Let's Love ❤️ (Book III)

By Notmyday999

Kongpob and Arthit have been together for years now, and are now transitioning into adulthood. How will they... More

First Day
Business Trip
Big Boys
Max(ed) Out
Quality Time
Bombs Away
Blues Clues
Art of Distraction
Art of Debate
Art of Seduction
Five Minutes
Yes & Yes
Fit and Fitting
(Sex)treme Makeover
Forever
Say Something
Lucky Charms
Who is Elvis?
Where's The Magic?
Ho-Ho-Ho
The Happiest Place on Earth
Little Cheeks
Dimples
31 Flavors
Always Be My Baby
Lost & Found

2 + 2 = 2

3K 248 139
By Notmyday999

Arthit stepped into a cute cafe near his office for lunch. Sara had called him out of the blue to meet. He hasn't seen Sara much since college graduation. He was really surprised, but happy to see her at his engagement party a month ago at his family home.

He spotted Sara sitting at a corner table, so he quickly walked over.

"Hey Sara! How are you?"

"I'm doing well. I'm so happy for you and Kongpob."

"Thank you. I was happy to see you at the engagement party."

"I wouldn't miss it for the world. You two make me believe in love."

"Mmm... sometimes I find it hard to believe too."

"I can't believe Kongpob had planned to propose to you five years ago. How is he so romantic, yet so oblivious at the same time?"

"You tell me. He baffles me all the time. He came home with a homemade cake from a girl at his office one day, and told me he was being a guinea pig for his co-worker. The cake was heart shaped, and fully decorated." Arthit rolled his eyes.

"Hahaha. Well, your secretary Mia told me you are breaking a few hearts of your own at your workplace." Sara said smirking.

"Well, what can I do? I met Mr. Right in my crib."

Sara rolled her eyes.

"Did you order yet?" Arthit asked as he flagged a waitress over.

"Yeah, I ordered already."

A waitress came over right away.

"Hello sir. What would you like today?"

"I would like lunch set A with an iced coffee. Thank you." Arthit hands the menu back to the waitress.

"It will be right up." The waitress walked away.

"Arthit, I have a favor to ask." Sara looked at Arthit nervously.

"What is it? I will try my best to help." Arthit said sincerely.

"Uhm....the thing is...um." Sara stopped, and hesitated.

"Sara, are you in some kind of trouble? You can tell me anything." Arthit is now worried seeing how nervous Sara looked.

"No. No, it's nothing like that. Uh, remember how we used to just let people think that we were dating back in school?"

"Yes, of course. Kongpob won't let me forget." Arthit said exasperatedly.

"Hehe....well, the thing is, I actually started that rumor."

"What? Why?" Arthit is surprised at the revelation.

"Well, I found that sketch you made of Kongpob, so I knew you would be safe for me. The things is, I was confused at the time, and there were all these boys approaching me. I got scared, so I needed a fake boyfriend."

"Okay, I knew that. It worked in my favor too. It kept others away from me too. But what do you mean you were confused?"

Sara looked intensely into Arthit's eyes trying to convey what she thinks should be understood by now.

"Why are you staring at me like that? Is this a contest?"

Sara face palmed herself. "Arthit, I'm gay. I'm a lesbian." The words came out a little louder than she wanted. She looked around the cafe, and quickly turned back as she caught a few people looking her way.

"Are you serious? How come I never noticed?" Arthit is shocked by Sara's confession.

"Do you ever notice anything that doesn't involve Kongpob?"

"Well....uhm...hmm. Fair question." Arthit admitted.

The waitress came over with both their orders.

"Please enjoy, and let me know if you need anything else." The waitress smiled, and walked away.

"So, how can I help you?" Arthit asked as he picked up his sandwich for a bite.

Sara thought for a while, and then said, "I've not come out to anyone. You are the first."

"Really? Not even your family?"

Sara shook her head.

"I'm honored, but why me? Are you straight for me now? I'm taken you know."

"Maybe I should have asked Kongpob instead." Sara is getting frustrated.

"No, I can help you. Just tell me what you need." Arthit said defensively.

Sara looked around again before she spoke, "I am interested in someone. She was at your engagement party."

