A Hero Has Risen (RWBY x Mult...

By noahplayer365

A Man that has traveled throughout many different worlds stumbles upon the world of Remnant. Ruby x Male Read... More

Through the Portal
Ruby Rose
(A/N) Information
The Shining Beacon Part I and II
The First Steps
The Emerald Forest
Team RWBYY/N
The Badge and the Burden
The Badge and the Burden Part II
Jaunedice
Forever Fall
A "Grimm" Situation
In the middle of the night
The stray and the missing
An entrance.
Player 2. Fight!
! Bonus Round !
Food Fight of the Century
We meet
A Minor Hiccup
Overcompensation
Party in the Ballroom: Prequel
Party in the Ballroom Part 1
Party in the Ballroom part 2
A Date With Fire
Field Trip
Mountain Glenn
Full Speed Ahead
Breach Part I
Overdrive (Breach II)
Energized (Volume 2.5)
Fight in the Forest
Can't Escape from Crossing Fate
It's a Brawl in the Family
! Help OC's Needed !
Lessons Learned
Never Miss a Beat
Fall
Destiny
Penny vs Pyrrha
Battle of Beacon Part 1
Battle of Beacon Part 2
Beacon Falls
New Stuff & The Next Step
Rememberance & Family
Tipping Point & The Truth Comes Out
Nuckelavee and the World Eater
Welcome to Haven
Unforeseen Complications
Lighting the Fire
Necessary Sacrifice
Rest and Resolution
Alone Together
True Colors
The Battle of Haven Character UPDATE
The Battle of Haven Academy (Long Chapter)
Betrayal (Thanks Guys and Short Chapter)
Anna Info
Fight with an Old Friend
The Tournament
The Fight Begins
The Second Level (The Tournament Part 2 Pre-Semi-Finals Rounds)
Old Friends, Level 3 (Semi-Finals)
The Finals (Last Round)
Preperation
Argus Limited
The Dungeon
The Trials (Dungeon Arc Part 1)
Fight Till You Drop (Dungeon Arc Part 2)
The Final Test (Dungeon Arc Part 3)
Zaquivus V. Summer, Y/N, and Anna (Dungeon Arc Finale)
The Reapers of Old and New
Authors Update

A Much Needed Talk

658 5 0
By noahplayer365

Ruby had tears in her eyes as she looked at you and Summer.

Summer: Hey

Jaune and the rest of team NJR stepped back as they looked to one another

Then you felt something hit you and everything went dark.

(Summer's POV)

Summer contained her laughter as she saw Ruby punch you full force and you went flying knocked out cold.

Qrow: Told him, Idiot.

Qrow said as he facepalmed. Much to my amusement. I then decided it was time for a little possessed by me fun. I then possessed him and began to talk to Ruby as we walked to a rest area.

(Timeskip)

Around a campfire You (Now Awake), Summer (Ghost), Ruby, Qrow, Jaune, Ren, and Nora and sit on four logs positioned in a square. Qrow has just finished telling the story of the Maidens.

There is silence and Qrow takes a swig from his flask. He has a bandage wrapped around his abdomen over his clothing.

Qrow: Really? No questions?

Jaune: Of course we have questions. This is just... a lot to take in.

Qrow: (sighing) Sure, of course.

Ruby: So these... Maidens... They're powerful fighters that don't need to use magic.

Qrow: Yeah.

Nora: And there are four of them?

Qrow: Yup. Always.

Ren: Which means that, whenever one of them dies, the power transfers to someone - a female - that they cared about?

Qrow: Whoever was in their thoughts last. Important distinction. Best option is someone we can trust. Regardless, their souls become combined, in a way. Execpt in Y/N's case but his amount of powers are unknown.

Ruby: What do you mean?

Summer: Well, you see. . .

You: I think I absorbed part of the Maidens power the night the tower fell.

They all looked at you confused.

Ruby: but you are not a. . . wait are you a girl!?

You laughed at this.

You: No, you see I think my Semblance allowed for me to absorb part of the Fall Maiden's power when she stabbed me.

Everyone looked at you in shock.

Jaune: But that's what you were trying to do to ... the night the tower fell. You were trying to turn her into one of them.

