Chet |Complete|

By KatCWrites

Amity Logan's life is turned outside down when she is forced to leave her family behind and move to a new tow... More

Chapter 1 - Different roads
Chapter 2 - Goodbye
Chapter 3 - Asshole
Chapter 4 - Friends?
Chapter 5 - The bar
Chapter 6- Bad ass
Chapter 7 - Good morning
Chapter 8 - Breakfast?
Chapter 9 - Home
Chapter 10 - Business as usual
Chapter 11 - Sick
Chapter 12 - Clubs and kisses
Chapter 14 - Wreckage
Chapter 15 - Good things must end
Chapter 16 - Flowers
Chapter 17 - Date?
Chapter 18 - Coming home
Chapter 19 - Family dinner.
Chapter 20 - Poker
Chapter 21 - Blue eyed monster
Chapter 22 - Wedding
Chapter 23 - Ride or die
Chapter 24 - Wherever
Chapter 25 - Truth
Chapter 26 - The whole truth
Chapter 27 - Home
Chapter 28 - Back at it
Chapter 29 - Babysitter
Chapter 30 - Swim
Chapter 31 - Little talks
Chapter 32 - Ambushed
Chapter 33 - Into the night
Chapter 34 - Chet
Chapter 35 - Party
Chapter 36 - Engaged
Chapter 37 - Wedding plans
Chapter 38 - Baby
Chapter 39 - Baby Raven
Chapter 40 - New guy
Chapter 41 - It's a -
Chapter 42 - Gang life
Chapter 43 - Last day
Chapter 44 - Marry me
Chapter 45- Help
Chapter 46 - It was him
Chapter 47 - Boss Mamma
Chapter 48 - Wedding
Chapter 49 - A Son
Chapter 50 - Lane
Chapter 51 - ONE!
Chapter 52- Surprise
Chapter 53 - Surprises come in fours.
Chapter 54 - Babies
Chapter 55 - New Beginnings - epilogue

Chapter 13 - Fire

60.9K 1.7K 178
By KatCWrites

Amity's POV:

Waking to the sound of giggling and loud talking, I open my eyes with a groan. What the hell happened last night and where the hell am I? I look around the room, and quickly realize I'm not at home, rather I'm at Chet's house and in his bed. Raising the sheets, I look down at my body only to find I have nothing but my bra and panties on. What the hell happened here last night, do I even want to know?

Feeling a warm body close to mine, I roll over to find Chet laying in bed next to me and jump back in surprise as I pull the sheets over my body.

"Morning Sweetheart," Chet smirks at me.

"W-what the hell happened last night?" I stutter.

"Don't get shy on me now, I've already seen you naked." He winks.

"Chet, I'm serious what happened last night, d-did we?" I move my messy hair from my face and bite down on my bottom lip.

"Trust me, if we'd of slept together you'd remember, so I think you're good." He sits up and slicks his messy hair back with his hand. "You tried though."

"What do you mean I tried?" I sit up in bed quickly.

"You don't remember telling me how sexy I am before putting moves on me and telling me how much you want to fuck me?" he smirks again.

With wide eyes, I shake my head. "I did not." I tell him quickly, my heart rate rising quickly. "Please tell me I didn't"

As he bursts out laughing, he swings his legs over the side of the bed and stands to his feet. "I'm just messing with you, but I don't see you denying my sexy looks."

"You know you're good looking Chet, you don't need me to tell you that." I roll my eyes and lay back down, looking up at the roof, thanking God that he was joking and I hadn't actually spoken those words to him.

"I better check on these idiots before they burn my kitchen down."

"Wait." I call after him.

"Yes?"

"What did actually happen last night?"

"You were drunk, we left the club and came back here, Sasha and Ryan stayed in one room, Brigette and Austin in another."

"Yet I somehow ended up in your bed?" I raise a brow

"It's what you wanted, sweetheart." he shrugs his shoulders

"I don't know if you're being serious right now, or if you're playing games with me again."

Chuckling softly, he shakes his head. "You said you wanted to sleep in here with me, that you wanted to cuddle, so I let you. You took your own dress off and I offered you one of my shirts, but you declined before passing out. Nothing happened between us."

"Thanks" I smile softly up at him

"Uh, you're welcome?" he chuckles as he leaves the room.

