Remnant's Black Snow Hope [Un...

By CameronKiller535

Rwby Harem x Depressed Fem Reader Rights Belong To Roosterteeth More

Volume 1 Bio Updated
Harem
Chapter 1 Redux: Chilly Start
Chapter 3 Redux: Burdens
Chapter 4 Redux: The Initiation
Chapter 5 Redux: Chained Jester
Chapter 6 Redux: Faltering Wills
Chapter 7 Redux: Rise & Fall
Chapter 8 Redux: Useless
Chapter 9 Redux: Erased
Chapter 10 Redux: Last Act
Chapter 11 Redux: Comfort
Volume Two Bio Redux
Chapter 12 Redux: Fatal Chapter
Chapter 13 Redux: Food Fight!
Chapter 14 Redux: Schemes
Chapter 15 Redux: Night Out
Chapter 16 Redux: Iron Claws
Chapter 17 Redux: Affections
Chapter 18 Redux: Sharing
Chapter 19 Redux: Just Dance
Chapter 20 Redux: Setting Out
Chapter 21 Redux: Purpose
Chapter 22 Redux: Duty-bound
Chapter 23 Redux: Risking It All
Chapter 24 Redux: Inversion
Chapter 25 Redux: Intertwined
Chapter 26 Redux: Treatment
Chapter 27 Redux: Petaling Snow
Chapter 28 Redux: Sick Queen
Chapter 29 Redux: Radiant
Chapter 30 Redux: Lamenting Jester
Volume 3 Bio Redux
Chapter 32: New Territory
Chapter 33: Scorpions Tail
Chapter 34: Painful Answers
Chapter 35: Struggles
Chapter 36: Renewed Hope
Volume 5 Chapter 37: Changes
Volume 5 Bio
Chapter 38: Marching On
Chapter 39: Evolution
Chapter 40: Back Together
Chapter 41: Old Times
Chapter 42: Mercy
Chapter 43: Shattered Part 1
Chapter 44: Awakened Part 2
Chapter 45: Blade
Chapter 46: Fight Club
Volume 6 Bio
Chapter 47: Journey to Argus
Chapter 48: Immortal
Chapter 49: Hope Lost
Chapter 50: Apathy
Chapter 51: Argus
Chapter 52: Ruby's Resolve
Chapter 53: The Plan
Chapter 54: Bonds
Chapter 55: Leviathan
Chapter 56: Atlas
Volume 7 Rival Bio
Chapter 57: New Territory
Volume 7 Bio
Chapter 58: Elites
Chapter 59: Need to Improve
Chapter 60: Queen's Blade
Chapter 61: Empress vs Queen
Chapter 62: Panic
Chapter 63: Family Revelations
Chapter 64: Trust
Chapter 65: Fear
The Plan
Chapter 66: Courage
Chapter 67 is out now
Chapter 67: War on Atlas
Volume 7 Ending Chapter 68: New Snow Fall
Epilogue: Black Snow At Peace
Chapter 70: Strange Yet Familiar
Author Route Volume 8 Bio
Volume 8 Karen and Akame Bio
Chapter 71: Feelings Of Pain
Chapter 72: Memories Hurt
Chapter 73: Little Moon
Chapter 74: Ayuki's Past
Team AASH (ASH)
Team EATH (EARTH)
Chapter 75: Queen's Trials
Sorry Once Again
Chapter 76: Memories Unraveling
Chapter 77: Secrets Revealed
Volume 8 End: Promise Between Empresses
Small Idea
Slice of Life Chapter 1: Video Game
SOL Chapter 2: Frozen Lemons 18+
SOL Chapter 3: Fear Of Belonging
SOL Chapter 4: Moon and Snow
Mother's Day

Chapter 2 Redux: Chance For Change

8K 145 115
By CameronKiller535

Y/N POV:

I find myself walking along a field of snow as with each step I take the usual pure whiteness of the snow is suddenly replaced with darkness. Despite the confusion, I still find myself moving forward showing no signs of stopping.

