My brother's a rapist, my dad...

By PerfectlyUnperfect

Abigail thinks her life's about to end when she's forced to move in with her mum and her new husband. Everyth... More

Chapter 1 [Plus Picture of Yale]
Chapter 2 [Plus Picture of Abigail]
Chapter 3 [Plus Picture of Tyler]
Chapter 4 [Plus Picture of Jenna]
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35 [Plus Picture of Max]
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Chapter 43
Chapter 44a
Chapter 44b
Chapter 45

Chapter 22

841 7 1
By PerfectlyUnperfect

Hello !

Just want to apologize for the late update. I've been SO busy with school work that I haven't had the chance. But here it is, and I hope you enjoy this chapter.

Oh, and before I start I'd like at ask if any of you have any IDEAS for the story ? I'm kinda lost on some, and I want the end to be extremely gripping because I'm thinking of making a SEQUEL. :D

Post in comments if you have any ideas. Best ones can maybe help me with planning the sequel to this story. (:

Nemii.

Chapter 22

Jenna's POV

I cried out in agony as Max continued to twist me wrist.

I could feel the blood rushing up my arm, the searing pain becoming unbearable.

Although he took no notice of my cries, he let go of me, and pushed me onto the bed. I tried lifting up my arm, but dropped it back down when a spark of pain shot through my hand. Max stepped closer, until his face was inches way from mine.

"Thought you could get away from this, didn't you?" Max said, letting out a low chuckle.

A shiver slowly made it's way down my spine, the hairs on the back of my neck sticking out on end.

I bit the inner side of my lip, and looked down at my lap as my hair fell across my face.

It was getting quite ridiculous how he was trying to get me to do his dirty-work. Not that it was heavy, but the fact that it had to involve my best friend and her boyfriend made it a lot worse than it could have been.

"Max, please. I've had enough of your bullshit already, and I don't want to get involved in anything more. You've made my life hell ever since Tyler's party, and I can't even sleep properly without having to remember all that you've done to me. So just fuck off and leave me alone!"

My temper had slowly began to rise, and the look on Max's face only made me angrier. He was about to make another move when I swiftly shoved my knee into the place where the sun don't shine, and immediately made a run for it.

I have never in my life felt so powerful.

I quickly made my way down the stair-case, and into the main hall. I looked back behind me to see the that it was completely deserted. I let out a sigh of relief, and turned to look at the large mirror that stood close to the front door.

I peered at myself, and noticed how red my eyes were. My face was slightly puffy and red, with a couple bruises on my right cheek. I lifted my good hand to my face, and ran my finger-tips across the bruises. I flinched at the pain it caused, and let my hand fall back down to my sides.

Turning back to the door, I let my hands grip the doorknob and turning it slowly, I pulled open the door open.

I stepped out into the fresh air, inhaling it deeply. The scars on my cheeks stung as the wind lapped at them, but I didn't care. I was no longer in Max's grip.

I looked up ahead of me to see Abigail and Yale sitting on the wall near the gate of the house. As I approached them, they turned round and jumped up in the air, happy that I was still in one piece.

"Jenna are you okay? Did he hurt you?" Abigail questioned, scanning me for any major cuts or bruises. Then she slapped her forehead and rolled her eyes. "Stupid question. What did he do to you?"

I laughed, and gave her a hug.

"Nothing big, but I think a doctor needs to take a look at this-" Using my good arm, I tried to carefully lift my bad arm up to show Abigail what happened. I winced at the pain it caused, and let my arm fall back down again.

"Gosh, you really do need to see the doctor," Abigail whispered, taking a look at my hand. Yale nodded in agreement.

"And fast," he added. "Looks like it's broken, from the way you had difficulty lifting it up." I nodded, and turned to look behind me. I frowned when I saw that the house was still completely silent.

"Let's get a move on, before Max decides to ruin the good mood," I said, taking hold of Abigail's arm as we made our way down the street. I turned to look behind me, and saw Yale slowly following us, his full concentration on his phone.

"Yale?" I suddenly asked, slowing my walking pace. Yale looked up from his phone screen to look at me.

"Yeah?"