"Really? There were a lot of people at our party. Can you be more specific?"

"I think her name is Aom. She hung around your grandma a lot."

"Yes, Aom. She is a very nice girl. She likes my sister though." Arthit said without thinking.

Sara's face immediately fell after hearing that.

"But that was a long time ago. I'm sure she has gotten over Krystal by now. That was many years ago. They hardly see each other now." Arthit tried to convince Sara.

"Will you help me then? Do you think you can help us meet again?" Sara asked.

"How about we go on a double date? I haven't been on a date with my fiancé yet?" Arthit said giggling.

Sara rolled her eyes, "how is it different from any other date you two go on?"

"Of course it's different. Before he was just my boyfriend, but now I get to call him my fiancé. You won't understand until it happens to you." Arthit said as he took another big bite of his sandwich.

Sara just nods. She doesn't know if it will ever happen for her. It took her years to figure out that she liked women. So at this rate, it will probably take her eons to find a fiancé.

They finished up lunch, and parted ways. Arthit promised to setup a double date for them by the weekend. He was so excited. Like Toota, Sara was also a friend that helped him and Kongpob get together. Sara had also helped keep other girls away from his Kong back in college. He would love to return the favor, and help her find her happiness too. Aom on the hand has become such a close family friend, and her unrequited love for Krystal has always made Arthit feel sad. So, this is just perfect. Now, he just has to get Kongpob on board.

That night Arthit excitedly told Kongpob about Sara's interest in Aom.

"So, what do you think? A double date would be perfect, right?" Arthit asked as he climbed into bed laying next to Kongpob.

"Hmm, I don't know if we should meddle in other's business. What if Aom doesn't agree to the double date?"

"We can just say we are hanging out. We don't have to call it a date. We just need to give them a chance to meet again."

Kongpob really doesn't think they should. At least not without asking Aom about the matter first.

"I think we should ask Aom if she is interested in meeting someone before we setup anything."

"If we asked, she may be too shy to go. This is a good way to help her move on from Krystal. And besides, we are not forcing them together. We are simply presenting an opportunity. Can't you be a better friend?"

