Not Really Mine

By zahra_ml

"What are you getting at son?" His father watched both of us warily. "She's not really My-" the word was abo... More

I
II
III
VI
V
IV
VIII
IX
X
XI
XII
XIII
XIV
XV
XIV
XVII
XVIII
XIV
XV
XXI
XXII
XXIII
XXVI
XXV
XIV
XXVII
XXVIII
XXIV
Epilogue
Smu-what?

VII

12.4K 538 38
By zahra_ml

I woke up from the best sleep I ever had in a long time. I went to reach for my glasses. Not being able to find them I opened up my eyes and see, I wasn't in my room.

I sat up quickly and pat myself down. Definitely wasn't a dream. I looked over on the other side of the bed and see a lump. Fear ran through me until I realized something. My hand went to my chest and I slumped over.

Now I remember. I'm surprised he hasn't gotten up yet to do work. Then I remember that I basically do all his work.

Knowing I took the day off, I wasn't so worried about work. Then the fact that my boss is right next to me. I slid out of the bed and glanced at my watch. 9:00 am, slept for four more hours. Maybe Since I got up at four and went back to sleep I woke up early.

I grabbed my purse and dug into it to find wireless earbuds. I slowly exited the room so I wouldn't wake up the sleeping goblin.

I padded down the hall barefooted and stepped down the marbled steps. I guessed his mother and sister left because there was no sign of them. Or they could've still been sleep.

I reached the bottom of the steps and is immediately baffled. I was so caught up last night I didn't take in the beauty of this home. The house is so modern and sleek everything is up to date. The living room is gigantic with a fifteen foot wide L shaped couch. A TV bigger than me is mounted on top of a white fire place and a glass coffee table in between the couch and TV.

I walk passed the living room and gaped at the kitchen. I am going to have some fun. Ever since I was little I have been in love with cooking. My mother tought me everything she knew on how to make things from scratch.

I plugged in my earphones and cackled. I put on Chris Brown and his songs started blasting in my ears. I danced to the cabinets and opened every single one to see what is where. I tapped my chin thoughtfully on what to cook.

Usually in the mornings I eat a basic a croissant and coffee. Since I got options and time, though I decided on a croque madame, which is just ham, cheese, and fried egg sandwich and crepes. I took out pans and the ingredients and get to work.

About an hour had  passed by of me cooking.

"Weekdays, it's not enough, weekends be short as fu- ah!" My heart almost jumped out my chest when I turned around. My boss stood there, arms crossed staring at the pan in my hand. I tightened my grip around the pan and put a hand on my heart.

"Mon Dieu." I let out a breath and brushed past him to put the crepes on the plates. I paused my music to see what he wanted.

"What are you doing." He gruffly said clearly just woke up. I walked back and forth plating the food.

"Plating the food." I said in a obvious tone. His face almost unnoticeably frowned.

"Why?"

"Because I can and I'm hungry." I looked into the fridge and grabbed orange juice.

"You also don't have any sweets, at all." I wanted something sweet while I was cooking, but he literally has all organic stuff, no sweets, no snacks.

"I know." His eyes continued following me back and forth. I stopped in my tracks then faced him.

"Why? You need delicious delicacies." What is wrong with this abomination.

"You burn sugar before you burn fat."

"What fat? You don't have any!" My hands gestured towards his body. This many is all muscle.

"Exactly, and I want it to stay that way." I couldn't believe this man.

I took two cups and poured the orange juice. I padded out to the dining room and set the cups and plates down.

"I made you a plate." I told him and shuffled back to the dining table and sat down. He skeptically walked to the other side of the dining table and scanned his plate.

"Did you poison it?" I scoffed "I'm not trying to be the most hated person in America for killing you." I mumbled then ate my food. I needed to start cooking more because it was wonderful. I looked up from my plate to  see him taste my food. He slowly chewed it while I sat there in anticipation. I saw something flashed through his eyes once he tasted it. Then he just shrugged dismissively.

"Had better." He scooped another forkful into this mouth. "Yeah, whatever, once you had my food there's no going back. My food is the better food." Not being arrogant, but my food is top ten. We ate in silence for the next five minutes until he spoke again.

"Where's your keys." My eyebrows scrunched together and I look up at him. He watched me lazily waiting for my answer.

"In my purse- why do you need to know?" I questioned.

"So the movers can go get your things." He lightly said drinking his orange juice not breaking eye contact. I choked on my food and gulped down some orange juice.

"I thought this was a one time thing. I'll just be called your girlfriend, fiancée, and wife, but I'll be still living on my own."

"Once I announce our engagement the whole entire world will know you. What fiancée lives somewhere else?" I stayed silent knowing he had a point. I pursed my lips thinking about living here for God knows how long.

"The only thing that'll change is that
you can sleep in a different room from
now on." I sighed in defeat and got up.

"Your room was boring anyways." I muttered.

"What."

"I'll go get the key." I walked to the stairs.

I came back to see the dinner table cleaned off and the dishes done. I shrugged knowing I didn't have to do them now. I spotted him at the bar typing on his laptop typing and I place the key next to him.

"Are you still taking off tomorrow?" I heard from behind me.

