The Plant

Did I add a ship in here not involving Peter or Tony? Yes, I did.
   Do I feel bad about it? No.
                  :)
     ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    The plant was named Hot Dog, and he was magnificent. The other Avengers didn't understand Peter's strange obsession with naming inanimate objects, but that's just how he is.

After Tony gave Peter the plant during a particularly tough week at school, Peter carefully chose the plant's name in a complicated, time-consuming, process. This process consisted of him listing off random words while he sat in front of the Cast Iron Plant. Eventually, he decided on one that sounded right, Hot Dog.

"You named a plant Hot Dog?" Mr. Stark had asked once Peter had told him the decided name.

"Yes," Peter said with a flat, serious face, "It's a perfect name for him."

"Him?" Tony asked, even more confused now.

"You can't judge me, Mr. Stark! You name all the robots you build!"

Tony backed up quickly, his hands raised in the air as if he was surrendering. He knew Peter only spoke the truth.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    Hot Dog soon found a home on the table in the corner on the lab. It was his table. Whenever Tony sat down papers or tools beside the plant, Peter made sure to move them off of the table. Until eventually, Tony knew not to place things beside the plant.

When Tony walked into the lab on Friday, that was where he found the teenager. Leaning over the table, watering the plant. The plant that Tony bought.

"Pete? Are you-are you watering the plant?"

"Yes?" The young superhero answered back in confusion, "That's what you do with plants......to keep them alive?"

Tony only nodded back at the teenager, moving his way back to the main table in the lab. He continued to work on the new robot he was making, all the while glancing over at Peter in confusion.

"You're going to grow into a big, strong plant Hot Dog," Peter whispered to the plant, "Just drink your water."

And Tony couldn't help but gaze over at Peter with a look of affection. So the engineer let the teenager continue to water the plant, it couldn't hurt.

                      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

    Rhodey didn't come into the lab often, in fact, he usually never came in. But today he did. Tony had invited him to add some upgrades to his armor.

"Hey Tones!" He said as he walked in.

"Rhodes!" Tony said looking up from his work, "Thought you would never show."

"I'm ten minutes early?"

"But you're usually twenty minutes early." Tony replies as he stood up walking over to the other man. Before he reached Rhodey to give him a handshake, the lab doors opened to reveal an excited, bubbly teen.

"Hey, Mr. Stark! Oh!" Peter stopped in his tracks once he saw Rhodey, "Hey, Mr. Rhodes!"

"Please, just call me Rhodey, kid," he let out a few chuckles as his friend's teenager stumbled his way further into the lab.

"Oh, come on, Platypus." Tony rolled his eyes, "Don't you know m-, the kid doesn't ever drop his 'formalities' for anyone."

"Hey!" Peter exclaimed with an indignant, offended yelp.