KINGDOM FALL | ROBB STARK [1]

By arios2004

"A Lannister and a Stark. They have no idea how dangerous that is." LION AMONG WOLVES SPIN OFF SEASON THREE O... More

KINGDOM FALL
ACT ONE
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
ACT TWO
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
ACT THREE
36
37
38
39
40
41
42
43
44
45
46
47
ACT FOUR
48
49
50
51
52
53
54
55
56
57
58
59
60
61
62
63
64
65
66
67
ACT FIVE
68
69
70
71
72
73
74
75
76
77
79
80
81
82
83
84
85
86
87
88
89
90
91
92
93
94
95
96
97
SEQUEL

78

3.4K 114 19
By arios2004

KINGDOM FALL
— 78. Kill the Boy

In Castle Black's library, Robb sat at the desk, eying the scroll he grasped in his hand. Maester Aemon had given it to him just moments before, claiming that a raven had sent it for him. The Targaryen man had been told by Sam that Robb's name had been written on the front of it, which told them it was for the Stark king without having to open it.

"Anything in that scroll that may help you in your quest to find Annalys?" Maester Aemon suddenly asked Robb, whose eyes widened in shock.

"How did you--" Robb began to ask, only to be cut off.

"Words spreads quickly throughout Castle Black when it is learned that the Queen of the Westerlands has traveled North of the Wall, alone with a wilding prisoner," Maester Aemon informed Robb in a calm tone, "Some believe that they're lovers and Annalys plans to live North of the Wall with him for the rest of her days," He paused, earning a loud scoff from Robb, "But we both know that isn't true."

"It isn't," Robb admitted, finding himself confiding in Maester Aemon, despite not knowing him all that well, "The things she does...it truly scares me sometimes. She just doesn't care about how reckless she's always being. She doesn't care what people think of her. She does what she wants and doesn't care if it's frowned upon. When she believes it's right thing to do, she does it."

"And you love her for it," Maester Aemon pointed out, much to Robb's dismay.

"I do," Robb admitted truthfully, "I love how carefree she is. I love that she refuses to let being a bastard or even a Lannister define her. She does what she wants and in the end, it almost always save everyone's ass. She does what is right, no matter the costs. And despite everything she's done to me, I will always love her. I don't care if that makes me a fool, either. In a way, though..." He trailed off, letting out a sigh in defeat, "It feels like it might kill me."

Maester Aemon chuckled, smiling at the thought, "I was in love once," He informed Robb, whose eyes widened at the thought, "Before becoming a maester, I met many girls as Aemon Targaryen. A future king always does. Some of them were quite forward in their attempts to win my affections. One of them succeeded. I was very younger."

"Who was she?" Robb questioned Aemon, a curious look on his face.

"I could tell you everything about her. Who she was. How we met. The color of her eyes and the shape of her nose. I can see her right in front of me. She's more real than you are," Aemon confessed, a smile forming on her lips, "She was different than any woman I had ever met. She was defiant, difficult, and always spoke her mind, not caring who might hear it. I loved her more than anything and she loved me, too. Though, she had a better time hiding it than I did. She was beautiful, many men wanted her hand in marriage. She only had eyes for me, though."

"What happened to her?" Robb asked and immediately noticed the way Aemon tensed up.

"What did the scroll say, Stark?" He suddenly asked, purposely changing the subject, much to Robb's concern.

"She's at Hardhome," Robb informed him in a calm tone, "The message was sent from a person who claimed to be Annalys' Loyal Watchman. I don't know what it is, but I believe I can trust them."

"You can," Aemon confirmed, causing Robb to frown in confusion.

"How do you know?" Robb asked, a puzzled look on his face.

"Because most of what Annalys has figured out over the years since the night her handmaiden Talisa died has been learnt from the Loyal Watchmen," He explained and just as Robb was about to ask him how he knew that, he was cut off, "She spoke to Samwell Tarly about it a week ago in this here library. They didn't know that I was close enough to hear the entire conversation."

"I want to go beyond the Wall," Robb admitted to Maester Aemon without hesitation, "Not just because I want to save her, but because I want to help her in her plan to save the Wildlings."

