not just a pretty face [sasus...

By saccharinskies

i fell in love with a person, not just their pretty face ˏˋ°•*⁀➷ "Tell me why you love me." "You're beautiful... More

one
zero
two
three
four
five
six
seven
eight
nine
ten
eleven
twelve
fourteen
fifteen
sixteen
seventeen
eighteen
nineteen
twenty
twenty one
twenty two
twenty three
twenty four
twenty five
twenty six
twenty seven
twenty eight
twenty nine
thirty
thirty one
thirty two
epilogue
a final note

thirteen

1.7K 77 102
By saccharinskies

S.U 

All eyes were on Sasuke Uchiha.

He let out an annoyed grunt before turning to look out of the car window, yet he could still feel all the eyes in him. It was irritating, but expected of all the passengers in the car. Itachi, Izumi and Mikoto, because they were concerned for him, Fugaku, in an evaluating way and the maid, because she thought she had the right to care about Sasuke. 

He nearly scoffed at that. He didn't even know her name. And he hated how everyone was acting so concerned about him. It's not like he would break down and start crying as soon as he saw her. He's not a baby. 

How would he react to her, he wondered before answering the question immediately. Cold and distant. Like a jerk. Sasuke reminded himself, for what seemed like the millionth time that day, that it was the best for both of them to be apart. Yet he couldn't deny that there was one small part of him that wanted to throw away all his responsibilities and be with Sakura. 

That was a dream that could never happen. 

"Who's excited for the wedding?" Izumi asked in an attempt to break the ice. She looked around at the rest of the passengers, "Anyone?"

"You know I am," Itachi squeezed her hand gently, tinting pink on her cheeks.

"Of course I am," smiled Mikoto warmly. "My first son is growing up. And he found a perfect woman."

"I agree, Mikoto," Fugaku said from the wheel. "Seeing Itachi start his own family will certainly bring joy to the Uchiha family, as well as more money and stabilization in the modeling industry. Izumi is well suited for the task of being a good wife, she's smart, determined, has a good job and excellent education."

Sasuke wasn't sure whether the education part was meant as a direct jibe to him, but he ignored it altogether. 

"Izumi reminds me of someone who's been in the news recently," Fugaku continued. He glanced at Sasuke through the rear-view mirror. "You know her."

For a moment, a single second of happiness, Sasuke thought that his father was talking about Sakura. 

"Who?" Mikoto asked. 

But then Fugaku continued, and Sasuke knew that he was foolish to believe that for even one second.

"Hinata Hyuga," Fugaku said. "She's attractive, smart, comes from a successful family and is quiet. People who don't know when to shut their mouth get on my nerves. And anyways Sasuke, she's single and you know her. Why not pursuit?"

Sasuke clenched his fist at the thought of being together with the love of his best friend's life, "Because she isn't single. Perhaps you didn't see the whole news, Father, because she is very happily together with Naruto Uzumaki. My best friend."

Without a hitch, Fugaku replied, "I would tell you to ignore all those dating rules and just lure her towards you. Nobody can resist the Sharingan, it has been described as the epitome as sexiness. And best friends can easily be replaced. But, unfortunately, Naruto is an Uzumaki and if Minato, Kushina and Jiraiya get involved as well as the whole Uzumaki and Namikaze clans, the Uchiha might fall. Anyways, Sasuke, scout out for women similar to Hinata."

Fury boiled is Sasuke's blood, making his eye twitch with annoyance. His dad didn't tell him to pursue a taken women, but for all the wrong reasons. Wealth and reputation instead of loyalty and righteousness. 

Disgust stirred in Sasuke until he couldn't even bear to look at his father. He couldn't help but get angry at the rest of his family, sitting there as if nothing as wrong with Fugaku. He wanted to yell and cuss at his father, but he didn't.

He was so tired of having to deal with his power-hungry Father, it weakened him. He was so tired of being constantly compared, of Sakura being compared without her knowing. So he merely closed his eyes, blocking out the sight of what he considered to be a monster with a body of a human. 

S.H

"Am I late?" Sakura asked Konan as she hastily grabbed the bridesmaid's bouquet of white roses.