"After Tyler's party .. or better yet, during it, .. did you see me get taken away by Max?" Yale shot me a surprised look before turning away.

"Can .. can we not talk about this?" he said slowly, he cheeks, for the first time in years, slowly turning pink. I raised an eyebrow.

"Yale, this is really important. If I don't know this, then it'll be harder for us to fix this stupid problem. You've really gotta start telling us what you know." Yale sighed, and brushed the hair out of his eyes. Abigail looked at him expectantly, waiting for an answer.

Unfortunately, we got none. Instead, we received a hard-hearted reply.

"You know what? I agree; this is fucking stupid. I don't even know why I bother with anything anymore," he replied, walking past us. My eyes widened, and I turned to look at Abigail, who held the exact same expression.

Never in my life have I seen Yale look as mad as that.

"Yale, where are you going?" Abigail called, as she raced to catch up with him. He didn't answer, and instead walked faster. I grabbed Abigail's arm, and pulled her to a stop.

"Leave him alone," I said simply. "It will be better if we figure this out ourselves. You already found it difficult to get answers from him if it was about this whole incident." Abigail looked at me with sad eyes, before nodding in agreement.

Abigail's POV

As we walked down the road to the hospital, Jenna finally found the chance to explain everything that I didn't know. Including the fact that she was Tyler's ex.

"So Max just brought you upstairs and .. ?" Jenna nodded, giving me the chance to not say the last couple of painful words. I gasped lightly, and gave my friend a tight hug. She winced a little, and laughed when I jumped back.

"Crap, sorry," I mumbled, digging my hands in my pockets. Jenna smiled and shrugged. We continued our way until we reached the hospital.

"Can I help you?" the lady at the desk asked. I nodded, and pointed to Jenna.

"My friend, Jenna, she .." I glanced quickly at Jenna, hoping she had an explanation about her wrist.

"I was moving things in my room, and I by accident dropped something heavy on it. I think it's broken." Jenna looked at the lady, who looked back at her with one slightly raised eyebrow.

I didn't see what was wrong about that.

"Well, we'll make a couple arrangements for you to get an X-Ray and a couple other tests," the lady replied, and began quickly typing on the keyboard. I have never seen anyone type so fast. The lady looked at my amused face and laughed.

"I've been using the computer for years, so I learned to type fast." I nodded, and smiled. The lady then printed out a sheet and handed it to Jenna.

"Mind filling that in quickly?" she asked, checking her perfectly manicured nails. Jenna nodded, and took the pen the lady offered. Quickly writing down her information, she handed the sheet back to the lady.

"The waiting room's this way," she said, pointing to the hall on the left. "Just keep going until you reach a staircase. First floor, and hall to the right." We nodded and thanked her before making our way to the waiting-room.

~*~

As I walked down the road back to my house, I thought over the events of today. And all the information I found out.

Jenna being Tyler's ex? I still couldn't believe it.

I walked up my street, and as I approached my house, I noticed another car in our driveway. I smiled when I realised who it belonged to. I ran the rest of the way, hastily unlocking the door and entering the house.

I slipped off my jacket, not caring where I left it, and ran down the hall. I heard talking coming from the living room, and pushed the door open.

"George!" I cried, flinging my arms up in the air. My mum, who was sitting opposite my step-dad, turned to me and smiled at my excited expression, and turned to look at George.

I did too, and my arms immediately dropped back to their sides.

Is it me, or have I seen that face before?

-----

Cliffhanger ? Yes. >:)

Exciting upcoming chapter ? Double yes. :D

Late update ? No. :D

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

707K 44.9K 55
Santana Harris has had her fair share of relationships. She is 25 and trying so hard not to be the bitter friend but love has bit her in the ass too...
275K 7K 24
Sara Overstreet wanted nothing more than Hayden's Love, but in high school nothing every turns out the way you want it to. What happens when they com...
143K 2K 10
She sacrificed her pain to erase the one she saw in him. When one night brings more than a single favour....and pleasure grows within painful circums...
441 134 102
After unexpectedly giving birth to twins, Hayden is devastated to find that the baby she was expecting didn't make it. Convinced that the baby was mu...