Qrow: The previous Fall Maiden, Amber, had been attacked. She was young, inexperienced. And her assailant, who we now know is Cinder, somehow managed to steal some of her power, but not all of it. We were afraid that if we didn't do something, the rest would go to her as well.

Jaune: (looking angry) So you forced it on Pyrrha.

Qrow: We didn't force anything. We explained the situation and gave her the choice, and she chose. You were there, you heard her.

Jaune hangs his head for a brief moment before getting up and walking several feet away from group. Qrow watches him go.

Ruby: That guy, Tyrian  - why was he after me?

Qrow: (sighing) Well, you definitely painted a target on your back with what you did at Beacon. I told you having Silver eyes is a rare trait. And the fact that you were able to use them seems to have upset some very powerful people. Not many people know about the silver eyes. Those that do aren't very happy that one has surfaced. That's why I've been keeping an eye on you in order to make sure you were safe. All of you.

Ruby: Well, then, why not just travel with us? It seems like that would've been way easier. Same with you Y/N?

Jaune answers her loudly enough to be heard, but with his back still turned to everyone.

Jaune: He was using you as bait.

Qrow: Look, I wouldn't put it like that - it's complicated.

Jaune: (turning back to face him) What is all of this? Ruby's being hunted, the schools are being attacked, all for what?! What is the point of all of this?! Will you just tell us what's going on?!

Qrow stares at him, then slouches over with a sigh.

Qrow: Would you sit down? You're stressin' me out, 'kid.

Jaune sits back down on his log and crosses his arms. Qrow starts to take another swig, but changes his mind before the flask reaches his lips.

Qrow: Not many people are super religious these days.

Qrow caps and sets the flask down.

Qrow: This world's been around for a long time, long enough that people have created dozens of gods. But if you believe Ozpin, two of them are actually real.

Pan over to a nearby large rock, where Qrow's story is illustrated with a display of light and shadows from the campfire.

Qrow: They were Two brothers. The older sibling, the god of light, found joy in creating forces of life. Meanwhile, the younger brother, the god of darkness, spent his time creating forces of destruction. As you can imagine, they both had pretty different ideas about how things should go. The older one would spend his days creating water, plants, wildlife. And at night, his brother would wake to see all the things that the elder had made and become disgusted. To counteract his brother's creations, the god of darkness brought drought, fire, famine, all he could do to rid of life. Life always returned. So one night, the younger brother went and made something - something that shared his innate desire to destroy anything and everything.

Ruby: The creatures of Grimm.

Qrow: You guessed it. The older brother finally had enough. Knowing that their feud couldn't last like this forever, he proposed that they make one final creation... together, something that they could both be proud of, their masterpiece. The younger brother agreed. This last great creation would be given the power to both create and destroy. It would be given the gift of knowledge, so that it could learn about itself and the world around it. And most importantly, it would be given the power to choose, to have free will to take everything it had learned and decide which path to follow - the path of light or the path of darkness. And that is how Humanity came to be.

Ren: But... what does that have to do with us?

Qrow: Well, that's the kicker. See, the four gifts to mankind - knowledge, creation, destruction and choice - aren't just metaphorical. Each of them exists in a physical form, left behind by the gods before they abandoned Remnant, and each of them is extraordinarily powerful. If someone were to collect all four, they'd be able to change the world. That's exactly what the enemy wants. The Huntsman Academies  were created to train generations of Humanity's protectors, but they also serve another purpose - guarding the Relics. When Ozpin's predecessor founded the schools, he built them around the Relics to act as a fortress. Not only would they be easier to defend, but they would constantly be surrounded by trained warriors. The hope was that hiding them would keep mankind from using them against itself... and, of course, keeping them out of her reach.

Cut back to the group sitting around the campfire.

Qrow: So yeah, there's that.

Ruby: Her. You mean Salem?

Qrow: That's right. Not much is known about her. Quite frankly, that's not what matters. What matters right now is that she wants the Relics, and if she gets them, it's not going to end well.

Jaune: Alright. So, let's say we believe all this. There really is this crazy evil being behind these attacks, not just some thugs trying to become powerful. Why doesn't the world know? Why isn't Atlas going after them? Or ?

Nora: And why aren't we in more of a hurry to get to ? Shouldn't we be getting them a message? What if they're next?

