a pissed off May.

The rest of his words were cut off when May shoved his face into the table. She then yanked the chair out from under him sending him to the floor.

"Wait! You can't!" Quinn cried out like an idiot.

May bent down and grabbed a hold of him.

"Why? Because you're defenseless, like she was?" she hissed out angrily.

She then went about punching his face, repeatedly – at least until Coulson and Ward entered.

"May! May!" Coulson exclaimed.

She stopped and looked over at Coulson as Quinn wiped the blood away from under his nose.

"Outside, now," Coulson ordered.

********************************************

"So...she's still alive?"

"Yeah. And you better hope she stays that way." Agent Garret commented as he and Coulson interrogated Quinn.

"Is that why you shot Skye? Because she saw what Cybertek delivered?" Coulson asked.

"No. I shot Skye because that's what the Clairvoyant told me to do."

"What I find surprising is how a big shot billionaire could fall for this psychic mumbo jumbo," Garret said.

"Oh, I doubted it at the beginning, but then I realized it would be mutually beneficial."

"He must have something pretty terrible on you. Shooting an unarmed girl?" Coulson hissed.

"Let's just say I learned the hard way that obeying was in my best interest."

Coulson sighed angrily as the interrogation proceeded and he realized that Skye was right when she had told him that her shooting was all about him.

"Wait. You don't know what Shield did to save you?" Garret inquired after Coulson had explained how he had died. "So shooting the girl forces you to either figure it all out –"

"So the Clairvoyant can finally see," Quinn interjected.

"Or you let the girl die," Garret finished for him.

Coulson nodded his head as he sighed with regret. He felt horrible that his situation had lead to Skye being shot; and that their new plan to catch the Clairvoyant involved her having to suffer unnecessarily while they tried to chase down a solution that she did not even need.

********************************************

Skye started to flat line again and Simmons and Trip started to act. May spoke to Fitz as she left the pod for the cockpit.

"Fitz, come in. What's your status?"

"We found it," he replied. Rushing back to the plane and holding the vial out to Simmons, who didn't take it. Ward walked in behind Fitz.

"What is it? And how much, injected where?" Simmons asked.

"No! Don't give it to her!" Coulson shouted as he rushed in just a moment too late.

Simmons looked up at him with tears in her eyes, it was too late. There was still the tone of her flat lining in the background as Ward and the others looked on helpless. Coulson, knowing the real reason; quickly grabbed a pair of tweezers and while no one was looking dug out the two bullets.

"I was losing her anyway, what harm can it do?" said Simmons.

They all turned to look at Skye.

"Come on, girl," Trip said.

Suddenly things on the monitor went from red to green as her heartbeat picked up the pace. Coulson faked a look of surprise on his face as he turned and looked at Simmons. He was scared of what effect the alien blood would have on her but happy to see her healing.

"It's working," commented Garret.

Simmons smiled and looked down at Skye, who was still for a moment then suddenly took in a big deep gasping breath as her back arched. The monitors suddenly go back to red again as her stats went too high.

"She's spiking!" May exclaimed.

Her back arched higher as she gasped for breath even with the tube in, Simmons did nothing more then put a comforting hand on Skye's forehead.

"Stop it! How can we stop it? Skye!" Ward cried out.

"What's happening?" asked Coulson worried that the vial had somehow interrupted with Skye's healing abilities.

Simmons looked at him with tears and shook her head.

"I don't know."

"Skye!" Ward shouted. He couldn't handle watching the girl he was starting to love die before her time.

"Do something! We have to do something!" Fitz cried.

Skye went tense all over as she continued to gasp for breath. Suddenly she fell down limp to the mattress and the monitor beeping slowed back down.

"Her heartbeat, she's stabilizing!" Simmons stated.

Everyone looked around relieved as Coulson looked to Simmons.

"Simmons?"

Simmons gave him a smile and nodded, Ward looked at them confused.

"Could someone tell me what we just saw?"

"The girl's a fighter," Trip commented. "What was that stuff you just gave her?" he added.

Simmons looked up at Coulson unsure what to say, from his expression he wasn't sure what she should say either.

"I don't know. All I know is it worked."

********************************************

"I've got good news and bad news. Which would you like to hear first?" Garret said.

Trip closed the door as Quinn said nothing. Garrett looked over to Trip who raised his eyebrows.

"Bad news, then. There's a fair amount. Your Clairvoyant, the one who said he'd have your back, he's a no-show. The site we were supposed to lead him to with our minds, blown to pieces - buried under 100 feet of rock. It seems the only psychic power your buddy has shown is the ability to predict if you tell a rich, entitled dirtbag he's gonna get away with murder, he'll believe it. Trip."

Quinn looked over to him as Trip came and uncuffed him from the table.

"Girl's gonna live. Live to testify how a billionaire shot her point-blank in the stomach."

He turned and pointes to a camera in the corner of the room.

