Crowstar's Mission {COMPLETE}

By DawnfireOfSkyClan

Crowkit is born into tragedy, his sister dead before she ever had a chance to live and the only cat his mothe... More

Allegiances
Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Epilogue

Chapter 28

585 22 14
By DawnfireOfSkyClan

"We should head out soon." Leo mewed, looking over the hunting party. "Where's Ivy?" He rested his eyes on Crowpaw.

"She said she had to get something from her den." Crowpaw replied, it was time for their chicken hunt and right before they left, Ivy insisted on doing something but Crowpaw wasn't sure what she was up to. His paws buzzed with excitement at the thought of this hunt, it was before sunset but Leo assured them by the time they reached this farm it would be nighttime.

"I'm coming!" Ivy called, Crowpaw looked over his shoulder to see Ivy trotting up to them with a green herb in her mouth. She set them down in front of the hunting party. "Everyone eat one of the leaves, they'll give you strength."

The rest of the patrol seemed unsure, but Crowpaw ate the herbs without hesitation, he trusted Ivy. They tasted bitter, but Crowpaw was able to swallow them. "Thank you, Ivy." He purred and Ivy's eyes sparkled.

After the rest of the party had eaten their herbs, Leo lifted his head. "Let's head out, it's going to be a long, cold walk to stay close and don't stop until we get there." They left camp behind, the rest of the group wishing them safe travels. Crowpaw glanced up at the sky as they walked, he could see the moon started to rise just above them. Is StarClan looking over us? Can they even see us?

Crowpaw shook his head, why would StarClan be watching him, he hadn't been a Clan cat in so long. I'm relying on the cats around me tonight, together we'll feed our whole group. They walked through the forest, sharing idle conversation about life. Crowpaw walked side by side with Ivy, staying close enough to stay warm.

"I'm so excited." Ivy purred. "I've never gotten to do anything like this."
"Me neither." Crowpaw mewed. "I mean, travelling has been fun and exciting, but I've never seen a chicken before. I'm curious to see what they look like." He had been trying to form a picture in his head, but had been completely unable to.

"From what I remember," Ivy thought for a moment. "They're bodies are really big, but they have small heads and weird, scaly legs. They don't look like they're legs should support their bodies, but they do."
"Sounds so strange." Crowpaw laughed. "Are you sure that you didn't just imagine this?"

"I'm positive! There's all kinds of weird animals out there, like cows!"

"What's a cow?"

"It's a huge black and white animal the size of a monster. They have huge, hard feet that look they could crush a cat instantly."

"I think I saw some of those on my way here." Crowpaw recalled the bizarre animals. "Are they dangerous? Is there some on this farm?"

"I think so, but they're not close to the chickens."

Ivy and Crowpaw continued sharing stories of their separate travels in life. The walk was long, but having Ivy by his side made everything seem so perfect, even the long walk couldn't ruin Crowpaw's mood. Ever since he and Ivy had finally admitted their feelings, Crowpaw had known nothing but happiness. She's given me everything I ever wanted. She's the reason I came out here. She's my home.

"We're nearly there." Leo called as the trees began to thin out, exposing a vast field ahead of them. It almost reminded Crowpaw of the field from his dreams, but he could see trees scattered across the short grass. In the distance was a large twoleg nest. "That's the farm." Leo explained. "Once we get close, stay quiet and low. We have to make sure the twoleg won't notice us."

"Is there a dog?" Peach questioned. "Most farms I know have a dog."

"Dogs are not an issue." Flint snorted. "There's no dog that I can't outrun."
"It's true." Crowpaw chuckled. "When I first met Flint he was running from a dog for fun."

"You're insane." Omega mewed, his voice low but his expression revealed that he was rather impressed. They patrol went deeper into the field, as they got closer and closer to the farm, countless strange scents filled Crowpaw's nose. The patrol slowed down, being extra cautious as they approached the farm.

"I can smell dog, but it's very stale." Flint mewed, his voice incredibly quiet. "We're safe for now."

They neared the farm and they crept through the grass, keeping their senses on high alert. There was a few nests, one looked similar to the barn that Crowpaw had slept in when he met Sheba. The entire farm was surrounded by a thin, silver vine with thorns on it. "Be careful." Flint warned. "That stuff will hurt if you get your pelt caught on it.

They easily slipped underneath the silverthorn with only Leo leaving behind some tufts of his golden fur, but he had enough fur to spare. Once they were under the fence, Ivy motioned with her nose. "That's the chicken nest." She mewed. It was a tiny little twoleg nest with a small incline leading up to the wooden structure. Crowpaw sniffed the air, it smelled like bird but incredibly odd. "They're all inside. There's probably going to be a lot of them, I suggest we chase one or two out and separate them."

"Be safe." Leo warned. "And stay together." He looked over the ground. "Omega and Peach, you'll be with me. Flint, you'll have Crowpaw and Ivy." They all agreed and grouped together. Leo led both groups forward up the ramp. Inside the nest was dark, and the scent was foul and sharp.

Crowpaw strained his eyes to see, and he saw the chickens. They were just as Ivy had described, fat bodies with small heads. They all seemed to be sleeping, they hadn't noticed the cats yet. "This is gonna be easy." Flint sneered. He unsheathed his claws and went for one of the chickens near the floor.

