due date // s.m

By mendessi

what happens after a one night stand in toronto between two strangers? #2 in shawnmendes !!!!! More

intro
o canada
that night
maid of honor
the reunion
think about us
together
the first kick
bows or bowties?
the next move
the anonymous account
the first fight
forgive or forget me
the big move and the big goodbye
love me or leave me
things i say when you sleep
new year's day
kora
not the end
falyn
welcome home
brand new
jay
retaliate
sister schedule
grande helps
big deal
for you
republic
twenty one
the final show
begin again
under and under and under again
one year later
i don't think i love you anymore
guilt
the beginning of the end
when two worlds collide
mutual
addition
plus one (part 1)
plus one (part two)
my forever
thank you

the way out

2.7K 83 24
By mendessi

UPDATE: Samara Cavelli remains in critical condition after her car accident just last week. An inside source reports Cavelli was left with multiple broken ribs, broken collar bone and a severe traumatic brain injury. Our sources say Samara has been left in a coma since the night of the accident almost two weeks ago. On the other hand, David Dobrik is reported to be in shambles as he stays by Cavelli's side 24/7, sources say. We wish Samara a healthy recovery.

Up Next: Are David Dobrik and Shawn Mendes Feuding?

Report: Inside sources tell us that Shawn Mendes and David Dobrik are feuding over Samara's condition. These reports came shortly after the news that Camila Cabello and Mendes ended their year and a half relationship days after Cavelli's accident. Mendes and Cavelli have an 18 months old daughter, Kora Cavelli-Mendes, together which some believe is causing the feud between the two. Cavelli and Dobrik share a house together where they live with Kora, which seems to be the issue for Shawn. Another report issues that Shawn wants to reunite and get back together with Samara. Who do you think Samara should pick when she finally wakes up?

"Aren't these just the stupidest?" David laughed after he finished reading some articles to me. I could just imagine what he looked like. I painted the picture in my head over and over. "People are taking your accident and turning it into a stupid headline. I hate it. Two weeks and the press won't give it a rest."

"Shawn and I are fine by the way. We're really bonding. Taking turns with Kora. We both just... want you to come out of this." I felt his hand squeeze mine and I so badly wanted to squeeze it back when I heard his voice crack. "Fuck, Sam, you really have to come out of this, I can't lose you like this."

"I'm here," I thought. "I just can't figure it out."

"You know, Dr. Adler said there's a chance you could have amnesia waking up. So, please don't forget me."

It was just dark. Never ending darkness. Kind of like that episode of Stranger Things when El is trying to find Billy and she falls into a literal pit of black. That's exactly what this was like. I could hear and feel everything. Yet, no matter how hard I tried, I couldn't find my way out. 

"Mr. Dobrik, Mr. Mendes, you're both here quite early." I heard Dr. Adler say as she came in. I felt so angry at her. I don't know what it was but clearly something wasn't right. Why hadn't I woken up? This was only supposed to last for a day to ease everything. The only difference was that it didn't ease a thing. I felt every ounce of pain coursing through my body. 

"It's been three days. What's the problem?" I heard Shawn say.

"The issue clearly is related to her TBI. We can try and go in again and figure out what went wrong, when it went wrong, to try and understand better what's going on in there. There is something we discovered today during her ultrasound to see how her breaks are healing." She explained. I don't think I could handle another surgery. Physically, mentally or emotionally.

"What?" David asked.

"Samara was pregnant at the time of the accident."  She said and I could literally feel the spike in my heartbeat.

"Was?" David said. "I don't understand."

"She lost the baby in the accident." 

"And you just now found this out? How could you possibly miss this?" Shawn raised his voice.

"I understand your frustration." 

"No, I don't think you do. You said she would wake up the day after the surgery. Do you know when she'll wake up at all? Now you're saying that she was pregnant? There wasn't a thing you could do?" David was yelling at Dr. Adler at this point and I wanted to burst in to tears. This was hands down the worst experience I ever had in my entire life. 

"David," Shawn said to him in a calm voice.

A few hours later, I could hear David crying, while Shawn comforted him. "We can't tell her. It'll break her. We can't tell her when she comes out of this."

"It's okay. I agree, we can't tell her this. Her favorite thing in the world is being a mom and this will just- it won't end good." Shawn told David. "I'm so sorry." 

"I was gonna be a dad," David laughed lightly, "This fucking sucks."

"I agree."

