Contract Marriage 2 (Sample)

By AshlehQueen

Nervous? No, This word cant even start to explain the way I was feeling right now. Caressing my bump I assure... More

Prologue and Characters
The New Year
It's Broke
Closure
Fredrick Erno
A friend in need, again.
Fiona
An angel
Toxic
His rival
The revelation

A day out!

31.5K 2K 301
By AshlehQueen

Don't skip the author's note at the end.

Alex's POV:

I was looking at the room that Diana prepared with her employees just like Jane wanted. Lighting up the smoke I let myself fell on the bed and couldn't help but imagine her soft, shaking body in my hands. For days she is the only thing I want. For ages, all I want is to touch her but not like this. Not until she regret leaving me.

And what if you don't? A voice echoed in my brain.

Then, I will make her regret. I answered that thought.

"Soon, love, soon, you will realize that you want me. I know this. I know you." I said looking at the ceiling but then my phone buzzed. The caller ID showed it was from Simon.

"Hello," I asked ready to receive any latest information on my Jane.

"It is about Mrs. Black's new year party last night," Simon said and I was alarmed. I already knew that Jane was to leave with her family on some stupid New Year party at someone's home.

What a lovely way to spend your New Year eve? I mentally scoffed while here I am counting even seconds until she realizes that this is where she belongs.

But lately, I gave Simon strict order on to only disturb me if she was seen with a man. I was so occupied and vested in preparing for the wedding I planned to hold for three months now. Just like Jane and I, decided earlier. So, if he had called me it means.

"Who is he?" I asked,

"She was introduced to some man named Carl by her family." He said and for a second I couldn't feel anything but rage. How was it possible? Didn't she tell her family about me?

"Does she look interested in the man?" I asked without wasting a minute.

"No," was his answer and I relaxed a bit before ordering him,

"Send me his bio" I need to know who this person was daring to compete with me. "There is something else," He added,

"What?" I asked,

"Her ex-husband was also there and they were,....."He trailed off making me spat, "Do you want to get fire?"

"They were in some room for more than fifteen minutes." He informed me. When I didn't respond he added,

"I have sent you Mr. Anderson's bio,"

"I will get back to you," I replied before cutting off the call.

It was a week ago when I asked Simon to collect all the things he can manage on her ex-husband. Checking the file he sent me I got relaxed. He was married and I knew she will never indulge in a person who was already married. But there was no guarantee about this person. I looked at the person who had bleached hair and blue eyes.

"I know you are regretting leaving her. But she is mine now."

Knowing exactly what my next step will be I dialed a number.

Jane's POV.

"What the hell?" I startled once I noticed Evelyn ghosting in my room. She looked like a freak sitting on my bed staring at me. My mind half-sleep tried to process but Evelyn latched over my shoulder.

"You are not a kid anymore." I tried to call her off.

"I can't sleep," She said shaking me while I was trying to get a little bit more sleep when I saw the clock on my bedside only showing 6 am. "Can you please tell me who the father is? Just one name, J!" Evelyn asked and somehow this took me to the memory lane I don't want to recall.

"There is no father." I groaned trying to get sleep but all of the last night events start hitting me making me place my hand on my belly.

"Yes, J! Yes, think about it. You are seconds away from being the talk of the town; I fear our local paper is going to publish you. You are Eleanor's daughter. A righteous woman among all."

She was being paranoid and talking nonstop. But she wasn't wrong. Our local newspaper was indeed had nothing special to print.

"Stop talking," I replied but deep down I knew I need to think over the matter. There was no way that I wasn't delivering this baby but how I am ever supposed to convince my family about what happened? My father won't be much bothered but my mother.

There was a huge possibility that she won't be able to take the news. Though everyone knows at my home that Paul cheated on me she still sometimes shows with her behavior like I was at fault too and wasn't able to keep my man. And after knowing that I didn't demand any alimony and even left my savings with him, she was beyond mad.

But now if a man is needed to keep, I don't want that man. I want someone who wants to stay. And maybe I have got someone who would stay. I thought, caressing my belly.

"Jane," Evelyn called dragging me into reality.

"Stop being loud, I am telling you for the last time. I am not pregnant. That thing was broke." I tried to shut her up but felt a sudden urge to get into the bathroom. Pushing the blanket aside I made my way into the bathroom.