She shrugged, "No, you're actually early. It's just that the rest of us were even earlier, though. I think Mr. Uchiha's arrival is sending everyone a little jittery."

"Yeah," Sakura agreed. "I don't see why we couldn't practice with just Mikoto, Itachi and Izumi like all the other rehearsals."

It wasn't just Fugaku's presence making Sakura a little nervous. It was Sasuke making her a lot nervous.

"I guess they want it to be like the actual wedding," Shizune piped up from next to her. "And Sasuke hasn't been in any of the rehearsals, which is kind of bad, considering he's the groom's brother."

Sakura considered this, "I suppose so."

A loud clap echoed throughout the room and Obito, who had been asked to help out as well as be a groomsmen, said loudly, "Everyone, your attention please!"

Everyone's heads turned to the husband of Rin Nohara. Obito cleared his throat, "Uncle Fugaku will be arriving in five minutes, so all of you need to be in your correct place, holding anything you need. And please keep the noise level to a minimum. If Uncle finds all of you less than perfect, I can guarantee that you will be in big trouble. I know first-hand." He chuckled nervously. "So let's go!"

Sakura, along with the rest of the bridesmaids and Izumi's father, made sure they had everything before heading to their appropriate spot, at the foyer outside the church. The five lined into a single file like they had practiced, Shinko at the front and Sakura at the back.

They all stood in absolute silence, abiding Obito's instructions. Sakura smoothed out her beige skirt, making sure that there were absolutely no wrinkles there. She took a look at her outfit, feeling her nerves rocket up.

She was wearing a white, tie-front blouse tucked into the skirt with puffed out sleeves that reached her elbows. On her feet were black boots that added to her height, complimenting the black ribbon snaked around her low ponytail. She wore minimal make-up and had barely any jewelry on.

Today, Ino had dressed her up differently because even the blonde knew how quickly people from posh families could judge. Besides, Sakura didn't want attention or to think that she was dressing up for Sasuke. So she stuck with bland colours and minimalist designs. You look fine, you'll be just fine, Sakura recited to herself.

If she did everything according to plan, Fugaku would probably just give her a glance and that's it. Sasuke wouldn't do anything to humiliate her or start up an argument with her, that would cause his beloved brother too much trouble.

Everything would be fine, she kept telling herself. Yet the bundle of nerves in her stomach seemed to persist for some unknown reason. She didn't want to be nervous, but her brain didn't listen to her.

In an attempt to distract herself, Sakura peeked out from behind the four heads of the bridesmaids and into the small crack that showed the inner church. The dark oak of the walls matched the pews lined up in rows. They lead up to the main stage with a white clothed altar, where the walls curved in.

On the walls were tales of stories, framed in a few shapes and colours of stained glass. Intricate details of crosses and other patterns adorned the walls. On the right hand side of the altar stood the groomsmen, Shisui closest to the altar.

A hired priest was standing in the center of the altar, also looking a little nervous. Sitting on the front pews were a couple of wedding planners, Izumi's mother and Uchiha elders. Everyone was dead silent, not a single sound was being made.

The silence was interrupted, of course, by the child ring bearer and the flower girl standing only a few meters away from Sakura.

"Why is it so quiet?" the boy complained loudly, rolling his black eyes that matched his hair. He seemed utterly bored.

The girl, who looked similar to him, tugged on his sleeve and said quietly, "Because they're waiting for Mr. Uchiha. You know, the scary old man."

To Sakura, they both seemed like they didn't want to be here. They didn't even seem to have any connection to Izumi or Itachi, leading Sakura to believe that they were random twins from the Uchiha clan.

She, feeling sorry for the two, walked over and placed a hand on the girl's shoulder and said reassuringly, "Mr. Uchiha isn't that scary, you two. Relax and just have fun, the rehearsal only goes for an hour, and then you can g-"

clank

The doors clanged opened, and majority of the people waiting inside straightened up. The Uchiha twins instantly went behind Sakura, the boy's previous fun demeanor vanished.

Bathed in the bright light stood the main Uchiha family (and a maid). Fugaku at the front, hands on his hips. Mikoto by his side, along with Itachi and Izumi who were holding hands. And, this person made Sakura's heart race, Sasuke standing at the rear, looking as if he didn't want to be here and ignoring the squealing maid.