"Why's that?" Aemon questioned Robb, not believing it to be the truth, "Is that what you truly what to do or is it because she has that type of hold on you?"

"What are you talking about?" Robb questioned, furrowing his eyebrows in confusion.

"Everyone knows that Lannisters have claws, but some have sharper ones than others," Aemon pointed out to Robb, who continued to frown, even after realizing Maester Aemon meant Annalys.

"I don't understand," Robb complained and shook his head.

"Do you think Annalys has sunken her claws into you, Robb Stark?" He questioned Robb without hesitation, "I've heard the people talk about you both for years. The stories of you both have traveled far distances. It is said that Annalys has a hold on you, even after all these years. Do you believe that she controls you?"

"I am my own person." Robb argued in a stern tone, "I want to go beyond the Wall because I want to go beyond the Wall. Not just to save her, but because I believe she may have a point," He confessed truthfully, believe it or not, "She's right, even if no one else wants to believe it. Why allow the Wildings to die beyond the Wall in order to become apart of the Army of the Dead when we could have them join the army of the living instead? I don't like Wildlings and I never will. Not like Annalys does, at least. Though, I do believe in working with the enemy to defeat an even bigger enemy. There's strength in numbers. With the Wildings, we have a better chance of defeating the White Walkers."

Robb turned toward Maester Aemon, who slowly began to smile at his explanation, "What?" He asked, not understanding why he was smiling.

"Perhaps from now on, you tell people why you want to do things instead of just saying it's because of Annalys," Maester Aemon pointed out to Robb, who shifted uncomfortably in his seat, "When you claim to simply agree with Annalys, people begin to believe she controls you, just as I had until you confessed your entire reasoning of why you want to go beyond the Wall," He explained and Robb still felt confused about why Maester Aemon was telling him all of that.

Instead of continuing on with giving Robb a lesson, Maester Aemon rose from his seat, walking toward the door. He stopped for a moment, turning toward Robb one last time. "Kill the boy whose only joy in life comes with pleasing a woman who will never be satisfied with the normal life you wish for you both to have, Robb Stark. Kill the boy, and let the man be born." He explained in a calm tone and Robb listened to him closely.

    "You may love her and you're allowed to, but do not let her control you as you know she always has. Her entire life, she's yearned to be free and the only thing that has ever truly brought her genuine happiness and the feeling of belonging in life is the thrill that comes with fighting in wars. Nothing will change that, not even you. You can try to change her, but you never will. No one can. You've allowed her to bend you to her will for far too long and that has always been your greatest mistake. Challenge her, deny her, refuse her. Do so and you'll have a chance of keeping her, for good. It'll show her that she's not the only one making decisions. She's drawn to things she can't have and enjoys performing the impossible. She likes to be challenged most of all. Prove you can do that and she'll forever be yours."

"Just kill the boy, Robb Stark. Kill the boy and let the man be born," Maester Aemon finished, just before leaving Robb in the library alone, allowing him to think hard on what he had said.

_____

Beyond the Wall, Annalys was led into Freyja's large tent. Soon after doing so, Freyja walked over to a pile of clothes covered in snow on the ground, much to Annalys' confusion. She wasted no time picking up some clothes before walking back over to Annalys.

"This will do for now," She told Annalys, who gave her a thankful look after being handed the new set of clothes.

Due to being so freezing in her drenched and frozen solid clothing, Annalys stripped completely out of her clothes, not caring about Freyja still standing in front of her.

Freyja quickly turned away, allowing Annalys to dress without any one staring at her. For a split second, Freyja cautiously glanced back at Annalys, noticing how the woman's belly was shaped as if she were pregnant. It wasn't too visible, but Freyja knew it all too well.

Annalys instantly noticed her staring and when she looked over at her, Freyja immediately looked away again. When Annalys was finally dressed in Free Folk attire, Freyja turned to face her once more, "When will the ships arrive?" She questioned Annalys in a calm tone.

"In about a month," Annalys replied, much to Freyja's confusion.

"About?" Freyja asked Annalys, a puzzled look on her face.

"It depends on what the Iron Fleet faces on the way here. Storms might hit them or another fleet of ships, but they will come." Annalys explained, yet Freyja still seemed to be confused.

