The night is darkest just bef...

By Mimorimori

After getting rejected by his childhood crush, Izuku was heartbroken. On the very same day, he got attacked b... More

Chapter 1: A bad day
Chapter 2: Night mission
Chapter 3: A favour
Chapter 4: Intertwine and connecting
Chapter 4.5: Aizawa
Chapter 5: Searching for an answer
Chapter 6: Bad timing
Chapter 7: Fledgling and pure blooded
Chapter 9: A wishful thinking
Chapter 10: Fragment of the past
Chapter 11: Hidden truth and pain
Chapter 12: Decision
Chapter 13: The targeted fledgling
Chapter 14: Spotted
Chapter 15: Hunted down
Chapter 16: Captured
Chapter 17: Trial
Chapter 18: Test
Chapter 19: A small chat
Chapter 20: What am I to you?
Chapter 21: Nightmare
Chapter 22: Todoroki Shoto
Chapter 23: First mission (Part One)
Chapter 24: First mission (Part Two)
Chapter 25: End of first mission, beginning of a storm
Chapter 26: Scars
Chapter 27: Togata Mirio
Chapter 28: Training and preparation
Chapter 29: Cargo
Chapter 30: Amajiki Tamaki
Chapter 30.5: His story
Chapter 31: Getting ready
Chapter 32: Battle
Chapter 33: Warning, danger
Chapter 34: The choice that was made
Chapter 35: Taken
Chapter 36: A small hope
Chapter 37: Bad route...?
Chapter 38: Even if it's against the order
Chapter 39: Rescue mission
Chapter 40: That's my promise to you
Chapter 41: No longer the same

Chapter 8: Fear and worry

5.8K 254 68
By Mimorimori

This is the first time Izuku saw Katsuki glaring at someone with nothing but pure anger and hate. While Katsuki's mostly angry and has a scary look, this is on a whole new level.

"I said get the fuck off him, you fucker!" Katsuki repeated.

"Bakugou!" Kirishima called out as he finally caught up with Katsuki. He was stunned when he saw the scene ahead of them. Why is Izuku doing out here with the pure blooded vampire? And holy shit, those injuries on Izuku look nasty and painful!

"Kacchan! Kirishima-kun!" Izuku shouted.

"They know each other?" Yamato thought. First, a vampire saved a hunter and now the other hunters is here to save him? Now this is very weird. While Yamato wanted to stay and find out about the relationship between them, he was in a bad spot right now.

"I don't wanna die yet so I'll be leaving now." Yamato said as he got off Izuku, pulling out the knives at the same timing. Giving one last look at Izuku, he leap onto the nearest roof and quickly disappear from the view of the two hunters and fledgling.

Katsuki clicked his tongue and lower his gun. The next time he see that bastard, he'd make sure that he send him down to hell by putting a hole in that fucker's head.

"Stop, he's already gone. You won't be able to catch up..." Izuku said when he saw that Kirishima was about to chase after Yamato.

Katsuki quickly made his way towards Izuku and he felt something sharp digging into his heart when he saw the injuries. A normal human wouldn't be able to survive this. Even if Izuku won't die from it, he'll still feel the pain and Katsuki fucking hate to see him like this.

"You fucking idiot! Why did you leave the house?!" Katsuki scolded.

"I'm very sorry, Kacchan." Izuku muttered. Pushing himself up, he let out a growl and cover his mouth. Izuku begin to pant as drops of drool slip pass his fingers and dripped onto the ground. "K-Kacchan... I..."

Seeing this, Katsuki immediately knew that this isn't looking good. Izuku got hungry very fast, so for him to fight against another vampire for god knows how long, it no surprising that his instinct would start to tell him that it's time to feed to recover the energy he used up when fighting and for healing the wounds.

If Katsuki doesn't do something quick, Izuku's going to lose himself to his hunger again. Looking around his surrounding, Katsuki spotted a small vending machine nearby- oh fuck, his wallet is in his bag! And he left that bag at his house!

"Kirishima, do you have money with you?!" Katsuki asked urgently.

"Yeah, I do!" Kirishima nodded. Digging into his pocket and took out all the coins he has on him, he quickly handed it over to Katsuki.