"Oh, we've got a great little home movie of you admitting that, genius."

Trip got him unlocked and stood him up.

"This Clairvoyant played you and left you to rot."

"You said there was good news."

"I did? Oh, yeah. You still have your tongue."

Quinn scoffed as Trip pulled him out of the room.

********************************************

"You did the impossible today. You saved Skye's life." Coulson raised a brow at her, knowing that she knew that Skye could have healed herself at anytime.

She walked to his desk and leaned against it on her fists.

"Why aren't you happy about it?"

He cast his eyes down away from her and she let out a deep sigh. She sat in the chair across from him.

"They told me you were yelling to not use the drug, to not use it on Skye. Why? What made you change your mind? Phil? Phil? You all right?"

"Being down there...seeing where I came from, I just got really scared that she would suffer the way that I did. But she didn't."

He gave her half a smile.

"For whatever reason, she didn't."

********************************************

Skye's POV

I laid in bed bored out of my mind. I was happy that the bullets were finally out of my body and I was healing, that's for sure, but with Simmons constantly running around and hovering over me; I was in a constant state of worry. She had been trying to run test after test and not only was she making me worried that she would find something but also reminding me of Hydra's scientists.

I sighed heavily and then looked around and started to take the cover off of my body. I got to my feet off the side of the bed and sat upright stretching. I was about to stand when Simmons appeared at the window of my pod tapping on the glass.

"No! What did I say?" she admonished.

I sighed deeply.

"Damn it. Every time!" I whispered under my breath. I was going stir crazy in this pod. If that wasn't bad enough, I had received a brief visit from Ward's former SO, John Garret; who had stopped by to see me while on his way out with Ian Quinn. Something about the man and the way he looked at me screamed Hydra.

My suspicions must have shown on my face because he had brought his face inches from my own and calmly threatened to kill everyone on the plane if I so much as breathed a word to anyone. He made it quite clear that he knew I had been faking my injuries the entire time he and Coulson had been looking into the Guest House but had played along. At that point I had realized the he must have been the Clairvoyant all along, but couldn't figure out how the hell I was supposed to bring him down. The man knew more about me than I did and was a high ranking member of both Shield and Hydra!

I couldn't go back to Hydra! I was not going to let that happen!

Simmons opened the door and entered while my mind was elsewhere.

"It's like you have a sensor for whenever my butt lifts off the bed," I told her in frustration.

"Back in it," she demanded.

"I just want to stretch my legs!" I huffed.

"Now," she ordered.

"Look!" I pointed out as I lightly smacked myself on the cheeks. "There's color in my cheeks."

Simmons stood next to me and gently pushed me back down onto the bed.

"Breathing without..." I started to say, trying not to let her hear the strain in my voice as I shifted deeper into the bed. "...feeling like my whole body's on fire. I'm good," I tried to tell her.

Simmons chuckled as she held up the blanket for me to put my feet back under.

"Good" is not the appropriate word to describe your state."

I got back under the covers and Simmons moved them back up to my stomach.

"You've been shot twice, had your stomach perforated, and a breathing tube shoved down your throat. "Better" is a more accurate word." I rolled my eyes but kept my mouth shut. She did not need to know that I had recovered much faster from injuries worse than this.

Simmons put a vial into a port on my arm drawing out some blood.

"Again with the blood drive? I'm not gonna have anything left," I said, chuckling nervously. Grateful for the hundredth time that Fitz was on my side and had been muddling her test results so that she wouldn't suspect anything.

Simmons smiled at me.

"Not sure how I feel about Dr. Simmons. She's so strict," I commented.

Simmons smiled again and yanked out the vial of blood a bit too rough.

"Ow, and pokey," I added as I rubbed my arm.

"Well patient Skye is unruly and stubborn," she responded.

I returned her smile with one of my own. "And grateful," I revised.

Simmons looked at me.

"I hope you know that." I may be a little freaked out about her running tests and experimenting on me on top of my new Hydra/Garret concerns but that did not mean I was not appreciative of all that she had been doing for me, even if I could have healed on my own.

"I didn't do it alone."

"Still, I'm the most..."grateful-est-est" patient alive," I commented.

I laughed and Simmons made a face.

"That's...not even a word."

Ward appeared in the doorway and knocked with a small smile.

"Hey."

Simmons looked at him as I shifted in my bed.

"This a bad time?"

I glanced over at Simmons.

"It is if you're here to bust me out."

When I spoke next I faked a bad version of Simmon's accent.

"The warden has extended house arrest."

Simmons scoffed as I grinned at her.

"Ugh, awful accent," Simmons responded before she walked out as I put my hands to my face and groaned.

"Oh, I must look terrible!" I laughed nervously as I ran my hands through my hair. "Simmons won't even bring me a mirror."

"I've seen worse," Ward said.

"Wow. Thanks," I said, blinking up at him. I smiled as he tried to backtrack.

