The Boss's Wife True Love

By TMSaunders

BOOK THREE: This is the third book to The Boss's Personal Assistant and Boss's Ex Personal Assistant... Rile... More

PLEASE READ BEFORE READING THIS BOOK
Introduction
Chapter one
Chapter two
Chapter three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten Recap
Chapter Eleven Authors Notes
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Epilogue

Chapter Twenty Three

5.7K 270 60
By TMSaunders

RILEY POV

The weekend went fast, and I had not heard from Wyatt and he's not been to see the children. I came first in my race yesterday. I was quieter than normal, and my father asked what was wrong I just said it was a few things that Wyatt and I need to sort out.

When I woke this morning, I wasn't feeling well so; I did the children's breakfast and went back to bed. I feel tired I got a migraine that will not go away. I have taken painkillers, but nothing is working. So, I took myself back to bed to relax. I laid in bed and closed my eyes.

********

WYATT POV

It's been a couple of days; I haven't heard Riley or the children. I just didn't know what to do. I had a few meetings that I needed to get to. Alex was busy with meetings too.

Riley hadn't turned up in the office for the last couple of days. Alex asked what was going on, I told him to speak to his mother.

I was sitting in the conference room in a middle of a meeting when my phone rings. I look at it and it's Freya. I looked at the people sitting at the oval desk then at my phone.

"I need to take this," I say and answer my phone.

"Freya I am in a middle of a meeting," I was slightly annoyed.

"Dad. It's mum," She sounds upset.

"Look I will have to call you back," I say and look at everyone in the room.

"Dad. Mum's not moving she's been in her bed for two days and not moved," I took a deep breath.

"What do you mean she's not moving?" I asked and sit down. All my mixed feelings were circling my body.

"Blake went to his friends two days ago and Aria and I were on a two-day trip. When we left two days ago mum said she wasn't feeling well and went and laid down on her bed. Blake had already left. When we were ready to leave mum was in bed sleeping," Freya was now crying, and I could hear Blake in the background shout at Riley to wake up.

"Freya I will be there as soon as I can," I hang up the phone.

"Sorry, gentlemen I have a family emergency," I walked out of the conference room and to my office. I grab my briefcase and lock my office up.

I walk over to Alex's office.

"Alex. Freya just rang. Your mother won't wake up," Alex shoots me a look then bolts out of his chair and puts his jacket on and we leave together.

We are sitting in the limo on our way to the house.

"What did Freya say?" Alex asks.

"They had been away for two days and when they got back your mother was in bed asleep. They couldn't wake her," I didn't know what to think.

"You didn't contact mum?" Alex was concerned.

"No Alex I didn't. So much had happened, and I told your mother I need time," I run my fingers through my hair.

"You really have no idea what mum went through when you were missing. I had to sit there and watch my mother's heart break. She cried herself to sleep every single night. She would sit at the kitchen table and tell us she was waiting for you to come home. She had lost her sanity when she thought you were gone," Alex was not happy with me.

"I know your mother went through a lot. I was the one living the nightmare," I had raised my voice.

The limo reached the house and Alex jumped out before the limo had stopped. I got out and walked into the house. I could hear Alex shouting and the girls crying. Blake was screaming.

I rushed up the stairs and walked into the bedroom. Alex was kneeling on the floor with his phone in his hand. He had phoned for an ambulance. I picked Blake up and hugged him.

"Dad. Mum won't wake up," Blake says which just broke my heart. I hand Blake to Aria and walk over to Riley. I kneel on the floor and look at her pale face. I had seen her like this before when she had the transplant.

"Riley. Open your eyes," I asked her but nothing.

"Riley, baby come on open your eyes. I want to see your beautiful blue eyes," She never moved. I then sit on the bed and cradle her in my arms. Alex started to scream I looked at the girls and they were holding Blake.

"Girls take Blake to the games room please," They nod and went to walk off, but Blake runs over to me and looks at Riley.

"Mummy please wake up," Aria pulled Blake out of the room and I started to rock on the bed while I was cradling Riley. My warm tears fall down my cheeks and onto Riley's. I couldn't hold the pain that I was feeling, and it hit me hard that this could be the last time I hold Riley in my arms.

I bury my face in the crook of her neck and sobbed.

"Riley I am so sorry. Baby, please wake up. I do love you," No matter how much I plead she didn't wake up.

The ambulance arrived and they check her over. They asked a few questions then took her to the hospital. We followed.

"Alex phone Angel and told her what's happened," I just could not tell my children what was happening. I didn't even know what was happening.

We are at the hospital waiting for the doctor to speak to us. Riley was in a room hooked up to machines. None of us knew what was going on. I was sitting holding her hand and staring at her beautiful face. She had a tube coming out of her mouth and tubes up her nose. I did feel like an imposter sitting holding her hand.

The dream I had the night I left her was coming true. I was still feeling mixed up with my emotions but one thing I did know is that I love her.

The doctor walks in and shakes my hand. Alex is stood waiting to find out what's wrong. We are waiting for Angel and Zayne to show up.

"Wyatt. I am sorry but Riley's fallen into a coma. It doesn't look good her tumour has grown which is putting pressure on the brain," I gasped and screamed. My heart felt like it had just broken into a million pieces. Alex collapsed to his knees. I couldn't take in what I was hearing.

"Will she wake up?" I wanted to know. But deep down I knew I was too late to tell her how I feel.

"It's very unlikely," The doctor says. I couldn't stop sobbing.

I walked over to her and buried my face in the crook of her neck. I just kept telling her how sorry I was and that I did love her.

A while later Angel walks in and so does Zayne. He picks up his daughter and cradles her in his arms. And he starts to beg her to wake up. I had to leave and give Zayne some time with his daughter. I stood outside the room with Angel and Alex in my arms. I couldn't say anything to them. It was a nightmare and I wanted to wake up. I wanted everything back as it should have been. I was missing Riley and regretting for walking out on her when she needed me the most.

The day had passed quickly. Riley looked like she was just sleeping. I kissed her cheek.

"Riley we will all be back tomorrow. I love you," I was the last one to leave. I didn't want to leave her, but I needed to look after my children.

I got to the house. Blake was already in bed and the twins were in the lounge watching tv.

I walked into the kitchen and got a coffee. I was sitting at the table thinking about what had happened that day. I felt lost. I should never have been so nasty to her. How the hell could I do that to her. I picked up my cup and threw it at the wall then broke down sobbing. 

It was harder than I thought knowing that she might not open her eyes again or hear her sweet voice. I won't hear her telling me how much she loves me. I won't be able to feel her warm body next to mine. I won't be able to touch her beautiful face and run my fingers through her long hair. There is so much I will miss and the biggest thing I would miss of all is her.

My tears fall and I sniff. The damage is already done, and my heart will never heal.

*************************

I know what you are thinking shoot the writer

But what is a story without any drama

Yes, this chapter is emotional

Hope you like this chapter?

Would like to read your comments

Thank you for reading

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

71.2K 3.5K 47
***Complete***Book 3 in a series involving the same group of friends** Andrew Miller had a difficult upbringing and as a result his friends are his f...
310K 8.8K 48
Book 1 in the Regal Series Disclaimer: I have edited this book myself and there still might be some errors in the book as I have no software such as...
426 32 33
Sasha finds herself fascinated by them. She's drawn to both of them in ways she can't quite explain. But figuring out who she wants? That's the real...
1.1K 77 7
SADLY THIS IS A SHORT STORY, PLUS THE LAST IN THE SERIES. WARNING: EXTEMELY EMOTIONAL My god, I feel so bad about writing this. I just want Wyatt and...