No sooner has Chet left the room, Sasha and Brigette bust into the room, both running towards the bed, jumping onto it with a giggle as they reach.

"Was he good?" Sasha wiggles her brows with a smile..

"Ew, Sash, that's my brother." Brigette fake gags.

"I didn't sleep with him, so I can't answer your question." I giggle at their interaction as I sit up in the bed. "God, I don't remember much of last night, I don't even remember leaving the club." I admit

"Chet pretty much had to drag your drunk ass out of the club, maybe that's why." Sasha laughs.

"He didn't take very kindly to you and Markus," Brigette adds.

"Markus?" I rub my temples with my index fingers.

"Yeah Markus, you know the guy you kissed on the dance floor, also Chet's friend?" Sash raises a brow.

"Oh god." I huff and throw myself back down on the bed. "I didn't, did I?"

"You did and Chet was so pissed off, I've never seen him carry on like such a possessive asshole before." Sasha comments.

"I think someone has a little crush on you." Brigette sings happily.

"Brigette we're not five years old, no one has a crush on anyone." I sit up once more, now facing them both. "I can assure you Chet isn't interested in me."

"Oh, but you're interested in him?" Sasha questions.

"I never said that." I slip out of the bed and walk towards Chet's walk-in wardrobe. "Damn, he's got shit color-coded." I laugh as I pull one of his shirts off the hanger and pull it over my body.

"If you ask me, I think you should get used to wearing his shirts honey because I can see right through both of you, and this game you're both playing of pretending you don't like each other."

"I'm going to get something to eat." I tell them as I exit the room quickly, avoiding the conversation further.

***

After some breakfast, which we ate at lunchtime, we spend the rest of the afternoon hanging out by the pool. As I look around at the group of people, I now call my friends, I smile softly for a moment, I can't believe how quickly we've all become so close, I'm so thankful to have them.

Sitting on the edge of the deep end of the pool, I swing my legs in the water as I look towards the shallow end of the pool where Sasha and Ryan are play fighting in the water, splashing each other, jumping on each other, Sasha's sweet giggle the only noise to be heard as the rest of us chill.

I look towards the sun lounge where Brigette lays, texting away no doubt to Austin who left early this morning wanting to get back to his daughter which we all understood, especially Brigette she's so understanding of Austin putting Paisley before anyone, including himself and considering Brigette is still so young that speaks volumes of her maturity level and how serious about Austin she is. Secretly I can't wait for Austin and introduce her to P as his girlfriend, I know the two of them will be the best of friends in no time.

"Amity, your phone is ringing." Chet calls from his position at the large outdoor table, a cigarette in his hand.

I swing my legs out of the water and stand to my feet, hurriedly making my way towards the table. Once I reach, I pick up my buzzing phone from its position on the glass tabletop, reading the screen before answering.

"Hey Av." I answer with a smile

"Finally, why didn't you reply to any of my text messages? I was worried something had happened, I almost phoned Dad."

"I didn't get any of your text messages or I would have replied. I was out of range last night so maybe that's why, but anyway I'm fine, so what do you need?"

"Maybe or maybe it's my phone playing up again." She sighs, "Anyway, I messaged you to let you know Ezra and I booked our flight home, I can't wait for you to meet him."

"Fight home? Why are you going home?" I question with knitted brows as I take a seat at the table.

"Amity, really?" She huffs. "Our brother is getting married, or did you forget about that?"

"Oh right the wedding, shit, no you're right I forgot I'm a horrible sister." I giggle softly.

"Well now that you've been reminded you better work out your time away from work because it's only four weeks away."

"Austin will run the garage for me, it won't be an issue." I assure her.

"I'm so excited to see you," she squeals softly. "Are you bringing a date, Mom would want you to bring a date." she reminds.

"I'm excited to see you too." I reply quickly, the second answer to her follow up question doesn't come out quit as quick as I sigh softly. "No, I'm not bringing a date, I'll leave all of that love crap to you."

"Love isn't crap Amity, it's beautiful and I know one day you'll find it."

"What man in his right mind would fall in love me?" I giggle softly as I shake my head.

"If you say so, Anyway I have to go Ezra is here to pick me up, love you."

"Love you." I reply before pulling the phone away from my ear, hanging it up.