They were all dressed impeccably, even the maid. Mikoto's lip-gloss seemed to be more expensive than Sakura's entire outfit. It wasn't even the wedding, yet they were all decked out in dresses and suits.

Izumi was wearing a white, sleeveless dress that reached just above her knees, a black belt of satin looped across her waist. Her hair was down, the right side held back by a bobby pin. Mikoto was also in a dress, this one black with a fitted bodice and sleeves that reached her elbow. A silver zip stretched from her collar to her belly button. 

Itachi, like his mother, was in all black, a black shirt and black jeans. Sasuke was wearing the exact same thing, except his jeans were ripped and the Uchiha symbol was emblazoned on the back of the shirt. Fugaku was dressed in a neat blue suit and a scowl, looking grumpy.

"You," Fugaku spoke, looking directly at Sakura. It was only a normal volume, but it somehow carried across the entire church. "Stop interacting with the children and get back into your spot."

Feeling inferior, Sakura could only squeeze the girl's shoulders and slip away, back into the line of bridesmaids. Even though her eyes were glued to the floor, she could feel everyone's eyes on her, Fugaku's and Sasuke's unsettling her the most. 

"Let's move on," Izumi said hastily, saving Sakura from the stares. "Should we go straight into the rehearsal?"

"Only if Sasuke knows what he's doing," Itachi answered her before turning to his younger brother. "Sasuke?"

"Yes," he replied in a bored tone. "If I forget, I'll just follow Deidara or something."

Itachi nodded. "Good."

"Now," Fugaku barked. "Let's get going."

The family of four and the maid proceeded into the main church, Mikoto and Fugaku taking a seat at the front row along with the maid, Itachi heading up to the altar and Sasuke uncomfortably waiting in between Deidara and Shisui. 

Izumi held back, joining the line of bridesmaids with the two Uchiha twins. No time was waisted and music suddenly began pouring out from the organs. Just like they had practiced, the bridesmaids began walking to the altar with a fifteen second interval, clutching the flower bouquets.

As Sakura stepped out, all eyes were on her. Fugaku seemed to be looking at her in an evaluating way, and she wasn't sure why. It cost her her focus, and she tripped over the stairs leading up to the altar, dropping the bouquet and looking like a complete mess. 

The music stopped, the bridesmaids and Izumi walking down the aisle stopped and there was a collective gasp. Some concerned, some in a offended way, some shocked. A few strands of her pink hair fell out, shielding her from the glares being sent her way from the Uchiha elders. 

She flushed in embarrassment, scrambling to hold the bouquet again and stand up. She wanted everyone to continue on, as if nothing happened. But of course, something did happen, and it seemed like nobody wanted to let her off easily. 

"Sakura Haruno!" Fugaku's voice boomed out, sending her into a grimace as her cheeks only turned redder. It seemed like she messed up so much that now even the head of Uchiha knew her name. "A lady has grace. A lady is elegant. A lady does not trip. Explain yourself."

"I-I'm so sorry, M-Mr. Uchiha," Sakura mumbled quietly, looking down again. "I was just nervous-"

"Nervous?" Fugaku said it as if it was a word not in his vocabulary. Sakura would probably agree on that. "I can't have some fumbling, nervous girl at my first son's wedding. That is a disgrace to my reputation. I should rid you from this site and the wedding immediately."

"Fugaku!" somebody cried out. Izumi rushed from the aisle to Sakura's side, like an avenging angel. "I want Sakura at my wedding. It isn't only Itachi's wedding, it's mine too! And just because it's your first son's wedding, doesn't mean you control every single little aspect of it! You aren't the one getting married. It was only a slip-up on Sakura's fault, I know her better than you and she won't make the same mistake twice!"

Izumi and Fugaku locked eyes, silently daring the other to back down. Sakura felt a rush of gratitude for Izumi. It took a great deal of courage to stand up not only the to head of such a powerful family, but your future father-in-law. This move could cost Izumi her marriage. It was a clash of two passionate personalities, Sakura wondered who would win. 