Suddenly, two figures make themselves known in the snow as I can barely make out their silhouettes. The figures speak as my eyes widen from the familiarity of them, I then find myself running at them full speed as their figures become clearer and clearer to me.

Before I could finally make it to them I suddenly trip and fall face first into the snow. I look up and reach for the figures as they get further and further away from me, tears start rolling down my cheeks as I lay their in the snow which continues to fall on me until the cold sensation of it completely envelopes me.

My eyes then open back up as I sit up in a panic, I manage to calm myself down as I find myself in what looks like a hospital room.

Y/N: How did I get here?

The memories of what happened last night suddenly fill my mind, as I look around seeing my weapons and clothes laid out in a chair near my bed.

I move my blanket away seeing I'm currently wearing a hospital gown, an IV bag is connected to my right arm as I immediately notice that my usual pale skin has some life returned to it.

Before I could question anymore of what's happen, the door to my room suddenly opens as it causes me to lay back down and cover myself with my blanket.

The Huntress from before enters alongside a silver haired man with glasses, who's holding a coffee mug along with a tablet.

???: I'm glad to see you're awake Miss L/N.

Y/N: H-How do you know my name?

Huntress: We looked through your information after checking you in this hospital.

Huntress: My name is Glynda Goodwitch.

???: My name is Ozpin.

Y/N: "Ozpin"? Aren't you the Headmaster of Beacon Academy?

Ozpin: Correct. We wanted to see your condition due to what transpired last night.

Y/N: Is Ruby okay?

Ozpin: We talked with Miss Rose last night and she's completely fine.

Y/N: I see...

Glynda: You should be more concerned with your own condition, the doctors told us you were malnourished and if we hadn't taken you here your condition would've worsened.

Y/N: I-I'm sorry....

Ozpin: (approaches Y/N) There's no need to apologize for caring about the well-being of others. However, I would like to know why a young girl like yourself was left in such a condition?

Ozpin: Are you currently in a bad living situation? Have your parents been having domestic issues?

Y/N: N-No, nothing like that sir. I-I live alone.

Ozpin: Have you lost contact with your parents?

I simply shake my head as the memories of my parents fill my head, tears start to form in my eyes as I quickly move up my glasses and wipe them away.

Ozpin: (takes notice as he quickly changes the subject) So, Miss L/N where did you learn to do things like this? (shows a recording of her and Ruby's fight against Torchwick)

Y/N: I'm self-taught. I mostly study books about self-defense and Grimm-Hunting to use as reference when I fight.

Ozpin: I see, I'm aware that you have taken on freelance jobs involved in hunting Grimm?

Y/N: I mostly use it to get Lien so I can use it to pay for my expenses.

Ozpin: Are you aware of the combat schools and their dormitories?

Y/N: I am, but I don't like fighting and I'm not really interested in becoming a Huntress.

Ozpin: Yet you choose to help Miss Rose in her fight to stop Torchwick.

Y/N: I...was worried that she might get hurt fighting alone and joined in to make sure she would be okay.

Ozpin: It's those qualities of defending others that proves you have the making of a true Huntress.

Y/N: I don't know... I'm not skilled enough for a position like that.

Ozpin: (turns to Glynda, who simply nods as he turns back to Y/N) I would like to offer you something.

Y/N: Hmm?

Ozpin: I want you to apply to Beacon Academy. By doing so instructors like Miss Goodwitch and myself can help bring out your full potential and let you become a Huntress.

Y/N: Y-You really want someone like me in your school?

Ozpin: Indeed, I'm not forcing you to take this offer but I believe if you take the first step so many lives could be saved from tragedy.

Y/N: I...(looks down in thought as the memories of her past plagues her mind) I want to grow stronger to prevent someone from experiencing the same pain I did.

Y/N: If I can really do something like that as a Huntress then...(places a hand on her necklace) I'll apply to Beacon.

Ozpin: (smiles) I see...Welcome to Beacon Academy Y/N L/N.

