The Bully

My goodness I have been gone so long, I am so sorry. I have a lot of ideas for this book though so don't worry. Added to the fact I have so many drafts right now.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Peter Parker may be a super-human, web slinging hero, but he was not someone who would hurt a person that didn't commit a crime.

For this reason, Peter never fought back. And never fighting back, has some consequences. These consequences include coming home with ugly looking bruises and aching joints. He could mostly hide these with long sleeve jackets, and maybe a little makeup that YouTube taught him to apply. They were rarely on his face because his bullies weren't planning to be caught.

He never told anyone about this because what would they think? He was a hero for crying out loud! Peter had to make sure they didn't think of him as weak. They, being the Avengers. His not-so official family. They had taken him in after Aunt May had decided to move to California for a better job opportunity. Instead of making Peter move with her, and having Spider-Man abandon his city, the Avengers took him in.

In fact, the Avengers treated him as one of their own. And he was, if Tony Stark had anything to say about it, one of their own.

But back to the point, Peter was not going to tell them he was being bullied. He knew only bad things would stem from that. He could deal with a couple bullies, he dealt with heavily armed robbers almost every other day! So yes, he could deal with a few bullies. Or at least, that's what he thought.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was a Friday, the best day of the week in Peter's opinion, and he was ready to go home. So, imagine his surprise when he realized Happy Hogan, his not-so happy personal driver was missing.

"Maybe traffic is bad?" Peter muttered to himself, as he sat down on the concrete and dug out his phone from his bag. It was only 20 minutes later, when he pulled himself out of his own personal phone session, did he realize Happy STILL hadn't shown up. He was debating what to do when he heard loud laughs coming from the front entrance of the school. He felt his heart momentarily skip a beat when he realized who the boisterous voices were coming from.

    Flash, and his posse.

    Peter's eyes danced around the empty schoolyard, looking for somewhere, anywhere, to go. But before he could find an escape Flash spotted him.

   "Parker!" He called as he strutted over to Peter, "Whats wrong? Did your 'family' forget you? Do you even have a family? I mean come one, your uncle DIED to get away from you."

   Peter lifted himself up off the ground, "Stop it Flash, you don't even know what you're talking about." He made it seem like his bully's comments didn't affect him, but on the inside, he could feel every word he said like it was a stab in his stomach.

   "Awww, what's wrong Parker?" Flash asked with a laugh, "Are you upset because you don't have parents to go crying to? I mean, you have an aunt. But she probably works all those cheap jobs just to get away from you." He said, not knowing May had moved to California.

  "Shut up, Flash. I mean it." Peter said as he prepared to walk off.

  "Where are you going? You don't GET to leave." Flash said angrily. Nodding his head to the boys behind him, he signaled for them to begin to attack Peter.

   And all Peter could do was take it. He didn't fight back.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~