Chet |Complete|

By KatCWrites

Amity Logan's life is turned outside down when she is forced to leave her family behind and move to a new tow... More

Chapter 1 - Different roads
Chapter 2 - Goodbye
Chapter 3 - Asshole
Chapter 4 - Friends?
Chapter 5 - The bar
Chapter 6- Bad ass
Chapter 7 - Good morning
Chapter 8 - Breakfast?
Chapter 9 - Home
Chapter 10 - Business as usual
Chapter 11 - Sick
Chapter 12 - Clubs and kisses
Chapter 13 - Fire
Chapter 14 - Wreckage
Chapter 15 - Good things must end
Chapter 16 - Flowers
Chapter 17 - Date?
Chapter 18 - Coming home
Chapter 19 - Family dinner.
Chapter 20 - Poker
Chapter 21 - Blue eyed monster
Chapter 22 - Wedding
Chapter 23 - Ride or die
Chapter 24 - Wherever
Chapter 26 - The whole truth
Chapter 27 - Home
Chapter 28 - Back at it
Chapter 29 - Babysitter
Chapter 30 - Swim
Chapter 31 - Little talks
Chapter 32 - Ambushed
Chapter 33 - Into the night
Chapter 34 - Chet
Chapter 35 - Party
Chapter 36 - Engaged
Chapter 37 - Wedding plans
Chapter 38 - Baby
Chapter 39 - Baby Raven
Chapter 40 - New guy
Chapter 41 - It's a -
Chapter 42 - Gang life
Chapter 43 - Last day
Chapter 44 - Marry me
Chapter 45- Help
Chapter 46 - It was him
Chapter 47 - Boss Mamma
Chapter 48 - Wedding
Chapter 49 - A Son
Chapter 50 - Lane
Chapter 51 - ONE!
Chapter 52- Surprise
Chapter 53 - Surprises come in fours.
Chapter 54 - Babies
Chapter 55 - New Beginnings - epilogue

Chapter 25 - Truth

52.5K 1.5K 316
By KatCWrites

It's been two weeks since Chet and I started out on our adventure and today we're driving back to Hills to spend one more night at Mum and Dad's before we return to Springs.

Our time away together has been nothing short of amazing. Every little town we stopped in, Chet had pre-paid and booked our accommodation, and of course, Chet being Chet, we stayed in the most beautiful hotels he could find with the most expensive rooms. I was so thankful for his generosity, even though he knows I would have been happy with a tent in the park.

Every location we stayed at was right on the water, so we spent most of our days on the beach. If we weren't swimming, we were walking and exploring new things, or eating at little cafes, and if we weren't out, we were in the hotel, in bed.

Overall, we visited four little towns on the trip, one of them being Ocean View, the first place we stayed. Its name and location match up perfectly. Both Chet and I fell in love with it and agreed to come back one day.

The biggest change that came from the trip is how Chet and I interact with each, we're in a really good place, and took the time to really get to know each other on a deeper level. It's easy for us to speak openly with each other now, and that's not something we had before.

The only thing I wasn't open about was my father and what he does for work. I trust Chet, I feel ready to tell him, but It scares me to think what his reaction may be. I know that I can't keep something this big hidden from him, but If I tell him now while we're still at the very start of our relationship, I could lose him forever.

As we drive towards Hills once more, I can't seem to stop my mind from over thinking, everything is starting to feel very real. It's no longer just the two of us, soon we'll be back in Springs and things will go back to normal, only it won't be the normal at all because now we're together.

I have a million feelings running through my mind and body all at once. How are we going to do this? What if I stuff up? What if I'm not a good girlfriend, God I hate labels. How are our family and friends going to take the news? I know my Father will flip because he already has a vendetta against Chet for no reason, but everyone else? How will they react and really, should I even care?

"I can hear you thinking." Chet speaks, looking across at me.

"Music should help." I reply as I lean over, reaching for the volume button.

At the same time as my hand reaches the button, Chet's hand reaches mine and takes my hand in his, moving it away from the button. "Or we could talk about it? You know you can talk to me, right?"

"I know, but there is nothing to talk about." I lie.

"If you say so say." He nods his head, turning his attention back to the road.

Dean's POV:

"Evana, can you come here a moment?" I yell from my position sitting behind the desk in my home office.

"What is it?" She asks as she walks into the room, looking tired.

"I found something on Chet." I tell her as I stand to my feet.

"Oh, for heaven's sake Dean, what happened to you letting it go? You said you'd let it." She rolls her eyes and turns on her heel, heading for the door.

"Evana, I'm telling you it's not good," I call after her in a warning tone.

Turning toward me once more with a huff, she places her hands on her hips. "Okay Dean, what did you find? What did he deal weed as a teenager?"

"Think about it, Evana. Raven, his name is Chet Raven, who else do you know who has that last name?"

She drops her arms by her side and thinks about it for a moment, but soon giggles softly with a shake of her head. "Please tell me you're joking"

"I wish I was."

