Remnant's Black Snow Hope [Un...

By CameronKiller535

Rwby Harem x Depressed Fem Reader Rights Belong To Roosterteeth More

Volume 1 Bio Updated
Harem
Chapter 1 Redux: Chilly Start
Chapter 2 Redux: Chance For Change
Chapter 3 Redux: Burdens
Chapter 4 Redux: The Initiation
Chapter 6 Redux: Faltering Wills
Chapter 7 Redux: Rise & Fall
Chapter 8 Redux: Useless
Chapter 9 Redux: Erased
Chapter 10 Redux: Last Act
Chapter 11 Redux: Comfort
Volume Two Bio Redux
Chapter 12 Redux: Fatal Chapter
Chapter 13 Redux: Food Fight!
Chapter 14 Redux: Schemes
Chapter 15 Redux: Night Out
Chapter 16 Redux: Iron Claws
Chapter 17 Redux: Affections
Chapter 18 Redux: Sharing
Chapter 19 Redux: Just Dance
Chapter 20 Redux: Setting Out
Chapter 21 Redux: Purpose
Chapter 22 Redux: Duty-bound
Chapter 23 Redux: Risking It All
Chapter 24 Redux: Inversion
Chapter 25 Redux: Intertwined
Chapter 26 Redux: Treatment
Chapter 27 Redux: Petaling Snow
Chapter 28 Redux: Sick Queen
Chapter 29 Redux: Radiant
Chapter 30 Redux: Lamenting Jester
Volume 3 Bio Redux
Chapter 32: New Territory
Chapter 33: Scorpions Tail
Chapter 34: Painful Answers
Chapter 35: Struggles
Chapter 36: Renewed Hope
Volume 5 Chapter 37: Changes
Volume 5 Bio
Chapter 38: Marching On
Chapter 39: Evolution
Chapter 40: Back Together
Chapter 41: Old Times
Chapter 42: Mercy
Chapter 43: Shattered Part 1
Chapter 44: Awakened Part 2
Chapter 45: Blade
Chapter 46: Fight Club
Volume 6 Bio
Chapter 47: Journey to Argus
Chapter 48: Immortal
Chapter 49: Hope Lost
Chapter 50: Apathy
Chapter 51: Argus
Chapter 52: Ruby's Resolve
Chapter 53: The Plan
Chapter 54: Bonds
Chapter 55: Leviathan
Chapter 56: Atlas
Volume 7 Rival Bio
Chapter 57: New Territory
Volume 7 Bio
Chapter 58: Elites
Chapter 59: Need to Improve
Chapter 60: Queen's Blade
Chapter 61: Empress vs Queen
Chapter 62: Panic
Chapter 63: Family Revelations
Chapter 64: Trust
Chapter 65: Fear
The Plan
Chapter 66: Courage
Chapter 67 is out now
Chapter 67: War on Atlas
Volume 7 Ending Chapter 68: New Snow Fall
Epilogue: Black Snow At Peace
Chapter 70: Strange Yet Familiar
Author Route Volume 8 Bio
Volume 8 Karen and Akame Bio
Chapter 71: Feelings Of Pain
Chapter 72: Memories Hurt
Chapter 73: Little Moon
Chapter 74: Ayuki's Past
Team AASH (ASH)
Team EATH (EARTH)
Chapter 75: Queen's Trials
Sorry Once Again
Chapter 76: Memories Unraveling
Chapter 77: Secrets Revealed
Volume 8 End: Promise Between Empresses
Small Idea
Slice of Life Chapter 1: Video Game
SOL Chapter 2: Frozen Lemons 18+
SOL Chapter 3: Fear Of Belonging
SOL Chapter 4: Moon and Snow
Mother's Day

Chapter 5 Redux: Chained Jester

5.9K 130 57
By CameronKiller535

3rd Person POV:

Amongst many falling black snowflakes, Y/N is seen descending alongside them as her eyes are dilated revealing that she's currently left in a trance-like state.

She continues her descent until multiple chains made of black ice spring out from nothingness, the chains wrap around Y/N binding her in place as the young girl doesn't even react.