As he stepped near, the wood underneath his paws creaked loudly. The chickens woke and saw that they were under attack. The noise that followed was very strange and very loud. They started squawking and jumped from their little nests. Feathers flew off in every direction and the little nest became very crowded with chickens and cats.

The chickens hollered and jumped around, flapping their thick wings. Crowpaw felt himself getting pecked several times, it didn't bleed but it certainly hurt. "Chase them out!" Leo called. Right! Crowpaw bared his teeth and hissed, lashing out with his paw at the chicken nearest to him. His claws ripped through a thick layer of feathers and drew blood.

The other cats were biting and scratching at the chickens as well. The birds stumbled over each other and the cats to get to the exit. Crowpaw chased them out, exploding in a storm of feathers. The rest of his patrol had gotten out of the nest as well. Leo, Peach and Omega were chasing a chicken away from the rest of the flock.

Crowpaw spotted Ivy and Flint doing the same with another chicken. Now in the fresh-air, Crowpaw charged forward to keep up with them. Flint and Ivy flanked the chicken as it tried to run, it pecked at Flint each time he got close but Flint snapped his razor sharp teeth.

Crowpaw ran as fast as his paws would carry him, the chicken was too focused on Ivy and Flint, it didn't even know he was coming. With his claws unsheathed, Crowpaw leapt forward and landed on top of the chicken. It's skinny legs crumbled underneath the added weight of Crowpaw.

Both Crowpaw and the chicken tumbled head over tail across the farmland. The chicken was panicked, Crowpaw shot forward and sank his teeth into the bird's neck. It struggled for a few moments, kicking its legs wildly, hiding Crowpaw a few times but eventually stopped as it finally died.

"We did it!" Ivy exclaimed. She looked over to Leo and the others who were standing over their own dead chicken. "Let's get out of here!" She called to them and Leo and Omega lifted the chicken onto their backs to carry it back home.

Crowpaw felt victory rushing through his entire body. We did it! And it was so much fun! Crowpaw heard a creak and saw a strange light flooding through the entrance of the nearby twolegplace. It had a strange, shiny stick in its hand and was shouting in rage. "Run!" Flint called, a hint of laughter in his voice. Flint grabbed the chicken's leg in his mouth and they began running as fast as they could.

Crowpaw and Ivy ran side by side, laughing as the wind blew through their pelts. Crowpaw's heart was racing, he hadn't had this much fun in moons! A sharp sound cracked through the air, sending fear straight into Crowpaw's heart. It sounded like thunder, but much closer and louder.

"What was that?" He called to Ivy.

"I don't know!" She yelled back. "Just keep running!" They slipped underneath the silevrthorn and were nearly clear of the farm when the sharp crack sounded again. Crowpaw felt something hot splash against his pelt. What was that? In an instant, Ivy's body was knocked to the side by something Crowpaw couldn't see.

"Ivy!" He skidded to a stop and Crowpaw's heart stopped in his chest. Ivy's body was splayed out against the snowy field. There was a giant, bloody wound that covered almost her entire flank. Her eyes stared blankly ahead of her, void of any emotion. Crowpaw's could feel his paws freeze to the ground as his heart crumbled inside of him. No. "Ivy!" He yowled. "Ivy get up!"

Her blood pooled on the ground, touching Crowpaw's paws. His body trembled as he stared at Ivy's body. A second ago she was alive, what happened to her!

"Crowpaw!" Flint called. "Crowpaw we have to run!"

"I'm not leaving her!" Crowpaw shouted, his voice splitting from the pain in his voice. This isn't real. This is just a dream! He felt his body going numb, but he had to get Ivy out of here. Crowpaw heaved Ivy onto his back, she didn't move or respond in any way. She's not dead! She can't be dead!

Crowpaw forced himself to run, but the world around him was starting to blur. The weight of Ivy on his back slowed him down, but the fact that he refused to believe was slowing him down even more.

The path ahead of him started to fade away, it was nothing but him running in a field of darkness. Ivy please! He pleaded. Don't leave me! I need you! Only one sound broke Crowpaw's thoughts, the same sound that hurt Ivy.

A fiery pain ripped across Crowpaw's left side. He screamed out in pain and hit the ground, sending Ivy's body skidding across the field. The pain was worse than anything Crowpaw had ever felt before. The pain choked his words and his vision started to fade. "Crowpaw!" He heard Flint's voice through the fog.

Crowpaw weakly lifted his head, trying to focus on Ivy who lay in the grass a few mouselengths away from him. Ivy. He kept her name on his mind. Ivy, I love you. I'm so sorry. Please...please don't leave me. Darkness overtook him and Crowpaw slipped into a painful darkness.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.5K 397 31
"When the blood covers the moon, peace will drown in the ashes of war." A violent battle between AshClan and MoonClan has sparked a war between the t...
19.3K 655 30
The Clans know what they must do, they must leave everything they know behind and venture into a dangerous, unknown and unforgiving world. Honeypaw a...
17.5K 722 39
Experience some of the darkest stories from some of the Clan's most damaged warriors through their own perspective. Squirreltail was an incredibly lo...
16.4K 658 31
An Impossible Task... The travelling cats have been given their task, and it seems impossible. Owlpaw faces the challenge of convincing Sheer Mountai...