"How do you know?"

"Because Euron Greyjoy is commanding those ships," Annalys informed Freyja, causing the woman to give her a puzzled look since she didn't know how that was, "He is the man who intends to be my husband."

"You say it as though having him as your husband isn't what you want," Freyja pointed out to Annalys, an amused smile on her lips.

"It isn't," She confessed and Freyja's smile immediately faded after hearing her words.

"Why are you marrying him, then?" She asked and Annalys gave her a weird look, not understanding why Freyja was so interested in her life. "What? I'm just curious as to how the Queen is being forced to marry a man she doesn't want."

"I need his fleet of ships to defeat Stannis," She answered and Freyja found herself nodding in understanding, "Many people wonder why I want the Iron Throne so bad and it isn't because I want it, it's because I promised the people of King's Landing that I'd protect them. I believe that I'm the only one who can save Westeros from ruin."

"That's a lot of responsibility to carry," Freyja remarked, her tone sarcastic.

"It is," Annalys admitted, a smile on her face, "Many people would kill to sit on the Iron Throne, but I don't really care about the damn chair. I just want to help the people."

"I've heard about this Iron chair," Freyja remarked, moving closer to Annalys as they spoke to one another, "It's said to be built from a thousand swords."

"Yes, and it's the most uncomfortable chair I've ever sat in in my entire life," Annalys admitted and surprisingly, Freyja let out a small chuckle, causing Annalys to smile.

"You may stay in my tent until your ships have arrived, Annalys Lannister," Freyja informed Annalys in a calm tone.

Annalys found herself smiling in response, "Sounds good to me," She replied and Freyja immediately smiled back.

Just then, a young girl who looked no older than ten years old entered, looking to be annoyed when she saw Freyja standing in the tent with Annalys, "Again?" She complained loudly in annoyance, "Is there ever a night where you are not spending it with another, Mother?"

Hearing the girl's words, Annalys turned to Freyja, her eyes wide in response. She knew what the girl meant. She meant that Freyja constantly slept with women, perhaps even men as well.

"Careful, Torra," Freyja warned Torra, a soft smile on her face, "This is Annalys Lannister, the woman who will be bringing us South of the Wall."

"She doesn't look like a Queen," Torra bluntly remarked as she turned to look at Annalys.

Hearing the young girl's words, Annalys found herself quietly laughing in amusement "I get that a lot."

Torra moved closer to Annalys, staring at her closely, "You're pretty," She complimented Annalys, causing her to smile in response, "You must have men killing each other to be with you."

Annalys looked toward Freyja, who smiled slightly in amusement. "One or two," She jokingly replied before moving closer to Torra, bending down slightly to meet her at eye view, "What is your name, love?"

"Torra," She introduced herself, a confident look on her face as she smiled up at Annalys.

"She's my daughter," Freyja informed Annalys, causing her eyes to widen in shock as she watched the Wilding woman turned to her daughter with a stern look on her face, "Weren't you supposed to be out hunting with Karsi and some of the other members of her clan?"

Torra's eyes widened, realizing she had been caught. She sighed in defeat, trying to avoid eye contact with her moment, "Yes." She admitted quietly, much to Annalys' amusement.

"Then, why aren't you with them?" Freyja questioned Torra, who looked absolutely annoyed about the whole ordeal.

"I went hunting with them yesterday!" She complained loudly, huffing in annoyance, "Do I have to go again?"

"For complaining, I will now have you hunting with them for the next two weeks," Freyja retorted, causing Torra's eyes to widen in utter disbelief.

"Mother!" She exclaimed in shock, staring up at her mother.

"I don't want to hear it, Torra," Freyja argued, pointing toward the tent's exit, "Run along."

Torra rolled her eyes in annoyance as she turned toward the exit before finally leaving the tent. Once she was gone, Freyja turned to face Annalys, who smiled at her.

"You're a mother," Annalys realized, continuing to smile slightly at the thought.

"I am," Freyja confirmed as she nodded her head, "Torra is nine years old."

