The Joker's Princess (Joker X...

By Alynelovesyou

Best Rankings Ever: #1 Joker #1 Batman #2 dc #2 BruceWayne #2 soulmates #6 fanfiction You've always wanted... More

1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21|Mature Content|
22
23
24
25
26
28
29
30
31
32
33
34
35
36
37 [Mature Content]
38
39
40
The End
42
43
Happy 1 Million Views!!
One Shot [Mature Content]

27

29.3K 1K 1K
By Alynelovesyou

Your Point Of View

I walked for hours. I had no particular destination. I just walked until my legs gave out. I managed to snag a few articles of clothing to disguise myself as a homeless woman. As I walked by some windows, I caught my reflection hand hardly recognize myself. My face was covered in black smudges, most likely from the explosion. My hair was frazzled and my eyes were bloodshot. I found a small spot under a bridge where a few other homeless people laid. They eyed me but realized I had nothing of value to me.

I huddle against the concrete wall, tucking the smelly and dirty coat around me tighter. There was no water left in my body for I had cried it all out. Was this what it felt like to be rejected by your soulmate? I felt numb and emotionless, like my purpose to live was over. How pathetic. My stomach growled and I realized that I hadn't eaten in over twenty-four hours.

My eyes scan around to see the bundles of trash laying around. I swallow the last bit of saliva I had at the thought of having to eat food from trash. Funny to think just a few days ago I turned down steak and lobster.

My eyes lit up as I looked up to the sun beginning to rise. Wait a minute...Bruce Wayne! Maybe he could help me...My eyes sweep down to my wrist where the small 'W' had been removed.

No, he'll turn you in.

But he's not the police, and he seemed interested in you. Maybe you can use him to get a better life!

He drugged you.

Your right...he's just as crazy as—

What about Jack?

He rejected you, remember? He no longer wants you.

But he's still your soulmate.

Fuck him.

I wince and hold my head tightly. Since when did I have such loud voices in my head?

My body felt like it had just ran a marathon, but I pushed myself back to my feet. All I wanted was to eat, shower, and sleep, but here I was making my way towards the subway. However, I only made it a few feet before my body gave out, and I was stumbling to the ground. Last thing I heard was a shout for help before I succumb to the darkness.

***
Bruce's Point Of View.

I failed.

Rachel was gone.

My childhood friend and first love was dead. And it was all because of him.

I vowed to never take a life. But after this dreaded night, I might consider it. So many people died last night because of him. Dent was in critical condition along with twenty other officers. (Y/N) was still out there, the Joker had her in his clutches.

I needed to find her, to put some sense into her. She was all I had hoped I had left.

The sun was barely peeking out from behind the buildings when I began to make my way home. I pass under a bridge where a crowd of people were gathering over a person. I slowed the car down before coming to a stop. Even as Bruce Wayne I can help someone in need.

I run up to the group of homeless people who stood over what looked to be a woman. But not just any woman.

(Y/N) was laying right here before me, in tattered clothes, an ash stained face, and completely unconscious. Did the Joker finally dump her off?

I knew soulmate bonds weren't as magical as they claimed.

"Excuse me, please make way," I say politely as I push through the people and crouch down beside her. "This is my friend, I will take them to the hospital," I tell the group.

"Someone already called the ambulance," a man says from the crowd.

I reach into my pocket and pulled out all the backup cash I had and gave threw it to the ground. "Money says I was never here," I say tightly before picking her up in my arms and rushing back to my car.

I place her into the back seat gently before jumping back in the driver's seat and taking off. My body ached from the night's events, but having (Y/N) back in my custody made me feel slightly better.

Looking at her through my rearview mirror, I wondered what happened between the Joker and her. She looked pretty battered and even though she had been on his side, I had the sense to care and nurture her. Now that Rachel was completely gone, the only people I had left was Alfred and her. And since she had no one else as well, then maybe she'll finally come to her senses and accept me.

***

Joker's Point Of View

As soon as that damn woman left my car, I grabbed the back up phone from the glove box and dialed quickly.

Ring. Ring. Ring—

"B-boss," a scared and weak voice replies and my lips automatically spread at hearing the fear I've created.

"Your dancing on a very thin line Mikey," I growl into the phone.

"Let me explain—"

"Don't speak. Just listen. You have one chance, and only one. I've sent Princess away from here. Your job is to track her down and take her back to the safe house. If I hear that you have failed, you better run very far away from here. Or pop goes the Mikey? Kapeesh?"

There was silence on the line causing me to bark at him for a response.

"Y-Yes boss."

I squeezed the phone tightly before throwing to the car's floor.

How could she!? Didn't she realize the danger she put herself in!? But it was pretty hot how she stabbed that officer...But still! She disobeyed me and put herself at risk!

"Damn it all!! I snarl as I slammed my hands down onto the steering wheel. I shouldn't have let her go by herself...she could be picked up from the officers...or worse...Bruce Wayne.

I growl low in my throat before peeling out of the parking lot and driving out of the garage. My eyes scan around to see if there was any chance of seeing my princess, but she was gone.

She thought I rejected her; the look of hurt that crossed her face was enough to make my heart flip. Maybe I should have. It would have saved us both the trouble. She could move on, forget me, and continue on with her life.

My fist clenched tightly against the wheel at the thought of her marrying someone else. She was mine! Damn it! Why couldn't she have just STAYED HOME!!

My mind swirled from the debate that was currently happening and I wanted nothing more than to down a bottle of jack to stop the constant chatter. Though, I had work to do. Plans that needed to be completed, and goals that needed to be fulfilled.

I peeled out of the street and made my way deeper into the narrows. The show must go on.

***

Your Point of View

My eyes flutter open and I was greeted by a pair of blue eyes.

