Trapped In The Mating Games

By dreamcatcher2390

She was a soon to be 18 year old who didn't want a mate. The thought of being tied town for the rest of her l... More

Introduction
The not so happy birthday
Lost and found
The start of it all
Let the games begin
Very Short Update
Treated diffrent ?
The princes plan
The royal ball
The truth hurts
Marked
Will i regret this ?
Blackmail
Pack on the line
Friends help?
White wolf
Its only the mate bond?
Happiest man
We do it together
Authors note ( please read )
Not an update

Locked away

8.6K 227 42
By dreamcatcher2390

~Veronica pov

I froze not knowing what to do.

This can't be true. I avoid everyone. Well all except one. The one person I should have stayed away from I ended up getting the closest to.

Just from a few words it all made sense. I was always the odd one out in my pack being a white wolf. I guess this explains why

My mate is the goddam prince

As I try to process the information Ben just stared at me waiting for a reaction or response.

I was so deep in thoughts that it didn't cross me that everyone was watching us.

Thinking more and more I think that this can't be true. I feel no bond towards Ben. Yes he is very attractive but I feel no feeling for him

"Your lying" I stubbornly say

He has to be lying. He just has to be. Today was my great escape.

"Ve I Promise I'm not lying," he says In a sad yet calm voice

No-no-no. If this is true. I hope it's not. He knows all my plans to escape.

"I don't feel attracted to you at all. And saying my wolf if white and putting my in a black dress shows nothing" I reply my anger slowing raising

" them small things are quite big to the royal family and other higher class people. For generations it has been a strict tradition that only the prince and princess wear black to indicate the future rulers. And still to this day we have stayed with that tradition.   Including right now" Ben says with a small pause at the end.

I look up into his eyes to see how blue they were just like mine. Our eyes really did look-alike and he was truly beautiful. But at this moment in time anything to see that this is a lie would help. But sadly I saw only truth from him

I start to wiggle out of his tight  grip on my waist

"No" I whisper whilst a single tear floods down my check

"No no this isn't true. I'm not a princess. I'm not your mate. I'm not your anything" I say whilst I keep trying to run away from him.

Runaway from it all

"Ve please don't run please it won't get you anywhere" Ben pleads

"You are my mate. That makes you our princess. You have been since birth. This is what the moon goddess planned for you. I'm presuming you are stronger then the rest of your pack" he said whilst looking at me.

I slightly nod my head agreeing with him

"Yes your strong because your an alpha child but you are also mated to a royal since birth making you royal. Therefore it's only natural for you to be stronger than everyone else" he said looking at me.

I hated the fact that everything he said was as proving this to be more and more true.

After enough struggling I managed to get out of his tight grip on me and stared to quickly make my way to the nearest exit.

My trembling hands grab hold tightly of the cold metal handles of the door and push it open in a quick motion letting the freshness of the air surround me.

The coldness of the air relaxed me but didn't make me stop. I started to run towards the back gate that should be off guard only to see 6 guards in front of me.

I looked at them wide eyes are that all gave me a sympathetic smile.

My heart sank. There was no escape for me. The tears started to gather in my eyes as soon enough were falling all down my face. Only a few seconds later was big warm armed round my waist pulling me back against their chest

"Princess please don't run away I did tell you there was no point. Do you think the royal guards would let you run off" Ben said his hands gripping my waist as tight as he could but not hurting me.

I start to cry more tears as I shake my head violently trying to deny it all.

"No please Ben let me go please" I shout whilst trying to get out of his grip once again but knowing this time it will be no use.

Finding a mate is one thing but a royal one at that. I wasn't ready to give up my life. My freedom. I couldn't do that. I won't do that.

"No Veronica I will not let you go. Your mine and mine alone. You may not feel the bond yet but it will grow. Male royal always feels the bond first. The bond was growing from the first time we met" Ben told me in a soft voice trying to calm me.

I breathe deep breathes of the cold night air whilst I look round the beautiful garden in the darkness.

"I'm not yours prince Benjamin I'm not anyone's. Let me go." I say with a small growl whilst shaking around in his arms only to not make any progress.