"No, I mean, you look better than when you were dying."

I smiled bigger at him.

"Swinging and a-missing, Ward."

He sighed and gave me a sincere smile.

"It's great to see you...better."

I rolled my eyes and bit my lower lip.

"It was so stupid to go in there alone."

"Hey. There's no point in doing that now."

Ward took a couple of steps in and sat in the chair next to my bed.

"You were brave. Thanks to you, every Shield agent in the country knows Mike Peterson's alive."

"You tell them about his magic leg?"

"I didn't call it that, but yes. Agent Garrett's running point on Mike. Thinks he's part of some project called Deathlok."

"He looked like death. You should have...he wouldn't even look at me. They did something to him. He needs help."

Ward got upset at this.

"He's past help. He was there with you, Skye – could have protected you. He let this happen to you. And I'll never forgive that."

"Well, I –I need to better protect myself...Ward, can I ask you something?"

"Yeah, of course, what's up?"

"Um, how well do you know agent Garret?" I gazed at Ward's face as his eyebrows rose.

"He was my SO...so fairly well, why?"

"Well, he, he um..." I opened and closed my mouth several times as I tried to find the right words. "He's Hydra, Ward."

Ward's eyes widened as he chuckled nervously.

"Those meds Simmons has you on must be stronger than I thought.

"Be serious, Ward!" I said, sitting up and staring at him.

Before I could say anything else, however, Ward had leaned forward and kissed me. I blinked rapidly as his lips pressed against mine, not quite sure what was happening. Ward was handsome, don't get me wrong, but something about this felt wrong.

I gently pushed against his chest and leaned back.

"Ward, w-what was that for?!"

"I, love you, Skye," he replied, leaning in to kiss me again.

I pulled back and stared at him in confusion.

"No you don't! You can't mean that! Why would you -" I paused as a horrible thought flashed through my mind. Was he trying to distract me? And if so, the only reason he would want to do that, would be because he was Hydra too!

I hopped out of the bed and grabbed a nearby scalpel and held it in front of me.

"Skye! Calm down. Put the scalpel down," Ward said, slowly stalking towards me.

"You're Hydra. What the hell!"

My heart broke as I realized I had been duped yet again.

"Skye, your not thinking straight. Come sit back down," Ward said quietly.

I backed up as my mind raced. No way was I going back, but I didn't want to just leave my team without warning them. Garret had made it clear that I couldn't come right out and tell them so I had to find a quick way to warn them that wouldn't be noticed before getting myself as far away from Ward and Garret as possible.

I felt the wall press against me as Ward took another step towards me. I quickly put my hands behind my back and started scratching words into the wall, leaving a small message warning my team that Ward and Garret were Hydra.

Then I ducked under Ward's outstretched arm and tried to make my way to the door of the pod, grabbing a bag along my way. I had just reached the door when I felt myself being yanked backwards.

I dodged Ward's punches and weaved around him, no longer worried about pretending to be weak.

"I'm not going back!" I shouted at him.

"What are you talking about?"

I doubted that Ward knew about my situation; otherwise he would have recognized me when I first met him but I couldn't think about anything right now other than the fact that he was Hydra.

I kicked him down and raced out of the pod and ran to my room; stuffing whatever I could reach into the bag before making my way to the back of the plane. I slammed my palm against the button to lower the ramp right as Ward found me again.

"Skye!" He called out as I unfurled my wings and let myself fall backwards. The last thing I saw was the look of surprise on his face before the wind rushed up to greet me.

********************************************

Author's Note

Hey everyone let me know what you thought! I basically condensed a lot of stuff/mashed a few parts to make it easier for Skye to get herself off the plane and back in LA where I'mma have her be for when the avenger stuff really starts off. And I haven't decided about other characters but i think im def gonna add lucifer in bc it just makes sense since he owns a night club in la and she's gonna be looking for work again. But yeah excited to be done with the agents of shield stuff for now! I might add them in for when i figure out how im going to put skye's heritage in but wanted to get the battle of new york in first.

Fortsett å les

You'll Also Like

2.8K 72 12
Do you know a girl that just is happy (Sometimes) all the time and does not even have one soulmate and then got hit and suddenly got powers as she...
193K 6K 34
🏆#1 SOULMATEAU 8/11/22 🏆 #1 avengersfanfiction 8/22/22 🏆 #1 buckybarnesxsteverogers 8/22/22 🏆 #1 thor 2/24/23 🏆 #1 avengerssoulmate 9/11/22 🏆 #...
14.4K 355 24
TW: Mature Audiences Only (18+) Y/n has had major anger issues since she can remember. So bad, that Hydra kidnapped her when she was young and used i...
84.4K 2.1K 29
Avengers Soulmate AU EVANGELINA PETROVA HAVEN KNIGHT Born in the year 2000 and found on the streets as a newborn by agent Fury and agent Hill. Nick...