Protecting You (Katsuki Bakug...

By vote4kiba

*Currently Editing* Ranked #2 in Fanfics out of 1 Million KATSUKI BAKUGO x READER "I may not be a hero yet, b... More

Content Warnings - Please Read
Chapter 1- Welcome to UA
Chapter 2- Becoming Friends
Chapter 3- Investigations
Chapter 4- Quirk
Chapter 5- I Am Here
Chapter 6- Everything
Chapter 7- Angel
Chapter 8- To Save You
Chapter 9- Competitors
Chapter 10- I Promise
Chapter 11- Our Interests
Chapter 12- Betrayal
Chapter 13- Seeing Red
Chapter 14- Flames
Chapter 15- Hero Train
Chapter 16- The Beginning Journey
Chapter 17- Home Sweet Home
Chapter 18- I'm There
Chapter 19- Fear of the Unknown
Chapter 20- Domesticated
Chapter 21- Be Mine
Chapter 22- The Fourth
Chapter 23- Saving Strangers
Chapter 24- A Dream Realized
Chapter 25- Katsuki's Promise
Chapter 26- Answers
Chapter 27- Reassurance
Chapter 28- Lost and Found
Chapter 30- Rebirth
Chapter 31- Unexpected Meeting
Chapter 32- Finals
Chapter 33- Mother
Chapter 34- Summer
Chapter 35- Apology
Chapter 36- Camping
Chapter 37- Puzzle Pieces
Chapter 38- Cost of Survival
Chapter 39- Don't Come
Chapter 40- Futures
Chapter 41- Chi
Chapter 42- Ready, Set, Go
Chapter 43- All for One and One for All
Chapter 44- Protecting You
Chapter 45- Trying Again
Chapter 46- United
Chapter 47- Silent Pleas
Chapter 48- Rapunzel
Chapter 49- Family Dinner
Chapter 50- Burning Secrets
Chapter 51- Dorms
Chapter 52- Closed Doors
Chapter 53- Fighting Failure
Chapter 54- One in a Million
Chapter 55- Fuel to the Fire
Chapter 56- Reflection
Chapter 57- Phoenix
Chapter 58- Testing the Waters
Chapter 59- Blood Baths
Chapter 60- Blindsided
Chapter 61- The First Day
Chapter 62- Pandora's Box
Chapter 63- The Yin Within
Chapter 64- The Zombie Hero
Chapter 65- Kiss of Fate
Chapter 66- Ground Zero
Chapter 67- Breaking Down and Out
Chapter 68- Lights Out
Chapter 69- The Melodies of Life
Chapter 70- Swan Dive
Chapter 71- Finding Faith
Chapter 72- Lantern in the Dark
Chapter 73- Vacation Plans
Chapter 74- Plucking Daisies
Chapter 75- Eclipse
Chapter 76- Drunken Love
Chapter 77- One and Only
Chapter 78- All This Time
Chapter 79- Lemillion to One
Chapter 80- Hero for Hire
Chapter 81- Full Circle
Chapter 82- Villain Complex
Chapter 83- Flying High
Chapter 84- Follow Me
Chapter 85- Touching the Heavens
Chapter 86- Venom Vixen
Chapter 87- Fighting You
Chapter 88- Bloody Truths
Chapter 89- Just Be You
Chapter 90- Holiday Spree
Chapter 91- Memories
Chapter 92- Coming Home
Chapter 93- Stage 5: Acceptance
Chapter 94- Ghost of the Mountain
Chapter 95- Happy Birthday
Chapter 96- Death Day

Chapter 29- Designing Heroism

57.4K 2K 3.4K
By vote4kiba

You sat silently in class, staring at the empty drawing notebook in front of you that Aizawa gave you to design your uniform. Katsuki noticed how you were completely zoned out from class, a frustrated look on your face. Midnight was in the middle of her lecture, leaving Katsuki unable to talk to you without a bondage flair being flapped on his desk by the sexual hero. 

What do I even start with? Do I start brand new? Do I remake what I had before?

What the hell would my hero name even be?

You thought about your quirk and how you used it before on missions to stealthily assassinate your victims. What about now? You couldn't kill now...but you could at least still use your swords like how Snipe uses guns. You jotted down on the accessory/utility column of the notebook the words sword holster. That was something at least. You thought of the mask you used to wear...would you still hide your face to prevent yourself from being recognized or will you show it proudly to the world? 