Y/N: (smiles as her eyes flicker from purple to pink) Thank you, sir.

3rd Person POV:

A few days pass as Y/N has officially been discharged from the hospital, she heads to her apartment building before proceeding to her room seeing it's left in the same condition she left it.

The black haired girl proceeds to gather her stuff and places them in a luggage bag, she then heads to the kitchen to make another cup of noodles for herself.

She enjoys the quick meal as she heads to the bathroom to shower, once she finishes freshening up Y/N changes into her night attire as she turns to the mirror to look at her reflection.

Her body has become much more lively compared to before as the main difference is instead of her usual downcast expression it's replaced with a warm smile, her eyes has also completely changed from their dark purple color to pink.

Y/N: I actually look normal.

She heads over to her bed as the black haired girl proceeds to lay face down into her pillow, she happily screams into her soft pillow as her legs won't stop moving from her joy.

Y/N: I'll become a Huntress... I'll really become a Huntress. I can't wait to head to Beacon tomorrow.

Her joy is suddenly interrupted by an image filling her mind.

Y/N: (eyes returning to their dark purple color) Right, I'm a useless girl so I wouldn't last a day being a Huntress like Miss Goodwitch.

Y/N: I doubt I'll be able to save anyone even if I tried my best. I'll probably end up being nothing but food for the Grimm.

Y/N: (tears start rolling down her face as she closes her eyes to sleep) Mom...Dad... I'm sorry.

She falls asleep as the room temperature drops down as the previous warmth that filled it moments ago, is suddenly replaced by a dreadful cold with Y/N being the source of it as her breath is seen and her tears start slowly becoming solid.

Morning comes, as Y/N's scroll alarm sounds causing the black haired girl to wake up. She stands up noticing her breath being visible as Y/N proceeds to deactivate her Aura and opens her room's window allowing the cold air to escape.

Y/N heads over to the bathroom to freshen up as she changes into her casual attire, the black haired girl proceeds to grab her luggage before heading to the door as she turns back to see her room one last time.

Y/N: Goodbye...

She leaves her apartment building before looking down at her scroll as an location is shown on the small tablet device.

Y/N: Okay, they're picking up all applicants in about an hour. If I head out now I'll definitely make it there in time.

Y/N sets off towards the location as she spots multiple applicants awaiting pick up, three large airships appear as Y/N spots Ruby amongst one of the crowds.

The silver eyed girl enters one of Bullheads alongside many other applicants as Y/N follows after and makes it in. Once she enters the airship Y/N looks around seeing the other applicants wielding various types of weaponry, this leaves Y/N a little intimidated as her attention is drawn to Ruby, who's currently speaking to a tall blonde girl with lilac eyes.

???: Oh, I can't believe my baby sister is going to Beacon with me! This is the best day ever!

Ruby: Yang, stop!

Yang: (releasing her sister) But I'm so proud of you!

Ruby: Really Sis, it was nothing.

Yang: What do you mean? It was incredible! Everyone at Beacon is going to think you're the bee's knees.

Ruby: I don't want to be the "bee's knees", okay? I don't want to be any kind of knees! I just want to be a normal girl with normal knees.

Yang: What's with you? Aren't you excited?

Ruby: Of course I'm excited... I just... (sighing) I got moved ahead two years. I don't want people to think I'm special or anything.

Ruby: Besides, I didn't even do that much compared to Y/N.

Yang: Did you ever find a way to contact her?

Ruby: No, they took her to the hospital and sent me for questioning before I could even check on her. (she looks downcast until she feels a tap on her shoulder)

Y/N: E-Excuse me?

Ruby: (turns to see Y/N, who's blushing) Huh?

Y/N: (forms a fake smile in order to ease Ruby's worry) I'm sorry, if I scared you the other day. I just got a little lightheaded and passed out, when I got to the hospital I instantly woke up and they said I could go home.

Ruby: I'm glad you're okay.

Yang: (whispers to Ruby) You were dead on about how she looked, definitely a cutie.