"You're telling me, because Chet's last name is Raven, and he was born in New York, he must be related to the asshole who tried to rape me in school? And he's part of the Raven's, the Raven's are over Dean, they died the day I killed that asshole." She rolls her eyes. "Honestly Dean, you've lost your mind."

"Just listen to me!" I shout, which causes her to jump slightly. "I have the proof right here Evana, it wasn't me that was looking into it at all, it was the guys, one of the guests at the wedding recognized Chet and they did some digging." I assure her, my voice now back to its normal level. "I don't THINK he is related to him, I know he is, Chet is his son." I inform her as I spin the laptop around with his file open.

Slowly she makes her way back into the room and over to the laptop, she tilts the laptop so she can read it in the best light and I watch as her eyes roam around the screen, from one word to the next taking it all in.

"Oh, God." She places her hand over her mouth as she continues to read. "Do you think Amity knows? Does he know about us? About me? Does he know that I killed his father?" She asks as she takes in a shaky breath

As I observe her I notice her legs trembling under her, and her knees weak. Not in fear for herself, but in fear for our daughter. Quickly, I place my arms around her, holding her before she has a chance to fall. "I have no idea if he knows or doesn't know, I don't know if Amity knows about him being a Raven, but if she did, I think she would have walked away, don't you?" I question as I place a soft kiss to the top of her head. "There is no way she'd willing be with the devil's son."

"What are we going to do?" She asks as she looks up at me, a tear sliding down her cheek. "Dean what if he did know this entire time, and that's the reason he's with her in the first place?"

Amity's POV:

Arriving back at the house, I unlock the front door with my key and make my way inside while Chet follows closely behind, carrying our bags.

"Hello? Anyone home?" I yell into the silent house, as I make my way down the hall headed towards the kitchen.

The moment I reach, I find both Mom and Dad sitting at the kitchen table. Dad has his head in his hands, and Mom has a look of worry written across her face, so much so she almost looks sick.

"Mom, are you okay?" I ask as I make my way quickly to her side.

"I'm fine, honey." she lies, "How was your holiday?"

"It was amazing. We saw so much, and we stayed in the most beautiful places." I tell her with a smile.

"You seem really happy." She says with a small smile before turning to Dad, giving him a look.

Dad nods his head and stands to his feet. It amazes me how my parents do that, how they talk to each other with a simple look, whatever they're telepathically talking about right now, they both seem to understand it, I however don't.

"Dinners in an hour." He speaks before leaving the room.

"Hey Mrs. Logan." Chet smiles as he makes his way into the kitchen and places the bags down for a moment.

"Hi Chet." She gives him a small smile as she stands from the table. "Amity tells me you had a lovely time."

"We did. I wish it wasn't over, to be honest." He chuckles.

"I'm glad you had a good time, I might go and check on your father." she says before turning on heel, exiting the room.

"Is she okay?" Chet questions with knitted brows.

"Honestly, I don't know. They've both been super weird since I walked through the door." I tell him with a saddened expression.

"Maybe they had a fight or something, come here." He whispers as he pulls me into his arms. "Don't let it upset you, whatever it is, I'm sure the two of them will work it out." He leans down and places a kiss to my forehead.

"You're right." I snuggle into his arms, breathing his familiar scent.

Evana's POV:

As I watch Chet and Amity from the bottom of the stairs, I feel my heart break. Looking at the interaction they share, I don't believe Chet knows who we are, who I am, who Amity is. Because if he did and this was all some kind of payback game, there is no way he would look at her the way he does, hold her the way he does, protect her the way he does.

It's perfectly clear that Chet is falling in love with my daughter and my Amity with him.

I make my way up the stairs quickly and walk towards Dean's office, pushing the door open, tears now rolling down my cheeks. "How are we going to tell her, Dean? I really don't think he knows."

Sighing, Dean stands to his feet and makes his way over, pulling me into his arms. "I'm picking up on those vibes as well." He admits, "If he wanted to harm her, he just had her alone for two weeks that would have been his perfect opportunity and instead she came home the happiest I have ever seen her."

"Then what will we do? I would like to suggest we don't tell them at all, but we have to, Amity knows too much about the Ravens, about what happened. I don't think I can keep this from them, they need to know."

"We'll tell them at dinner."

Amity's POV:

After a shower and a nap, Chet and I make our way down the stairs, hand in hand. Right away, the aroma of food hits my nose and I know that Mom must be close to done cooking. I don't how she does it, no matter what mood she's in, happy or sad, she still pulls together an amazing meal.

"Do you need help with anything?" I question, dropping Chet's hand as we reach the kitchen.

"It's all done, take a plate and serve what you'd like." She smiles softly as she picks up her plate, filling it with vegetables and roast meat.

Once everyone has a plate, we sit down at the dinner table together and begin to eat. It feels strange tonight, to be having dinner just the four of us, I bet it feels strange for Mom and Dad as well. Over the last couple of weeks it's been a full house but now Avery and Ezra are back in New York, Alex and Star are on their honeymoon and after tonight Chet and I will be gone as well, leaving just Mum and dad again, for the first time in years.

"You both had a good time away then?" Dad questions, surprisingly starting a conversation with Chet and I.

