The Seven ✦ {Avengers}

بواسطة HarperEPierce

After almost a year of being used as weapons with HYDRA, a group of seven rather special women are rescued by... المزيد

Prologue
Chapter 1:
Chapter 2:
Chapter 3:
Chapter 4:
Chapter 5:
Chapter 6:
Chapter 7:
Chapter 8:
Chapter 9:
Chapter 10:
Chapter 11:
Chapter 12:
Chapter 13:
Chapter 14: Christmas Special I
Chapter 15: Christmas Special II
Chapter 16: Christmas Special III
Chapter 17: Christmas Special IV
Chapter 18: Christmas Special V
Chapter 19:
Chapter 20:
Chapter 21:
Chapter 22:
Chapter 23: Valentine's Day Special II
Chapter 24:
Chapter 25:
Chapter 26:
Chapter 27:
Chapter 28:
Chapter 29:
Chapter 30:
Chapter 32:
Chapter 33:
Chapter 34:
Chapter 35:
Chapter 36:
Chapter 37:
Chapter 38:
Chapter 39:
Epilogue:

Chapter 31:

55 2 0
بواسطة HarperEPierce

A/N: Hey guys! The infinity war/endgame chapters have officially begun, meaning the wonderful copyright disclaimer that I must make stating that I do not own anything except for my characters, their dialogue and my own storyline. Everything else belongs to Marvel Studios. '

Anywho, enjoy this chapter, and more will come soon! Bye!

- Harper E. Pierce

"Hear me, and rejoice," Ebony Maw spoke as he weaved through the bodies of dead Asgardians. The ship that Loki, Thor, Skylar and Tris had been on for the last year was invaded. Half of the Asgardian refugees were now dead, and the others were injured, but alive enough to make it to Earth. Tris and Skylar were pinned down by metal pieces held by the Maw. Loki stood in the room, untouched but knowing what could happen if he made one wrong move. The unconscious Thor was held by the neck by the Titan himself; Thanos, "you have had the privilege of being saved by the Great Titan.- You may think this is suffering... no. It is salvation. Universal scales tip toward balance because of your sacrifice. Smile... for even in death, you have become Children of Thanos," he spoke evilly. Skylar's bloodied face turned into an angry sneer as Thanos came up.

"I know what it's like to lose. To feel so desperately that you're right... yet to fail, nonetheless. It's frightening. Turns the legs to jelly. I ask you, to what end? Dread it. Run from it. Destiny arrives all the same. And now, it's here. Or should I say- I AM," Thanos smirked as he held up the infinity gauntlet, showing the one stone he had; the Power stone. He had lifted Thor by the neck of his chest piece.

"You talk too much," Thor spat.

"Let go of him you sonofabitch!" Skylar spat angrily as she tried to break free from the metal plates holding her down. Thanos chuckled at her attempts, ignoring her loud wailing and turning to Loki.

"The Tesseract, or your brother's head," Thanos threatened, "I assume you have a preference," he raised a brow of contempt.

"Oh I do," Loki smirked back, "Kill away!"

"Loki! Stop!" Skylar and Triss yelled at him. Thanos put the Power stone to the side of Thor's head, and he began using it to torture Thor. Tris had enough and teleported out of the metal pieces holding her down. She punched Ebony Maw, in the face, breaking his focus on Skylar. She got up and ran towards Thor. Thanos took the power stone off Thor's head and directed it at Skylar, shooting a purple flame out of it to knock her down. Tris teleported in front of Thanos and attempted to cut the arm holding Thor off with a blade, but all that did was break the blade. Thanos smirked as her mouth dropped with shock. He picked her up by the neck and held her in the air. She teleported out of his grasp.

"It seems that you don't have the Tesseract," he smirked at Loki, and then looked at Tris on the ground, "and it seems that you have gotten used to using it as well,"

"Maybe I have," Tris spat.

"Give me the Tesseract,"

"Screw you, you overgrown purple dinosaur," Skylar shot back at him. Tris snorted at her comment. Thanos took the opportunity to do the same thing to Thor again. Loki cringed as his brother screamed horribly.

"ALL RIGHT, STOP!" He shouted.

