Propose to me 💍 (Editing)

By Lynn_dire

A story of a secretary named "Trexie " pronounced (TrexC). What happens when her relationship has lasted for... More

CAST
BEGINNING-PROPOSE TO ME
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5.
Chapter 6.
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 22
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Authors Note

Chapter 17

137 32 11
By Lynn_dire

I sighed after recalling the memories.

My nose flared, I sniffled and wiped my palms on my cheeks, only to mess up my face with tears I didn't know were streaming down. It was so hot on my cheeks like they'd been held in an intensifying heat.

I quickly removed my sunglasses and dabbed my under eyes, but I was still tearing up. Like a heartbroken fragile woman, I began to shake under the pressure of trying to comport myself, since I was in public and wouldn't want anybody coming to ask what was amiss.

Succeeding in comporting my grown self, I knew that I only had a few minutes to break down again.

So I quickly fished out some cash from my purse, not forgetting a tip. And put it under the unfinished the parfait, I suddenly became enemies with my foodie nature. I stood up and grabbed my phone to call an Uber on my way out.

"Trex?"I heard a voice call and I looked up to acknowledge my audience.

He turns back and dismissed his two friends or brothers, they all looked alike.

"Trexie, good to see you here" he approaches.

I nodded and said nothing.

He fixes his hand in his pocket and sighed.

"Look I'm very sorry Trex, I didn't know how best to have stopped you. I needed you to forgive me and I'm so sorry about your boyfriend"

I looked away, holding my tears at bay, thanks for the shade I had on. He would have seen my bloodshot eyes and questioned me.

"It's okay Nico. It isn't your fault if I wasn't too knuckle-headed and forgave you right in the office. We wouldn't have started a drama for him to see"

He nods and looked behind me.

"You're leaving?" he asked.

I looked behind me, at the table, I just left and turned back to him.

"Yeah "

"Are you okay Trex?"

I looked down, although he couldn't see my eyes. I felt my eyes prickle, sooner I will tear up and that's what I should stave off.

I giggled and asked, "Because I'm hanging out alone?"

"Umm...no, you're looking pale"

I sniffled and said nothing.

"Come on, I'd like to buy you a drink. You can share whatever it is with me" He grabbed my hand and dragged me inside before I could object.

"Nico...hold on"

"Nope, let's brighten that face of yours."

I guess I'll just pass.

We got in and settled at the Vip lounge. I didn't order anything, I'm still not on good terms with my appetite.

"Even as little as chips?"

"Nope"

"Nothing at all?" he asked.

"Yeah"

"How can I be taking something when you're not?"

"I guess I should leave then, so you can ea..."

"I am fine too"

I giggled "Well..."

"So let's talk then"

"About what?"I asked.

"Why my secretary is cold?"

"I am not cold Nico. I...just...I don't know. I am just...well...fine" I suck at this.

Terrible me.

"Mm," he nods. Scrutinizing me with his eyes.

"What?"I furrowed my brows

"Your sunshade? Can't you take it off?"

I ran my hands on it and scoffed. "I just feel like being cool."

"Trex, when your boyfriend left after seeing us. I believe you two must have talked. Are you two not at peace yet?"

"After the Drama? Yes, we are at peace" I lied.

"Drama? Is that what you call it?" he folds his arms.

"Are you reminding me to be angry?" I asked getting pissed almost.

He adjusts himself closer to me. I backed off a little.

"Trex...I like you"

If it wasn't for my glasses, my eyes would have shot him dead. He shouldn't start with me right now.

"I like you very much Trex, and...that wasn't a drama. That was me trying to show my affection to you. You were mad at me, and I felt like the friendship I'd already created with you was about to crumble, and I instantly became scared of losing you."

I kept mute.

"Truth is that I find myself falling for you every day, and honestly it's been years. I tried pushing those feelings off, especially when I found out about your relationship. So I became hard on you, but it didn't seem to help. Then I decided I'd let you know how I feel if I... "

I removed my glasses to stop him at once. Right now, I didn't need anybody professing their love for me. I didn't need any of that, especially right now.