"It was amazing." I nod with a cheerful smile on my face.

Sighing, my father places his fork back down on the table. I know this look; he has something that he wants to get off his chest. I should have known it wouldn't be long.

"Look kids, there is something that we need to talk to you about." He speaks once more, taking Mom's hand in his.

"Does this have anything to do with why you were acting so strange this afternoon?" I ask, looking between them.

"How well do you two actually know each other?" He questions quickly.

"I uh-, A lot, a little?" I question softly. "I don't know Dad, what do you want me to say?" I knit my brows together in confusion.

"Would you say you're pretty open with each other?" He raises a brow.

"Okay, Dad, this is crazy." I laugh nervously. "What the hell is this all about."

"Anything you'd like to tell my daughter before I do?" He questions, looking toward Chet.

"Chet?" I whisper as I turn to him, and attempt to take his hand in mine, but he doesn't take my hand, rather he moves his hand away. "What is it?" I question, knitting my brows together in sadness.

"Alright then, let's just cut to the chase." Dad interrupts. "Chet, I have to ask what exactly do you know about us?"

"Uh, other than the fact you're Amity's parents and you don't really seem to like me very much, nothing." Chet shrugs his shoulders. As I take in the sight of him, I know he's telling the truth.

Once more Mom and Dad share a look between them, one that Chet and I don't understand. All I want to know is where this is going. Finally, Mom nods her head, and Dad speaks once more.

"The last name Raven, does it mean anything to you Amity?" He questions calmly, now looking toward me.

"No? Should it?"

"Have a think for a moment," he presses on.

Crossing my arms over my chest, I lean back in my chair and think about Chet's last name and just exactly it's meant to mean to me. Once I work it out, I roll my eyes with a soft giggle. "Chet's last name is Raven, so you think he somehow belongs to the old Raven's crew."

"I don't think he does; I know he does, and the crew isn't old, it isn't in the past at all, the Ravens are still very much active, and Chet is the new leader." He looks his eyes towards Chet's "Right Chet?" He raises a brow.

I turn towards Chet once more, worry now filling my eyes. "He has no idea what he's talking about, right? Please tell me he's crazy and you have no clue what he's talking about."

"No, he's right." He shakes his head, sadly.

"But-"

"I'm sorry Am, I shouldn't have kept something this big hidden from you, but I didn't want to lose you."

Standing up from the table, I push my chair in. "I should have known this was too good to be true, you knew this entire time didn't you?" I raise my voice, not in anger but in sadness. "You have to be fucking kidding me, I'm so stupid." I turn on my heel and head towards the large glass sliding doors leading to the balcony.

"Amity." Chet calls softly as he follows me outside.

"What the hell was your end game, huh? To get to my family? To hurt me, kill me even, what?" I yell.

"Amity, I just meant I shouldn't have kept my job from you, I have no idea what you're talking about, what am I missing here? Why the hell would I want to hurt you or your family?"

"You must think I'm really stupid if you think I'm going to fall for that. There is no way you don't know what's going on here, Chet. Why the hell else would someone like you be interested in someone like me." As I feel the tears welling in my eyes, I stop them before they have a chance to fall, and rather fill my body with rage, not wanting to show anyone I'm weak. "God, I really was so fucking stupid, I trusted you, I told you everything and all this time you were just with me for some revenge."

"Amity, I know my dad was a dick, but whatever he had to do with your family has nothing to do with me, I honestly have no idea what you're talking about, please, help me understand." He protests.

"Really Chet? You want me to believe that you had no idea who I was when we met? You want me to belive that you aren't in this to come after my family like your father did?"

"Am, I-" He attempts to speak again.

"I'm not done Chet Raven." I tell him as I cross my arms over my chest once more. "Let's say I believe you, for one second I'll pretend like you're not lying to me and I'll get you up to speed real quick. My father is leader of the Cobras, a much bigger crew then yours, and that makes me the daughter of the leader of the Cobras. Your family and my family have history, which you already know, but we're pretending you don't for a second." I roll my eyes. "Your father tried to rape my mother while he was her trainer in New York when she rejected his advances, luckily she knew how to fight. But he didn't just stop there, he carried a vendetta against us, all of us for years and years, always sending my mother messages, showing up at our house, and then he killed my aunt in cold blood, just to send a message."

"So you know what came next? I'm sure you do, because we're only pretending you don't know." I raise a brow. "My Mother killed your father. She shot him in the head, and the Cobras took care of the body. 

This chapter was edited and re-published on 16/9/20

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Madam Mafia By Nana

Teen Fiction

13.5M 354K 88
Rose Amor is the school nerd. She wears big black glasses and keeps her long black hair in a ponytail. She stays out of drama and keeps to herself. S...
153K 6.3K 35
Lizette has never had an easy life growing up and always felt like she was the black sheep of her family. She didn't grow confidence until after she...
238K 9.4K 29
Aleena is the daughter for one of the most dominant and respected MC's but after her father died a few years back and her mother remarried the VP who...
1.2M 37K 35
Mystique Amberson is a Senior in high school and lives with her older stepsister who has never had to work a day in her life and after she became eig...