Flames [Completed]

Por Amon_Rawya

SET ALIGHT BOOK THREE Theme: Fire Meets Fate by Ruelle. - - - The winds of change are blowing Jordan towards... Más

Flames
~|Disclaimer|~
~Playlist~
(Awakening)
(My Everything)
(Quality Time)
(Promise)
(Passed Out)
(Feeding)
(Since Day One)
(More Quality Time)
(Hungry)
(Butterfly)
(Back To School)
°|Christmas With The Cullens|°
(Back To School Pt.2)
(Big Talks)
(Scarlette)
(Nala'si)
(Va Devote')
(Vision)
(Warning?)
(Shoreline Songs)
(Chasing Red)
(The Right To Know)
(Intruder)
(Things Aren't Okay)
(Rainy Hollow)
(Glimpse)
(Oh Deer)
(Son Of Juno)
(Spear Of Mars)
(Teenage Dream)
(Council Summons)
(Dark Clouds)
(Over a Precipice)
Ghosts and Dead Men
Voice of an Ancient People
Walking In the Valley of Kings
Blood of a Warrior Prince
The Beginning of an End
Delicate Touch of an Eternal Love
The Battle for Tomorrow
The Truth Cannot Long Be Hidden
An Unforeseeable Fate
Thank You
Jordan's English Essay

(Tinker Bell)

4.8K 149 38
Por Amon_Rawya

"I'm a what?"

After Jasper took me inside, he helped me clean up and change my clothes. I still couldn't touch his skin without flinching, or apologising. But he kept reassuring me and gently prodding me onwards.

Once that was done, we walked up to Carlisle's office, where the others all were. His desk had books strewn all over it, and I tried to keep my face from burning red in embarrassment.

They didn't seem bothered, though. Which I didn't expect, but Alice explained it to me as they've all been like that in one moment of time. For them to judge me would be hypocritical.

For around an hour, Carlisle worked hard, testing things, reading things, asking me questions, examining me. Not once did he mention what he was actually looking for.

Until, he stopped dead in his tracks with his eyes fixed on a drawing in one of the biggest, oldest looking books I've seen in my life.

The pages were nearly brown, the sides curled in, and some stains here and there didn't look like wine...

But Carlisle carefully examined every inch of the painting, glancing at me, or his notes, ever now and then.

I couldn't see what it was from where I stood, but Edward could, so could Alice.

Both of their eyes widened the more they looked, and my patience wore down very, very quickly.

Luckily, just as I was about to snap, Carlisle spoke up, his tone surprised, and a bit confused.

"Jasper, it looks like you're right," he said, raising his eyes.

I looked at him. "Right about what?"

His lips tugged up in a smile as he faced me. "I thought so. At least this way I have a vague idea of how to manage this."

"Can someone please clue me in here?!" I snapped, quite irritated with being spoken about as if I weren't in the room.

"You're one of the Faye, Jordan," Carlisle said softly.

"I'm a what?"

Okay, Vampires? Cool. Shape-shifters? Meh. Bloody faeries?! What's next? Fucking Tinker Bell?!

"Look at this," he says, beckoning me to his side of the desk.

I do so, and lean over the book. The painting displayed a beautiful woman, one with long brown hair, pale skin, and two piercingly purple eyes that match the delicate wings protruding from her shoulders.

She has her hands up, a dragon made of smoke rising from them and a symbol painted in white in the dark blue sky behind her.

She's truly stunning, and very otherworldly. Nothing about her could be compared to me. I don't see how I could be like her.

"I don't get it," I say, frowning at the book. "How on Earth can I be a Fearie?"

"Well, considering Bella isn't one, the bloodline probably comes from your father; the Scarlette line," Carlisle says.

"How do we know Bella isn't one either? This only appeared after I turned."

"There were signs before. I'm surprised I didn't pick up on it sooner. I've met one Faye before," Jasper says.

"What were the signs?" I ask, still feeling quite lost.

Have I never been human? Have I always been some messed up half blood? Never truly one with the people around me.

Jasper sits down on the chair in front of the desk, supporting his head with his hand.

"I should have known when you mentioned the heat you felt when our skin touched," he says, leaning back with a thoughtful look on his face.

"I thought that was something to do with the Nye mate bond," I say, glancing at Carlisle.

"Yes, it is, but--something I missed--is that your specific bond with Jasper is very rare outside of the Faye species," he says.

Carlisle always gets this enthusiastic glint in his eyes whenever he speaks about these things. It's comforting, and a little infectious.

Listening to him, and watching him turn almost back to a child, is wonderful. Plus, it helps me relax even in a stressful situation.

"And, I'm not sure if you remember, but one day you someone managed to affect my emotions when I felt bad," Jasper says, smiling faintly. "That's another thing I should have picked up on."