Ben growls more loudly increasing his tight grip on me more as I feel his cold breath brush again my neck.

" you ARE MINE princess Veronica. You belong to me and this kingdom" he says in a harsh tone trying to state the facts.

I'm not a princess. You don't go claiming people as you mates then make them a princess it's not how things work.

" Don't ever call me that. I'm no princess. I'm the daughter of a powerful alpha!" I tell him in a firm voice.

Even though I was an alpha child. The pack wouldn't miss me so much. One my older brother comes back from his alpha training he will take over the pack. I have no importance to the pack except being my father's daughter.

" you will need to get used to being called that. It's your official title and by law you must be addressed by it by all people below you". As soon as he said that I felt us moving back towards the castle.

As we were coming closer to the door I ran out of I started to feel light-headed.

I stopped walking taking deep breathes trying to process my new information.

Everything around me started to go black as I fainted into the darkness with voices of concern all around me.

————————

My eyes start to open up and they squint by the bright light around me. It was day Time?  How long have a been asleep?

The events of what happened flood back to me and I pray it was all just a dream.

Finally looking around at my surroundings I see I'm not in my usual room for the mating games. Sitting up I see I am in a queen-sized Bed which is so comfy it makes me want to go back to sleep.

I had silk sheets wrapped around me that were soft to the touch and even the pillow I was lying on looks so elegant. This was nothing like my other room I was staying it.

I look around the room to see the sheer size of the room. It was about 6x bigger than my room.

At the side was a huge bay window with a sitting area in front of it letting in lots of the natural light which woke me up. In the corner was a desk with perfectly placed writing equipment and a plush looking chair.

In the other corner against the wall was a massive white grand piano matching the soft colors of the room that was both white and pink. To say I liked the room was an understatement. I saw a double door and wanted to see what lies behind it.

Jumping off the bed my feet touched a soft carpet on the floor before my bare feet was again the coldness of the wooden floor.

I looked to see I was wearing an elegant silk nightgown that hugged my body in all the right places. I saw a pair of pastel pink slippers on the floor and decided to put them on as the floor was very cold.

When I put the slippers on the were so soft. I walk up to the doors and open them.

Inside was a walk-in wardrobe. It had all types of clothes from dresses to shoes and handbags. My mouth fell open in shock of the size. In the middle was a huge mirror from floor to ceiling and marble tiles coating the floor.

Still, in shock I made my room the final room to be greeted with a luxurious bathroom.

I don't think I have even seen a bathroom this big in my life. It had a bathtub in one corner and a shower in the others as well as polished floors I could see my reflection in.

I back out of the bathroom and stood in the Centre of the room. This room looked like it was made for a princess. 

I was confused about how I woke up in hear though. After what i remembered I fainted outside. I'm guessing I was still in the palace to I'm guessing it wasn't a dream.

All of a sudden it was like reality hit me. I was in awe of the room I forgot about my real problems. I glanced over to the window and looked outside to see I was on the top floor.

Well I guess jumping out the window is not an option anymore.

As I sat in one of the chairs in the room I sighed to my self. What have I gotten my self into?

Why me out of the millions on the earth it had to be me. I didn't want to think about what was going to happen to me. I just needed to get out of this room.

By the looks of outside, it was early morning so everyone hopefully should still be asleep

I realized that I didn't have my phone with me and looked at the bedside table to still see no sight of my phone.

Having better things to worry about I made my way to the third door to presume it was the edit to this wonderful bedroom I would love to stay in longer.

I reached my hand out to the door hoping it wasn't locked but to my luck it wasn't. I slowly opened the beautifully designed door with golden patterns on it.

I didn't push the door all the way open but I enough to fit my 5,6 body through.

I was about to leave the room into the empty hallways until I saw two royal guards stood outside the door.

I was shocked to see them and jumped a bit in the surprise of seeing them.

"Sorry for scaring you princess" on of the guards said to me whilst still looking straight ahead.

"I'm not a princess and what are you doing ?" I ask in a hard tone towards the guards.

"Your prince Benjamin's mate therefore you are princess Veronica" the other guard said as I cringed at the name they gave me.