I was vomiting for last week and suffering mild polyuria. Both were the symptoms of pregnancy. Once I freshened up, I came out to find Evelyn with a huge bag of crackers.

"Having something early in the morning ease the morning sickness? Try it." She said forwarding it to me that I accepted.

Silence ruled but not for long when Evelyn asked, "Is it a boy or girl?"

"Are you really that dumb or acting out? In both cases, I don't want you in my room." I asked munching the crackers.

"Fine, J! but remember these words when you come asking for my help." She said, before storming out.

These crackers were actually helpful. I thought.

I spent time thinking about any way that can make all this news less shocking to my parents but there was none. No parent can ever be ready to hear about their daughter's pregnancy when she is not married.

What if he came to know about,...With this, my mind went to how he used to hold me? What his touch made me feel like? His warm breath was still there on my skin inciting all the sinful desires.

He is evil, Jane, Evil. Oh, God, please, help me out. I don't want to harbor such sinful thoughts for him. Taking a sigh out, I whispered. "Make me strong enough to be a good mother."

I walk out of my room at the time I knew mom will be in the kitchen. Walking into the kitchen I gave a side hug to my mother and went to get some fresh juice or anything similar I can get "Mom, don't you think Jane is a little different nowadays." I heard Evelyn say and choked on the liquid.

"What are you referring to?" My mother asked still occupied with frying.

"Don't you think she is tired a lot? Like always tired." Evelyn replied while I shot daggers at her with my eyes.

"Tired or not she aced her high school." My mom replied without looking back and Evelyn's face dropped.

I was still trying hard to contain my laugh when the doorbell starts ringing. "I will get it." I said but Evelyn beat it to me saying, "You should rest," But her sound had the sarcasm and begging my mother to notice but she didn't notice anything and I can't be more grateful.

Even after five minutes, we didn't hear anything from her and my mother called her, "Evelyn who is on the door?"

"Nothing, mom, I think Jake ordered some more books." Her voice came and I finished the orange juice all the while planning to where to go after I sell my apartment in L.A.

But for today, I planned to go and see some doctor confirm my pregnancy. Though somehow I knew that I was pregnant but I had to have a check-up to be sure and see if everything is going normal or not.

I saw Evelyn taking a delivery wrapped in a huge square box but the moment my mom turned her back to my sister, Evelyn tried to say something mouthing. She was really being so annoyed. But then I heard her say,

"Mom, I think someone named Alexander Black sent books for Jake,"

"Don't mess with his things, Evelyn!" My mother replied but I stood to make my way behind her but she was ahead of me and went to her room. I couldn't run behind her because I knew I will invite unnecessary questions from my mother.

"Evelyn, No!" I whisper shouted when I found her trying to open the box and get the box from her. "Are you married to him?" She asked and I startled. "I want to see what's inside. He is the father. Right?" She asked waving the paper receipt and only met my silence when I took the box.

"You shouldn't lift such heavy things when you are pregnant." She whispered and I asked,

"Why do you think he is the father?"

"The parcel says it is for Mrs. Jane Black and from L.A, and I know it is not on the wrong address." She answered crossing her arms.

Getting the box from her bed I tried to lift it but then I saw Ryan passing the hallway.

"May I help with this?" He asked and I gladly accepted the offer. It seems like, God was watching over me.

Once inside, my room and waiting for him to go after what he had to say I get onto opening the parcel as my heartbeat was at the miles per hour. I am not going to lie. I was panicked about what could be inside this box but a part of me felt wanted.

There were jewelry boxes, a big portfolio, and a card. I remember this portfolio. It was the same he handed over me to decide any options for all the things for our wedding. Knowing that somewhere, someone is thinking about me makes all the butterflies going crazy in my belly. Only if, you were not a cheating and manipulative bastard. I huffed.

So, I didn't bother to open it but went onto to read what card says,

"Don't be late for our wedding day. It's a cruise ship wedding. Rest you can decide love."

P.S, Tell your family about me already so they know better than to introduce you to someone.

The nerve of this man! He was keeping tabs on me. And only dared to come out when I was seen with someone else. What does he believe that I will be crying over him? With this, my mind went to my half an hour session of shedding tears just in the yesterday morning.

That doesn't count. I screamed in my brain all the while crumpling the note in my hand. At this point, I knew I had to face him. How and when I don't know. And nothing in this world can ever prepare me to face him.