Y/N: (hears the last part as she blushes even harder) I...I...

Ruby: Yang!

Their attention is suddenly drawn to the Vale News Network playing nearby as a Male reporter is heard over a mugshot of Roman.

???: The robbery was led by nefarious criminal Roman Torchwick, who continues to evade authorities. If you have any information on his whereabouts, please contact the Vale Police Department. Back to you, Lisa.

The mugshot changes to Lisa Lavender, with a photo of animal-eared demonstrators holding signs saying "WE ARE NOT ANIMALS!" followed by an image of the logo of a growling red wolf's head with three scratch marks.

Lisa: Thank you, Cyril. In other news, this Saturday's Faunus Civil Rights protest turned dark when members of the White Fang disrupted the ceremony. The once peaceful organization has now disrupted...

The news feed is cut off as a hologram of Glynda replaces it.

Glynda: Hello, and welcome to Beacon!

Yang: Who's that?

Glynda: My name is Glynda Goodwitch.

Yang: Oh.

Glynda: You are among a privileged few who have received the honor of being selected to attend this prestigious academy! Our world is experiencing an incredible time of peace, and as future Huntsmen and Huntresses, it is your duty to uphold it.

Glynda: You have demonstrated the courage needed for such a task, and now it is our turn to provide you with the knowledge and the training to protect our world. (disappears)

Ruby: (among several other cries of surprise) Oh, wow! Look, you can see Signal from up here! (she alongside other students look through the glass walls at the town below) I guess home isn't too far after all!

Yang: Beacon's our home, now.

Y/N: I hope this home lasts for me.

The two hear a passenger groaning and hunched over nearby, running to the back of the ship.

Yang: Well... I guess the view isn't for everyone. (rolls her eyes)

Ruby: It was a nice moment while it lasted.

The ship is seen approaching Beacon across a large body of water.

Ruby (voice over): I wonder who we're gonna meet! I just hope they're better than Vomit Boy. Oh, Yang, gross! You have puke on your shoe!

Yang (voice over): Gross, gross, gross, gross, gross, gross, gross, gross!

Ruby (voice over): Get-Get away! Get away from me! Get away from me! Get away from me! Get away from me!

Y/N (voice over): Don't drag me into it! I just washed my clothes!

After settling down several airships make it to the docking bay of Beacon Academy. As soon as one lands, the sickly blonde from before emerges and goes over to the nearest trash can, hunching over it as he loses his lunch.

Ruby, Y/N, and Yang, alongside several other students, walk out of the ship and head down the paved path to the front of the school.

Ruby and Yang: (as they take in the entirety of Beacon Academy) Wow...

Yang: The view from Vale's got nothing on this!

Y/N: So, this is what a school meant for training Huntsmen looks like.

Ruby: (getting so excited she becomes a 2-D, starry-eyed, floating chibi) Ohmygosh, sis! That kid's got a collapsible staff! And she's got a fire sword!" (tries getting closer, but Yang pulls her sister by the hood back into realistic proportions) Ow! Ooww!

Yang: Easy there, little sister. They're just weapons!

Ruby: Just weapons'? They're an extension of ourselves! They're a part of us! Oh, they're so cool!

Y/N: (looking down at her weapons) "An extension of ourselves"?

Yang: Well, why can't you swoon over your own weapon? Aren't you happy with it?

Ruby: (transforming her weapon into its scythe form) Of course I'm happy with Crescent Rose! I just really like seeing new ones. It's like meeting new people, but better...

Ruby: (notices Y/N's saddened expression as she quickly turns to her) I didn't mean it like it wasn't nice meeting you! I just... I'm sorry.

Yang: Real smooth sis. (whispering to her) Better improve otherwise I might have her.

Ruby: Yang!

Yang: (in a flash, a group of other students surround Yang and they all dash down the road) Well, looks like my friends are here. Gotta go catch up. 'Kay, see ya, bye!