Her dead-eyed gaze meets with a small sphere of light, that circles around its only source of company before forming into a young girl wearing a purple dress as her most prominent features are the bandages covering her eyes and the shackles with long chains that bind both her arms and legs together.

???: Why do you desire to fall? (leans down to be face-to-face with Y/N) I won't allow you to disappear.

???: (radiates a menacing aura) Not until I become the ruler of this body. (manipulates her chain bindings as she wraps some around Y/N's neck) I have remained as your jester in silence for years, you have brought me much pain in the past and I desire retribution.

???: (lightly strangles Y/N, who remains unresponsive before undoing the chains) However, patience is a virtue and I will wait for my time to become the ruler. You will suffer by my hands and only once you've been broken down into nothing but fragments, that is when I will allow you to descend into nothingness.

She dissolves her chain-like bindings on Y/N, who remains in her dead-eyed state as she soon falls within the dark void until a loud cracking sound is all that is heard.

Y/N awakens in the real world as her eyes slowly flutter open, she sits up from her sleeping bag before feeling a stinging sensation in her eyes as tears are seen running down her face.

Y/N: W-Why am I crying? Did I have another nightmare?

Her Aura begins to increase from her heightened emotions as Y/N quickly takes notice and suppresses the sudden rise of power. Y/N looks to see all of Team RWBY sleeping as it's the sun is slowly rising outside.

Daylight fills the room as Y/N gathers her belongings and places them in her bag. She proceeds to head to her dorm room's bathroom and freshens herself up for the day ahead.

Upon looking at her reflection, Y/N notices that her pupils have become slit as she looks at the reflection a second time seeing her pupils have turned back to normal.

Y/N: Maybe it was just my imagination.

The young girl finishes up as she grabs her school uniform and changes out of her pajamas. Now ready for her first day, Y/N looks at her scroll to see that the current time is 7:25 am.

She makes her way over to Ruby and proceeds to lightly shake the silver-eyed.

Y/N: Ruby, it's time to wake up. (still shaking her) You wanted to decorate the dorm around this time.

Ruby's eyes slowly open as her first sight is Y/N, who has a gentle smile looking down at her.

Y/N: Good morning, Ruby.

Ruby: (blushing) G-Good morning.

Ruby: (sits up from her bed) Thanks for waking me up Y/N.

Y/N: It's no problem. I wanted to give you and the others enough time to decorate the room like we talked about yesterday.

Ruby: Oh, right! How much time do we have left?

Y/N: About an hour before classes start.

Ruby: Alright, let's get the others up.

Y/N: Right.

The two proceed to wake Yang and Blake leaving Weiss the only one still asleep. Ruby attempts to wake the Schnee girl, who only groans in response before lightly pushing her leader away.

Before Ruby could attempt to wake her again, Yang approaches her with a whistle accompined with a mischievous grin that Ruby returns once she realizes what her older sister wants her to do.

Ruby leans down on her teammate before blowing into a whistle resulting in a loud noise, which causes Weiss to wake up in shock as she proceeds to fall off her bed.

Ruby: Good morning, Team RWBY!

Weiss: (from the floor) What in the world is wrong with you?

Ruby: (ignoring the question) Now that you're awake, we can officially begin our first order of business.

Weiss: (getting up and brushing herself off) Excuse me?

Yang: (holding a collection of objects - pillows, pamphlets, a candle-holder - in her arms, also dressed in her school uniform alongside Blake) Decorating!

Weiss: What?!

Blake: (lifting her suitcase) We still have to unpack. (the suitcase opens, spilling its contents) Aaaand clean.

Y/N: It shouldn't take that long, besides we still have about an hour before classes even start.

Weiss does not look enthusiastic at the team's current objective, especially when Ruby knocks her back again with the blow of her whistle.

Ruby: Aaaalright! Y/N, Weiss, Blake, Yang, and their fearless leader Ruby have begun their first mission! (raises her fist into the air) Banzai!

Blake & Yang: (doing the same at her sides) Banzai!

Y/N: (shyly joining them) Banzai...

The group keep their enthusiasm for decorating as Weiss lays on the floor completely unamused at the situation.