"We don't have the Tesseract, it was destroyed on Asgard!" Thor exclaimed hoarsely. Loki shamefully looked down before placing his hand up in the air. The Tesseract appeared in his hand, as Thor rolled his eyes, "you really are the worst brother,"

"I assure you brother, the sun will shine on us again,"

"Loki, no!" Tris pleaded.

"Your optimism is misplaced, Asgardian." Thanos mocked.

"Well, for one thing, I'm not Asgardian. And for another... we have a Hulk." Loki stated. Hulk jumped in front of Thanos and began to throw some nasty punches. They wrestled, with Hulk winning for a bit, before Thanos's quicker speed overpowered Hulk's strength, and he knocked him out. The still alive Heimdall on the floor knew that if no one got to Earth, then there wouldn't be anyone to warn the Avengers of Thanos. So he developed a plan...

"Allfathers, let the dark magic flow through me one last... time," he summoned the Bifrost, which picked up Hulk's unconscious form and took him towards Earth. Thanos picked up the sword next to Heimdall.

"That was a mistake," he said, as he plunged the sword into Heimdall's stomach, causing his slow and painful demise. Skylar and Tris, were h

"No!" Tris and Skylar shouted as they both attempted to break free of the telekinesis holding them back once again.

"You're going to die for that!" Thor threatened weakly.

"Shh," Maw sneered as metal slithered its way over Thor's mouth to shut him up, "my humble personage bows before your grandeur. No other being has ever had the might, nay, the nobility to wield not one, but two Infinity Stones. The universe lies within your grasp." He spoke greatly as he bowed and handed the Tesseract to Thanos. He took it, crushed the Tesseract in his grasp as if it was an egg. The blue Space Stone glowed in his hand before he took it and placed it onto the gauntlet.

"There are two more stones on Earth. Find them, my children, and bring them to me on Titan."

"Father, we will not fail you-" Proxima Midnight bowed.

"If I might interject- if you're going to Earth, you might want a guide. I do have a bit of experience in that arena," Loki stated.

"What the hell? Loki you're supposed to be on our side!" Tris shouted angrily.

"If you consider failure experience," Thanos raised an unimpressed brow.

"I consider experience, experience," Loki continued, as a dagger appeared behind his back. Tris suddenly got the gist of what was happening. "Almighty Thanos- I, Loki, prince of Asgard... Odinson... the rightful king of Jotunheim, God of mischief, do hereby pledge to you... my undying fidelity," he went to stab Thanos with the dagger, but it was caught by Thanos.

"Undying?" Thanos smugly smirked, "you should choose your words more carefully," he said as he picked up Loki and held him by the throat. His unbearable sounds of gasping for air made tears sting Tris's eyes.

"Loki! NO!" Skylar yelled out as she tried her hardest to break free of Maw's invisible yet powerful grasp. It was impossible, she was held completely down. Loki struggled, even more, to get out of his grasp.

"You... will never be... a god," Loki sneered to Thanos, before struggling to yell out to Tris, "Tris!" He struggled, "I... I love you..." he said hoarsely. The sound of his neck snapping and his body going limp proved one thing; Loki was dead. Thanos tossed his body aside like trash.

"NO!" Thor and Skylar yelled at the same time in horror. Tris began to sob in horror and shock.

"No resurrections this time," Thanos said finitely as he used the Space Stone to teleport away with his "children". He used the Power Stone to start destroying what was left of the broken ship before he left.

"No... Loki!" Thor cried out. Skylar began to cry as well.

"Thor, this ship is going to destroy itself, we have to go! We have to warn the others!" Skylar cried, but Thor wasn't going anywhere. And if Thor wasn't going anywhere, neither was Skylar. She tried to pull Thor away with her, but after many failed attempts, she turned to Tris.

"Tris! Go! Warn the others! He's not going anywhere!"

"You're going to kill yourselves!" She shot back with tears in her eyes.

"GO! NOW TRIS!" Skylar shouted, "I'm going to try and reverse the damage on this ship!" She ordered. Tris tried to fight back, but knowing that Skylar's word was final and they were all going to die if she didn't go, she made her decision. She teleported off the ship.