"Okay students, that's enough for today. There's a staff meeting today so the following hour will be a study hall in preparation for finals. Iida, you're in charge so report to Eraserhead if anything goes wrong." Midnight spoke with a smile. Iida promptly stood up and bowed. 

"Yes Ma'am I will make sure each student studies their hardest!" Midnight promptly left the room, giving Katsuki the opportunity to finally turn to you.

"Extra, what's bothering you?" You turned to look at his smooth and handsome face, one that you couldn't help but fall for each and every day.

"Eraserhead told me to think of a new hero name and costume design but...I've been Shinobi for so long...I don't know what to be now." Katsuki looked thoughtful for a moment before giving you a pervy sharp-toothed grin.

"Are you gonna wear another sexy catsuit? Wait- nevermind I don't want some other dumbfucks looking at you." You rolled your eyes, thinking back to your paper. Kaminari and Kirishima turned towards you, the electric boy leaning over the back of his chair.

"Heard you're having trouble with a hero uniform?" Kaminari spoke with a crooked smile. Katsuki's eyes gleamed with an explosive shade of red, narrowed with a threat at Kaminari. Said blond boy immediately backed off, taking the hint from Katsuki.

"Why, did you have any ideas Kaminari?" You asked innocently. Kaminari scratched the back of his head awkwardly, hiding his perverted thoughts from his audience.

"Uhhh nope!" Kirishima then decided to interject.

"Well...maybe you could design something similar to what you had before but with upgrades?" You nodded your head, feeling the rusty gears turning. You remember the first time you designed your costume. You were ten years old, before that you basically worked in a toy mask and sweatshirt. You wrote your first design on the back of a flyer, giving it to the Mercenary Design Corps to create. You never had to go through a hero agency.

Speaking of agency...you wondered if you would be assigned next to All Might in the future...or maybe Deku since he is the successor of One for All. Was your fate intertwined with theirs?

"That's a great idea Kirishima. I'll definitely do that."

You proceeded to jot down some things you've wanted to add as accessories to your suit for a while. Forearm guard that enhances strength, gloves that extend knives on the hand when activated, shuriken pouch, shoes that absorb shock from falling, carbon fiber reinforcements...what if I had a GPS that helped me teleport from one place to another?

You glanced at Todoroki, the half and half boy stealing a look at you as well. You both smiled and you turned back towards your paper.

Fire and frost proof.

The ideas began to roll for the accessories you could have, but the overall design of your suit was still lacking. Izuku and Ochaco noticed from the front of the room that Kirishima, Kaminari, and Katsuki all were crowding around your desk as you worked. 

"Whatcha up to (y/n)?" Izuku spoke innocently. This grabbed the attention of others in the room as well since you were the only person gaining a crowd.

"Designing my hero uniform...I could really use the help." You spoke honestly. Katsuki's eyes narrowed while Deku's glimmered. You could tell the green boy was inspired, him studying your quirk in his journal since your arrival.

"Oh wow! That's right! You don't have a uniform. What if we helped give you ideas?" He spoke. Ochaco smiled at him as he spoke, something you wish she did more. She barely spoke to you lately and it hurt your heart. What if she hates me?

"That would help for sure." Momo turned towards you excitedly along with Mina.

"Wearing something that is enhancing your quirk and the way in which you fight would be ideal for you! Mine, for instance, needs to be open because that's how I access the items I create." Momo spoke. Mina winked at you with a bright white smile.

"Wear something that enhances your figure too! Gotta look sexy for ya man!" Mina teased, a bright red blush forming on your cheeks. Katsuki had a hint of a smile curve against his lips. Maybe he didn't think too badly of his classmates. Todoroki looked over at you, offering you a gentle expression.

"I'm sure no matter what you wear, you'll look great in it." Your blush only increased and Katsuki's smile turned into a frown. Iida decided to step in, stopping the conversation in its path.

"We are all supposed to be studying for finals right now...but I agree with helping (y/n) design a costume after hers was destroyed to save us. It's only right." Iida walked to the blackboard with a piece of chalk.