Ruby: (spinning and dizzy-eyed from Yang's sudden leaving) Wait, where are you going?! Are we supposed to go to our dorms? Where are our dorms? Do we have dorms? (stopping for a moment, still reeling) I don't know what I'm doing...

Y/N: (reaching out for her) Ruby!

She manages to grab her hand as the silver eyed girl regains her footing and leans on Y/N's arm for support.

Y/N: A-Are you okay?

Ruby: I'm fine, thanks Y/N.

???: What are you two doing?!

Ruby/Y/N: Huh?

They turn to see a young girl with silver hair and piercing blue eyes as a noticable feature on her is a scar on her left eye.

???: You nearly knocked over all my luggage.

Ruby: I'm sorry, I was kinda under a dizzy spell and wasn't looking where I was going.

???: I simple sorry isn't gonna cut the potential danger you had our lives in.

???: (checking her luggage as she pulls out a dust vial) This is refined Dust from the Schnee Dust Company itself! If you would've landed on my luggage and cracked any of the vials it would've resulted in a large explosion turning us into ash.

Ruby: "Explosion"?

???: Huh? Are you stupid? Energy, Electricity, Technology, Weaponry, Dust enhances all these things.

???: It can take the form of basic elements like water and fire...And it can even be refined into a liquid or powder for easier usage.

???: However, the refining process makes dust incredibly unstable therefore highly dangerous.

???: How did someone ignorant of such elementary principles ever manage to get into Beacon?

Y/N: (looks downcast)....

???: Actually, aren't you both a bit young to be at Beacon?

???: Only the best come to this fine institution in the hopes of becoming proud Huntsmen. It's no such place for weak, dimwitted children such as yourselves.

???: Understand? Now both of you run home to mommy.

Both Y/N and Ruby look down as Ruby mutters sometimes under her breath which doesn't go unnoticed by the silver haired girl.

???: Hmm? I didn't quite catch that.

Ruby: I already apologized you stuck-up princess.

???: And I told you a mere "Sorry" isn't good enough. Are you a slow learner too?

???: See? You're hopeless. At least your friend here has some sense while all you are is a hopeless child.

Ruby: (finally fed up) "Child"? "CHILD"?! Yeah, well, it's not like you're so grown up either!!!

Ruby: With your prissy haircut!

Y/N: Ruby...

???: H-How dare you? Is that what you consider to be an apology?!

Ruby: I already said sorry over and over! And I didn't knock over your stuff anyways! And "proud Huntsmen"? Seriously? A jerk with a bad attitude like you, could never cut it as a Huntress!

A intense pressure makes itself known to Ruby as the silver haired girl now stands with a menacing glare.

???: Go on. Try saying that again. I dare you.

Y/N: P-Please stop...

Her anger is suddenly subsided as Y/N stands before her as the temperature around them slowly begins to drop, Ruby uses her hood for warmth as the silver haired girl can see her own breath.

Y/N: (continues on as her eyes start to glow with power) We're here because all of us want to become Huntresses, so why does it matter how old the other person is? We all came here in order to learn and grow to our fullest potentials. We're here to defend the people so that children like us can have a mommy and daddy to cry to when they're scared and seek comfort from them.

Y/N: There are monsters in this world that intend to harm us entirely out of instinct, we can't let ourselves become as such simply because anger is a much easier emotion to use in conflict. From what you've shown us, I can tell your Weiss Schnee, the Heiress of the Schnee Dust Company, isn't behavior such as this unbecoming of a Heiress?

Y/N: By acting like this aren't you squandering your family name?

Weiss: I...You...

She storms off as the temperature around them returns to normal, Y/N then falls to the ground as Ruby approaches her.

Ruby: You okay?

Y/N: I'm sorry, I got carried away.

Ruby: Why are you apologizing? She was the one that started it and I probably would've ended getting into a fight with her. You made sure we wouldn't and told her how you felt.

Y/N: ....

The motion sick blond is then seen approaching them.

???: Are you both okay?

Ruby: We're fine, wait... Aren't you the guy that threw up on the ship?

???: Don't remember me for that!

