I Want Winter

By Song_smile

A girl, who hates winter because of the cold, had to run through ice as it cracked and she fell in the ice... More

Author's Note
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Author's note

Chapter 39

2.9K 87 0
By Song_smile

The sky was completely dark with only the moonlight beaming down. There Lin and I were behind Mei Mei and guard GangHan while we were at the other hidden entrance from the palace.
Lin started to sniff with Mei Mei, "Goodbye, be strong. Have a great journey." Lin said and hugged Mei Mei tightly. "I will and take care of our lady." Mei Mei said to Lin, who nods as they let go of each other.
I smiled and said, " Goodbye. Both of us will take care of each other."

"Goodbye, my lady and thank you for saving my life and this too. Thank you for everything." Mei Mei said and hugged me while she cried again. I hugged her back as I held my tear and pulled a smile again.
"You guys better be off before it gets too late," I said.
Guard GangHan nods his head and places his arm around Mei Mei, and they start to walk to the exit.
"Farewell..." I said one last time as they soon disappeared from the gateway.
Lin was still sniffling and I asked, "Lin? Do you also want to leave?"
"NO, my lady. I want to stay with you," she said.
"Are you sure? I'll be fine." I reply.
"No," She said, continually shaking her head.
"Alright then... Come let's head back," I said and we walk back to my court.
Days pass as it was the end of the week and it's been quite odd without the trace of Mei Mei, but Lin and I power through it. Spring was slowly tick-tocking away and turning into the hot blazing summer. However, today it was raining and pouring down against the tiny gazebo that I was underneath. There I grab the hand of the teapot and pour myself some tea. Once my cup was full, I set it down and put my elbow up against the table. I then leaned against my arm and took the cup in my right hand, and brought it up to my lips. I just watched the rainfall until I saw a male figure in the rain and then slowly heading to the gazebo. He stepped underneath the gazebo and began to pat himself dry.
"What brings you here?" I said in a flat tone, staring at him and still drinking my tea.
"I came to see how your personal guard has been doing." he said and examined around."By the way, where is your personal guard?" He said as I gulped my saliva down.
I force a smile, " Why does that matter? He is my guard now." I point out the facts.
"You are right however I can take him back whenever I want," he threatens.
Which startled me, "I sent him to do an errand for me which is going to take him a long time." I started to break a sweat.
"Is that so... I would like to know what's that errand?" He asked.
"Sorry, your highness but that's my business," I said firmly.
"Is that so.... aren't you... my concubine?" he said, looking at me.
"Why, yes but we all do need our own privacy. Don't you think?" I question him." For instance, you don't tell me your political things or things that only you and the emperor know or you and your other concubine do." I gave out reasons to back me up.
"You do say correctly however I am the male which means that you have to listen to me," he said.
"Where does it say that or.. in your own self-ignorance," I said, lifting my chin up.
"You are truly not afraid of me," he said deadly.
"And why might I be afraid of you," I said.
"I can..-" he tried to say, but I interrupted him.
"Haven't we been through this already," I said lazily and placed my chin on my left palm.
He smirks, "I guess you are right."
"If you are going to continue getting in my business then I'll be leaving," I said and stood up.
"What are you afraid to tell me the honest truth that your personal maid and your personal guard had left the palace together as you gave them your blessing." His words were like arrows.
I bit my lip and sat down, and then picked up my cup of tea. "So how did you know the truth and how long did you know?" I ask.
He smirks, "Like you say I have my own privacy."

I bite my tongue.
My own words have come back to bite me in the butt.
"I guess you're right," I said, still holding my tongue.
He swayed his hand toward an empty cup to tell me to pour him a cup of tea. I held my temper and picked up the teapot and poured me more tea, then I handed the teapot beside him. "You are the one who came here without being invited so shouldn't you pour it yourself." I interrogate him.
He smiles coldly and grabs the teapot as our hands brush against each other, and his hands are deadly cold like his smile.
There we sat in silence as the rain continued to pour until it slowly died. The gazebo's rooftop had big water droplets dripping down. My seat was close to the edge of the gazebo and I reached my hand out and waited for the water droplets to land in my hand. Finally, a water droplet landed in my hand as it was cold and splashed out, and the remaining water slowly rolled down my hand. While I was doing that, I totally forgot the 4th Prince's presence and was looking up at the raining sky. There I see the sunlight piercing through the dark and light gray background as if the sun was trying to fight against the dark clouds. Then a voice cleared its throat and drew my attention to him.
"Do you like the rain," he tried to small talk.
"Yes and no," I reply.
"Why's that?" He asked.
"It's simple. It's beautiful and peaceful, but doesn't it look sad?...," she said

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

14.7K 1.1K 89
Falling in love is a helpless, involuntary action. Tea Novell did not ask to fall in love with the playboy Landon, nor did she ask to be visited by a...
71.8K 3.4K 39
He had long accepted his fate. He knows that he's living on borrowed time. Regrets. Thank yous. Apologizes. Too many to say, too little time. Then th...
36 4 21
Love can be sometimes playful as it try to test us in our patient, strength and trust. But what if she fall in love into a person that she wasn't sup...
313 24 9
Everyone has a passion, no matter how insignificant or magnificent. For our protagonist it's reading novels, watching donghua and illustrating whatev...