Sometimes it sucks when you don't know what is next? But then recalling the life growing inside me I tried to calm myself. It still seems surreal.

Asking my father for his Bentley I made an online appointment to some doctor and get to the car. I chose to wear a plain white shirt with a grey colored skirt. I was starting the engine when Evelyn hopped into the passenger seat.

"Where do you think you are coming, Evelyn?" Though I tried to sound rude but couldn't. I was more like begging her to leave me alone.

"I know you are going to see some doctor." She said,

"How"? I was breaking at this point.

"In the future, I will join the FBI, I know." She said as I start my engine.

"Only if you pass your high school?" I remind her and her face went soar. I know I shouldn't make her feel any less but she seriously needs to start to focus more at her school.

"You are just like mom, Jane." She told me,

I pulled the car in front of a medical facility that wasn't much popular in the area. I guess I wanted to keep a low profile.

"You are genius," She said exactly knowing why I chose a facility a little far from my town. I waited until it was my turn while my feet turned cold. Evelyn bought some milkshake for me but I denied the offer. All I wanted to be this true and I swear I will never complain about anything to my God.

Evelyn accompanied me and kept her hand on my shoulder while the doctor put some cold gel on my belly. I was tense and waited for her to say anything while I squeezed Evelyn's hand and kept the other on my mouth.

"It seems you are almost four weeks pregnant, Miss Monroe." I heard her say and couldn't stop sobbing. I was so happy. I tried to rub my tears away but more were coming. I wasn't alone anymore and could finally see a future. A future with my baby girl, who will look exactly like me,

Evelyn pulled my head in her arms and tapped my head lightly saying, "I am happy for you,.... let's do it." I nodded my head while crying harder.

The doctor gave me an ultrasound of my baby. And I couldn't stop looking at it. Evelyn and I were coming out of the doctor's office when I saw Grace Anderson talking to some nurse at the corner. We saw each other but decided to ignore.

"Damn! Jane, What perfect timing to catch up with your ex- mother in law?" She whispered but we made our way to the exit that was close to her.

Grace never had any much liking for me. As she assumed me, to be no match for his son, I wonder what kind of relationship she has with her new daughter-in-law. At least I was a high school teacher and not a bar waitress like her. Grace was a lawyer and the reason I never applied for alimony. She draws a horrific picture for the things about how matters are run in the courtroom and I wanted to avoid any kind of hassle at that time. Who am I kidding? I wanted Paul to change his plans even at the very last moment.

"Kids these days," She scoffed once we passed her. Did she just,

"Excuse me?" I asked,

"Hello, Jane? Is this you?" She asked,

"Grace,...." I was about to say something when she added, "You must be happy knowing your sister is not like you at least." I felt Evelyn getting tense.

"What are you referring to?" I asked,

"You know what I am referring to. We all know how teenagers come into this facility to get rid of unwanted pregnancies." She attacked my sister with her words.

"Shut up, you old hag," Evelyn screamed throwing her milkshake on her dress and I was stunned. This is exactly not how you deal with situations but I followed my sister who was storming out of the facility.

Evelyn and I decided to stop at some café near that facility. She ordered a pound cake that I seem hard to finish but she was adamant to spend more and celebrate.

"I don't think I am related to all of you by blood." She said and I tensed.

Only I knew that she wasn't the real child. Even Jake doesn't know. And that includes Mr. and Mrs. Adams too. But the thing is so old. Evelyn's mother was my mothers' distant cousin and a drug addict. She was eight months old when we adopted her on papers and two years old when we came to settle in this town. Sometimes I forgot about it. It was always three of us.

"I want to say something," Evelyn said,

"What?" I fear because she never asks for permission for saying anything,

"I know it is your decision to make but you know you have to think about this baby now." She said holding back.

"What do you mean?" I asked,

"I don't want you to go and jump at that man like mom would force you if she came to know about this but I want you to at least tell him that he is expecting." She said and I stared at her. Little did she know that she was asking me to face the world's most powerful jerk.

"I will think about it," I answered to take her off this topic.

"Now tell me, how you get such a hunk of a man." She said and I looked at her in surprise.

"How do you know?" I asked,

"All I need was a name and knowing he lives in L.A was just a plus. Look?" She said showing me her cell-phone that had a picture of Alex.

"It is not him." I lied,

"It is him. There are pictures of you with him quoting you being his wife. And you're wedding with him in three months. Any other woman at your place will plan to draw a lot of money off this person. You do realize that the person owns everything." She said the last part with quite a serious face.

