83

KINGDOM FALL
— 83. Rivalry

 Rivalry

   Weeks later, on one of the ships belonging to the Iron Fleet, Robb stood with Jon, overlooking the Shivering Sea as they traveled to Hardhome. With his luck, the ship they were brought onto was specifically Euron's, not one of the others that had accompanied him.

Euron constantly resulted to annoying Robb on purpose, yearning to get a rise out of him. Jon was constantly forced to be the one to break it up. It was clear the rivalry between them was beyond the rivalry between House Stark and House Greyjoy. Of course, Jon already understood why Robb didn't like Euron, but he couldn't understand why Euron practically made it his sole life mission to piss Robb off to the extreme.

After a few days, it finally clicked for Jon, even if it didn't for Robb. Euron knew. He wasn't a fool. He knew that Annalys was caught up on Robb and would never give him up, despite being betrothed to Euron. Jon just wondered what the hell Euron was up to, seeing as though he chose to stick around and do whatever Annalys told him to.

There was many reasons and Jon knew that with all the time he was being forced to spend with Euron and Robb, it wouldn't take him long to figure it out.

He knew one of them happened to be the fact that Euron was able to do almost anything he pleased while allied with Annalys. The Iron Islands were his, he was able to use his fleet for naval battles in Westeros, he was able to claim vengeance on Stannis after the Greyjoy Rebellion, and most of all, no one would ever fuck with him while knowing that he had Annalys in his pocket. At that moment in time, Annalys was the most feared person in Westeros.

Jon had the feeling that wasn't all of it, though. Actually, he knew it wasn't all of it.

One day, however, during their journey, Robb ended up being the one to pick a fight with Euron first, much to Jon's dismay.

"You do know Annalys will never marry you, right?" Robb suddenly spoke up, causing Euron to turn to him and immediately grin, "She's just using you. Once she's gotten the Iron Throne, she'll discard you like she would one of her raggedy dresses."

"Like she did with you?" Euron suddenly retorted, which clearly took Robb by surprise, "Unlike you, King in the North, I'm not a lovestruck fool when it comes to Annalys Lannister. I'm not blind enough not to see that she is in love with you, nor am I stupid enough not to realize she's using me," He explained, beginning to move closer to Robb.

Robb glared at Euron as the man approached him until they were just inches apart, looking into each other's eyes, "Would you be surprised if I said I was using her, too?" He asked, laughing lowly, "The Lion Queen brings me riches, lands, power, and free roam of the seas surrounding Westeros. I'm able to do whatever I want with Annalys on my side," He paused, beginning to smirk as he leaned forward to whisper in Robb's ear.