-

"At the dawn of the universe, there was nothing. Then... Boom. The Big Bang sent

six elemental crystals... hurtling across the virgin universe. These Infinity Stones each control an essential aspect of existence. Space. Reality. Power. Soul. Mind. And Time," A tall skinny man whose attitude was much like Tony's explained. His name, his actual name, was Doctor Strange explained to Tony, who had just been taken from a run in Central Park with his fiancé Pepper.

"Tell me his name again," Tony said.

"Thanos. He's a plague, Tony. He invades planets. He takes what he wants. He wipes out

half the population. He sent Loki. The attack on New York, that's him!" Bruce exclaimed. Suddenly, Tris appeared in the room with them. She was crying when she saw Tony and Bruce standing there, and dropped to her knees in the middle of the room.

"Tris!" Bruce exclaimed, running over to the shorter woman. "What are you doing here? Why are you crying?"

"L-Loki, h-he's dead!" She sobbed as she said the words.

"What?!" Doctor Strange, Wong, Tony and Bruce all shouted at the same time, "how?"

"Thanos. H-he snapped his neck! That sonofabitch killed him!" She grew angry through her tears. "He's gone," she sighed.

"Tris, I-I'm so sorry," Bruce exasperated.

"I'm sorry to ask, but who are you?" Wong asked the woman.

"Tris Spencer, or Doctor Tachyon, whatever name we're using. I teleport and use portals,"

"Cool," Wong nodded.

"What's our timeline?" Tony asked.

"Clearly faster than we thought. He has the Power and Space Stones now. That already makes him the strongest creature in the whole universe. If he gets his hands on all six stones, Tony-"

"He could destroy life on a scale hitherto undreamt of," Doctor Strange said dramatically yet seriously.

"Did you seriously just say 'hitherto undreamt of?' " Tony asked as he leant on a large object to stretch his legs.

"Are you seriously leaning on the Cauldron of the Cosmos?"

"I'm going to allow that. If Thanos needs all six, why don't we just stick this one down the garbage disposal?"

"No can do,"

"We swore an oath to protect the Time Stone with our lives," Wong added to Strange's argument.

"And I swore off dairy... but then Ben & Jerry's named a flavour after me," Tony shot back.

"Stark Raving Hazelnuts," Strange shook his head.

"Not bad," Tony added.

"A bit chalky," Strange argued.

"A Hunk of Hulk of Burning Fudge is our favourite," Wong stated.

"That's a thing?" Bruce asked.

"This is so irrelevant," Tris rolled her eyes.

"Whatever. Point is, things change," Tony told them.

"Our oath to protect the Time Stone cannot change. And this stone may be the best chance we have against Thanos," Strange argued again.

"Yeah, so conversely, it may also be his best chance against us!"

"Well, if we don't do our jobs-"

"What is your job exactly? Besides making balloon animals,"

"Protecting your reality, douchebag."

"Okay, guys. Could we table this discussion right now? The fact is we have this stone.

We know where it is. Vision is out there somewhere with the Mind Stone... and we have to find him now," Bruce cut off their stupid argument.

"Yeah, that's the thing-" Tony looked to the ground.

"Oh god, what now?" Tris exclaimed.

"Two weeks ago, Vision turned off his transponder. He's offline," Tony explained.

"What?!" Tris shouted.

"Tony, you lost another super-bot?" Bruce exclaimed.

"I didn't lose him! He's more than that. He's evolving," Tony defended himself.

"Who could find Vision then?" Strange asked.

"Shit..." Tony muttered under his breath, "probably Steve Rogers," he groaned.

"Oh, great." Everyone groaned at the same time.

"This is stupid. Just end this goddamned feud, and call him up. Thanos is going to wipe out fifty percent of all life if we don't make this work!" Tris exclaimed with anger in her voice. "I want that asshole dead for what he did to Loki! We need to get the Avengers back together!" She spoke. Tony turned around to respond before he noticed Doctor Strange's and Tris's hair moving with the wind.

"Hey Doc, you wouldn't happen to be moving your hair or Tris's hair right now, would you?" He inquired.