"Okay (y/n), give me some concepts and we will all help put it together." You felt an intense sensation of unity with your class, your heart feeling warmed and grateful for each and every one of them. You began to grow nervous, but a hand on your knee from your favorite explosive boy put a stop to that.

"I-I don't know where to begin!" You spoke with uncertainty. Izuku came up to you despite Katsuki's clear displeasure. For some reason, your usually angry boyfriend was actually calm and quiet...leaving you confused. He hated Deku talking to you so casually...but he knew how fragile your hero identity was. Anything could leave you in a web of doubt, so it was best to leave Deku alone when he was trying to help make you confident...well as long as Deku didn't try any funny bullshit.

"Well (y/n)...something that motivated my costume was that I designed it after what I pictured would be the perfect hero...I made it resemble what made me want to become a hero." You sat at your desk for a moment thinking about what Deku said.

What made me motivated to become a hero...who was there for me...to support me becoming a hero? Who told me first that I had what it takes to be a hero?

All Might.

"Iida...prepare for your hand to hurt." You spoke with a glimpse of a fire in your eyes.

~~

"Already? It's not even the end of the day." Aizawa spoke as you entered his office just as lunch started. You smiled at your teacher as you handed him the notebook.

"I had a lot of help designing this. The class took a weight off my shoulders." Aizawa opened up the book and looked at your design, color scheme, and accessories that you had for your costume.

"Interesting...so did you pick out a hero name yet?" You sulked slightly, forgetting that particular part for a moment. 

"Not yet but...I have some ideas." Aizawa nodded, putting the notebook in a bag he had on his desk so he could take it to the UA Hero Design Agency. 

"Just don't let your friends pick it. That's how I ended up with this dumbass name. And try not to be Queen Explosion Murder or something stupid like that." You held your hand in front of your mouth, giggling as your sensei made fun of Katsuki.

"Thanks for the advice Sensei. I'll keep that in mind." You went to say goodbye but Aizawa placed a hand on your shoulder, his shaggy black hair framing his face quite nicely.

"The principal wanted me to inform you that he will be placing Shinso with 1A during the Summer. Keep this secret but we are going to go to a camp to work on our quirks...so I will task you with helping him adjust. You will also be on guard during the trip as it's going to be difficult to monitor everyone." You felt excited knowing that Shinso was going to join you, but felt anxiety about having him meet Katsuki. Kacchan is not going to like this.

"Who else knows about the trip? Do we need to be so cautious without Hagakure?" You spoke out of curiosity.

"Well, so far it's just me, Vlad, Nezu, and now you. The only reason I'm telling you is so you can prepare to train and observe simultaneously. It's going to be hard on you. And about your second question...it's mostly a secret so the students don't talk about it and have the League of Villains target us. We won't be under the security of UA's campus, so it's much more dangerous." Now you understood, Aizawa wanted to prevent another ambush by the League of Villains.

That man from the League...the one with the hands...would I never be able to kill him now? Am I forced to abandon my vow to avenge my family and my village?

You didn't know anymore.

~~

The week was starting to go by quickly, each morning with you waking up next to Katsuki's handsome face and every night you fell asleep in his arms. You were starting to grow accustomed to this, a little sad that as soon as the week ended that you probably wouldn't be able to sleep through the night in his room for a while. Katsuki tutored you and Kirishima brutally, both with physical exercise and the much more painful academic training. You remained strong and hopeful, thinking of All Might and how you needed to make him proud after he gave you so many wonderful gifts.

It didn't take too long for Sunday to arrive: the day you promised to go with Todoroki to see his mother.

You waited until the last second to tell Katsuki so he didn't spend the week stressing about it, the blond boy crossing his arms with an annoyed look on his face just as you were about to tell him.

"Spit it out Extra. What are you trying to say?" You sat with him, eating breakfast that Katsuki made. He was actually not a bad cook at all. He must take after his mother.

"Well, I promised Todoroki the other day that I'd go with him to see his Mom today. I'm supposed to meet him at the bus stop at noon. Katsuki's arms stayed crossed, his scarlet eyes narrowed. He held the pose for a moment before dropping his guard with a sigh.

"Alright."

"Alright?" You repeated, confused.

"Yeah, alright."

"You're not gonna yell about that damn Icyhot?"

"Nope." You held up your chopsticks and pointed them at your boyfriend, a suspicious glint in your eye.