Katsuki ran over to the vending machine and insert the coins. He didn't have the time to choose leisurely so he just press the first button he saw, which turns out to be a sports drink. He doesn't know how much a drink can help but it should be better than nothing. When Katsuki return, he unscrew the cap and shove it into Izuku's mouth, almost causing him to chock on the drink. While Izuku's drinking, Katsuki and Kirishima noticed that his blood red eyes slowly changes back to green and that's a good sign.

After he finish drinking, Izuku muttered softly. "Thank you, I'm feeling much better now."

"Tch, just don't go and pull shit like that again."

"Bakugou's right. We were really worried when Kaminari told us that another vampire has shown up and saved him."

Upon hearing that, Katsuki glared at Kirishima. "Fuck you, shitty hair! Who the hell said that I'm worried about this stupid nerd?!"

Kirishima sweat dropped and let out a weary laugh. It seems like Katsuki can never be honest with his feelings and thoughts. Katsuki's pride won't allow him to admit that he's the first one to ran off to looking for Izuku after he heard about him from Kaminari.

"But how do you know that it was me?" Izuku asked.

"Because you're the only vampire who is stupid enough to do something like that. Now that you know how fucking dangerous our job is, do not get yourself involved again. You might not die but you can never be able to kill another vampire."

Izuku lower his head and say nothing. He just experience it himself after all. How scary it is to be fighting against another vampire. At the same time, he's also scared of something else. What if one day, Katsuki never return back home? What if Katsuki... died during his battle with the vampires?

To Izuku, Katsuki's the symbol of victory who will never lose. But Izuku's starting to have his doubt and he hate it.

The smell of another human approaching them send Izuku into a panic. The owner of this smell belong to the hunter that he saved just now but why is he coming over here?

Izuku stood up and bit his bottom lip to prevent himself from making a sound. His wounds hasn't fully heal yet so it still hurts for him to be moving around. He scrambled to the nearly hiding spot, which turns out to be a standing sign board.

There shouldn't be any reason for Izuku to hide from the hunter since Katsuki and Kirishima has gave their report about him. Since he's injured and is in the middle of healing, his instinct doesn't seem to trust the other hunters approaching him beside Katsuki and Kirishima yet. Which is probably why Izuku went to hide without thinking.

At first, Izuku's action confused both Katsuki and Kirishima but when they saw Kaminari running towards them, they were glad that he listen to his instinct to hide his weak and vulnerable body from the unfamiliar hunter.

Because they keep Izuku's existence a secret from everyone, there's going to be a huge trouble if the other hunters were to saw Izuku with them. And Izuku still doesn't know this yet.

"T-there you are!" Kaminari panted. He bend his upper body forward and place his hands on his knee, taking in deep breath. "You guys are way too fast! As soon as I found you guys, you left me behind and went to look for the 'fake' Yamato!"

Looking up, Kaminari blinked when he saw that there are no vampires in sight. "Huh? Where did the 'fake' Yamato go?"

"That fucker got away." Katsuki replied.

"Again? Then what about the vampire wearing a black hoodie?"

"...We didn't see him." Kirishima averted his gaze from Kaminari. He isn't fond of lying to his friend but it's the best that the less people know about Izuku, the better it is.

"Oh, I see..." Kaminari lower his head in disappointment. The next time if he were to meet that hooded vampire again, he could be an enemy that need to be eliminate, since vampires couldn't hold back their instinct to attack human and drink blood for long. So while that vampire is still trying to remain 'human', Kaminari wanted to thank him for saving him.

"Anyway, now that the vampire is gone, we should go back and report to the higher ups." Kirishima suggested.

"You fuckers can go by yourself. I'm heading back home." Katsuki said.

"Wait-" Kaminari wanted to protest but Kirishima put an arm around his shoulder and laugh.

"Alright, then we'll go back to the headquarter. See you tomorrow, Bakugou!" Kirishima said as he start to lead Kaminari away from Katsuki and Izuku. He knew that Izuku still need time to heal and it wouldn't be good if Kaminari were to notice him. It's not that Kirishima doesn't trust Kaminari with this secret, he just doesn't want his friend to get into trouble by joining them to break the rules.

"Hey, when I ran into your guys, I told you about how the pure blooded vampire has the ability to change into someone else and how the hooded vampire saved me but there's still something that I haven't told you guys yet. I saw the real Yamato and he's already..." Kaminari trailed off, finding it hard to continue.