I knew. I already knew. All that mattered to me was that they were getting along and sticking together. What should have been the most awkward conversation, my ex and current boyfriend talking about a pregnancy none of us knew about? Yeah, pretty awkward. 

"So, guess what the headline is today?" David laughed, "I'm apparently taking custody of Kora and Shawn is trying to sue me." 

Hilarious.

"Dr. Adler says it's good to talk to you because even if you can't hear me there's a chance you might be able to. So... I wanna keep you updated. So you're not entirely out of the loop when you wake up." David said. "Because you will wake up." 

David was at the hospital every single day. All hours of the day. He rarely left to get food because our friends would bring him stuff and check in on us. The one day he did leave because he had a meeting he absolutely could not miss, Shawn came in.

Shawn was there as often as he could be, but he too was going through several legal things to get rid of Andrew from his life and move over to Republic. Plus, taking care of Kora when it was his turn. My parents, my sister and Casey, plus Shawn's family had all been to visit. As much as I wanted, my parents rarely came to see me. David tried to explain to me that it was too hard for them to see me like that. 

"Hey," Shawn said as he sat in the chair next to the bed. "I feel like I have a million things I need to say and I hate myself for letting this be the reason." 

"It's no secret that I want you back. I just don't know why I haven't done anything about it. I love David and I'm happy that he makes you happy, and you guys are perfect together... I just can't help but think it should me. Us. I know you say Kora isn't the reason, but I know you still love me. So why wouldn't we be together?

"I know you love David too, I know it's complicated. I want whatever makes you happy."

I do love you both. That's a problem I'll have to worry about when I wake up.

"I fucked up Samara, I know I did. I can't tell you enough how sorry I am. The few months I was with Camila couldn't compare to a day spent with you. I should have just told Andrew no. He was threatening to take my music away and that's no excuse because you and Kora are my world. 

"You have to come out of this. I can't do this alone." He was starting to cry and I just wanted to hug him, "I can't raise Kora alone. How do I explain to her that her mom is gone and won't be there? God, I need you to come out of this, please." I felt his head on my arm as he cried silently and I wanted to break down into tears. 

Diving into week number three and I was having trouble remembering what were dreams and what were memories. I felt like I was diving deeper and deeper into whatever this thing I was stuck in. I couldn't tell if I was actually awake or if I was dreaming. I know it doesn't make sense, but that's exactly how it felt. 

When I woke up I was sitting in the hospital bed. I feel like I had just gone through a war and a half. 

"Samara! Thank god you're finally awake. I missed you." David was sitting in front of me, but he didn't look like David. He looked different. Kind of like he had no emotion. 

"I missed you." I replied. My voice didn't sound like my own. It sounds scratchy and disgusting.  "Is Kora here?"

"Yeah. Though that door." He said, yet he didn't move. Yet there was only one door, so I'm assuming it was that one. 

I stood up, barely feeling like I could walk. I felt like both of my knees were gonna dislocate in a matter of seconds, but I kept moving. I needed to see Kora. I pushed the door open and Shawn and David were sitting across from each other in an empty room. Staring at each other blankly. 

I turned around, confused because I had just seen David in the other room. 

"Samara, you're awake. I'm so glad to see you." Shawn said, but his eyes didn't leave David.

"Now, you can choose."  David said. Still looking at Shawn.

"Choose?" I asked.

"David or Shawn." They both said at the same time. 

I walked around them, still looking at them because I had the most uneasy feeling I've ever had in my life. As I made my way to the next door they didn't even move. 

I turned around to push the door open, but David and Shawn were already both in front of me. 

"Choose." Shawn said.

"Don't do this to me. I need you." David said. They began to walk towards me and I stumbled back.

Neither of them looked or sounded like themselves.

"But think about Kora." 

"I can't." I continued backing up until I hit one of the chairs they were sitting in moments ago. 

"You have to choose." 

"I said I can't!" I yelled. 

I stumbled over the chair and fell backwards. I expected my back to hit the ground, but I kept falling. Once I stopped and opened my eyes, I was sitting in my car on the highway. I tried to press the pedal, but I couldn't move. 

My hands were stuck on the steering wheel while I looked around, trying to figure out what was going on. Was this really happening to me right now? What was real and what was reality?

 I heard the sound of a car horn and I looked up, my heart started racing as my hands jerked the steering wheel. It didn't stop the car from slamming into me. I relived every ounce of pain I felt the first time. 