" and we are outside your door your highness because we have been told to watch over to make sure your safe" the same guard spoke again.

Like I believe that. I knew the real reason they were here.

" hmm yeah right more like your here to make sure I don't leave. Please correct my if I'm wrong but I'm pretty sure I'm not"

I grin at them knowing that I am right. And they know I'm right.

They both look at each other until both the men in black let out a small chuckle of amusement.

" yes you are right your highness but we are here for your safety also. Killing two birds with one stone" one of the two guards says to me.

I wine in annoyance and betrayal. I trusted Ben and he backstabbed me to lock me away like a damsel in de-stress in a fancy bedroom. I was about to open my mouth and rant on to them about locking me away in a room until I hear someone cough from in front of me.

I glance up to see a rather handsome looking Ben. You can tell he has just got out of bed because of his cute bed hair that made me heart melt on the inside.

I can already see the bond is starting which isn't a good sign. If it grows more then it would be too painful for me to leave Ben behind.

" your up early Ve" Ben said whilst looking down at his Rolex watch.

" I'm here to bring you to breakfast down the hall. We don't need to eat with the others in the games anymore" he said whilst looking up at me with a small smile.

I hungry as I was he shouldn't lock me up in this room only allowing me to leave when he sees fit. That has just pissed me off and he is about to get a mouth full from me.

" and why would I do that? You decide to lock me up in a fancy room that I can only leave when you want me to. I'm, not something you can just keep locked up" I say in one long breath.

He looks at me with a small smirk on his face.

"You see my beautiful mate. If I was sure you won't run away from me then none of this would be happening so if you don't like it then except me as your mate and we can move on to the next stage" he said his smirk growing even bigger knowing he has annoyed me.

" YOU TOLD ME YOU DIDNT EVEN WANT A MATE AND NOW YOU'RE LOCKING ME UP" I yell at him. All my emotions are crashing down on me finally making me let it all out.

He gave me a sympathetic smile before he continued on.

"I'm sorry Veronica but it was the only way for me to get you to talk to me. If I did otherwise I highly doubt you would have even told me your plans to leave and I can't just let you leave Ve I'm sorry but it has to be this way" With that Ben slowly moves closer to me until I am backed up into the bedroom I once came from.

"Stop. Don't come closer. I don't want a lier for a mate and especially one who locked me away" I said with tears falling.

Ben continues to come closer to me as I back away occasionally glancing over my shoulder to make sure I don't hit anything.

"Technically your not locked up. Last time I checked that door is open"

"You might as well lock it since their guards are stopping me from leaving" I said finally hitting the back wall which leads Ben to come closer to me.

He puts both hands on the wall beside me and leans his head closer to mine.

"Look Veronica" Ben begins to talk before I cut him of yelling

"GET THE HELL AWAY FROM ME. I.DONT. WANT.A MATE"

A loud growl comes from ben as he slams his hands against the walls next to me.

"Look Veronica I'm trying to be nice but you see you are having none of it. IM YOUR MATE SO I SUGGEST YOU GET USED TO IT AND FAST". I stare wide eyes at Ben as he breathes heavily trying to calm down.

"Now Veronica just come to fucking breakfast with me and we can talk about this later" Ben said as he grabs my hand pulling me out the room and down the halls.

————————

Over 2600 words for this chapter. Wow

I just want to say a huge thanks for over 100 reads. I wasn't expecting many people to even read my story so I really do appreciate it.

I am sorry my writing skills aren't the best but I'm hoping the improve through the book and in future books that I do plan on making 💜💜

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

86 0 13
The night sky fills with the burning embers and smoke. Faint screams and hatred fill the air as I watch as the heart of my suffering burn in beautifu...
52.8K 2.2K 39
***DOING SOME MAJOR EDITING*** The Mating Gathering is a time every young werewolf looks forward to. At a time when soul mates no longer exists, the...
840K 18.9K 29
What happens when enemies become mates? Cassie Dawson a sarcastic teenage werewolf with the alpha blood running through her veins. A menace to societ...
1.5K 61 22
Ingrid has been the schools in-betweener, She is bad and good. Since she was born she lost her parents because her dad ran away and her mom gave Ingr...