After settling down all the girls gather their things as Yang places a poster of six guys in various poses named "THE ACHIEVE MEN" on her part of the room. Meanwhile, Weiss and Y/N are both seen positioning the painting of the Forever Fall forest to perfection before walking away and gathering more decorations for the room.

Blake is busy putting away her books on the shelves, picking up a copy of Ninjas of Love and widening her eyes as she warily looks around before putting it back while Ruby positions Crescent Rose at an exact angle against the curtains before perfectly slashing a diagonal portion off.

The girls stand together to review their work as everything seems to be placed perfectly with the exception being that Team RWBY's beds are cramped together in the center of the floor.

Weiss: This isn't going to work.

Blake: It is a bit cramped.

Yang: Maybe we should ditch some of our stuff...

Ruby: Or we could ditch the beds... and replace them with bunk beds!

Y/N: That could work.

Weiss: Umm, that sounds incredibly dangerous.

Yang: And super-awesome!

Blake: It does seem efficient.

Weiss: Well, we should put it to a vote!

Ruby: I think we just did.

They vote on the decision as Y/N and Blake both give a thumbs up while Yang makes a double-rocker gesture, and Weiss angrily curls her fists at her side.

Now in agreement, they rush at the beds, where sounds of jackhammering and sawing are heard until they gather back at the front of the room.

Ruby: Objective: Complete!

The final result of their work has Weiss' bed simply on the ground next to her art and luggage, Blake's bed is next to her books, which are used to raise Yang's bed over it by placing the novels on the posts, and Ruby's is hanging from ropes on the ceiling with a blanket used as a tent over it.

Ruby: Allllright! Our second order of business iiiiiiiis...! (climbs up to her bunk and places a book on her lap) Classes...(pulls out a pencil) Now, we have a few classes together today. At nine, we've got to be-

Weiss: What?! Did you say 9 o'clock?

Ruby: Uuuum...

Weiss: It's 8:55, you dunce!

Weiss is the first rushing out of the room and down the hall, the members of RWBY and JNPR both peek out from their doorways to look at her go.

Ruby: (flabbergasted until she decides:) To class!

She runs out as the rest of her teammates follow after.

Jaune: "Class...?"

He loses his balance and ends up toppling Nora, Ren, and Pyrrha on top of him. He manages to get out from under them and start dashing.

Jaune: We're gonna be late!

In the courtyard, Professor Ozpin and Professor Goodwitch watch the two teams hurry through the school. Glynda looks at her watch, and Ozpin simply sips his drink.

Having just barely made it to class on time, Team RWBY and JNPR are seated at their own rows as the instructor for the class is Professor Port, who's main lesson is on Grimm studies, which is made known with the sight of an axe-blunderbuss weapon mounted above multiple portraits displaying various species of Grimm - King Taijitu, Death Stalker, Beowolf, Boarbatusk, Nevermore, and Ursa shown behind the professor.

Port: Monsters! Deeeemons... Prowlers of the night! Yes, the creatures of Grimm have many names, but I merely refer to them as prey! Ha-ha!

In the front row, Team RWBY are all listening to the story in varying stages of interest; Blake, Yang, and Y/N are all sitting up and paying attention, Weiss is taking notes, and Ruby has her head propped in her hand as she takes a quick nap until she is woken back up by Port's bad joke, which receives a cricket-filled silence as a result.

Port: Uhhhh... And you shall too, upon graduating from this prestigious academy! Now, as I was saying: Vale, as well as the other three kingdoms, are safe havens in an otherwise treacherous world!

Port: Our planet is absolutely teeming with creatures that would love nothing more than to tear you to pieces! And that's where we come in. Huntsmen! Huntresses...(gives Yang a wink, which she groans uncomfortably at)...Individuals who have sworn to protect those who cannot protect themselves! From what, you ask? Why, the very world!

Random Student: (raises his fist) Ayyyy-yep! (stands like this for a moment as everyone looks at him strangely before sitting down, embarrassed)

Port: That is what you are training to become. But first: A story. A tale of a young, handsome man... Me! When I was a boy...

His words fade into the background as Y/N has her focus lessen once she takes notice to the low hum of her Aura bracelets. She looks around to see everyone is distracted before discreetly taking one of them off.