Something comes to mind, and my tongue darts out to wet my lips. Phantom sweat appears on my face and a slight tremor begins in my hand at the thoughts.

"What about vomiting black liquid? Is there anything about that in any of your books?" I ask, hoping to seem casual.

The room goes silent, and I instinctively look to Bella. She meets my eyes for a split second, and I know.

"You told them, didn't you?" I ask softly.

She nods, curling into Edward's side. For some reason, the action stings ever so slightly. But I brush it off and Carlisle speaks again.

"No, not that I've ever read. No doubt there's a connection, as its a rare case a human brings up pure black liquid routinely and survives," he says.

"But I was never human in the first place," I mumble, staring at the floor.

Why does that bother me? I don't get it. Some part of me should be glad I've never been the same as everyone around me. Although, now I think about it that was obvious for a long time.

But this brings up many more questions, most to do with my father. I was quite happy with where I left thing with him.

Now, it looks like I'm going to have to get back in touch. If this came through his bloodline, then he'll know more about it. Hell, maybe he will be able to help me.

That would be a first.

But someone I doubt he would, either way. I only have the Cullens to help me here. And Jasper has to be my anchor.

"So, why did Jasper faint? I didn't think vampires did that," I ask.

Carlisle bites his lip for a second, his brow furrowing. "...I'm not entirely sure. But, to explain to my best abilities, I do have a theory."

He lowers himself into his seat, and I patiently wait for him to begin. I've found it best not to rush him, because whenever he speaks, it's worth the wait.

Jasper zips across the room, and draws me into his arms. I flinch softly, but relax after a second of his embrace.

Being this close to him is still intoxicating. I hope that never changes. He's the sweetest wine to me, the strongest beer and most potent whiskey.

But at the same time, he's the only thing that can calm my storm. The one to quell my anger, and bring out the best of me.

There's nothing with him I would change. He's my perfect.

"You see, Jordan," Carlisle begins, dragging me from my sappy thoughts. "As a Faye, even part Faye, you have what your kind call Nala, which I believe is what we call Magic."

....are you kidding me.

"In young Faye, such as yourself, this magic is untapped and all but uncontrollable. As it responds to emotions, you can do things accidentally. Whatever you were feeling at that moment must have caused some kind of reaction within yourself," he says.

Huh. So, I made Jasper faint because I feel so in love with him? Makes sense.

Not.

I sigh, rubbing my eyes with my fingers as Jasper traces shapes on the other hand. A slightly overwhelmed feeling begins in mmy chest.

Struggling to pick a question, I notice my breathing becoming a little loud. And fast.

So does Jasper.

He tightens his hold on me subtly, leaning his head on my shoulder and throwing waves of comfort at me.

It's an odd feeling, but I appreciate it. Slowly, I relax and smile before placing a quick kiss on his forehead.

And he does the thing. The thing I love so much. The vampire equivalent of blushing.

It makes butterflies explode in my stomach. Not only from how cute it is, but because I know I caused that. Plus, it's nice to see him comfortable enough with his surroundings to be like that.

I'm ranting again, aren't I?

Well what do you expect?! If you could see how damn cute he is you would melt too.

I'll never understand how he manages to be ridiculously hot and adorably cute at the same time.

...sidetrack much, Jordan?

----------------
A/N

Hey, guys. Sorry for the late upload. Man, I say that a lot. But I swear I have a proper reason this time.

I basically didn't sleep at all over the weekend and I've just recovered. And now I'm getting sick 'cause of someone I met there, haha.

Hope you guys are all great, and thank you for reading! :)

R.A. <3

Seguir leyendo

También te gustarán

206K 4.4K 19
Avery Swan hadn't heard from or seen her sister Bella since she left for Forks, Washington. Now her older sister is getting married to someone that A...
65K 1.3K 35
You are the older adopted sister to Bella Swan and you recently found out you come from a long line of witches. While she lived with her mom in Phoen...
1.4K 56 10
[TWILIGHT || RILEY BIERS] There is said to be five stages of grief-denial, anger, bargaining, depression, and acceptance. But Selene Rossi could not...
4K 110 29
❝𝚈𝚘𝚞 𝚍𝚘𝚗'𝚝 𝚗𝚎𝚎𝚍 𝚝𝚘 𝚋𝚎 𝚜𝚌𝚊𝚛𝚎𝚍 𝚘𝚏 𝚝𝚑𝚎 𝚜𝚝𝚊𝚒𝚛𝚜. 𝚃𝚑𝚎𝚢 𝚊𝚛𝚎 𝚗𝚘𝚝 𝚐𝚘𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚝𝚘 𝚑𝚞𝚛𝚝 𝚢𝚘𝚞.❞ Bree Tanner, the...