"I know, but I don't need him," I answered,

"Look, I know that you are strong and all and everything but you can't really plan to keep a child from his father's love. Don't worry, you don't look a lot like yourself in these pictures. I don't think anyone at our town will be interested enough to whom Alexander Black is marrying."

She said but my mind was stuck to only one word. Father's love and Alex? I can't imagine Alex being anything close to a father. I know he is the father of my baby technically but still no.

I tried to type the message and start writing, Can you please, don't pull a stunt like this? I will see you when I came back to L.A....." I stopped typing and tried to think if I should write what I wanted to write.

......I have something important to discuss with you." I finally wrote the message and tried my hardest to send but couldn't. If he has taking tabs on me he might already know about me being pregnant.

What he must be thinking right now? I wondered.

"J!" Evelyn called me,

"Don't think too much. Just take things at a time. But if mom ever asks you if I knew about it, you are going to lie." She always wanted to be unaffected and play on the safe side. But it was far better than being alone. So, I replied, "Thanks Eve,"

"No, thanks to you that I am not worried about being played anymore, and have far more pressing matters to deal now." She answered,

"If you want to talk," I asked but she hurriedly said, "No,"

We spent the afternoon roaming in the park, Evelyn wanted to buy something for the baby but I convinced her that it is too early. She took a promise from me that I will travel her to L.A so she could see my baby bump.

She fears mom's reaction but wanted to celebrate too. She even planned how my shoot will be with my bump and shared her theme about her 16th birthday.

"All the things aside, I wish you get a baby boy just like his father." She said when I pulled the car in front of our home and I looked at her surprised.

"I want to have a daughter that will look exactly like me," I answered,

"You do realize that the baby is bound to look a little like his father." She reasoned.

"I,..."I trailed off looking at the car parked in front of our place. It was Grace Andersons' car. I looked at Evelyn who too senses the danger.

We made our way into the house where our mother was sitting in the living room wearing a very sad expression while Mrs. Adams seems to console her. And, Grace was having her tea.

"Oh! Finally, you two are here?" Grace said and I look into my mothers' eye to saw an expression so hollow that sent a shiver ran into my spine. The last thing I wanted was to look at my mother so broken. I gulped hard while Evelyn held my hand. 
Oh, God, please help me out of here, and I swear I won't ask for anything.
***************
(Author's Note, Don't leave)

Love you all,
I hope you enjoyed the chapter just know that I really wanted all of you to vote.

I am not complaining. I know all of you forgot or something. But know I slept three hours less last night, skipped breakfast in the morning and was ten minutes late to my work because I was writing it.

Do you know why I write it? Because so many people comment and request for updates. So, many people who comments asking for updates but never vote. And having more reads and fewer votes affects the ranking of my story.

I am not saying that I will update when I have this much votes or this many followers because we both know that I am gonna write when I get the time and never wait to upload once the update is ready.

So, before asking me for the next update. Can you please, go back and see if there is any chapter you haven't vote. And that includes chapters of first book Contract Marriage too.

Please, it will mean a world to me.

And though, I had many ideas and concepts for the stories I never started another project thinking I hardly manage time for these two stories in between my busy schedule.

It was hard not starting another story when I so wanted to write it.

And the only reason that I am still writing these two stories is the number of messages I get on wattpad, Inkitt, Insta and many other sites from you.

But I have decided never to write any story after I complete these two. Because Why?
I will never leave these two in the middle because I always complete what I start.

And if you feel bothered because of my rant I can't help but feel sorry for you.

Have a great day.
XOXO

Instagram: theashlehqueen
Twitter: AshlehQ

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

653K 16.2K 80
"Alexa, Where is your brother?" Anthony asked. Oh no. That was the voice that he would take when he was starting to get angry. "Why are you looking...
113K 2.2K 11
" I am pregnant," I said timidly caressing my flat belly hoping that he will be happy hearing the news. After all, he is going to be a father. He sai...
856K 23.9K 45
[STANDALONE] Warnings: *Story moves kind of fast but oh well *Includes sexual content aka SMUT ~ "Mhm." I hummed out. He moves the fabric of my thong...
1.1M 24.5K 43
"I am pregnant, " I say looking into his eyes intensely but his face is emotionless. "what? " he asks stunned, he paces around for a few minutes "I...