Balloon Arch

I've realized by now I have a slight Brooklyn Nine-Nine addiction, but it's fine. This one is probably going to be short, just to help me get back on my writer's feet. I sincerely apologize for being gone so long! Also? More than 1,000 reads? Thank you all so much! I can't believe it!

Fair warning before you begin, this might cause a slight dislike for Captain America but I'm in a mood, sorry in advance.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It wasn't like Steve hated Peter. He just didn't appreciate how the kid was allowed to enter and exit Tony's lab at free will, he wasn't even allowed to enter! Another reason he had a small dislike for the teen was because Steve wasn't even allowed to be on the top floor of the tower without someone monitoring him! He was an adult for crying out loud. Why is it fair that he had to have a babysitter while Peter had entire free roam, including his own room? The kid practically lived here but still, over half of the Avengers were more concerned with Steve's actions than a practical stranger living with them? It was insane!

But it wasn't like Steve hated Peter.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It had been a good day for Peter. He just got back from having a nice lunch meet up with Wade. He just hoped the chimichangas didn't have any negative after-affects. Okay, so he didn't JUST get back from his lunch. His lunch ended an hour ago but he got distracted when he saw a balloon arch display in a passing shop. Was it a crime he wanted to attempt this for himself? Peter thought it wasn't.

      So he went in and purchased 18 jumbo packs of balloons, which he thought was more than enough. He isn't an impulsive buyer he swears.

    He was practically jumping with anticipation as he made his way back to the tower. That jumping stilled however as he stepped into the elevator only to see Captain America. He knew Tony still didn't trust Steve completely.

   Peter clutched his bag of balloons close to his chest, he didn't want Steve to think he was odd just because of his purchase. However, this only seemed to increase the Captain's suspicious gaze at his bag. The elevator stopped at the 2nd highest floor level, Captain America's stop.

  "Do you mind if I go up with you Peter? I'm not sure if Tony would want me to leave you alone." Steve said, not getting off the elevator as his designated stop.

   "Oh, uh. Well you know Mr. Stark pretty much let's me stay up there without supervision most of the time." Peter worriedly looked around, trying hard to avoid eye-contact from Steve.

  This only seemed to make Steve's glare increase, "Well, I wouldn't want to upset him. I don't want to be responsible if you cause a disaster to happen." Steve said finally as he closed the elevator doors and continued the ride up to the highest floor.

   "Oh, uh, yes sir." Peter said, not really sure what to say to the Captain.

    When the elevator dinged open, Peter rushes out, eager to start his new project. Steve followed behind him, glaring at the back of the teenager. It wasn't unknown to the teenager though, his spidey-senses were sending bursts of electrical currents through his spine. He just hoped he didn't have to wait long for either Pepper or Tony to come home.

  Home. Peter blushed as he thought this. Not home. Their home. He diminished himself. Then blushed again as he thought how weird it was that he was talking to himself in his head. Maybe Wade is rubbing off on me.

   As Peter was caught up talking to himself in his head, the Captain was even more suspicious. Why is the kid thinking? What is he planning?