"Fine. Let's just not make it awkward, and keep it casual." Kongpob gave in. There's no point in arguing with Arthit once his mind is set. He just hopes it will work out for Sara and Aom like Arthit wants it to.

~~~~~~

Saturday

Arthit asked Aom to hang out, and help shop for a gift for Grammy's upcoming birthday. Aom didn't want to be the third wheel, so she declined at first. Then Arthit told her that Sara will also go to shop for Toota and Sam's wedding gift. After a little more persuading, Aom finally agreed to go.

They all agreed to meet up at the mall.

Kongpob and Arthit were standing there waiting hand in hand. Ever since they got engaged, their fathers announced their engagement to their respective companies. So now, Arthit and Kongpob can openly hold hands in public. Their engagement was even briefly covered by the local news. Overall, people were supportive of their relationship. Many co-workers and board members congratulated them upon their return to work, and that was more than they could have asked for.

Sara arrived half running in her heels. She was wearing a pink mini-dress with a denim jacket.

Sara: I'm sorry for being late. Traffic was terrible.

Sara panted trying to catch her breath.

Kongpob: That's okay we are just early. Aom hasn't arrived yet.

Arthit: Yeah. Aom texted me saying the bus is stuck in traffic.

Kongpob: Wait here for me.

Kongpob walked away leaving Arthit and Sara there.

Sara: Where is he going?

Arthit: To the bathroom, maybe?

Sara: So Aom agreed to this double date?

Arthit: Well, let's just say we are hanging out together. There's a lot of pressure when you call it a date. Right?

Sara: I guess, but did you tell her anything about me? Uhm, you know, like I'm interested in her.

Arthit: Well, not exactly. I think it's better if it comes from you. It's more sincere.

Sara nods in agreement. She just hopes that Aom is open to getting to know her. She has never actually dated, and she herself is a nervous wreck.

Kongpob comes back handing a bottle of water, and a pack of tissues to Sara.

Kongpob: Here, drink this. It's hot today, and you are all flushed from the heat.

Arthit frowned at his fiancé. Why does he keep doing things like this?

Sara: Thank you Kongpob. If I wasn't a lesbian, I would fall for you too.

Arthit's head couldn't turn quick enough to glare at Sara. In which Sara just chuckled.

Arthit: What about me Kong?

Kongpob points to the bottle of Oishi honey apple juice that's in Arthit's hand. Arthit opened the bottle, and chugged the rest of the drink down.

Aom finally spots the three of them, and makes her way over to them. She was wearing a simple white t-shirt, and a pair of faded denim shorts paired with white high top sneakers.

Aom: Hi everyone. I'm sorry I'm late.

Arthit: It's okay, we haven't been here that long. Aom, this is Sara. Sara, this is Aom.

Arthit introduced the two women.

Aom: Hi Sara. We've met at their engagement party last month. You look so pretty. I like your dress.

Sara: Yes, you remember me?

Sara blushed.

Aom: Yeah, you were Arthit's girlfriend in highschool, right? That's what I've heard.

Arthit glanced at Kongpob, and saw his frowning face. When will he get over that fake relationship?

Sara: Hehe....that was just a misunderstanding. We were never romantically involved.

Arthit wanted to change the subject right away. He squeezed Kongpob's hand.

Arthit: Let's get some lunch first.

Everyone nodded in agreement, and walked to the nearby noodle restaurant.

Kongpob was irritated, and Arthit was trying to soothe his fiancé. They all sat down at a table for four by the window. Kongpob and Arthit sat together on one side, and Aom and Sara sat on the other side.

Arthit kept running his hand up and down Kongpob's thigh, trying to coax him to talk. Kongpob ignored him, and kept his face looking out the window.

"Kong, I'll let you have all my meatballs."

"You can keep all your meatballs."

"We can go get your favorite ice cream after this."

"My favorite ice cream is one of your favorite ice creams. You will just end up eating mine when you are done with yours."

"Fine. I won't have any ice cream then. That can be my punishment."

"I never said I wanted to punish you."

They continued going back and forth this way while the two women sat awkwardly silent across from them.

Aom sighed. "It's always like this with them. I don't know why they asked me to come hangout with them. They clearly don't need any company."

"Yep. They've always been like this, even in highschool, and probably before that." Sara rolled her eyes.

"Aom, did you know that I had a hand in getting them together? I indirectly got Kongpob to admit his feelings for Arthit."

"Really? I got them to come out to their family."

"Wow, I guess we both played a role in their relationship."

Both women giggled watching the two quarreling men in front of them.

When their food came, Arthit had quickly placed all his meatballs in Kongpob's bowl while the latter quickly returned the said meatballs back to his fiancé's bowl. Somewhere along the way, Kongpob gave up, and he just let Arthit feed him.

"Say ah....open wide." Arthit held another meatball in front of Kongpob's mouth, and the latter just complied.

The two women soon finished their food, and just silently slipped away to go catch a movie. They vowed to never hangout with the two men again.

The two men didn't realize that they were left behind until they were done with their own food.

Later that evening, Arthit called to check on Sara. Sara then informed him that she had successfully asked Aom to hangout again next week. Thus, Arthit declared himself a successful matchmaker.

"See Kong, I knew I can get them together."

Kongpob shook his head, and smiled at his silly fiancé.

~~~~~~
AN: How do you guys feel about Sara and Aom getting together? ❤️

Sorry if this chapter wasn't so good. I think it's just meh too, but I've been trying to find Aom a happy ending. So, that's what I came up with. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

3.9M 104K 58
Amanda Jones and Christian Matthews, the two best friends that everyone thought was a couple. The were the closest pair of friends you would ever mee...
205K 9K 31
Win and Bright use to date each other but after Win finding out that Bright cheated, left him with a broken heart. With a corrupted business, Metawi...
5.8K 468 7
Mew and Gulf were high school friends; they were inseparable. It has been six years since they decided to be together as a couple. It is Gulf's birth...
125K 6.9K 45
Gulf, drunk out of his wits, had a one night stand with a complete stranger. However, as much as he wants to forget about it, he never knew that the...