"Not at the moment, no," Strange replied with a furrowed brow. Suddenly, distant screaming came from outside. Everyone walked outside and noticed people running away from something and screaming, but the answer to what it was was blocked by city buildings. As they went along, they helped people escape with their lives until they all turned the corner and saw what it was that was there; a giant spacecraft in the shape of a circle. To get the wind to stop from its arrival, Strange used one of the many dimensions he could to get it to stop. He then sent a wink to Tony, who made a face. They walked towards the now less wind and dusty area, where two aliens that were familiar to Tris and Bruce appeared out of a beam, especially the dreaded Ebony Maw.

"Hear me, and rejoice. You are about to die at the hands of the Children of Thanos. Be thankful that your meaningless lives are now contributing-"

"I'm sorry, Earth is closed today. You better pack it up and get outta here," Tony cut him off sarcastically.

"Stonekeeper. Does this chattering animal speak for you?"

"Certainly not. I speak for myself. You're trespassing in this city and on this planet." Strange did the FRIENDS version of "screw you" and the magic he used appeared to prepare for battle.

"He means get lost, Squidward," Tony shot at him.

"He exhausts me," he said to the larger alien beside him, "bring me the stone."

"Banner, you want a piece? Mmm, no, not really. But when do I ever get what I want?

"That's right," Tony nodded, Bruce beginning to try to get the Hulk to come out, "it's been a while. It's gonna be good to have you, buddy."

"Okay. Shh. Let me just... I need to concentrate here for a second. Come on, come on, man. God!" Bruce attempted to get the Hulk to come out.

"Where's your guy?" Tony wondered.

"I don't know. We've sorta been having a thing," Bruce told him.

"It's no time for a thing. That's the thing right there. Let's go," Tony began to worry. Bruce kept trying, and it just wasn't working. Strange looked over with judgement at Tony, who turned back to Bruce, "Dude, you're embarrassing me in front of the wizards,"

"Tony, I'm sorry. Either I can't or he won't," Bruce sighed with worry..

"It's okay. Hey, stand down," Tony eventually said, "keep an eye on him. Thank you,"

"I have him," Wong replied. Tony tightened his jogging suit and pressed on his arc reactor. The nanoparticles' housing unit released his Iron Man suit in a matter of seconds and created a shield for him. Cull Obsidian smashed his weapon into the shield, then Tony got back up and used blasters that extended from his body to blast the alien away from him, towards Maw, who threw him to the side.

"Where'd that come from?" Tris and Bruce exclaimed in awe.

"It's nanotech. You like it? A little something I-" Maw telekinetically shot Tony up in the air with cement from the ground, cutting off his sentence. Maw then lifted two trees from the ground as Wong went to block them with magic. Tris teleported over to Maw to go fight him off manually. Strange turned to Bruce.

"Doctor Banner, if the rest of your green friend won't be joining us..." he said and opened a void to central park to make sure he would be safe. Strange and Wong used magic to block Maw's attacks, which were weak due to Tris's distraction. Tony suddenly came in and blasted at Maw, who was unfazed by the attack, yet Strange and Wong's defensive attacks were ruined by it. Strange rolled his eyes.

"Gotta get that stone outta here, now," Tony ordered Strange.

"It stays with me," Strange spat.

"Exactly. Bye!" Tony took off, going to attack Maw, when Cull Obsidian threw his chain hammer at Tony, throwing him through buildings and towards Central Park, where Bruce was. Once Tony hit the tree, Bruce ran over to him.

"Tony! You okay? How we doin'? Good? Bad?" He asked. Tris then teleported into Central Park, knowing that Strange and Wong had Maw.

"Really really good- do you plan on helping out?" Tony replied sarcastically.

"I'm trying, he won't come out!" Bruce replied.

"Move!" Tris yelled at them, opening a portal to behind them so the hammer being thrown at them wouldn't hit them. Tony pushed Bruce out of the way and flew towards Cull Obsidian, who was now in central park, to fight him off. Tony used his blasters on him, but the alien blocked his attacks with a shield. Tony's laser attack failed as the shield blocked those as well, hitting a tree in reflection and knocking it down. Bruce ran from the falling tree but was knocked down by it. From there he attempted to get the Hulk to come out.

Tris and Tony fought off Cull Obsidian, but Tony was hit and knocked down about twenty feet. Tris tried to continue to fight the alien off, but Cull was stronger and threw her out of the way. Just as Tony was about to suffer a fatal blow from Cull, something blocked the attack; Peter.