Knowing what Kaminari's trying to say, Kirishima can only stare at the road ahead of them in silent. Another hunter has died and it wasn't anything new. He wasn't very close with Yamato but he has worked with him a few times before and he can say that the black haired hunter wasn't the best at fighting but he was honest and hardworking. It's kind of shocking to hear that Yamato's dead.

If Izuku didn't arrival in time to save Kaminari, Kirishima would lose one of his best friends tonight. The thought of seeing his friend dead in front of him... was really painful.

"What happened to... the corpse?" Kirishima finally asked.

"I called Aizawa-sensei and told him about it and he has already ordered the 'collecting' team to retrieve Yamato's body."

"I see..."

In their organization, there are three teams that receive and work according to the orders that was given to them.

The hunter team deal with the vampires. The investigator team research about vampires and create weapons for the hunters. And lastly, the collecting team are the one who retrieve the corpses of the victims. The collecting team may not seem like they do much but with the hunters and investigator busy with their own role, someone would need to do the job that nobody want.

Not to mention that it's not easy for the others to see the corpses of their own team members, much less carry the body back to the headquarter.

"I really need to thank Midoriya for saving Kaminari." Kirishima thought.

~~~

Once Kirishima and Kaminari left, Katsuki approach the sign board and froze when he saw Izuku kneeling on the ground, shutting his eyes tightly while he's covering his mouth and panting. Fuck, Katsuki thought that the spot drink should be able to hold off Izuku's hunger for a bit longer but it seems like it wasn't enough after all.

"Deku, can you hold on until we got back?" Katsuki asked.

"I think so..." Izuku nodded as he slowly open his eyes. He was uncertain about it himself but he'll do his best to hold his instinct back for as long as he can. His hunger was forgotten for a short moment when Katsuki suddenly crouch down in front of Izuku lift him up with one arm under his legs and the other supporting his back.

"K-Kacchan, what are you doing?!" Izuku blushed.

"There's not enough time and I can't be waiting for your wounds to heal! You're not in the state to run or walk properly and any unnecessary movement might make it worse so it will be faster if I carry you back myself!"

"No, you don't have to do this! I can walk on my own-" Izuku shut his mouth when he saw the murderous glare Katsuki's giving him. Katsuki's clearly warning Izuku not to argue with him unless he wanted to get a longer scolding (probably beating too when he's fully heals up) from him. "Okay..."

It was really embarrassing for him to get a 'princess carry' at this age but Izuku'll try not to think about it too much. He need to focus on holding his hunger back for now.

~~~

Meanwhile, somewhere else...

Inside a small bar where there wasn't a single human to be found, one pure blooded vampire with the appearance of an adult in his early twenties was sitting at the counter table, scratching his neck while the other vampires is doing their own things.

As the 'leader' of this group, there are many things Shigaraki should be doing. But he honestly don't feel like doing much right now. Lately, he has been feeling really restless and easy to annoy. It feels like there's something really important he need to do but he cannot figure out what exactly it is. Because of this, he couldn't even get into the mood to hunt and kill the humans.

The door open and another pure blooded vampire like him shows up, grinning like a freak.

Shedding off the 'Yamato' disguise, the female vampire with two messy buns smiles and exclaimed. "Hey, guess what I've found when I was searching for a meal!"

Some of the other vampires turn their gaze towards her while some remain uninterested. While it was rare for her to return without any bloodstain on her clothes, they didn't question her about it.

"And? What did you found, Toga-chan?" One of the vampires asked.

"I found a super cute fledgling! And he smells a lot like Tomura-kun!"

The scratching stops and now Shigaraki turn his gaze to Toga. What she just said has caught his full attention. She ran into a fledgling that smells like him? How can that be? Unless it was...

"Give me the full details." He said.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Mine By dreamer

Fanfiction

155K 2.7K 56
Izuku gets sold to the Mafia and finds out that mafia boss, Katsuki Bakugo is a vampire. What will Izuku do if he becomes the vampire's personal bloo...
32.8K 1.1K 22
When Bakugou finally asks out his old childhood friend out, Izuku meets his friends. As everyone was happy for the new couple, they began to hang out...
2.5K 26 17
Izuku's father gifted him something unlike no other. Some sort of vampire curse was triggered & he has no idea how to satisfy it. Lucky for him, his...
126K 3.7K 34
[COMPLETED] {REWRITE IS OUT-incomplete} Katsuki always thought vampires were real, but he never really thought that they'd ever take a liking to him...