Her body feels an intense increase of Aura as a slight cold air makes its way around the classroom, this results in some students briefly seeing their own breath as Y/N quickly puts on the bracelet and suppresses her increase in power.

Y/N: Why is it like this? My Aura should be calmer since I'm awake.

She looks around to see nobody has noticed the cause of the sudden shift of temperature was her. Now, somewhat panicking Y/N attempts to distract herself by looking at Ruby, who's focus is seemingly left entirely on her schoolwork.

It's revealed that Ruby's work is simply a ball-with-limbs-and-a-head drawing of Professor Port with stink lines coming from him and "Professor Poop" written underneath. The silver-eyed girl proceeds to blow a quick raspberry, which causes Yang and Blake to laugh while Weiss looks annoyed from the act as Y/N is left with a feeling of nostalgia.

Y/N: I guess even classrooms meant to train Huntsmen aren't that different from normal schools.

???: Not like you had much of a school life to begin with.

Y/N: Wait, why did I just think that?

Her thoughts are interrupted as Professor Port is heard regaining some of his students attention.

Port: Ah-heh-hem! (waits until he has their attention again) In the end, the Beowolf was no match for my sheer tenacity, and I returned to my village with the beast in captivity and my head held high, celebrated as a hero!

The teacher takes a bow as Weiss slowly gets more and more frustrated with Ruby's antics while Y/N's attention is drawn to the two large cages on the far side of the classroom, which results in her eyes dilating.

Port: The moral of this story? A true Huntsman must be honorable!

Ruby is seen balancing an apple on a book with her pencil held only by her finger while making a silly face.

Port: A true Huntsman must be dependable!

Ruby has fallen asleep once again in the first class of the year.

Port: A true Huntsman must be strategic, well-educated, and wise!

Ruby is now not-so-subtly picking her nose, much to Weiss' building anger.

Port: So, who among you believes themselves to be the embodiment of these traits?

Weiss: (still angry, she raises her hand) I do, sir!

Port: Well, then, it appears we have two volunteers?

Weiss: Huh? (looks up to see Y/N, who's still in a trance-like state has her hand raised)

Port: Luckily I managed to capture two different specimens of prey for you two to begin hunting. Gather your gear!

Y/N: There's no need for that. (steps down as her Aura gradually radiates off her body, which results in her pupils becoming slit) Release my prey.

Port: Hmm, very well.

Ruby: (grabs Y/N's hand the moment she nearly passes her downstairs) Are you sure about this, Y/N?

Y/N: (forming a psychotic grin) Don't worry. I'll be sure to bring some much needed entertainment for this class as it is my obligation as a Jester.

Ruby: (tilts her head in confusion) "Jester"?

Y/N simply ignores her question and continues onward as she now stands in the center of the class turning to  Professor Port, who's now wielding his weapon Blowhard aims the axe at the lock of one of the caged doors.

Port: Allllright! (swings his axe down at the lock) Let the match... begin!

The lock is cut open as an Alpha Beowolf comes rushing out from the cage.

Y/N: A Beowolf....(forms an even wider psychotic grin)... Perfect.

She gets into her fighting stance as the Wolf Grimm lunges at her ready to attack its prey, unbeknownst to the creature of darkness its fate was already sealed.

Y/N dodges the attack as suddenly the sound of chains are heard, it is revealed that Y/N has formed multiple chains of black ice, which proceeds to wrap itself around the Beowolves arms, legs, and neck.

The Grimm is left helpless as its lifted into the air by the chains, Y/N then proceeds to stare down the creature as her eyes continue to brim with overwhelming power. Her stare results in the Beowolf to shake in fear as everyone in the class is left in shock.

Blake: The Grimm is actually scared of her?

Yang: Don't see that everyday.

Suddenly, in one quick motion the Beowolf's left arm is torn off causing the creature to scream out in pain. Another moment passes as Y/N proceeds to tear off the Grimm's right leg further increasing its pain.

Port: Uh, Miss L/N, I don't mean to discuss your methods but I believe the prey has endured quite enough.

Y/N: (pouting) Aww, way to ruin my fun~

She proceeds to tear off the remaining limbs of the Beowolf, which soon lands on the ground as Y/N slowly approaches and steps on the creatures neck.