Itachi took a step forward, lifting his chin up, "I agree with Izumi. Father, Sakura won't make trip on the wedding. And if she does, big deal. No wedding is perfect."

Obito stepped forward too, getting the gist. "I stand with Sakura."

There was silence, and Fugaku scanned the room, looking to see who was the next person to defy him. A look of shock cross his face when he realized who it was, and same with Sakura.

Sasuke's eyes bored into Fugaku's, "For Itachi and Izumi."

Sakura didn't realize her heart was racing until Sasuke finished her sentence, glancing at her. She couldn't described how shocked and thankful she was to Izumi, Itachi, Obito and Sasuke. This was the second time in a row Sasuke had done something nice for her, even trusting her. Maybe, maybe he wasn't- No. A voice echoed in Sakura's head. Sasuke couldn't possibly have changed from being a lying scoundrel. This was only part of his plot to get into her pants.

She looked away from the ravenette, and instead at his father.

Mikoto glanced up at her husband, "Maybe-"

"Fine!" Fugaku's voice thundered through the whole church. He sat down with a tired huff. "Izumi, I like your loyalty and your strong personality. As long as I'm not at the receiving end of it again. Continue on."

Sakura couldn't believe her ears. One, she was allowed to the wedding after all. Two, Fugaku actually complimented Izumi in a jokingly way. It seemed like Sakura was the only person Fugaku didn't like.

The music was on again, and Sakura walked without a problem to her place near the altar besides Konan, letting out a relieved sigh. The rehearsal continued on without problem, although Sakura could feel the tension rising up between her and Sasuke again.

Why, she thought to herself. Is it always like this? Sakura distracted herself with the rehearsal, looking anywhere but Sasuke, who did the same. Avoiding each other's gaze was beginning to turn into their career when the rehearsal finished. 

"Good job, everyone!" Izumi said happily, and all of the bridesmaids and groomsmen surrounded the couple. "I look forward to seeing you at the wedding, which is in a week, so don't forget!"

"I don't think anybody would forget it in a rush," Obito grinned. "It's gonna be the party of the century."

"Overstatement," Itachi said plainly. 

"Regardless, it's gonna be massive," Shisui looked at his best friend pointedly, earning nods of agreement from all around. "The papzz are gonna be wild, though."

As majority of the bridesmaids and groomsmen chatted amongst themselves in a bunch with the engaged couple, Sakura lingered back, not planning to stay as long as Izumi and Itachi. She hastily placed the bouquet back to its required place and picked up her handbag as she left, merely waving to Izumi and the rest. 

Sasuke disappeared when the rehearsal ended, not that Sakura cared. They had been avoiding each other's gaze, as if the other was a hideous being. The pinkette pushed opened the large church doors, the sight of a bustling New York greeting her. As well as a certain someone. 

Sakura found where Sasuke went to. 

He was leaning against a tree, hands stuffed in his pockets and looking, as he had been all morning, bored. Sakura paused on the stairs for a second, her eyes widening. Sasuke's eyes flitted to her when he realized that there was a person there, but as soon as their eyes met and he recognized Sakura, they both glanced to the floor. 

Sakura started walking quickly to the iron gates, not wanting to share anymore awkwardness with Sasuke. In her haste to leave the back of their hands brushed against each other just as she left. 

In spite of herself, heat arose in her cheeks, along with confusion to her mind. Shaking her feelings away, she pulled out her phone and sent a text to Ino for them to meet up in ten. 

She had a lot to tell Ino. 

-----------------------

i'm so sorry this took so long, but i hope the word count made up for it 

REMEMBER...VOTE...COMMENT...SHARE!!!

word count: 3008

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

876K 40.7K 61
Taehyung is appointed as a personal slave of Jungkook the true blood alpha prince of blue moon kingdom. Taehyung is an omega and the former prince...
68.3K 1.7K 15
"your smile has become my source of strength. your encouragements have boosted me to push my limits. you support me. you smile for me. you are every...
1.1M 49.3K 95
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
201K 4K 35
Sasuke has come back seeing Sakura has changed in figure and maturity. But not only that, he has taken a liking to her icy cold attitude. Once he fin...