43

KINGDOM FALL
— 43. Reunited

   That same night, after Jeyne had left   Annalys, the Lannister woman laid in bed

That same night, after Jeyne had left Annalys, the Lannister woman laid in bed. She felt like she had been crying for hours. Perhaps she had. She'd lost count of how long she had been there a while ago. She wasn't a stranger to feeling heartbroken, but never in that way.

Robb betrayed her, in the worst way possible. The last night she had spent with him in Riverrun, Robb specifically promised that he'd never bed another who wasn't Annalys, as long as they both shall live. He broke his promise.

While Annalys had been crying herself to sleep after hearing of the annulment, Robb had been sleeping with another woman. Annalys couldn't get that thought out of her mind.

She once told Robb that what Jon had done broke her heart, but at that moment, she realized what she was feeling at that moment was far worse than what she felt after Jon told her about him joining the Night's Watch.

She was tired of crying over what she had learned, but found herself unable to stop. She was surprised she even had any more tears left in her eyes to cry. Her cries were silent, feeling too tired to make any noise but the small sniffles coming from her nose. Her chest hurt in a way it never had before. She was truly heartbroken.

Annalys had felt pain and sadness many times before, but none was like what she felt after learning Robb had betrayed her. She was consumed with sadness and a part of her even pondered if it was her fault.

It wasn't, though. She just couldn't understand why Robb would do such a thing. Annalys hadn't even thought of another person while she was separated from Robb. Why did he? Was seven months too long for him to wait?

Annalys continued to cry, even when her eyes started to hurt. She began to think of her mother and how much she wished her to be there to comfort her. The last time she had cried over Robb, Cersei had been there for her.

Cersei had let Annalys cry in her arms for more than half the night, despite not knowing exactly why her daughter was crying. Annalys wanted her mother more than anything at that moment.

Cersei Lannister was a cold and heartless woman, but when it came to Annalys, it always seemed like she had a heart bigger than even the sun.

Annalys heard the door to her room open, but made no attempt to turn to see who it was. Instead, Annalys looked toward her vanity, which had a mirror on it. She looked through the mirror and was able to feel the reflection of Robb, meaning he was the one who had entered the room.

She watched in silence as he walked over to the bed, knowing Annalys was awake. "Annalys?" He called out in a hushed tone, knowing Lyanna and Eddard were asleep in the next room.

Robb knelt on the bed, leaning forward as he lightly shook Annalys' shoulder, "Annalys, I need to speak with you. It's important," He insisted, but Annalys still didn't move a muscle.