"Oh my God!" he gasped at my sight.

"We broke up," I said looking him straight in the eyes.

He said nothing and looked pitifully at me. I didn't need that too.

"Stop giving me that look, I only needed you to stop talking" I put on my sunshade.

I watched him get uncomfortable, he flagged down a waiter and ordered a drink.

"Changed your mind so soon?" I found myself laughing.

He shook his head, still not saying anything.

"Just so you know, the drink coming is mine. I think I want one too, so you can ask for another"I smiled, cheering up a bit.

He smiled and said "That's fine"

30minutes later

We drank and dined, and I felt happy that this day didn't go as bad as I thought it would. Maybe I needed to be around people and not alone, else I would brood and reminisce my pain.

"You know you can take a break, don't come to work until you feel it fit to" he offers.

"I am so taking this opportunity, I want to visit my parents"

"I meant a break not you running away"

"I am not running away" I chuckled.

"Going to your parent's house is running away"

"Please" I pouted.

"Um..."

I gave him the puppy look, though my glasses made me look like the "I don't give a f**k about what you say" puppy.

"Ah, alright. You can go but hope you return."

"Thank you" I smiled.

Several shots down. Not my thing, but I need to go home now before I embarrass myself.

Drunk me mess up a lot

***
Bryan's Pov.

(Parked opposite Trexie's apartment)

Hitting on my steering anxiously. I stopped and sighed. Practicing the same thing I've been doing for the past 30mins.

"Hey babe, I'm sorry...why?" I shook my head and started again.

"No, my love, we shouldn't break up, even if..."I shook my head again and sighed.

Continuing.

"Trex" I rested my head on the steering

"Baby, is there something I need to know?"

"I am sorry...I'm deeply sorry. Please just talk to me. I am scared of losing you...I am really scared"

"Good!" I fist-bumped the air and grabbed my phone, pushing my door open just then, a car drove into the loft. I closed my door immediately and gazed at the car as It pulled to a stop.

Trexie's Pov

I drunkenly stepped down from the car and bent over the car window.

"Who - wants to sit on an - itchy chair with a big sized - desk and - a woman on - nerdy glasses - with crossed legs, holding a pen - and a book, recording - down all - I have done in my life - and what - I'm about -to do. Asking me questions - I haven't - even asked myself, all - in the name - of a - therapy !!!" I said in a drunk tone.

Nico laughed. "You amaze me!"

I shrugged and my legs shook.

"Maybe it's the one who wants to run away from everything and everyone around her because she called it quit with the boyfriend"

"Hey Boss, tell your - relationship therapist friend that - the Lord is-her strength" I stood straight, managing to though.

He smiles "You sure you don't want me to help you inside?"

"Are you - asking or telling - me?" I giggled.

"I am asking"

"No! You're trouble. Bye!" I turned to leave.

He laughs "Take care Trex"

I turned back to him and waved as he drove out and just then I sighted a familiar car. I turned in Its direction and realized it was Bryan's car. I wanted to cross but he ignited his car and drove out in a rush.

I glared at the direction he took off from until it disappeared from my sight.

Don't forget to vote ⭐️and comment📩

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

896K 34.8K 52
2nd place in Wicked Awards 3rd place in The Waterfall Awards "You're real funny Kevin Reynolds, the marriage is just a contract so no I'm not going t...
40.2K 1.1K 15
Sneak peek... "How much do you need?" I asked. "Five hundred," she said, averting her eyes away. "That's it? Five hundred dollars?" I asked. "Five hu...
42.8K 7.3K 41
|| Bukola Solade has two major secrets and they are not what land her in trouble! It's a third one that only she knows about. She had two secrets. He...
19M 646K 70
Love is Sacrifice. ❝ I don't love you and I never will, because I love someone else ❞ Ian said to Alison, his brows touched together as he looked at...