Bad Boy Benefits

By oxwallflowerxo

#1 in Popular 29th March 2020 #1 in Teen Romance 19th Oct 2019 & September 08 2020 #1 in Bad Boy on 17th Oct... More

BEFORE YOU READ
AUTHORS NOTES
(1)
(2)
(3)
(4) EDITED MAY 2020
(5)
(6)
(7)
(7.25)
(7.50)
( 8 )
(9)
(10)
( 11 )
(12) EDITED NOV'019
(13) EDITED DEC 2019
(14)
(15)
(16)
(17)
(18)
(19)
(20)
(21)
(22)
(23)
(24)
(25)
(26)
(27)
(28)
Book Cover Vote
(29)
(30)
(31)
(32)
(33)
(34)
(35)
(36)
(37)
(38)
(39)
(40) EDITED NOV '19
(41)
(42)
(43)
(44)
(45)
(46)
(47)
(48)
(49)
(50)
(52)
Bonus Dinner Scene
(53)
(54)
(55)
(56)
(57)
(58)
(59)
(60)
(61)
BRODY WHO?
(62)
(63)
A TRIBUTE TO THE FIRST MAN I EVER LOVED.
(64)
(65)
(66)
(67)
(68)
(69) Epilogue
AUTHOR UPDATE
COVER HELP

(51)

35.4K 929 540
By oxwallflowerxo

Song Above: She Knows J.Cole

If you like this story then please check out my new story Me You And Winnie The Pooh! It needs all the love it can get! 😊🐻🍯

"That arsehole, that mother fucking asshole," Brody clenched his teeth and winched. He was tightly holding onto a icepack to ease his swollen knuckles.

There were bruises already starting to form, shades of purple contrasting his white skin.

Ouch.

We were sat in a small waiting room, what the guards had referred to as the quiet room and were hoping there were no charges to be pressed. The room was small with generic motivational posters, a basic coffee machine and a television that collected dust.

It was almost like a warped version of a time out space you'd put your disobedient child.

In this instance Brody had been disobedient. The guard had strictly said no touching the prisoner. So what does my beloved do? He full on Mike Tyson's his ass.

To say I wasn't proud would be an understatement.

That scum bag deserved it, he deserved more than what he had got. What he had told me when we were alone still played on my mind, his words echoing throughout my skull.

Darlin, I'd been paid to kill her.

I didn't want to believe or comprehend what that meant. What that would change.

Someone had wanted Brody's mom out of the picture, it wasn't a mere coincidence that she was outside a shop during a drive by shooting. They had driven by to specifically shoot her.

Could I tell him this?

It would break his already torn heart. I saw the look on his face when his mom was mentioned. I saw the pain in his eyes, the pain I was all too familiar, almost welcomed and I wouldn't wish that feeling on my worst enemy.

"Ivy, are you okay?" I felt warm fingers cup my chin and my face was titled to meet Brody's worried eyes.

His face was drawn, black circles already swooping under his eyes and his normally pink cheeks had lost all colour.

I couldn't tell him.

Not just yet.

"I'm fine," I lied.

I hated that I lied to him but it was the best I could do for now, until I figured out what I needed to do.

His eyes trailed my face, searching for something, what I wasn't too sure.

"I'm sorry that you saw that, I didn't mean to do that I just..." He trailed, dropping his hand onto his lap and looking down at it with an expression I could only describe as embarrassment.

My heart lurched.

"Don't ever be sorry," I said with so much vindication in my voice it made him look up, "That man, monster deserved what you did, god he deserved more and I hope karma bites him in the ass very soon," I gently placed my hand on his, it was warm and soft, "Brody, words can't even begin to describe how hard that must have been for you,"

He didn't say anything at first, instead he looked down at my hand and carefully turned it over so my palm was facing him. He brought a finger out and as if from memory he traced the lines and creases following roads, outlining a map to a place only he knew.

Every caress warmed my veins and accelerated my breathing.

It was dangerous just how potent his touch was.

"I'd always had a bad temper," he said without looking up, "Mom tried therapy, anger management all that money making bull shit and none of it worked," his fingers worked their way towards my wrist, "She decided she'd find her own method, so when I was angry she asked me to focus on my hand, follow the map and I'd soon find what I was looking for, I thought it was stupid at first, but one day I'd got really mad, I didn't know what to do, so I took her words into action and she was right, she was always right,"

He wrapped his fingers around my wrist, bringing it slowly to reach inches away from his lips. I could feel his hot breath on my skin and it tickled, almost teasingly. I liked it. I liked it a lot.

He looked me dead in my eyes, his whiskey eyes glistening and a small smile tugged at his lips.

"I drew a map to happiness, to where I'd feel most at home and never feel the anger in my chest," He slowly brushed his lips against my skin. I saw the hairs on my arms stand, he noticed too and his eyes glowed in the dim lighting of the room.

"I didn't realise at the time but I was drawing a map to you,"

His words turned my insides into liquid. I was afraid I was going to slide off the chair I was sitting on and become a tangled mess on the floor.

Out of 6 billion people in the world, only one person could make me feel like this.

My person.