Annalys frowned at the response. Freyja looked no older than Annalys was and she already had an eight year old daughter? Of course, Annalys knew in Westeros, there was many young mother who gave birth to their first child very young to due being married so early on. However, she didn't think Wildings applied to that same custom.

"May I ask how old you are?" She questioned Freyja, a curious look on her face.

"Twenty-three," Freyja responded without hesitation and Annalys' eyes widened at the fact she she was the same age Annalys was.

"Your daughter's nine years old," Annalys argued, a deeply puzzled look on her face.

"I had her at fourteen," Freyja informed her without a care in the world, still not understanding what Annalys was getting at.

"You and your husband must have married young, then," Annalys remarked, causing a look of disbelief to grown on Freyja's face.

"Husband?" She asked, letting out a small laugh, "Oh, he wasn't my husband."

"Your daughter is a bastard child, then," Annalys realized, yet Freyja still seemed puzzled by what she was saying.

"Bastard?" Freyja questioned Annalys in confusion, "What is a bastard?"

Annalys gave Freyja a weird look. She thought a wildling queen would have known what a bastard was, "A child born out of wedlock," She continued on and Freyja looked even more confused by the addition of yet another word she did not know, "A child born from a mother and father who aren't married. They're considered bastards."

"What's the difference between a bastard and a regular child?" Freyja found herself asking Annalys, curious about the customs South of the Wall. They were so foreign to her, yet she wanted nothing more than to know everything about it.

"A bastard cannot inherit their father's riches or castles, even if he is the firstborn son. They can't hold titles and most either join the Night's Watch or becomes a Septon," She explained, finding herself feeling uneasy, "Girls that are bastards don't have the same options. They may become a Septa and that's about it."

"All because they're born from a mother and father who aren't married?" Freyja frowned and Annalys almost smiled at how clueless Freyja seemed to be.

"Marriage is a big deal South of the Wall. Infidelity is treated as a crime. Take me for example." Annalys continued to explain, pointing to herself with an awkward look on her face.

"What about you?" Freyja asked, not fully understanding what Annalys was getting at.

"I myself was born a bastard," Annalys informed Freyja, earning a frown from the brunette.

"But you're a Queen," Freyja argued, furrowing her eyebrows at Annalys, "You said bastards can't hold titles."

"I was legitimized," Annalys pointed out to Freyja, who began to look even more confused, if that was even possible.

"What does that mean?" Freyja questioned and Annalys tried her best not to laugh at her cluelessness.

"It means that in the eyes of our faith, the Faith of the Seven, I am now a trueborn child. Some still view me to be a bastard, though. Many hate my parents." Annalys began to explain, only to have Freyja interrupt her with another question.

"Who are your parents?"

Annalys' smile faded at Freyja's question and she avoided eye contact with her as she began to answer her question, "The former Queen of the Seven Kingdoms and her twin brother." She admitted softly, much to Freyja's shock.

"Your parents are brother and sister?" Freyja questioned, trying her hardest not to look disgusted, "Do they allow things like that South of the Wall?"

"No, they don't," Annalys confessed, shaking her head in response, "That is why the last two wars started in the first place."

Hearing Annalys' words, Freyja gave her the look that told Annalys to elaborate. Annalys found herself sighing in defeat before beginning to explain.

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

Lemme just say, Torra (Freyja's daughter) has an even bigger role in this story than Freyja does in the future.

It might not seem like it not but she's VERY important.

Anywaysssss this is Torra.

MADI 😂😂😂

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

53.3K 2.5K 60
Amelia Baratheon the eldest daughter of Cersei and Robert, Twin of Joffrey gets set up with Robb Stark on their trip to Winterfell. But things take a...
217K 5.2K 30
Amara Stark never wanted to fall for A Lannister especially not the queen ! {Season 1-Season 8} {Cersei Lannister x fem!OC} {completed}
9.1K 650 30
Rieka stark was married to Tyrion Lannister but falling for the wrong siblings when Jaime Lannister came back. 🦁 "If one more person says it I mig...
76K 3.9K 65
Rieka Stark hated the idea of being engaged to a stranger. Then Tyrion came and she thought she was doomed to a loveless life. 🐺 "You thought you...