Y/N: (forms a small dark sphere of energy from her fingertips) Bye-bye~

She fires a small beam of Aura, which tears through the Beowolf's skull leaving the creature to fade into nothingness.

Y/N: How boring~ (closes her eyes) Time to let you see my handy work.

Y/N opens her eyes, which have returned to their normal state as she is left witnessing the fading Beowolf's corpse.

Y/N: (falls on her butt in surprise) Ah!

She stands herself back up before looking around her surroundings to see the shocked audience, who were all left to bare witness to her sadistic display of power.

Y/N: (turning to Professor Port) P-Professor?

Port: (snapping out of his shock) Oh! Yes, quite the impressive hunt of prey Miss L/N.

Y/N: I killed that Grimm...?

Suddenly, Y/N feels a strong headache which causes her to hold her head in pain.

Y/N: M-May I be excused please?

Port: You may.

She rushes out the classroom as Weiss comes back in her combat attire, confused on her teammate's sudden exit. The Ice Queen turns to her teammates, who all have concerned expressions which soon change into ones of excitement.

Port: Are you ready, Miss Schnee?

Weiss: Yes.

Despite Y/N's gruesome display from the fight before the enterity of Port's class, everyone finds themselves cheering in excitement of the new battle to come as Weiss makes her way to the center of the classroom.

Yang: (raising her fist) Goooo, Weiss!

Blake: (waving a small flag saying "RWBY") Fight well!

Ruby: Yeah, represent Teeeeam RWBY!

Weiss: (lowering her sword and looking over at her "leader") Ruby! I'm trying to focus!

Ruby: (looking sheepish) Oh, um... Sorry...

Port: Allllright! (next to the cage, pulling out Blowhard) Let the match... begin!

The professor swings down and breaks the lock, dropping the cage door and revealing the Boarbatusk inside, which immediately charges at Weiss.

She uses Myrtenaster to deflect its attack and roll to the side, readying herself for its next move. The Grimm stands a distance away from its attacker, studying her.

Port: Ha-ha! Wasn't expecting that, were you?

Ruby: Hang in there, Weiss!

Weiss is now speeding towards the oncoming Boarbatusk, sticking her blade straight at its skull until they meet and Myrtenaster is trapped in the beast's tusks. The Ice Queen is still left hanging on to the hilt, and is tossed around as she struggles to get the rapier back.

Port: Bold, new approach. I like it!

Ruby: Come on, Weiss, show it who's boss!

Weiss momentarily turns to glare at Ruby, leaving her completely distracted as the Boarbatusk turns its head and rip the sword from her grip. Myrtenaster is left landing a few feet away from its owner, who is knocked back by the creature's tusks.

Port: Oh-ho! Now what will you do without your weapon?

Weiss looks up just in time to see the Boarbatusk charge again, rolling out of the way just in time to avoid getting trampled and make it crash into a desk. The Schnee girl proceeds to rush towards her weapon before sliding to  rearm herself with Myrtenaster.

Ruby: Weiss! Go for its belly! There's no armor underneath-

Weiss: (turning to Ruby) Stop telling me what to do!

Ruby looks hurt at Weiss' rebuttal. Meanwhile, the Boarbatusk leaps into the air and rolls into a ball, spinning rapidly in the air and landing on the ground, consistently gaining speed until it launches itself at Weiss.

The Grimm comes closer and closer, but Weiss activates one of her blue-white circles and blocks the roll, leaping up into the now-black snowflake symbol and turning it blue again so she can drive the blade into the Boarbatusk's stomach. It squeals and falls silent while Weiss gasps in relief.

Port: Bravo! Bra-vo! It appears we are indeed in the presence of a true Huntress-in-training! (as Weiss stands up at attention from her exhausted position while Ruby continues to frown) I'm afraid that's all the time we have for today. Be sure to cover the assigned readings, and... stay vigilant! Class dismissed!

Weiss glares and turns away, walking hurriedly to the exit past her teammates.

Jaune: (watching her leave) Sheesh, what's with her?

The remaining members of Team RWBY look at each other with the same question.

Weiss is still storming off, but Ruby turns a corner and manages to catch up with her.

