Spiderson and Irondad Oneshot...

By Galaxy_Emily

I am in love with the Father/Son dynamic of Tony Stark and Peter Parker. Also basically the whole Super Famil... More

Ignored
Mission Checklist
Fieldtrip?
Theme Song Battle
The Bully
Leftover Balloons
Red in His Ledger
Security
Charity Case
PPPS - Midtown High Discord
The Plant

Balloon Arch

755 29 8
By Galaxy_Emily

I've realized by now I have a slight Brooklyn Nine-Nine addiction, but it's fine. This one is probably going to be short, just to help me get back on my writer's feet. I sincerely apologize for being gone so long! Also? More than 1,000 reads? Thank you all so much! I can't believe it!

Fair warning before you begin, this might cause a slight dislike for Captain America but I'm in a mood, sorry in advance.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It wasn't like Steve hated Peter. He just didn't appreciate how the kid was allowed to enter and exit Tony's lab at free will, he wasn't even allowed to enter! Another reason he had a small dislike for the teen was because Steve wasn't even allowed to be on the top floor of the tower without someone monitoring him! He was an adult for crying out loud. Why is it fair that he had to have a babysitter while Peter had entire free roam, including his own room? The kid practically lived here but still, over half of the Avengers were more concerned with Steve's actions than a practical stranger living with them? It was insane!

But it wasn't like Steve hated Peter.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It had been a good day for Peter. He just got back from having a nice lunch meet up with Wade. He just hoped the chimichangas didn't have any negative after-affects. Okay, so he didn't JUST get back from his lunch. His lunch ended an hour ago but he got distracted when he saw a balloon arch display in a passing shop. Was it a crime he wanted to attempt this for himself? Peter thought it wasn't.

      So he went in and purchased 18 jumbo packs of balloons, which he thought was more than enough. He isn't an impulsive buyer he swears.

    He was practically jumping with anticipation as he made his way back to the tower. That jumping stilled however as he stepped into the elevator only to see Captain America. He knew Tony still didn't trust Steve completely.

   Peter clutched his bag of balloons close to his chest, he didn't want Steve to think he was odd just because of his purchase. However, this only seemed to increase the Captain's suspicious gaze at his bag. The elevator stopped at the 2nd highest floor level, Captain America's stop.

  "Do you mind if I go up with you Peter? I'm not sure if Tony would want me to leave you alone." Steve said, not getting off the elevator as his designated stop.

   "Oh, uh. Well you know Mr. Stark pretty much let's me stay up there without supervision most of the time." Peter worriedly looked around, trying hard to avoid eye-contact from Steve.

  This only seemed to make Steve's glare increase, "Well, I wouldn't want to upset him. I don't want to be responsible if you cause a disaster to happen." Steve said finally as he closed the elevator doors and continued the ride up to the highest floor.

   "Oh, uh, yes sir." Peter said, not really sure what to say to the Captain.

    When the elevator dinged open, Peter rushes out, eager to start his new project. Steve followed behind him, glaring at the back of the teenager. It wasn't unknown to the teenager though, his spidey-senses were sending bursts of electrical currents through his spine. He just hoped he didn't have to wait long for either Pepper or Tony to come home.

  Home. Peter blushed as he thought this. Not home. Their home. He diminished himself. Then blushed again as he thought how weird it was that he was talking to himself in his head. Maybe Wade is rubbing off on me.

   As Peter was caught up talking to himself in his head, the Captain was even more suspicious. Why is the kid thinking? What is he planning?

  They both reached the main common room of the floor and Steve decided to take a seat at the dining table. Peter sat himself down on the floor and began to set everything up for his task.

   The entire time Peter was constructing his balloon arch, the Captain was sitting stoic, staring at him, never blinking. Peter didn't let this bother him though, his attention was focused on the arch and the video's he found on YouTube. These video's were basically the only thing keeping the arch together. He would be clueless without them.

   As he was finding his arch, Peter was surprised no one else was back at the Tower yet. He was really needed some relief from the awkward energy coming from Steve. But he ignored the feelings of trepidation and focused on finishing his task.

   In the end, he was pleasantly surprised with the tall arching shape of the rainbow balloon arch. Steve however, was not.

  This is it? Steve thought. This kid's supposed to be a "genius" and this is what he did? A child could create this.

   Steve was unaware however, that he had a horrible habit of muttering his thought aloud. And with Peter's increased hearing, he heard everything.

  "Wait? You don't like it?" Peter said to Steve with what seemed like an aura of vulnerability.

   Steve just shook his head and stood up from the table, making his way over to the elevator. "I thought you made robots and such, not children's designs."

Peter slumped down from where he was sitting on the floor. His good mood ruined.

Steve kept eyeing Peter as he sat on the floor, he couldn't help but to be slightly proud of himself for ruining the kid's mood. Steve heard the elevator ding and started to walk in but stumbled back as he ran into someone.

He couldn't stop his heart from speeding up as he saw who it was he ran into. Tony Stark.

Tony's eyes narrowed. What is he doing up here? Wait, is he alone up here?"

Tony soon laid eyes on the sad, deflated form of Peter and a glare formed on his face, directed toward Steve.