Sometime passes as Y/N, Ruby, and the blonde are all seen walking within Beacon's walls. The trio are currently walking down a winding road alongside a river, as their each taking in the environment of scenic trees and arching architecture.

???: Look, all I'm saying is that motion sickness is a much more common problem than people let on!

Ruby: (laughing) I'm sorry! Vomit Boy was the first thing that came to mind.

???: I don't want my legacy here to be known as "Vomit Boy". I want to be know as Jaune Arc, a name that's short, sweet, and rolls off the tongue - ladies love it!

Ruby: (skeptic) Do they?

Jaune: They will! Well, I-I hope they will. My mom always says that... Never mind.

Y/N: I...I kinda like it. It reminds me of a really amazing historical figure from the past as her story was one where she started as a peasant girl and through hardwork become known as a saint.

Jaune: (in awe) Wow...

An awkward silence passes as Ruby breaks it.

Ruby: So... I got this thing! (pulls out Crescent Rose and stabs it into the ground)

Jaune: Whoa! Is that a scythe?

Ruby: It's also a customizable high-impact sniper rifle!

Jaune: A-wha...?

Ruby: (cocks it, smiling) It's also a gun.

Jaune: Oh. That's cool! What do you have Y/N?

Y/N: I have these swords, it's not much but it also has the ability to turn into two submachine guns.

Jaune: That's awesome.

Ruby: So what've you got?

Jaune: Oh! I, uh...(unsheathes a blade) I got this sword!

Ruby: Ooooohh!

Jaune: Yeah, and I've got a shield, too!" (gets his scabbard, raises his arm and expands the metal into his defense)

Ruby: (touching the shield) So, what do they do?

Jaune: (fumbles as his shield expands and retracts repeatedly before before putting it back in place and finally shrinking it down for good, placing it on his belt) The shield gets smaller, so when I get tired of carrying it, I can just... put it away...

Ruby: But... wouldn't it weigh the same?

Jaune: (dejectedly) Yeah, it does...

Ruby: (giggling) Well, I'm kind of a dork when it comes to weapons, sooo... I guess I did go a little overboard when designing it.

Jaune: Wait - you made that?!

Ruby: Of course! All students at Signal forge their own weapons! Didn't you both make yours?

Y/N: I got my weapon as a recommendation from a blacksmith, I mainly wanted something that was light and easy to use.

Jaune: I got this as a hand-me-down. My great-great-grandfather used it to fight in the war.

Ruby: Sounds more like a family heirloom to me! (laughs) Well, I like it! Not many people have an appreciation for the classics these days.

Jaune: (sheathing his sword) Yeah, the classics...

Ruby: (moving on again) So why'd you help us out back there? In the courtyard?

Jaune: (walking alongside her) Eh, why not? My mom always says, "Strangers are just friends you haven't met yet."

Y/N: I really appreciate it. (does a small respectful bow to Jaune) Thank you.

Jaune: (rubbing the back of head while blushing) D-Don't mention it.

Ruby: Hmm. (looks around) Hey, where are we going?

Jaune: Oh, I don't know! I was following you. Y-You think there might be a directory? Maybe a food court? Some sort of recognizable landmark? Is, uh... Is that a 'no'?

Ruby: (laughing) That's a 'no'.

Y/N: I'm pretty sure I saw a map a little while back. We need to head to the Auditorium.

Ruby: Okay, let's go.

The trio heads off as everything fades to black.

Chapter End

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

221 0 14
Disclaimer: I don't own RWBY, they belong to RoosterTeeth. I own Team LADR This is an au so somethings that happen in the show will not happen in the...
150K 1.5K 11
This is a story that went into my head and after reading a story kinda related to this and I will upload the bio of your gear, and in this story will...
6K 32 16
RWBY does not belong to me it belongs to the great monty oum and rooster teeth the ocs belong to me you belong to yourself
66.3K 1.3K 42
RWBY is owned by RoosterTeeth Baku and other characters belong to Sethical Formerly #1 in the rwby tag