I Want Winter

By Song_smile

A girl, who hates winter because of the cold, had to run through ice as it cracked and she fell in the ice... More

Author's Note
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44
Chapter 45
Chapter 46
Chapter 47
Chapter 48
Chapter 49
Chapter 50
Chapter 51
Chapter 52
Chapter 53
Chapter 54
Chapter 55
Chapter 56
Chapter 57
Chapter 58
Chapter 59
Chapter 60
Chapter 61
Chapter 62
Chapter 63
Chapter 64
Chapter 65
Chapter 66
Chapter 67
Chapter 68
Chapter 69
Chapter 70
Chapter 71
Chapter 72
Chapter 73
Chapter 74
Chapter 75
Chapter 76
Chapter 77
Chapter 78
Chapter 79
Chapter 80
Author's note

Chapter 23

3.6K 91 1
By Song_smile

Once I step out of the room, I didn't see my fish on the cutting board by the gazebo or anything else.
Maybe, Lin took it to the kitchen
As I reach the kitchen to find Lin had finished off the fish and Mei Mei finished washing and cutting the vegetables.

"Lin, what happen to you?" I ask.

"Please forgive me, my lady, but the 4th prince told me to leave," she said pleading for forgiveness.

"Never mind. Forget, it okay." I tried to pass by it while I became anxious. "stupid guy, think I'm jealous of him!" I said underneath my breath but quickly shrugged it off. There I looked around to find a metal wok and set it on the fire. Soon I pour oil into the wok and then I drop the fish pieces in as it sizzle and oil were jumping out. I rolled my sleeves and flip the fish to the other side. Once I flip it over, oil burst out.

"Be careful, my lady!" Lin said worriedly.

I then use smash the fish into even smaller pieces; I stirred it around and soon pour all the vegetables into the wok. Once the fish was golden brown and vegetable were well cooked enough, I remove the wok out of the fire and pour it into a plate. I set the plate down and scoop a bowl of rice. Lin and Mei Mei help me bring it to my room as we reach to my room, there I see a tiny bottle of medicine on the table. I set the food down and pick it up to stare at it, then I set it aside as I sat down to eat.

I took a spoonful of fish and rice and shove it into my mouth as a familiar taste reappeared. The next thing I noticed was cold wet tears falling down my cheeks and wipe my cheeks to find I was crying. Then an image of a tiny Asian woman with her smiling eyes and big sweet smile looking at me.
Mom *sniff* I miss you guys so much.
As every bite, I took made me remember my home. . . my family. . . and everyone I knew...

"My lady, what's wrong? Why are you crying?" both Lin and Mei Mei said worriedly.

"Oh, it's nothing," I said and tried to wipe all my tears away.

"Umm, I'm done so please take these back and you guys can leave for the day" I reply as they looked at me full of concern, but listened and left.

Once they close the doors behind them, I walk to the window and unhook it. I open the window and a breeze came in while I let the lantern up in the air.
If I continue to wish harder, it might come true.
I stare intensely at the lantern.
Please come true.
As tears roll down my cheeks and I was clenching onto my clothes.

~Hour pass by~
As the sunset.
Come on, Jasmine. Stop crying, it not going to be that long until winter comes.
I force myself to stop crying and push aside the sad feeling. I look around the room to still see the tiny bottle on the table and I got up to grab the bottle. I pop it open and unwrap my finger, then I put the medicine on my pointer finger as I was lightly dabbing on my finger to be stinging in pain. Then I tried to re-wrap my pointer finger, but it didn't exactly work out.
Ugh, I give up. He made it look so easy. . .
I drop cloth and headed to bed.

The next morning, I woke up and cover my mouth with my hands as I was yawning. I walk towards the door and open the door to find two guards blocking me.

"Excuse me?" I said.

"Sorry, Concubine Liling, but the 4th Prince made an order not to allow you out of this room." replied one of the guards.

"Excuse me?" I said, starting to get frustrated.

"Sorry, Concubine Liling, but please head back inside your room." the guard informs me as I gave them the glare and slightly slam the doors.
Who does this guy think he is!
I exposed and huff and puff angrily. The door open and Lin and Mei Mei enter the room along with a tray of food, they both set the food down on the table.

"My lady, I know you are upset, but please calm down and eat breakfast." Lin was trying to rest assure me as I grudgingly shove food in my mouth.
While I was eating, Mei Mei was setting out clothes for me. After I finished, Lin clears out the table and Mei Mei was dressing me. There I was standing and constantly murmuring "Stupid guy, just wait. Just wait."

After Mei Mei had finished dressing me, Lin came back. I quickly thought for a minute as an idea came to mind and a smile appears on my face. I turn my head towards the door to still see the shadow of the guards and I started walking slowly towards the window. I unhook the window and quietly pulled open the window.

"Lady Liling, what are you doing?" said Lin as I "shh" her with my pointer finger against my lips.

Once I open the window, there were no guards in sight.
Ha ha, yes no guards.
I smirk and lift my one of leg over the window's ledge and then another one, but once I was out the room.
*Crack* as I step on a twig and from the silent morning, just one tiny movement and sound alert every guard as they rush over to me with their guard up and swords pointing at me.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Tears Of Kai Yuan By Avigayil

Historical Fiction

75.6K 3.1K 35
Location: Ancient China Date: T'ang Dynasty During the most flourishing era in Ancient China, all seemed to be well for the people. The kingdom was g...
1.2K 53 3
Surviving high school isn't easy for Four. For one, his popular and outgoing self wants to break down the well-built walls of the new kid, who seems...
329K 14.9K 66
"And... the fifth rule," he came forward, locking me between him and the slab again. "This should be the last time you talked to me like that," he lo...
75 12 26
**Experimenting with title and Tone of book *** In the year 2054, humanity faced a cataclysmic collapse as a deadly virus swept through the populatio...