As I place it back down on the table, I look across at Chet who is staring at me from his same position. "Who's Av?" He raises a brow.

"It's rude to listen to other people's conversations, you know?" I fold my arms across my chest, leaning them on the glass tabletop.

"It's rude to have a conversation right in front of me." He smirks as he finishes his cigarette, putting it out in the ashtray.

"Av is short for Avery, and she's my twin sister if you must know everything."

"I didn't know you had a sister." He states intrigued.

"You never asked." I fire back with a grin. "I have an older brother as well and he's getting married in a month, that's what she was calling me about, we're both going home for the wedding and because she's living in New York at the moment, she's had to book flights."

"Oh, and that's why you need a date, someone to take to the wedding?"

"I don't need a date, my mother just expects me to bring someone, but I'm sure one of my brother's friends will go with me, it's not a big deal." I shrug.

"You're close with your brother's friends?"

"Some more than others." I giggle softly, thinking about Benz and how angry Dad would be if I attended the wedding with him.

"Right." He lets out a breath and looks out towards the pool.

"Because I grew up loving cars and riding bikes and climbing trees, I used to spend a lot of time with them all, they even used to let me play football with them, and believe it or not I wasn't the last one picked on a team." I giggle.

"Wait, your brother let you hang out with him and his friends? Brave man." He laughs, giving me his full attention once again.

"What? His friends liked me."

"Oh, I bet they did."

"What's that meant to mean?" I knit my brows together.

"Nothing Sweetheart." He smirks as he pulls his phone from his pocket, his entire expression changing the moment he see's the name on the screen. "The fuck do you want?" He snaps.

Moving back from the table I slump back in the chair, damn I'd hate to be on the receiving end of that phone call. Not wanting to seem as if I'm listening, I turn my head back towards the pool and watch Sasha and Ryan, who are still mucking around like kids, they're so sweet together.

"Are you fucking kidding me?" Chet yells as he stands to his feet. "How much?" He closes his eyes for a moment. "Great, I'm fucked then, aren't I?" He sighs heavily. "Yeah, I'll be there soon." He hangs up the phone in a fit of rage.

"Is everything okay?" I question as I look up at him.

"Does it seem fine, Amity?" He snaps at me.

"Chet," I whisper as I stand to my feet and take his hand gently, "What happened?"

He looks down at my hand in his, and his body relaxes. "Nothing you need to worry about." He breathes out.

"Everything okay, bro?" Ryan questions now out of the pool and drying himself off quickly.

"The warehouse caught fire." He gives him a strange look, one that Ryan seems to understand, but the rest of us don't.

"Oh shit, let me get dressed real quick and we'll head down." Ryan runs inside.

"Sasha take Amity and Brigette home." Chet yells and Sasha nods.

"Your warehouse caught fire?" I question as I look up at him. "I'll come with you, maybe I can help?"

"No." He says as he turns his back to me and heads toward the door.

"Why not?" I knit my brows together

"Because I fucking said so, Amity." He snaps as he stops walking and turns, looking at me. "This has nothing to do with you, mind your own fucking business." He yells before turning back around, walking through the door and slams it shut.

I scoff softly at his words and actions, shaking my head. Asshole Chet is back, just when I thought I'd see the last of him, he's back and more of an asshole than ever. I know whatever has happened has nothing to do with me, but I thought we were friends and friends help friends when they need it. Maybe I did over step by asking, but yelling at me isn't going to make his issue any better, it just pushes me away.

"You okay?" Sasha questions as she makes her way towards me.

"I'm fine, can you just take me home, please?" 

This Chapter has been revamped! And was re-published on the 7/9/2020.  

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

246K 9.5K 29
Aleena is the daughter for one of the most dominant and respected MC's but after her father died a few years back and her mother remarried the VP who...
159K 6.4K 35
Lizette has never had an easy life growing up and always felt like she was the black sheep of her family. She didn't grow confidence until after she...
565K 17.1K 23
Penny Hultz, is a 23 year old who just hasn't had the best of luck in life. Her father left when she was younger and it had been just her and her mot...
155K 3.4K 26
A chance encounter 10 years previous has come back into Mia's life but he's not just anyone, he is the Tsar of Russian Mafia. Mia is a good girl. A g...