"Hey man," he said to Cull, "what's up, Mr. Stark?" He asked. Suddenly, a purple flame destroyed Cull's hammer. He turned and looked over at Tori.

"Hey Tony," she smiled.

"Kids! Where'd you come from?"

"A date, to the MoMA!" Peter was thrown by Cull as he was saying his sentence, but he quickly got back up, "what is this guy's problem, Mr. Stark?" He asked.

"Uhh, he's from space, he came here to steal a necklace from a wizard," Tony put it as simply as he could. Tony blasted Cull's arm.

"What the hell?" Tori furrowed a confused brow, as she began to destroy the weaponry Cull had.

"I know, it's confusing. I'll fill you in later," Tris told her, teleporting over to fight him. Peter was suddenly caught by a large clamp and thrown by Cull. Tori and Tony were quick to attack him, while Tris went to help out Strange and Wong. Peter suddenly came back, picked up a car with webs and threw them at Cull, effectively hurting him a lot. Tori smirked at him after the attack.

"That was hot," she smiled at him. A huge grin plastered across his face.

Meanwhile, Strange was being held up against a building by Ebony Maw, who attempted to grab the stone from him. Maw's hand burned when he went to go and rip off the Eye of Agamotto.

"It's a simple spell but quite unbreakable," Strange told him.

"Then I'll take it off your corpse!" Maw shot back angrily. Tris teleported in between them and punched Maw square in the jaw, knocking him back.

"Take that, Squidward!" She shouted. Maw growled and telekinetically pushed her out of the way. Strange moved to the ground and began to use the Time Stone as an attack, but the piping Maw used to capture him prevented him from doing so. As it tightened around his wrists and crawled up to his neck and tightened, Strange began to weaken.

"You'll find removing a dead man's spell troublesome," Strange mocked him through wheezes.

"You'll only wish you were dead," Maw smirked. Strange fell down unconscious due to lack of air. Maw lifted the cement off the ground where Strange lay and began to pull it with him to the spaceship, but that plan failed when Strange's cape wrapped him up and pulled him out of the piping to rescue him and the stone. "NO!" Maw yelled when he found that Strange had escaped. Maw began to use the ground around him to levitate and follow Strange.

Strange's limp body in the cape past Tony, Tris and Tori who were still fighting Cull Obsidian.

"Tori, Peter, that's the wizard. Get on it," he ordered. Peter chased after him, with webbing while Tori ran after him. Because getting around with webbing was easier and Tori was going to wear out, she knew what she had to do.

"Babe, I need a boost," she asked as she held her wrist up in the air.

"What we practiced?" Peter grinned like a child under his suit in excitement. She rolled her eyes.

"Yes, now that boost!" She ordered. Peter used webbing to grab her wrist and pull her up with him. As the two got closer to Maw, Peter had just used more webbing to swing, when he had a billboard thrown at him by Maw, which hit him.

"Not cool!" Peter groaned as he got back up to continue. The timing of the hit was perfect so that Tori could swing up about thirty feet to get a clear shot and use her purple flame to block Maw's path.

"No one is in those two buildings right?" She asked Peter so he could scan them.

"No, why?" He asked. She blasted the bottoms of two buildings in his path while she was in the air, so that an avalanche of cement would hit him if he continued on his path. Just when she was done, her fall began, and Peter caught her wrist with webs before she fell into buildings, and let her down gently so she could continue running after Maw. Maw bent a utility pole to grab Strange's cape before the avalanche, which worked, and Strange began to fall. Peter swung over the avalanche, that Maw was blocked by to catch Strange before he fell to his death. Once he got him, he was just about to swing away when a blue beam of light began to levitate Strange, the cape and Peter up with him. Maw and Tori had managed to get over the avalanche, to find Peter, Strange and the cape all going up. Peter had caught a lamppost before he could go, which gave Tori just enough time to get to Peter before Maw lifted the pole off the ground and sent Tori, Peter, Strange and the cape all up in the beam.

"Uh, Mr. Stark! I'm being beamed up!" Peter exclaimed frantically.

"You might want to help us out!" Tori called after him.