"Steve, what are you doing up here?" Tony asked as he made his way over to his kid. The kid, not my kid, Tony told himself. "And can you explain why Peter looks like a kicked puppy?"

Steve just shook his head, his eyes wide. He didn't know how to respond to Tony, he didn't plan for this run-in.

"I, well. I just- didn't want the child to be alone up here." Steve finally said after a few moments of awkwardness.

"I'm perfectly fine with 'the child' up here alone. Though, I would prefer with you not being left up here with Peter." Tony said to Steve.

Steve didn't respond, just nodded and tried to inch himself closer to the elevator.

  "I don't want you up here again. Especially alone with Peter." Tony said, looking back at Steve.

   "Of course, I understand." Steve definitely didn't understand. He knew Tony longer than this child ever had. Why is he siding with the kid over me? Steve finally decided that Tony was officially losing his mind. He rode down the elevator in silence. Steve needed some time to think by himself.

Tony ran a hand over his face and for the first time Peter noticed how tired he actually looked. Tony looked up and noticed the balloon arch Peter had built and his mouth upturned into a small smile.

"This is awesome kid," Tony said as he walked underneath it and reached up to touch the multicolored balloons.

"REDEMPTION!" Peter yelled as he leaped up, his bad mood completely forgotten.

"I'll take it Capsicle didn't approve of the new house decorations." Tony finally said.

"Oh, yeah. He didn't like it, at all. I don't know why? I mean I guess it's kind of big, and an eyesore." Peter said his bad mood slightly reappearing.

"Well then, he'll just have to learn to love it, the hard way. Teach me how to create this masterpiece kid."

"Sure Mr. Stark! Well, we'll probably need a lot more balloons."

"Friday, order a whole bunch of balloons." Tony said looking up at the ceiling.

"How many packages, sir?" The A.I. answered him.

"How ever many you think we'll need."

"Right away, sir. The delivery time is estimated to take 2 and a half hours."

"That's perfect, thanks." Tony said, "Now, let's start making more of these things!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

When Pepper Potts finally walked through the door it would be an understatement to say she was surprised by what she saw. She definitely didn't expect to see her two favorite people surrounded by a rainbow of balloons.

"Mr. Stark do you think it's possible to make a hula hoop out of balloons? Or what about a gigantic ball?! Like a hamster ball?!" Peter exclaimed excitedly.

"What an interesting idea...we'll have to test that when our 10th shipment of balloons comes in." Tony said to Peter.

"I'm sorry, 10th shipment of balloons?" Pepper said, deciding to join the conversation.

Both of the boys froze, they looked like deer in headlights. Tony's eyes flashed to her, to the balloons, and then back to her.

"Pepper! My wonderful wife! How great it is to see you today!" Tony exclaimed coming up to her and wrapping an arm around her.

"Hi Mrs. Potts! I'm really sorry about the mess, I guess we just got carried away..." Peter said sheepishly.

"Oh, don't worry Peter, dear. These arches are really nice, nice decor I mean. My only issue is where your going to put them all when you're done?" Pepper said unwrapping herself from Tony and instead wrapping herself around Peter to give him a hug.

Tony scoffed, "Oh don't worry, we have the perfect place for them." Tony said with a smirk. "Now Peter stop stealing my wife and help me carry them."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

In the end, only a few of the arches were left on Tony's private floor. They were placed around at strategic design choices, of course the decisions on where to put them were made by Pepper.

The other mass of balloon arches found a rightful home. On the very own floor of America's own Captain. Steve Rogers.

This decision was of course made by Tony. He had enough of the Captain's attitude. His behavior towards Peter was the last straw. He had found out exactly what had happened from Friday, the perks of having an A.I.

As soon as Steve saw the new decorations, he was infuriated. The next day when he saw Tony he marched right up to him, prepared to give Tony a piece of his mind, but Tony just acted like he didn't know anything about the arches that just magically appeared on his floor.

It outraged the Captain.

But, for the next few weeks, no one had any idea what had put Peter and Tony in an extremely good mood.

After all, some things are just meant to be kept between a father, and his son.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ew, I hated the ending. I just felt like it was rushed so much. There's probably so many mistakes too, I'm so sorry.

I'm just excited to be writing this book again!

But anyway, thanks for reading, please comment and vote if you feel like it.

  And as always, request something if you want!

Words: 1884

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

969 14 15
A collection of One-shots and Preferences from the best and my favourite universe ever created!!! Tony Stark Steve Rogers Loki Laufeson Thor Odinson ...
598K 10.3K 49
I adore our Peter parker/Spiderman so much and i love seeing him being the avengers' baby. This is mostly mama spider and irondad. Mama spider Ironda...
1.6K 25 10
!!! IT'S NOT STARKER !!! !!! IT'S COMPLETE AND REVIEWED !!! Tony Stark and Steve Rogers adopt the amazing and sweet Peter Parker, who has lost all hi...
208K 5.4K 45
Superfamily FLUFF!! I just love the characters and Superfamily so much, I just wanna hug them! Their will be some edgyness, but mainly fluff. I don't...