Ruby: Weiss!

Weiss: (turning around) What?

Ruby: What's wrong with you? Why are you being-?

Weiss: What's wrong with me? What's wrong with you?! You're supposed to be a leader, and all you've been so far is a nuisance!

Ruby: (scoffs) What did I do?

Weiss: That's just it - you've done nothing to earn your position! Back in the forest, you acted like a child, and you've only continued to do so!

Ruby: Weiss, where is this coming from? What happened to all the talk about 'working together'? I thought you believed in acting as a team.

Weiss: Not a team led by you. I've studied and trained. And quite frankly, I deserve better. (turns her back to Ruby, trying to reach out but dropping her hand with the following words) Ozpin made a mistake. (walks away as Ruby looks dejected)

Ozpin: (standing right behind a surprised Ruby with a coffee in one hand and his cane in the other) Hmm... Now that didn't seem to go very well.

Ruby: (looking doubtful, even on the verge of tears) Is she right? Did you make a mistake?

Ozpin: (laughing slightly) That remains to be seen.

Meanwhile, Weiss is seen walking around the halls before finally making it to the balcony as she leans on the railing in frustration.

Weiss: Where is he?

Her thoughts are interrupted by the sound of someone crying as she looks around to see Y/N, who's currently behind the entry way to the balcony hugging her knees while letting out small whimpers.

Weiss: Y/N?

Y/N: (startled) W-Weiss!? (quickly takes off her glasses to wipe away her tears before standing up to run away) I'm sorry!

Before she could run away, Weiss grabs her hand.

Weiss: Wait!

Y/N: (stops in her tracks) P-Please, let me go.

Weiss: You're freezing...(leads Y/N back to entry way before sitting down together) Y/N, are you okay?

Y/N: I-I'm fine.

Weiss: (noticing the redness of her eyes) H-Have you've been crying?

Y/N: It's nothing, my head just really hurts that's all.

The two are left in an awkward silence as Weiss is left unsure on how to break the tension between them.

Y/N: (speaking up) W-What are you doing here?

Weiss: I was looking for Professor Port.

Y/N: I think he was here earlier.

Weiss: (let's out an agitated sign) I guess I'll just have to talk to him tomorrow.

Y/N: You seem really stressed about this. Is something wrong? 

Weiss: It's just....I think it would be better if I was the leader of Team RWBY.

Y/N let's out a cute giggle that causes Weiss to blush a little before returning to her cold demeanor.

Weiss: W-What's so funny?!

Y/N: It's just what would the team name be....SYBR (Saber)?

Weiss: I actually kind of like that name.

Y/N: But...I think Ruby should stay as leader.

Weiss: Why?! You saw how she was during class, just doing nothing but joking around and acting like everything we're learning is nothing but games.

Weiss: I've trained my whole life for this, so why choose her and not me?

Y/N: (timidly looks down but continues to speak) I think it has something to do with your attitude.

Weiss: Excuse me?

Y/N: I-I don't mean to be rude, but with how you've been acting right now it proves you haven't ever been told "no" before.

Y/N: You're a Heiress, so you've probably been given everything you ever wanted without much resistance, right?

Weiss: T-That's not true. (downcast) I mean it's not mostly true.

Y/N: Weiss, you've been given a one in a hundred chance to learn at a prestigious academy to become a Huntress. While Ruby and I have been given a one in a million chance to do the same despite the age gap.

Y/N: I can't speak for Ruby, but being here is really terrifying. This new environment and all these amazing people, all of it makes me feel so small in comparison and that if I make one mistake I'll be letting them all down.

Y/N: The only way for me to calm down even a little is to try and act like nothing's changed at all. I believe Ruby only acted like that is because she still thinks that Beacon is like her old school as without this mindset it would only make her more stressed out than she already is.

Weiss: She's stressed?

Y/N: Ruby's been made the leader of a team consisting of much more experienced people yet despite that fact, she's already proven that she has the instinct and judgement to handle it.

Weiss: What do you mean?

Y/N: During Initiation, we all would've lost to that Nevermore ten times over, if it weren't for her plan. She managed to create a strategy by taking all of our skills into account and utilized them in the most efficient way possible despite the hectic conditions we were left in.