Because Brody was my person. You walk past faces everyday, all singing the same tune, walking the same stride as they try to get through to tomorrow. Then one day, as if by pot luck, someone stands out the shadow and sings a bit louder, walks a bit faster and before you know it your running with the wind in your hair and singing to heavens alongside them.

That right there is what we should live for. The moments where we live a bit different, we don't conform to the norm and we don't care whose watching, because the only person you need to care if stood right beside you, your person.

Us vs Them.

That's when the real magic starts.

Without even thinking I moved my hand, leant forward and placed my lips on his. It was quick and soft but it said everything I needed to say in that moment.

He smirked against my lips, "You still reconsidering my handcuff offer?"

I instantly pulled back and slapped him on the shoulder, "No, there is no way in hell i'm letting you handcuff me, you'll probably lose the keys and I'll end up like that Stephen King novel,"

He blinked, "Steven...novel.. king who?"

I sighed and shook my head. There was so much he needed to learn, "Do not worry you uneducated swine,"

"Is he some kind of erotic litera-"

"No," I stopped him, "Just no no no,"

"You know how some couples watch porn together, why don't we read erotic fiction together?," He waggled his eyebrows and I felt the laughter erupt from my throat.

"You can't-," Gasps, "You can't actually believe," Gasps, "The bullshit that comes out of your mouth," I had to hold onto the chairs edge in order to retain myself.

Brody was not impressed.

"I'm trying to spice up your life,"

"You aren't Mel B,"

"Who?"

Help me.

"She's a spice girl? They have a song that says spice up your life? No?"

He blinked.

"Okay, maybe not then...."

He twisted in his chair, bit his lip in a playful way and winked, "Baby, you turn my floppy disk into a hard drive,"

I choked on air.

A clearly bored guard came into the room diffusing whatever weird sexual tension that had developed in the air. His stomach hung over his trousers and his creased shirt was very close to popping open. His eyes flickered between the both of us and he clicked his tongue.

I tried to hide my distaste.

"It's ya lucky day kid," He grumbled, "No one is gonna press chargers so ya free to go home,"

We couldn't have scrambled out of there any faster. I mean I was starting to get cabin fever as the time passed and I knew Brody felt the same.

Brody passed the guard first, just as his receding frame turned the corner the guard stepped in my path subsequently blocking the door.

I slowly looked up at him and frowned, "Can I help you?"

His tired eyes were hard, "You ain't gonna tell the boy are you,"

I took a step back.

He wasn't asking me, he was telling me.

He had heard the truth behind Brody's moms death and he wanted it buried.

Why?

"I'm sorry? I don't quite understand what you are trying to say,"

He laughed bitterly, "Girl, don't be stupid, for your sake and safety," the last bit made me gulp, "I'd keep ya trap shut if you know what's good for you,"

"And why's that?"

I didn't like this guard. Lawless sprung to mind and I almost wanted to shiver. If the people who swore to protect us was on the wrong side then who would we run to when dangerous arose?

He whistled through his teeth, "Jeez you sure ask a lot of questions, so why don't I put it in simple terms, if your boy finds out and starts putting his nose where it shouldn't be, he'll lose more than just a parent, you get what I'm saying now,"

I felt cold.

As if someone had doused me with ice cold water. I could only bring myself to nod. His threats shook me to the core. I felt this sickness eating away at my stomach and I had to get out of there.

He took my silence as an answer, "Im glad you agree sweetheart, wouldn't want your pretty boyfriend to get hurt,"

I went to form some words but I couldn't, luckily Brody appeared to save me. He looked between the guard and myself. If he thought anything you wouldn't be able to tell by the blank mask on his face.

"Ivy, what's wrong? I turned and you weren't there?" 

"I'm coming," I croaked, spearing one last glance at the guard. I hoped he could see all the curses and anger in my eyes.

Whether he was bribed or part of the plan, I wanted him to burn in the fiery pits of hell. If he ever hurt even a hair on Brody's head I'd kill him.

I tore my eyes away to meet Brody's, trying to force a smile, "Let's get out of here,"

"Okay," He nodded, looking at the guard once last time, the cogs in his brain doing over time. He knew something wasn't right, he wasn't stupid. But despite his thoughts, he grabbed my hand, slipping his fingers in between mine and guided me out the door and towards the exit.

I spared a glance over my shoulder to find the guard watching us with a wickedly sweet smile on his face as he slowly waved goodbye.

Then he did something I'll never forget, he brought one finger up to his lips and made a low shushing sound that slivered through me and made my skin crawl.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1K 73 15
How much can you love a man to be able to accept anything just to be with him? .............. "Get up, Bella! Don't make me come to get you up, beca...
346K 7.9K 28
"Why do you care if I kiss other girls? We're not together, we're friends" he stated swallowing his emotions. "You're right, why should I care? Like...
3.1M 78.1K 59
She looks up at me, taking a step forward and smiling slightly, "How can I ever get hurt when I have you here to protect me?" "But you could have got...
19.3K 1K 39
Riley Matthews has gone through a lot. From her mother passing away, to her father being an asshole, from her own emotional issues, and to even her b...