"Hang on kids!" Tony said from the fight with Cull. Tony was pinned down by Cull's hammer, and it kept shorting because of the crushing feeling. Cull, about to make his final blow, ran and jumped to make the kill, but Wong opened a portal instead to the Arctic instead, closing it quickly when Cull went to leap back through it, only catching his hand and cutting it off on the other side. Bruce kicked the hand away from himself in disgust, pushing it towards Tris.

"Hey! That's gross!" She exclaimed, kicking it to the side. Tony unpinned himself from the hammer and waited for the suit to stop shorting out.

"Wong, you're invited to my wedding!" He exclaimed as he blasted himself up towards the ship. He wasn't getting there fast enough, and he found Peter hanging off the outside of the ship. "Give me a little juice, FRIDAY!" He commanded as the A.I made the suit use more energy to make him go faster. "Unlock 17-A," he commanded, "Pete, you gotta let go I'm gonna catch you!" Tony told him. "Where's your girlfriend?"

"I think she's still in New York, but you said save the wizard!" Peter argued. He pulled off his mask for air.

"You're too high up, you're running out of air,"

"Yeah that makes sense," Peter gasped for air before passing out and letting go of the ship. The package that Tony had told FRIDAY to unlock had caught him and placed him back on the ship, which woke him up. It was the Iron Spider suit. He gripped onto the ship to stabilize himself, finally being able to breathe.

"Mr. Stark it smells like a new car in here!" Peter exclaimed.

"Happy trails, kid. FRIDAY, send him home," Tony ordered the A.I.

"OH COME ON!" Peter shouted as a parachute protruded from the back of the suit, to send him home. Tony snuck inside the spaceship before FRIDAY let him know of a call; it was Pepper.

"Tony? Oh my god, are you alright?" She asked frantically.

"Yeah, I'm fine. I just think we might have to push our eight-thirty res," Tony replied sheepishly.

"Why?"

"Just 'cause I probably won't be back for a while,"

"Tell me you're not on that ship,"

"Yeah... Honey, I'm sorry. I'm sorry, I don't know what to say-"

"Come back here Tony, I swear to god. Come back!" The call began to break up as the ship went further into the depths of space.

"Boss, we're losing her!" FRIDAY alerted him. The call ended. Meanwhile, Peter had just snuck inside the ship as well and wasn't far behind Tony.

"I should've stayed at home..." he sighed.

"Nope, we're going to kill this sonofabitch," Tori appeared behind him and scared the crap out of him.

"Tor-" she slapped a hand over his mouth and told him to shut up. They knew it was going to be a long journey.

Back in New York, Bruce, Tris and Wong only remained.

"Where are you going?" Bruce asked Wong as he opened a portal.

"The Time Stone has been taken, the Sanctum remains unguarded. What will you do?" Wong replied.

"I'm gonna make a call," Bruce told him, with Tris sticking by his side. Wong went through the portal and closed it behind him with a nod.

"We're gonna need all the help we can get," Tris told him, as the two dialled the name of someone whom Tony still held a grudge towards.

-

Thor lay unconscious in a spaceship where the Asgardian ship was invaded. The refugee ship was in pieces, bodies were everywhere, and the only thing that was there for rescue was too late. The Guardians of the Galaxy, the defenders of space, had arrived to try and rescue the Asgardians, and only found ruins. It was when the ship accidentally hit Thor's unconscious body did they find he was alive.

"Wake him up," Peter Quill, the 'captain' of the Guardians told Mantis, one of the six on the ship who had powers sort of similar to Lexi's. She put a hand to his head and got him to wake up. He jolted and got off the table abruptly, startling the guardians. He turned to them.

"Who the hell are you guys?" He asked darkly.

"Starlord," the one who looked human told him.

"I'm Mantis," the alien with antennas told him.

"Drax," the intense blue one with red tattoos introduced himself, "the strongest among us," he told them seriously.

"Rocket," said the raccoon.

"I am Groot," the tree looking one said.

"Gamora," the angry green one told him. Thor nodded.

"Where's Skylar?" He demanded.

"Skylar?" Rocket asked, "you were the only one we rescued, we don't know who that is," suddenly, Thor looked frantic.

"SHE'S STILL OUTSIDE! YOU HAVE TO GET HER! SHE'LL DIE IF YOU DON'T!" Thor yelled.

