Red in His Ledger

Here I am again, after such a long time. The plan was to update a lot over winter break, but obviously that didn't happen. I am so sorry, please forgive me.

     This one might be sad at first, but it will end happily! Don't worry!

TW: Mention of Death

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Peter didn't mean it. He didn't mean to do it. He swears he didn't mean to do it.

The man just slipped, he just fell. He was trying to wrestle the gun from the man's grasp but the other man fell and the gun fired.

He didn't mean it.

"Peter, your heart-rate appears to be highly elevated and your under extreme emotional distress," Karen's voice seemed to bounce around his head, "Would you like for me to contact Mr. Stark?"

"I-I.....I don't know," Peter started to hyperventilate and tears came from his eyes, "I don't know what to do!"

"Contacting, Mr. Stark. I highly recommend you turn away from the situation in front of you," Karen answered back.

"Kid? What's going on? You know how late it is?" That's the first thing Mr. Stark said to him.

"I didn't mean it, I really didn't. It was an accident!" Peter managed to say to him through ragged breaths.

"Woah, Peter? What didn't you mean to do?" Tony said quickly, trying to find out the cause of the commotion. Tony got no answer from Peter.

"Karen? What happened?" But for once, the A.I didn't answer, "Okay, whatever it is Peter, it'll be okay. Just stay right there, I'm coming now."

Peter heard the sound of an Iron Man Suit humming in the background. But it was hard for him to make out any other sound because the ringing in his ears was too loud.

"Deep breaths, kid, deep breaths. In, out, in, out," Tony kept talking to Peter as he flew towards him in the suit.

As soon as Peter came into Tony's view, Tony landed and ran out of the suit. He squatted down beside the hyperventilating teenager, "Hey, it's okay, breathe."

Peter looked Tony in the eyes before collapsing onto him in a fit of sobs, "I didn't mean to Mr. Stark! I promise."

   Tony looked behind Peter and his eyes widened. He finally understood what had caused Peter to go into panic.

   "Okay, kid. It's okay, I promise. How about let's get you back to the Tower, okay?"

  On the way over, Tony had called Happy, who acted the exact opposite of what his name suggests. But by now he should already be pulled up in front of the alleyway. Tony lifted Peter up, so he was leaning almost all of his weight against him and sent the Iron Man Suit to fly back to the tower on its own.

  Tony carried Peter to the car Happy was driving and had him lay down in the back seat before sliding in next to him. He moved Peter's head so it sat on his lap and softy stroked his hair, trying to quiet him down.

  If Happy was upset at being ordered to pick him and Peter up in the middle of the night, he didn't show it. The only thing he showed was concern for the teenager in the back seat.

  As Tony continued to calm Peter down, Karen explained what had happened through the earpiece in his ear. Once she finished speaking, he reached for his phone and silently contacted his "connections." He explained the situation briefly to them before shutting off his phone, putting all his faith in them to remedy the situation.