"No." I started shuffling around the house because I'm bored. I came across a sign that said theatre, of course. I stepped into the room and see a miniature theatre.

Oh, what money can do for you.

I saw a touch screen on the wall and pressed it. Movies are listed down the screen and I scroll. I find Deadpool 2 and tapped  play. I skipped to one of the higher seats and sit. The lights dimmed and the movie starts. This is my favorite room.

I practically spent the whole day watching movies that didn't even come out yet. I laughed, cried, screamed. Honestly the best Monday ever.

I glanced at the time and it's already 10:00pm. I looked down at my phone and I went cold.

Mr. Valerian: your things are here and unpacked.

Mr.Valerian: where are you

Mr.Valerian: this isn't funny azalea

Mr.Valerian: your going to regret not answering me

Mr.Valerian: when I find you-

Mr. Valerian: you know you have to find me to get to your room.

"Merde!" I jumped out my seat and ran out the theatre room into the hallway. I speed walked down the hall into the living room. I searched for him, but he's not here. I walked about the stair case skipping every other stair and walked into his room.  He isn't in there either.

I padded around the whole house basically giving myself a tour until I came across a glass wall. I squished my face against it and my jaw dropped. Holy macaroni and cheese the guy is built. I saw him running on the treadmill working up a sweat with his shirt off. He has muscles everywhere. I unconsciously rubbed my stomach wishing I had abs.
I cautiously walked around to the door and opened it.

He looked like he's in deep thought, restating straight ahead with his eyebrows furrowed. I coughed grabbing his attention and he stopped the treadmill. His eyes shifted to me then narrowed into slits. I nervously laughed scratching the back of my neck.

"Where were you." His annoyance was clear as day. I rocked on the ball of my feet. Silence filled the room as he kept glaring at me.

"The theatre, watching movies." I cringed. I felt like I'm getting in trouble by my father.

"So uh, where's my room."

"You think I'm going to tell you?" He looked at me like I'm dumb.

"Yes, I need to sleep somewhere." I tried to reason my feet still rocking. He stepped off the treadmill then stepped in front of me. he bent down to be eye level.I watched as sweat dripped off his forehead down his nose bridge. I looked into his stormy eyes then gulped.

"Find somewhere to sleep." His voice icy cold. He then straightened back up and took a towel from the shelf.

"Okay, I'll go just sleep in one of your many rooms that have beds." How stupid does he think I am?

"I thought you might do that, but all of them are locked." His expressionless face turned towards me and a smirk stretched on his face. I stood there dumbfounded at him acting childish.

"Come on, man! I'm sorry okay?" I tried to apologize. He made it difficult for no reason.

"If you we're sorry you wouldn't have done it in the first place." He walked pass me and down the hall. "Maybe tomorrow morning I might tell you where to find your things." He called from over his shoulder.

"Son of a pute, I can't stand you most of the time." I yelled back at him and storm off the other way. I opened a door that isn't locked and I'm met with a bathroom. I looked in the cabinet and see toothbrushes, soap, shampoo, and other toiletries that haven't been opened.

"I guess he keeps extras." I grumbled and grabbed the stuff and dumped them on the counter. I ran the bath and took a long shower scrubbing my hair in anger. I put back on the clothes I had on because I don't have any other clothes.

I sulked back out to the living room and up the stairs. I tie my wet hair in a bun with the scrunchie I thankfully had on my wrist. I glared at his door then tried to open it. Out of all the doors he locked he doesn't lock his own. I walked into his room and searched in his drawer for another shirt and shorts. I take off the pair I had on and slip on the new ones.

I went back down stairs and looked into one of many closets and found a fluffy grey blankets and pillows. I took one of each and pulled them off the shelves.

It was around eleven and I had work tomorrow. I tugged them over to the sofa and slumped myself into the comfy couch. I found the remote and turned on the smart TV. I went to Netflix and selected the office.

The office theme song played in my ears as I laid down on the sofa. I smiled and snuggled into the cozy blanket.

I dozed off on the sofa until soft foot steps rung through my ear. I was still half sleep so I didn't bother opening my eyes. Someone sighed and I heard a soft "I knew it."

I twisted around to face the cushion because the light of the tv was too bright. Big arms scooped me up, but I was too lazy to care. They took off the heavy blanket then proceeded to walk.

"I thought you were going to come into my room." They softly whispered heading towards their destination. My body was met with a soft mattress and I hummed in approval. I then drifted back off into a deep sleep.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.6M 48.7K 51
After five years and a thousand regrets, two old lovers meet again.. "What kind of stunt are you pulling out this time?" I see his eyes blaze in blue...
43.8K 1.4K 41
C O M P L E T E D "Date me," he spins the whiskey around in the glass and fixes me with a smirk. I roll my eyes the moment the words roll off his ton...
2.4K 159 18
I tried to ignore them as he whispered seriously, "Eyes on me baby." FUCK IT!!! THOSEEEEE BUTTEERRFFLLIIEESS!!!! 'I know he is flirting, he gotta be...
13.7K 694 21
"Where am I going to sleep?" She expresses her annoyance at his deliberate actions and the little, visible smirk that was playing on his face. "Of co...