"Ok! Ok! Calm down, we'll get her!" Gamora told him. Quill went out there with his oxygen mask on and grabbed the girl that Thor pointed out to them. She was completely passed out when Quill got her from the depths of space. She looked dead. They lay her on the same table that Thor lay on previously. Thor bent down next to her, looking at her too pale form. Mantis took hold of her head to check if she was alive.

"She's alive but heartbroken... and afraid," Mantis told them. The blonde god took a sigh of relief.

"Can you wake her?" He asked. Mantis nodded and did exactly that. She was a lot more calm about her waking than Thor was, until after a couple of seconds.

"Where am I?" Skylar asked nervously until she saw Thor, "Thor, you're alive! Thank god!" She shot up and got off the table to hug him. "Did you guys save us?" She asked kindly.

"Yes, you could say that," Quill told her.

"I am Groot," Groot added.

"Thank you," she smiled at them, "I'm guessing you all know why the Asgardian refugee ship is in pieces,"

"It is because of Thanos," Gamora told her.

"You know him?" Skylar asked.

"The entire time I knew Thanos, he only ever had one goal. To bring balance to the universe by wiping out half of all life. He used to kill people planet by planet, massacre by massacre," Gamora explained grimly.

"Including my own," Drax added sadly.

"If he gets all six Infinity Stones... he can do it with the snap of his fingers like this,"

"You seem to know a great deal about Thanos," Thor stated.

"Gamora is the daughter of Thanos," Drax revealed.

"Your father killed my brother,"

"Oh, boy," Rocket groaned.

"Stepfather, technically. And she hates him as much as you do," Quill quickly tried to justify her stance to Thor.

"Families can be tough. Before my father died, he told me that I had a half-sister... that he imprisoned in Hell. And then she returned home and stabbed me in the eye. So I had to kill her. That's life though, isn't it, I guess. Goes round and round and... I feel your pain." Thor's body language completely changed as he explained his situation.

"I feel your pain as well, because... I mean, it's not a competition, but I've been through a lot. My father killed my mother. And then I had to kill my father. That was hard. Probably even harder than having to kill a sister. Plus, I came out with both my eyes, which was-"

"I need a hammer, not a spoon," Thor said to himself, cutting Quill off, "how do I open this thing? Is there some sort of, uh... a four-digit code, maybe? Maybe a birthdate,"

"Uh, what are you doing?" Quill asked with a raised brow.

"Taking your pod," Thor replied casually.

"No, you're not!" Quill mimicked Thor's booming voice.

"Uh, yeah we are. We need to get to-"

"You will not be taking our pod today, sir." Quill interrupted Skylar.

"Uh... Quill, are you making your voice deeper?" Rocket inquired.

"... No,"

"You are. You're imitating the god-man. It's weird," Drax called him out.

"No, I'm not!"

"He just did it again!" Mantis pointed at him accusingly.

"This is my voice!" Quill defensively shot back. Thor jumped down threateningly and walked towards Quill.

"Are you mocking me?"

"Stop it. You did it again,"

"He's trying to copy me."

"I need you to stop doing that."

"Enough! We need to stop Thanos. Which means we need to find out where he's going next," Gamora ended their pointless testosteronic argument.

"Knowhere," Thor and Skylar told them.

"He must be going somewhere," Mantis interjected.

"No, no. Knowhere? It's a place. We've been there. It sucks," Quill complained, "excuse me, that's our food." He pointed to Thor as he so rudely raided their fridge.

"Not anymore," he replied.

"Yeah, I'm starving," Skylar walked over to continue raiding their fridge.

"Thor, why would he go to Knowhere?" Gamora asked.

"Because for years the Reality Stone's been safely stored there with a man called the Collector,"

"If it's with the Collector, then it's not safe. Only an idiot would give that man a stone." Quill argued his statement.

"Or a genius," Thor shot back.

"How do you know... he's not going for one of the other stones?" Gamora shifted the subject back to the stones and rolled her eyes at their childish bickering.

"There are six stones out there. Thanos already has the Power Stone... because he stole it last week when he decimated Xandar. He stole the Space Stone from me... when he destroyed my ship and slaughtered half my people. The Time and Mind Stones are safe on Earth. They're with the Avengers,"

"The Avengers?"