"Who are you and what did you do with my Kacchan?!" Said blond boy dismissed your exclamation, waving his hand in front of his face.

"Oh shut up. I'm trying to be fucking good cause you told me to lay off. I have to trust you right? That's what you said? Just fucking go before I change my mind." Your heart felt swollen with affection. Katsuki took what you told him seriously and used that to attempt to become more patient when it came to people wanting to befriend you. His anxiety about you meeting Icyhot of all people left him with itching fingers...he needed to vent it out before he imploded.

"Thanks Kacchan." You smiled at him so brightly that he couldn't seem to stare directly at you. He casted his eyes off to the side, scratching the back of his head and his cheeks flushed with red.

"Yeah, yeah whatever."

~~

You dressed in a light blue summer dress that Mitsuki picked up for you last week before she went on her trip. She always liked shopping for you since she didn't have a daughter of her own. You tried to protest but the mother of Katsuki Bakugo was having none of it. It wasn't quite Summer yet but the weather was starting to feel like it. You stood in the doorway, about to leave when Katsuki grasped your wrist.

"Wait, you forgot something." He spoke. You turned towards him to recieve a soft kiss on the lips. He grinned into the kiss, his free hand caressing your cheek.

"Call me if you need anything. I love you, dumbass." He whispered in your ear. You smiled back at him, nodding.

"Will do."

You began to walk out of the house following the directions Todoroki gave you. You haven't been near his bus stop or his house so you weren't able to teleport. You didn't complain though, the weather was warm, the sun was bright and shining in the cerulean sky, and the Spring blossoms were fully out and enjoying life. You slowly inhaled the perfume of the blooms in the air, relaxing in the sweetness of honeysuckle.

When you arrived to Todoroki's bus stop twenty minutes later, said half and half was standing in a button down t-shirt and jeans. You didn't realize his growing height until you stood in front of him with a smile on your fresh face.

"Hi Shoto!" Todoroki smiled back at you.

"Hey. Are you ready to go? The bus should be here in five minutes." You nodded.

"Yup! How long is this ride anyway?"

"About thirty minutes or so. Her hospital is at the edge of the city. I'm just letting you know now that it's a psychiatric facility so they may ask you to sign a paper basically saying you'll abide by the hospital rules and whatnot." He warned you. You understood, not fully realizing what extent his mother's treatment was.

"(Y/n)...did I ever tell you why my mother ended up in this hosptial?" You shook your head, your eyes focused on his heterochromatic.

"My mother was forced into a quirk marriage with my father. I wanted you to understand what my father did to her...and what he was willing to have you suffer through. I want this to show you why Endeavor is not to be trusted."

You froze in your spot, the memories of when Endeavor seemed so kind and sweet when he visited you in the hospital.

What did he do to Shoto's mother that put her in a psychiatric hospital?

Better yet...is there a dark side to heroism that top heroes like Endeavor try to hide?

Is the system I am about to enter just as corrupted as the villains?

Maybe I've never stopped being a mercenary after all.

Maybe there was no way to become a true hero like All Might after all.

A delicate cool warm touch reached your hand, shaking you from your thoughts. Shoto looked at you with a focused expression, his cyan eye looking directly into yours.

"(Y/n), I swear to you I will never let you suffer like my Mom did. I will not allow that to happen." Your stomach swirled with anxiety and uncertainty as Todoroki's words reached your heart.

What does Shoto mean by this?

The bus came quickly, sweeping away your thoughts along with.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

15.2K 164 13
~{DISCONTINUED}~ New kid in class 1-A? 3 students already crushing over them, but who'll they chose? In this story, the reader(you) gets to see what...
268 11 3
When you met Bakugo on your first day of school he seemed.. intersting to you. After your first training fight together the two of you started to gro...
24.3K 996 23
"𝕊𝕞𝕚𝕝𝕖. 𝕀𝕥 𝕃𝕠𝕠𝕜𝕤 𝔹𝕖𝕥𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝕆𝕟 𝕐𝕠𝕦." Y/N, having been trapped in what most would consider hell, managed to slip through the finger...
2.2K 43 25
I grew up in a loving home. My twin brother, Izuku Midoriya, was obsessed with All Might. I wasn't obsessed with All Might though, I was obsessed wit...