"I'm so glad you are alright," a voice says and my mind focuses till I realize that Bruce Wayne was standing above me.

I groaned and sat up. "What happened?" I ask and I rub my head.

He sighs and sits back. Last time I saw him in my sane mind, I was running away from him. I'm sure after everything that went down he must hate me.

"Well, I found you unconscious under a bridge off main.."

I flinch at his words, I didn't need to be reminded how I ended up there.

Bruce noticed my disposition and he leans forward and grab my hand. I don't pull away, instead I look up at him. "Did he succeed?" I ask timidly, almost painfully.

The billionaire looks at me with confusion. "Who?"

"Batman," I merely whispered, remembering that he sent him on a wild goose chase to save Harvey Dent and his soulmate.

Bruce must have known what I meant for his eyes flash with emotion and he pulls away from me to sit back in his chair.

"No."

The word held so much pain and disparity that it almost felt like a dagger had driven into my gut.

I sigh and turn away. "What have I done..."

Bruce squeezes my hand. "This has nothing to do with you."

But only if you knew...

"I was ready to join him Bruce. I was willing to stay by his side but he...he didn't want me," My voice cracks and I swallow the sob threatening to spill.

Bruce was silent, and I couldn't tell what he was thinking right now. I felt my hand move facing up, exposing my wrist. He traces a small 'W' in my skin before speaking. "We've all done things we regret. I don't know what it's like to have a soulmate, but I'm still a man. I still know what love is."

I turn to him. "I don't even know what love is. I was just listening to what my soul told me to do. But in the end, it was for nothing."

"He's not sane, maybe at one time he was. But he went down a different path, a path that you shouldn't follow," Bruce says sincerely.

"But I have nothing left," I tell him honestly.

"You have me," He tells me and I snap my head up to him.

I stare at him for a few seconds, studying his face. My eyes lowered and I felt guilty. "I'm sorry...," I trail off. "About Rachel and Harvey."

He shrugs his shoulders. "It's not the first time I lost someone important to me," he mutters and I bite my lip.

"My mother used to call me every week to check on me. She was so worried about me moving to such a dangerous city. When I was...taken...my first thought was what would she think?" I shake my head. "I guess she never had a chance to worry."

My mind suddenly went to the time I spent with Bruce. "Why?" I ask him.

He lifts an eyebrow. "Why what?"

I scoff and point a finger at him, "Why lie to me?"

He visibly stiffens before clearing his throat. "Like I said, we all do things we regret. I wanted you, and I wanted you to stray away from his lifestyle and if lying to you was the way, then so be it."

I was stunned. Did Bruce Wayne, billionaire playboy, just say he wanted me? I mean...I thought he was just a huge flirt. But would he really go through all that trouble for me to be with him?

"So why me?" I question, intrigued to know the answer.

He bites his cheek as he racks his brain for an answer. I could tell by the look on his face, he was nervous to tell me.

"Well, for starters, I find you incredibly beautiful," he starts.

I roll my eyes. "Whatever you say. I was voted most average in high school."

He lets out a laugh and shakes his head. "What school does that?"

I shrug my shoulders. "Okay maybe not literally, but still."

He leans forward, leaning on his knees. "You forget that high school was years ago. Right now, I'm looking at a stunningly gorgeous mature woman. Who is very brave and stubborn and courageous."

It was my turn to laugh. "Brave? I get stubborn but courageous? Mr. Wayne, I think you may have hit your head somewhere. I'm a cry baby."

Bruce wasn't laughing, instead he gives me a serious look. "You managed to survive the most heinous criminal in all of Gotham. Even though you knew the consequences, you still made a run for it. Any weak minded individual would have probably succumb to insanity by now."

"Who says I haven't?" I shot back.

He shrugs his shoulders. "An insane person would never admit being insane."

I sighed and leaned back against the pillows. "So what now? I'm sure the commissioner is not pleased with me."

"As far as they know, you are still missing" he says and I was shocked.

"You mean they don't know I'm here?" I question and he nods.

I cross my arms and stared up at the ceiling. "I guess I'm your prisoner again then."

A deep chuckle echoed through the room. "No darling, you are a guest. You are free to leave, but I wouldn't advise it. The Joker is still at large and all of Gotham is evacuating. In fact, I will be gone for a while. This would be the safest place for you." He stands to his feet before giving me a smile.

I flinch at the name, my neck burning intensely. "Promise me something?" I suddenly ask him, looking up at him with red eyes.

"Anything," he says almost too warmly.

"Promise I won't ever see him again?"

Bruce's expression shifts and he leans forward cup my face. "I promise sweetheart."

I give him a smile which he returns before he turns to leave. "Dinner is at 6, Alfred will bring it to you," he tells me before leaving the room.

As soon as the door shut, the smile left my mouth and I swung off the bed and ran to the window. There was no way I was staying in this hell hole with a man who had drugged me. He may have feelings for me but I'm done dealing with obsessive controlling men.

I'm going to be free.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

33.3K 1.2K 37
It's the beginning of my senior year and all I want is to get through the last year of high school, unscathed and under the radar. Of course, that is...
23.3K 1.3K 58
« 𝒂𝒓𝒕𝒉𝒖𝒓 𝒇𝒍𝒆𝒄𝒌/𝒋𝒐𝒌𝒆𝒓 𝒙 𝒐𝒄 » She could remember the first time she ever saw Arthur Fleck. He was a shy, timid shell of a man, with...
54.8K 1.8K 31
Iris Wayne has no choice but to move to Gotham when her aunt unexpectedly passes away. Having no other family to turn to, she goes to the one person...
23.7K 693 31
this is kinda just for fun so uh yea a girl named honey just moved to gotham to live with her best friend. one day her life gets turned around when...