I opened my eyes, looking up at David and Shawn. There was a nurse standing next to them, a few more nurses coming into my line of sight. I could feel the tears slipping down my cheeks as I tried to reach my hand up, but it felt like there were 100 pound weights stuck on my hands.

"Samara... Samara, can you hear me?" I heard Shawn's voice. 

My vision was focusing in and out as I tried to realize where I was. Was I still in a dream? 

"Baby, can you see us?" David said. I felt his hand run his hand stroke my hair. My eyes finally adjusted to the burning light and I could clearly see David standing over me, tears in his eyes. "You're okay. You're gonna be okay."

"Please, make room for Dr. Adler." One of the nurses said. Shawn and David backed away and a woman with dark brown hair came into sight.

I felt like I couldn't breathe. This tube down my throat was breathing for me. 

"Hi, Samara, my name is Dr. Adler. I know you're scared and confused, but I need you to calm down for me, okay? We're gonna get this tube out for you, no worries." She shined her flashlight in my eyes and mumbled something to the nurses standing around for me. 

Dr. Adler gave me medication that was supposed to help the pain of them taking the tube out of my throat, but It absolutely didn't do a thing. It felt like I was swallowing a million pointy chips. I could add it to the list of pain I was feeling from these broken ribs, broken collar bone and the aching pain in my head. 

"Can you talk?" She asked, poking around my face.

"Yes." I said, but barely anything came out. It hurt to talk. 

"It'll be hard, your throat might be scratched from the tube. I have a few questions for you, just to ensure there's no amnesia." She said, "Do you know your full name?" 

"Falyn Samara Cavelli." I replied, though my voice sounded horrendous.

"Do you know the year?" She asked.

"2021?"

"Do you know your profession?" 

"Musician?" I said. "Where's Kora?" 

"She's doing great. She's with Karen." I heard Shawn say. 

Dr. Adler said a few things to David and Shawn, but my train of thought was lost as I closed my eyes and tried to think. Everything that had happened while I was in the coma was coming into my thoughts. I still was having trouble separating dreams from reality. 

I remember Shawn and David talking to me clearly. Everything was coming back to me. 

"Sam..." David came into view and I felt my heart flutter.

"Who are you?" I said. The look on his face broke my heart, so I smiled a little, "Just kidding." 

He smiled and hugged me as gently as possible. As he did, Shawn caught my eye and he took my hand. I remembered the most important thing that happened when I was under. I felt like I couldn't catch my breath anymore. I don't know if it's because a tube had been breathing for me for the past 3 weeks or if its because I was on the brink of a panic attack.

"The baby, I-" David pulled away and looked at me as tears began streaming down my face, "I'm sorry. I'm so sorry-"

"How do you know about that? You're not supposed to know." David cupped my cheeks, brushing the tears away, "Don't be sorry. It's not your fault."

The monitors began beeping rapidly, and it got harder and harder to breathe and it felt like the room was closing in on me.

"I can't breathe." 

"Samara, you have to calm down." Dr. Adler said, rushing towards me.

"How did this happen?" I yelled. 

"Sam, calm down." David said to me, putting his hand on my cheek.

"Samara, just breathe." Shawn said, putting his hand on my shoulder.

"I heard everything. You don't know what it was like!"

"Sedate her." I heard Dr. Adler say.

"What?" I felt the needle go into my arm and within seconds the room began to spin. "I'm not okay." My words began to slur and become one as I kept falling back into that hole I was in in the first place. 

"You're gonna be okay. We're here. We're not leaving." Shawn said looking down at me.

 I felt his hand squeeze mine and I finally closed my eyes and let the medicine take over.

THIS CHAPTER TOOK FOREVER

anywhere , hope everyone had a fantabulous halloween. also merry christmas

ya know the drill

comment and vote

all the love 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

20.6K 435 33
Fiona gets the chance to be apart of Magcon. She starts developing feelings for Shawn Mendes. Shawn leads her on, then pushes her away. That leads Fi...
276K 6.6K 42
Nicole is just a normal girl with only 2 best friends. She is in love with magcon (old) but she knows that she is just a fan. Her parents don't even...
920K 8.5K 106
@JackGilinsky followed you
115K 2.6K 34
Shawn and Sydney have always been 2 peas in a pod, ever since they met in kindergarten. People think they are couple, but nah. What will happen when...