Qrow: The headmaster over there saw what happened to Beacon. He's not dumb. He'll be on his guard. Besides, it takes time to mobilize forces like that. Do you really think they planned out that attack on Beacon overnight? (pointing at Jaune) And to answer your question, it's the same reason we keep quiet about the Maidens. If the whole world knew about the Relics, about Salem, there would be chaos. There'd be another on our hands, and this time, you'd have to fight. (pointing at Jaune again)

Jaune turns away.

Qrow: Look, I had the same questions, too. But ol' Ozpin would always put his foot down. "We can't cause a panic." Heh, can't tell you how many times I've heard that. Salem's smart. She works from the shadows, using others to get what she wants, so that when it comes time to place the blame, we can only point at each other. She's trying to divide us - humanity, and so far she's done a pretty damn good job.

Leaning back, Qrow looks up at the broken moon and the visual pans to follow his gaze before returning to him, with an above shot at first, changing to a frontal shot when he looks ahead and sighs.

Ruby: Alright, so what should we do?

Everyone looks to Qrow.

Qrow: (chuckling) I don't really know.

The teens all look at each other, surprised and nervous. They return their gaze to him when he starts speaking again.

Qrow: Ozpin has put a lot of trust in the headmasters. Like I said, the schools are an important part of stopping Salem. Atlas is going to be on high alert after the last attack, and Vacuo  is - well, Vacuo. It'll be hard to hire thieves and scoundrels to fight against other thieves and scoundrels. Take that, add in the fact that Cinder and her crew claim to be from Haven, and I think it's likely the next target. So, we're on our way to the headmaster. Haven't heard from him in a while, even before the attack. I'm hoping he has the answers.

Qrow stands, but grabs at where he was cut.

Qrow: (groaning) Alright, I think it's time you kids got some sleep.

Ruby: Uncle Qrow, Y/N?

Qrow: Yeah?

Ruby: (standing) This is a lot to take in, and it all sounds crazy, but... I'm willing to do whatever I can to help because I trust you. But why couldn't you trust me? Why couldn't you just travel with us, instead of this secrecy, and, and--

Qrow: Look, this has nothing to do with trust. I-- It's a long story, okay?

Nora: Seriously? Now you're tired of telling us stories?

He stares at the fire in silence before speaking. As he talks he kneels down, picks up a stick and pokes at the fire.

Qrow: Did you know that crows are a sign of bad luck? Old superstition, but it's how I got my name. See, some people can and some people can and some people are just born unlucky. My isn't like most - it's not exactly something I do. It's always there, whether I like it or not. I bring misfortune. (chuckles bitterly) I guess you could call me a bad luck charm. Comes in real handy when I'm fighting an enemy, but it makes it a little hard on friends... (looking over at Ruby) and family.

Getting up, he still holds his side.

Jaune: Well, you are just a real bundle of help, aren't you?

Ruby and Nora turn to glare at Jaune.

Qrow: Yeah.

He walks away from the campfire, slowly.

Ren: Where are you going?

Qrow: Taking a walk.

Ruby: There's nothing else you want to tell us?

A red-eyed raven lands on a tree branch with a quiet caw. Qrow looks at it, and it cocks its head, looking at him.

Qrow: Not tonight.

He continues his slow walk away, leaving the four teenagers to themselves for a bit. The log he had prodded earlier rolls out of the campfire. Ruby watches Qrow, concerned.

Ruby: what about you, Y/N.

You: (Chuckles) I'm scared. You can ask Summer.

Summer: Yeah he couldn't sleep most of the time and nearly annoyed me to no end about what he should do to approach you. It was also the reason he left. 

Ruby slapped and then hugged you as you began to quietly cry.

Ruby: (whispering) Thank you.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

19.6K 404 17
After living within the cold walls of the facility, (Y/N) is eventually released and forced to wander the world of remnant. Will he become the hero h...
16.3K 528 58
"You took everything away from me... The people I loved, the people I swore to protect with my life... And, to think that I was so foolish to not see...
75.9K 1.8K 22
You are Ruby Rose. Well, a male version of her.
1.8K 44 11
I own nothing RWBY related. A boy born to an unloving family, thought to be a legend in his small village of Kirin, just a few miles from Vale. The v...