Y/N: I choose to believe in Ozpin's decision and will try do my best to work with Ruby as her teammate.

Weiss: I...think I understand what you mean. So, what should I do?

Y/N: Cherish what you have and improve yourself for the sake of the team. (forms a small smile) Life can be unfair and cruel but I believe that moving forward and choosing to take in all that's happened in a positive light can lead to achieving more.

Weiss: I see...(forms a small smile) Thanks Y/N.

Y/N: (blushing from the sense of affection) F-For what? I just told you how I felt about it.

Weiss: I think you gave me an idea on what I need to do now. (suddenly comes to a realization) Oh! I just realized we've only been talking about my problems.

Weiss: Sorry, Y/N.

Y/N: I-It's okay.

Weiss: Does you head still hurt?

Y/N: A little...

Before she could continue the black-haired girl suddenly feels a warm sensation on her head as it's revealed that Weiss is patting her head.

Weiss: Does it still hurt?

Y/N: (face heating up from the embarssment) W-Weiss...?

Weiss: (realizing what she's doing) S-Sorry! I...have to go!

The Schnee girl proceeds to head from the balcony, leaving Y/N, who stands near the railing to look at the sunset.

???: What a hypocrite. (In a mocking tone) "Life can be unfair and cruel but I believe that moving forward and choosing to take in all that's happened in a positive light can lead to achieving more." You don't actually believe that complete garbage, do you?

???: You say you're moving forward but all you're doing is trying to impress people so they won't leave you. You don't want them to know the true you...Just a weak girl that can't do anything.

Y/N: (tears streaming down her face) Y-You're right...

Later that evening, in the dorm room of Team RWBY, the door opens as Weiss' shadow is seen against the hall's light. Blake is seen sleeping under the covers, Yang is spread out on her bed and snoring, and when Weiss lifts the blanket of Ruby's tent, she finds the silver-eyed girl with her head resting on notes, a pencil in her hand, and open books all around her.

Weiss, looking amazed at Ruby's determination, clears her throat and gently shakes the other girl awake, who takes a second to regain consciousness and start flailing in surprise.'

Ruby: Weiss! I-I was studying, and then I fell asleep! I'm sorry...

Weiss places a hand over Ruby's mouth and puts a finger to her own so Ruby understands the need for lowering her voice.

Weiss then looks near Ruby's pillow and spots an empty Beacon coffee mug.

Weiss: (lowering her hand) How do you take your coffee?

Ruby: I... I don't...

Weiss: (getting irritated) Answer the question!

Ruby: Uhh, cream and five sugars!

Weiss: (sighs) Don't move. (ducks under to her own bed and comes up a moment later with a fresh cup, offering it to Ruby) Here.

Ruby: Um... Thanks, Weiss.

Weiss: (smiles, then looks apologetic) Ruby, I think you have what it takes to be a good leader. (Ruby smiles appreciatively) Just know that I am going to be the best teammate you'll ever have! (they share a smile) Good luck studying!

Weiss: (ducks under, only to come up and point at one of Ruby's papers) That's wrong, by the way. (ducks under again, and her voice comes from the doorway this time) Hey, Ruby?

Ruby: Uh-huh?

Weiss: (stands in the door with her hand on the knob) I always wanted bunk beds as a kid. (starts to close the door)

The Schnee girl makes her way out as Y/N enters, looking a little exhausted. Weiss shows her a warm smile as Y/N returns one of her own, despite it being fake as the black-haired girl changes into her night attire before collapsing onto her sleeping bag.

Y/N: (tears running down her face) Sorry, Weiss. I wish someone else could've gave you some advice. Not a complete waste of life like me.

Chapter End

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.9K 43 16
(I don't own anything. RWBY belongs to Rooster Teeth and all art work belongs to their respective owners)
300 22 21
|RWBY| <Ruby< |BCMD| <Becomed<
248 0 12
Disclaimer: I don't own RWBY, they belong to RoosterTeeth. I own Team LADR This is an au so somethings that happen in the show will not happen in the...
1.8K 18 7
(I do not own RWBY or any of the images. RWBY is own by Rooster Teeth and all images belong to their rightful owners)