"Earth's mightiest heroes," Skylar explained.

"Like Kevin Bacon?" Mantis's eyes widened with glee.

"He may be on the team. I don't know. I haven't been there in a while. As for the Soul Stone, well, no one's ever seen that. No one even knows where it is. Therefore Thanos can't get it. Therefore he's going to Knowhere. Hence he'll be getting the Reality Stone. You're welcome," Thor explained.

"Then we have to go to Knowhere, now," Gamora said.

"Wrong. Where we have to go is Nidavellir," Thor stated.

"That's a made-up word!" Drax accused

"All words are made up,"

"Nidavellir is real? Seriously? That place is a legend. They make the most powerful, horrific weapons to ever torment the universe. I would very much like to go there, please." Rocket got excited at the thought of the place.

"The rabbit is correct and clearly the smartest among you," Thor stated.

"Rabbit?" Rocket furrowed his brow in confusion.

"Oh Honey, he's a raccoon," Skylar corrected her boyfriend.

"Not important right now. Only Eitri the Dwarf can make me the weapon I need. I assume you're the captain, sir," he turned to Rocket as he inquired.

"You're very perceptive," Rocket crossed his arms in curiosity.

"You seem like a noble leader. Will you join me and my beautiful girlfriend on our quest to Nidavellir?" Thor asked.

"Let me just ask the captain. Oh, wait a second, it's me! Yeah. I'll go,"

"Wonderful!"

"Uh, except for that I'm the captain-

"Quiet," Thor cut off Quill again.

"That's my backpack!" Quill exclaimed.

"Go sit down," Rocket shot back.

"Look, this is my ship. And I'm not goin' to... wait, what kinda weapon are we talkin' about here?" Quill asked.

"The Thanos-killing kind," Thor replied shortly.

"Don't you think that we should all have a weapon like that?" Quill asked.

"No. You simply lack the strength to wield them. Your bodies would crumble as your minds collapsed into madness,"

"Is it weird that I wanna do it even more now?"

"Mmm, a little bit, yeah," Thor furrowed a concerned eyebrow.

"I know someone you can talk to about your rather reckless impulses, she's very good," Skylar told Rocket.

"If we don't go to Knowhere and Thanos retrieves another stone... he'll be too powerful to stop," Gamora pointed out.

"He already is," Thor replied.

"I got it figured out. We got two ships and a large assortment of morons. So me and Groot will go with the pirate angel and his side-chick here. And the morons will go to Knowhere to try to stop Thanos. Cool? Cool." Rocket explained his idea sarcastically.

"So cool," Thor smiled as he and Skylar walked into the pod.

"I'm not a side chick, trash-panda!" Skylar insulted him.

"Hey!" Rocket growled.

"For the record... I know that you're going with him because it's where Thanos isn't," Quill called him out for his cowardice.

"You know, you really shouldn't talk that way to your captain, Quill," Rocket mocked him, "come on, Groot. Put that game down. You'll rot your brain,"

"I bid you farewell and good luck, morons. Bye," Thor smiled as Skylar, him, Groot, and the raccoon all jumped in the pod. As the pod took off and they left the remainder of the guardians to get the Reality Stone, Skylar wondered how they were going to stop Thanos. But that was when she decided to close her eyes look into the future, just to see how this was going to turn out. She feared the results, knowing that if they screwed up, it wouldn't work out. She wanted to see if there was even a slight chance they could win, despite the gut feeling she was getting that they were doomed.

واصل القراءة

ستعجبك أيضاً

204K 6.6K 45
WHAT IF... an ordinary day turned out to be extraordinary? What if your wildest dreams came true? What if there was a universe full of possibilities...
354K 11.1K 16
Having lost her sight during the New York attack, a young girl deals with living in a big city. Returning home one evening, she bumps into a stranger...
335 24 21
After the previous events of the Avengers, Stark Industries thought it was time to recruit some new members. Tess, Kris, Kitty, Jen, Amelia, and Jojo...
25.6K 466 14
When Victoria White gets an invite to join the superhero agency, S.H.I.E.L.D. to help save the world from Loki. She never expected to have feelings f...